Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers (1199 Views)

Police Arrest Three Oyo Hunters For Killing & Burning Of Fulani Huts / Fulani Herdsmen Have Taken Over Our Farmlands, Ijaye Farmers Cry Out In Protest / Ondo Farmers Jobless, Hungry After Herders Fed Their Crops To Cattle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by Ezeama400: 8:37am On Mar 07, 2021
It is tales of woe from farmers across Ondo State following the activities of herdsmen who have not only destroyed their sources of livelihood by their incessant attacks on their farmlands but also annoyingly raped their wives and daughters in their presence.

They lamented that they have consistently been victims of herders for the past five years, precisely since 2016.

The farmers from across the three senatorial districts of the state, almost in tears, narrated their nightmares to Sunday Vanguard.

Some of them claimed to have taken loans to put together their farms, saying everything went down the drains, no thanks to the rampaging activities of herders.

The Vice Chairman of the Ondo State Agricultural Commodities Association (OSACA), the umbrella body for farmers engaged in agricultural commodities in the state, Evans Shado, whose farm is located in lpe-Akoko, Ondo North, narrated, “My problem with herdsmen started in 2016. One day I received a call that my farm at Ipe-Akoko was under attack.

Loan

“I rushed down there and saw that everything was gone.

“But two of the herders who did it were later apprehended and taken to the police station.

“The attackers actually destroyed my 10 hectares oil palm field. The same thing was done to my farm when it was razed in 2018.

“In 2019, the association I belong to had a rice farm at Uso in Owo Local Government Area.

“I was the supervisor. We took a loan of about N10 million from the Federal Government. When it was time to harvest, these intruders came to destroy everything.

“We reported to government officials including the SSA to the Governor on Security, Alhaji Dojumo, and the Chairman of Miyetti Allah in the state, Alhaji Bello.

“The cows were arrested but they were later released while two of the herders who were apprehended are still in custody.

“The case is ongoing since 2019.

“With everything destroyed, the bank has been on our neck for us to pay back the loan. We took insurance people, CBN officials and everybody there to see things for themselves but they’re still asking us to pay back.

“But if such had happened in the North, I’m sure they would have reimbursed affected farmers to go back to enable them continue in business”.

In 2020, after they had put the sad incident of 2019 behind them, Shado said some of them went back to farm by borrowing more than N3 million.

“This time I farmed six hectares of rice. I was expecting millions of naira from the job I did. But when harvest time came, these people came again. They destroyed everything. We reported the case to Amotekun and they came and helped us. “They apprehended some of the attackers but only a meager amount was given to our group because we are so many.

“They gave us N1 million. How will that amount assist us on a farm we had spent millions of naira on?

“Just before January this year, my farm was attacked again. They uprooted all my cassava for their cows. On January 2, I took Amotekun operatives to my farm again. “Before you can go to the farm in my community in Ipe-Akoko, you’ve to go in the company of six to ten people because one might not come back alive if you decided to go alone.

“Formerly, I’m a disappointed, discouraged and an undeterred farmer but, now, I’m for revolution because, last year, I went to the SSA and told him I wanted to be a terrorist because only terrorists and bandits are respected in our nation.

READ ALSO: Cow and blood democracy
“People respect terrorists more than innocent and law abiding citizens. They’ve destroyed this nation.

“I’ve three children in the university. Where do they want me to get money to educate my children who will be looking at me that I call myself a farmer and suffering while others are enjoying.

“So we are at war in this country. It is no longer peace, it is revolution. Revolution is spontaneous and I know it’ll start one day. “I’m a pastor but this time around, it is the prayers of the brethren that are sustaining me because I can do and undo. If you talk you will die, if you don’t talk you will die. “They have killed me while still living”.

Issues

Also speaking with Sunday Vanguard, Chief Ogah Michael, a native of Benue State who has his farm in Ore, Ondo South, said farmers in the area had been having issues with herdsmen for about four years now.

“At Ore, I’ve a farm in the forest where I cultivate a lot of cassava, pepper and maize but herders and their cattle have been disturbing on the farm”, Michael said.

“There was a certain period I reported them to the police and their head in the area known as ‘Seriki’ was invited where we all went to see the level of destruction on the farm.

“After the inspection, they told me that if I could catch at least one herder or a cow, the culprit will be made to pay for the damages but if I’m unable to catch any, there’s nothing they could do.

“But there was a time that a cow was caught with the aid of the police and little compensation was paid.

“But the compensation ended same day at the police station because of the demands of policemen.

“There was also a time that we were able to arrest one herder but on the way coming we had an accident and we were taken to hospital.

