Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

I Ruled Out Suicide! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Ruled Out Suicide! (1114 Views)

'No Wife, No Job'; 37-Year-Old Man Threatens To Commit Suicide In Anambra. Photo / Zimbabwean Man Catches His Wife & Her 'Uncle' In Bed, Attempts Suicide / Lady Married Off To Man Older Than Her Dad At 18 & Attempted Suicide, Finds Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
Is it possible that there is AN INSECURE, FEARFUL, INSENSITIVE, STUPID AND FOOLISH WASTER out there other than me? There should be a day set aside by UN to celebrate the MOST STUPID PEOPLE OF THE DECADE. I will be the winner, if there is a such thing as the award for THE MOST STUPID WASTER OF THE YEAR? I will win such award and not just once buy six times in a row or consecutively.
I have ruled out suicide. I 've learned that it is not the way out.
But In this second phase of my sojourn upon the surface of the earth, except a miracle happens, except God decides to be merciful to me again, I cannot see any ray of light at the tunnel. Nothing is clear to me about the future. I am now living in the fear of the unknown. Almost 41, no girlfriend/wife, no child, no real work, no business. If the saying that a fool at 40 is a fool forever is true, then I am doomed already.
I envisaged a better future when I was in school. Leaving NYSC in the year 2012, I swung into action immediately, created a job for myself by venturing into agriculture (rearing/producing quail eggs) knowing fully well the pathetic unemployment situation In the country. I raised a little above half a million, added some more, bought a Toyota Camry and started a cab business in Abuja. God was really Blessing the work of my hands. I lacked understanding and couple with what I 've read online about marrying when one is not financially stable, I decided against marrying as a taxi driver. In 2016-2017, in my quest for more money in order to live the dream life, l heard about MMM, without knowledge, l ventured into the scheme and lost almost all my savings in the period. I recovered from MMM and with my cab business, early in 2018, a man introduced me to crypto currency and assured me that he would refund my money if things turned out like mmm so I invested 200k in crypto currency through him. Till tomorrow, nothing was heard about the company and the money gone. Toward the end of 2018, a good friend introduced SWISS GOLDEN Networking business to me. I thought I had found the right business to diversify my investment so I invested about 800k, not up to three months of the investment, the company PZ I invested through in Abuja closed shop. No retreat no surrender, from 2019-2020, they call the name of the company IML, forex trading company that claim to provide reliable signals to her customers. Without adequate knowledge, l put in about a million and lost everything.
Left with only the Toyota Camry, then coroner came. During the severe covid lockdown in 2020, my elder brother lured me to attend a business seminar, Sarui/Chymall is the name of the company. After the seminar, he advised me to sell the car and put the money in the online company since the lockdown has affected all offline businesses negatively. Like someone who's been remoted I heeded his advice, sold the only source of my income and put the money in the company. As you are reading this, for close to four months now, I haven't received up to 11k from this company.

From the foregoing, please tell me, is there a waster out there like me? I lost everything. Where do I begin from at almost 41?
My advice to the young men out there, l hope there's a lesson or two to learn from my wasteful life so far. Please, do away with the notion that it is not advisable to get married when one is not financially stable. While this may work for some, it won't work for others. I was afraid of marrying without making a lot of money first and lost everything in the end. I don't wish my enemy the zero level I found myself today. Nairaland Mods, if you can push it to front page. Someone out there might learn from my wasteful life so far. Thanks

