Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? (567 Views)

What Do You Understand By The Trinity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? by Omuneizzy6(m): 2:47am On Mar 07, 2021
Hello Nairalanders, let's share our thoughts.

Gossipers are known as sinners. Gal 5:20-
yet most times my pastor or other Annionted men of God emphasizes that
The Holy spirit is the best Gossiper without better explanation.

What do you understand by "The Holy Spirit is the best Gossiper?

Please make your take politely and respectfully because we are discussing about the Holy spirit. He is a personality.

No insult.
Re: What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? by Solsix(m): 4:00am On Mar 07, 2021
I have heard many christian using that phrase, but I don't think it's good to identify the Holy spirit with gossip. We can rather say Holy Spirit is a revealer if there is anything like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? by chatinent: 4:02am On Mar 07, 2021
Omuneizzy6:

Please make your take politely and respectfully because we are discussing about the Holy spirit. He is a personality.

No insult.

One, the holy spirit is not a person. It's not an angel. It's an active force from God.

Two, your pastors and the so-called annoited men of God are yapping whatever comes into their mouth without checking the Bible truth.

Didn't Jesus promise his disciples God will send them the holy spirit, which proved true on the day of Pentecost? Where disciples were given gifts of the spirit and tongues of fire on their head?

How is it a person then?

I love the way you presented your inquisition rather than believing everything a fellow mere human says without checking the facts.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? by chiommy123(f): 4:46am On Mar 07, 2021
Me never heard the holy spirit is a gossiper as in he tip toes where we are talking and then goes to tell God what we said about him? I don't even understand sef

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? by Monogamy: 6:02am On Mar 07, 2021
Holy spirit is not just a good gossiper but also a good spy..
Re: What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? by adadike(f): 8:27am On Mar 07, 2021
Let's be mindful of the so called men of God that talk anyhow using the holy spirit. I hope we all know that any sin against the holy spirit will not be forgiven biko kwa nu
Re: What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? by Kobojunkie: 9:51am On Mar 07, 2021
Omuneizzy6:

No insult.
If gossip is wrong since ot is done to harm others and Jesus Christ commanded you instead that you do to others as you will like for them to do to you, why then would you believe that the same Jesus Christ(whom the Spirit of God is a stand in for) would engage you in habits that are antichris(contrary/ against the very commandments of Jesus Christ)? undecided

Why do you let yourself be deceived in the name of God by men when Jesus Christ told you that you do not need anyone else teaching you but Himself? undecided
Re: What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? by Image123(m): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
The Holy Spirit is God, not a man. He cannot be accused of sin like man is accused of murder or gossip. It's not a correct statement whatever the meaning.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand By "The Holy Spirit Is The Best Gossiper? by xproducer: 8:15pm On Mar 07, 2021
Image123:
The Holy Spirit is God, not a man. He cannot be accused of sin like man is accused of murder or gossip. It's not a correct statement whatever the meaning.

---

Correct! One must be very careful what one says in general, but particularly about GOD, particularly GOD the Holy Spirit.

"Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come." - Matthew 12:32

Gossiping is a sin as illustrated in 1 Timothy 5:11-14, and other parts of Holy Scripture. A talebearer is defined as a person who maliciously gossips or reveals secrets.

The mighty HOLY SPIRIT mercifully empowers us to do the will and works of GOD (Acts 1:8 ), as well as teaches and reminds us about the Word of GOD (John 14:26)
----------------------------------------

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

"He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he." - Deuteronomy 32:4

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Is Truely dead , the story behind his death / The End Times And Rapture / See Reasons Why God Is Taking Too Long To Come To Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.