“Later the Fulani came and accused us of kidnapping their son

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/herders-drove-us-away-built-their-huts-on-our-farmlands-ondo-farmers/

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by PrinceOfLagos: 8:43am On Mar 07, 2021
Refugee camps in Benin republic will accomodate you cowards

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 8:44am On Mar 07, 2021
Chase them away by Sending bees after them, invite igboho he will repeal them with his body odor. Or simply by Attacking innocent Northerners doing business inside town the herdsmens will leave.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by Monogamy: 8:45am On Mar 07, 2021
This kind of story is now becoming a thing of a past..

Gradually
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by Benmob: 8:45am On Mar 07, 2021
Na wa o! wat is happening in South West, I know a time will come Fulani terrorist will cry for mercy when there oga at d top is out of power(cowbuhari)

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by LokoH(m): 8:49am On Mar 07, 2021
You guys shld try to be accommodating and stop pretending as if you self don't travel. One day they are going back to their village.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by complexBoss12: 8:57am On Mar 07, 2021
imagine a world without religion
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by Mysticwebb: 8:58am On Mar 07, 2021
The men joined in running away? What is wrong with our men? These lanky looking people will get chased away from SE only to come to SW and flex muscle.
Soon they will get tired of staying in the bush and come to the villages to take over.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by mike8804: 9:01am On Mar 07, 2021
complexBoss12:
imagine a world without religion
there will still be chaos, violence is part of human nature, religion is among many ways humans love to exhibit that nature.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by an0daGuy: 9:01am On Mar 07, 2021
Na wah oh. Is this how these people have become refugees in their own land?

It was Just like yesterday that I was taunting them about this issue but now it’s no longer a joking matter lipsrsealed

Yoruba run oh

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by stonemasonn: 9:03am On Mar 07, 2021
My advice to the agrarian societies of Yorubaland is to agree to a form of code of survival and self preservation

A dead cow for a plot of farm land destroyed, a sedomized herdsman for a raped woman, a maimed herdman for a maimed farmer, seizure of seriki's properties for any ransom paid to Fulani for kidnapping a member of the community.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by Spending123: 9:19am On Mar 07, 2021
shame on you.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by Akiara: 9:21am On Mar 07, 2021
AND THESE PEOPLE SAID THAT THEY FOUGHT KIRIJI WAR"... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

THIS IS AN INSULT TO THE YORUBA...WHO DELIGHT IN MOCKING PEOPLE!!

I SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN!!

IF THE NORTH WANTS TO FIGHT THE "SE" THEY SEND ARMY/NAVY/AIRFORCE/DSS/NDLEA/ ETC...

BUT IF THEY WANT TO FIGHT THE SOUTH WEST THEY SEND THEIR "FULANI MILITIA"....JUST IMAGINE!!

TOMORROW THESE "AFONJA" WILL OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND BE INSULTING SE...WHERAS THEY ARE "HOMELESS" IN THEIR OWN LAND!!

THEY SAID ..THEY SENT BEES TO CHASE THE FULANI....UNA FOR SEND SCORPION angry angry angry angry angry..........IMAGINE NONSENSE?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

SUNDAY IGHOHO....IS BUSY SAMPLING DIFFERENT TYPE OF "JUJU JERSEY" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

THE FULANI ARE STILL IN THEIR BUSHES AND HAVE ESTABLISHED A VERY COMFORTABLE EXISTENCE ...EVEN WITH "GENERATOR" FOR ELECTRICITY!!

WHAT THEY KNOW BEST IS "MOCKING PEOPLE"...BUT THEY ARE ALREADY FINISHED!!

BEING A COWARD ISNT THE PROBLEM...BUT..

BEING A "CHESTBEATING" COWARD IS INSULTING AND DISGUSTING.!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by Optional09: 9:22am On Mar 07, 2021
IPOBTERRORISTS:
Chase them away by Sending bees after them, invite igboho he will repeal them with his body odor. Or simply by Attacking innocent Northerners doing business inside town the herdsmens will leave.

Keep fanning the fire you can’t put off
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by Officialgarri: 9:24am On Mar 07, 2021
Back in the days of elementary school, you dare not go home to tell your mum that you were bullied by your own mate.

Since you know you might have to go back to stand toe to toe with your bully, then you rather keep mum over it.

I now begin to wonder if it's that same generation that has grown up into cowards and cry publicly.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by BKayy: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2021
The Yorubas should leave that land for peace to reign
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by Akiara: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

BKayy:

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by temmyyem: 10:13am On Mar 07, 2021
There might not be any farmer left in the south west before the end of Buhari government, unfortunately, Yoruba leaders seem to be part of this evil agenda.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by bobogoat91: 10:18am On Mar 07, 2021
Ezeama400:
It is tales of woe from farmers across Ondo State following the activities of herdsmen who have not only destroyed their sources of livelihood by their incessant attacks on their farmlands but also annoyingly raped their wives and daughters in their presence.

They lamented that they have consistently been victims of herders for the past five years, precisely since 2016.

The farmers from across the three senatorial districts of the state, almost in tears, narrated their nightmares to Sunday Vanguard.

Some of them claimed to have taken loans to put together their farms, saying everything went down the drains, no thanks to the rampaging activities of herders.

The Vice Chairman of the Ondo State Agricultural Commodities Association (OSACA), the umbrella body for farmers engaged in agricultural commodities in the state, Evans Shado, whose farm is located in lpe-Akoko, Ondo North, narrated, “My problem with herdsmen started in 2016. One day I received a call that my farm at Ipe-Akoko was under attack.

Loan

“But two of the herders who did it were later apprehended and taken to the police station.

“The attackers actually destroyed my 10 hectares oil palm field. The same thing was done to my farm when it was razed in 2018.

“In 2019, the association I belong to had a rice farm at Uso in Owo Local Government Area.

“I was the supervisor. We took a loan of about N10 million from the Federal Government. When it was time to harvest, these intruders came to destroy everything.

“We reported to government officials including the SSA to the Governor on Security, Alhaji Dojumo, and the Chairman of Miyetti Allah in the state, Alhaji Bello.

“The cows were arrested but they were later released while two of the herders who were apprehended are still in custody.

“With everything destroyed, the bank has been on our neck for us to pay back the loan. We took insurance people, CBN officials and everybody there to see things for themselves but they’re still asking us to pay back.

“But if such had happened in the North, I’m sure they would have reimbursed affected farmers to go back to enable them continue in business”.

In 2020, after they had put the sad incident of 2019 behind them, Shado said some of them went back to farm by borrowing more than N3 million.

“This time I farmed six hectares of rice. I was expecting millions of naira from the job I did. But when harvest time came, these people came again. They destroyed everything. We reported the case to Amotekun and they came and helped us. “They apprehended some of the attackers but only a meager amount was given to our group because we are so many.

“They gave us N1 million. How will that amount assist us on a farm we had spent millions of naira on?

“Just before January this year, my farm was attacked again. They uprooted all my cassava for their cows. On January 2, I took Amotekun operatives to my farm again. “Before you can go to the farm in my community in Ipe-Akoko, you’ve to go in the company of six to ten people because one might not come back alive if you decided to go alone.

“Formerly, I’m a disappointed, discouraged and an undeterred farmer but, now, I’m for revolution because, last year, I went to the SSA and told him I wanted to be a terrorist because only terrorists and bandits are respected in our nation.

“People respect terrorists more than innocent and law abiding citizens. They’ve destroyed this nation.

“I’ve three children in the university. Where do they want me to get money to educate my children who will be looking at me that I call myself a farmer and suffering while others are enjoying.

“So we are at war in this country. It is no longer peace, it is revolution. Revolution is spontaneous and I know it’ll start one day. “I’m a pastor but this time around, it is the prayers of the brethren that are sustaining me because I can do and undo. If you talk you will die, if you don’t talk you will die. “They have killed me while still living”.

Issues

Also speaking with Sunday Vanguard, Chief Ogah Michael, a native of Benue State who has his farm in Ore, Ondo South, said farmers in the area had been having issues with herdsmen for about four years now.

“At Ore, I’ve a farm in the forest where I cultivate a lot of cassava, pepper and maize but herders and their cattle have been disturbing on the farm”, Michael said.

“There was a certain period I reported them to the police and their head in the area known as ‘Seriki’ was invited where we all went to see the level of destruction on the farm.

“After the inspection, they told me that if I could catch at least one herder or a cow, the culprit will be made to pay for the damages but if I’m unable to catch any, there’s nothing they could do.

“But there was a time that a cow was caught with the aid of the police and little compensation was paid.

“But the compensation ended same day at the police station because of the demands of policemen.

“There was also a time that we were able to arrest one herder but on the way coming we had an accident and we were taken to hospital.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/herders-drove-us-away-built-their-huts-on-our-farmlands-ondo-farmers/

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala Lalasticlala

" It is tales of woe from farmers across Ondo State following the activities of herdsmen who have not only destroyed their sources of livelihood by their incessant attacks on their farmlands but also annoyingly raped their wives and daughters in their presence."

imagine Fulani banging your wife or daughter right before you with their uncircumcised gbolas... that's worse than death itself.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by OBALOLA55(m): 10:28am On Mar 07, 2021
JOHNMARTUS DA embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by OBALOLA55(m): 10:33am On Mar 07, 2021
Monogamy:
This kind of story is now becoming a thing of a past..

Gradually
HOW
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by obama30: 10:35am On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=Ezeama400 post=99675327]It is tales of woe from farmers across Ondo State following the activities of herdsmen who have not only destroyed their sources of livelihood by their incessant attacks on their farmlands but also annoyingly raped their wives and daughters in their presence.

Loan

Issues

Lalasticlala Lalasticlala Lalasticlala[/quo

The only solution is total war, in that war no one should mind government security officials, if they involved them self the fighters should face them too. The only thing the fighters need to see is that the invaders are dead or phase out.

They can't stand the fight because ammunitions,reinforcements and food they need to continue fight have to pass through southern boarders before reaching ondo and oyo.

So the entire South both East and South South have to blockade movement of northern into the South during the war period. Doing so will weak the Fulani's terrorists into the South to surrender or ran away or get killed.

The South will win the war because you have your reinforcement, food and all your logistics within but the enemy logistics have to be coming from far distance.

After Finnish with terrorist inside the territory's, the fighters can move to boarders of North and South to prevent them coming in to southern territory again, if government security agency involved them self,they take whatever they see.

Southern Nigeria has porous boarders by sea and rivers and can be use to bring all types of surphiscated logistics to fight and chase the terrorists Fulani's.

There's no need to wait for government because all that is happening is calculated attempt
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by OBALOLA55(m): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2021
temmyyem:
There might not be any farmer left in the south west before the end of Buhari government, unfortunately, Yoruba leaders seem to be part of this evil agenda.
APC SOUTH WEST BRANCH ARE THE PROBLEM OF YORUBA LAND. THIS NONSENSE WILL COME TO AN END THE DAY THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND SPEAK
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:40am On Mar 07, 2021
Tinubu generations of Yoruba Muslims whose agenda is total Islamisation of Oduduwa land.

Yoruba mushlems are screaming Allahu ark Baru with their gutter voices in the name of Nasfat...on my head now....!! They extol Fulanis a lot as special Islamic forces of expansionary mission ! It's shameful
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by chiagozien(m): 10:43am On Mar 07, 2021
Matter between Yorubas and their fulanis brothers don tire me
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by OdumegwuOjukwu: 10:44am On Mar 07, 2021
Maybe they should partition the land - Ogun, Oyo, and Ondo, between fulanis and yorubas. Yoruba can keep the cities and towns, while the fulanis keep the bushes, farms, and jungles.

I'm sure SW and Fulani can forge a working arrangement, much like Hausa and Fulani, or like they did in Ilorin. Unlike the Igbo, Fulanis and Yorubas are well known to each others, and have strong bonds.

Yoruba should not be afraid to take fulani as their husband. It has been done before.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by ekesol: 10:45am On Mar 07, 2021
Their Generation abandoned their villages and left for Lagos and be claiming omo eko while Fulani herdsmen claim their villages and acquire their land.
Tell ambode, Fashola, FFK etc how they all abandoned their land since the inception of Nigeria. They should have a retink.Yoruba roonu

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by chiagozien(m): 10:50am On Mar 07, 2021
Akiara:
AND THESE PEOPLE SAID THAT THEY FOUGHT KIRIJI WAR"... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

THIS IS AN INSULT TO THE YORUBA...WHO DELIGHT IN MOCKING PEOPLE!!

I SAID IT BEFORE AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN!!

IF THE NORTH WANTS TO FIGHT THE "SE" THEY SEND ARMY/NAVY/AIRFORCE/DSS/NDLEA/ ETC...

BUT IF THEY WANT TO FIGHT THE SOUTH WEST THEY SEND THEIR "FULANI MILITIA"....JUST IMAGINE!!

TOMORROW THESE "AFONJA" WILL OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND BE INSULTING SE...WHERAS THEY ARE "HOMELESS" IN THEIR OWN LAND!!

THEY SAID ..THEY SENT BEES TO CHASE THE FULANI....UNA FOR SEND SCORPION angry angry angry angry angry..........IMAGINE NONSENSE?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

SUNDAY IGHOHO....IS BUSY SAMPLING DIFFERENT TYPE OF "JUJU JERSEY" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

THE FULANI ARE STILL IN THEIR BUSHES AND HAVE ESTABLISHED A VERY COMFORTABLE EXISTENCE ...EVEN WITH "GENERATOR" FOR ELECTRICITY!!

WHAT THEY KNOW BEST IS "MOCKING PEOPLE"...BUT THEY ARE ALREADY FINISHED!!

BEING A COWARD ISNT THE PROBLEM...BUT..

BEING A "CHESTBEATING" COWARD IS INSULTING AND DISGUSTING.!!!
Remember how they were mocking benue people.

Their only reason is because Igbos were speaking against the Killing,they now see it as Igbos fighting and trying to destroy their baba and brother's government.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Drove Us Away, Built Their Huts On Our Farmlands.. Ondo Farmers by chiagozien(m): 10:52am On Mar 07, 2021
BKayy:
If all of them move to benin republic,i don't think there will still be any killing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Message To CAN And Their Allies Supporting The wrong People / Pdp Can Not Win South West In 2023 / The Easiest Way To Stop Fulani Killings In The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.