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Jeon(f): 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
Coolis:
Is it possible that there is AN INSECURE, FEARFUL, INSENSITIVE, STUPID AND FOOLISH WASTER out there other than me? There should be a day set aside by UN to celebrate the MOST STUPID PEOPLE OF THE DECADE. I will be the winner, if there is a such thing as the award for THE MOST STUPID WASTER OF THE YEAR? I will win such award and not just once buy six times in a row or consecutively.
I have ruled out suicide. I 've learned that it is not the way out.
But In this second phase of my sojourn upon the surface of the earth, except a miracle happens, except God decides to be merciful to me again, I cannot see any ray of light at the tunnel. Nothing is clear to me about the future. I am now living in the fear of the unknown. Almost 41, no girlfriend/wife, no child, no real work, no business. If the saying that a fool at 40 is a fool forever is true, then I am doomed already.
I envisaged a better future when I was in school. Leaving NYSC in the year 2012, I swung into action immediately, created a job for myself by venturing into agriculture (rearing/producing quail eggs) knowing fully well the pathetic unemployment situation In the country. I raised a little above half a million, added some more, bought a Toyota Camry and started a cab business in Abuja. God was really Blessing the work of my hands. I lacked understanding and couple with what I 've read online about marrying when one is not financially stable, I decided against marrying as a taxi driver. In 2016-2017, in my quest for more money in order to live the dream life, l heard about MMM, without knowledge, l ventured into the scheme and lost almost all my savings in the period. I recovered from MMM and with my cab business, early in 2018, a man introduced me to crypto currency and assured me that he would refund my money if things turned out like mmm so I invested 200k in crypto currency through him. Till tomorrow, nothing was heard about the company and the money gone. Toward the end of 2018, a good friend introduced SWISS GOLDEN Networking business to me. I thought I had found the right business to diversify my investment so I invested about 800k, not up to three months of the investment, the company PZ I invested through in Abuja closed shop. No retreat no surrender, from 2019-2020, they call the name of the company IML, forex trading company that claim to provide reliable signals to her customers. Without adequate knowledge, l put in about a million and lost everything.
Left with only the Toyota Camry, then coroner came. During the severe covid lockdown in 2020, my elder brother lured me to attend a business seminar, Sarui/Chymall is the name of the company. After the seminar, he advised me to sell the car and put the money in the online company since the lockdown has affected all offline businesses negatively. Like someone who's been remoted I heeded his advice, sold the only source of my income and put the money in the company. As you are reading this, for close to four months now, I haven't received up to 11k from this company.

From the foregoing, please tell me, is there a waster out there like me? I lost everything. Where do I begin from at almost 41?
My advice to the young men out there, l hope there's a lesson or two to learn from my wasteful life so far. Please, do away with the notion that it is not advisable to get married when one is not financially stable. While this may work for some, it won't work for others. I was afraid of marrying without making a lot of money first and lost everything in the end. I don't wish my enemy the zero level I found myself today. Nairaland Mods, if you can push it to front page. Someone out there might learn from my wasteful life so far. Thanks

sorry about that. but suicide isn't the option, when there's life there's hope.

you just learnt a lesson in life. and with this lesson you can surely stand on the right path to build your dream life again.. it's not too late.
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by falcon01: 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
omoh you f*cked up big time buy seriously you know your problem but you couldn't stop it's as if some strong force is pushing towards waste! yeah they say take risk but It should be calculated risk! at this point all I can say is "if you still have hope then work hard with what you've been doing never invest in any online stuffs as it is clearly not your calling, Invest in more physical stuff like poultry and other things IDk. If you dont have hope kuma, just work and earn for survival till you die find a beautiful Lady who atleast works or can Handle herself financially marry her but dont give birth yet or just have 1 heir. Don't come and allow wahala that you cant escape give you HPB relax and go with the flown
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by harmargedon: 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
you just have to pickup where you left. start from the beginning like you did initially. And you'll rise up again.
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by yomi007k(m): 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2021
See this Lazy and Greedy dude looking for pity.

Suck it up! angry
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by daddytime(m): 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
Count your lessons and trudge on.
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Oizee(f): 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
in business, there's absolutely no shortcut to financial success....u have to work hard with ur brain.....at ur age, u need to stop indulging yourself in any game of chances from now onwards..... forget online quick ways of making money, all that's glitter is not gold...

there's a lot of lesson to learn from ur write-up.

don't be depressed, I wish you total success
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=yomi007k post=99684062]See this Lazy and Greedy dude looking for pity.

Suck it up! angry[/quo
You are right calling me greedy but lazy? I'm not. Thanks though
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=Coolis post=99691116][/quote]

Thank you! I destroyed my life with my own hands looking for easy way to make money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2021
daddytime:
Count your lessons and trudge on.
Thank you! But where is the energy, drive and passion of the last seven to eight years ago again?
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2021
harmargedon:
you just have to pickup where you left. start from the beginning like you did initially. And you'll rise up again.
Thank you a lot. I pray l find the energy, drive and passion again.
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by daddytime(m): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
Coolis:

Thank you! But where is the energy, drive and passion of the last seven to eight years ago again?

Deep down in the inside of you lies the answers to the above question.

Dig deep and reach to the inside of you and you'd find the strength to carry on.
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 8:05pm On Mar 07, 2021
Thank you for this piece of advice, I appreciate. Greed and wrong mindset about accumulating huge wealth before thinking about marriage destroyed my life

quote01 post=99683033]omoh you f*cked up big time buy seriously you know your problem but you couldn't stop it's as if some strong force is pushing towards waste! yeah they say take risk but It should be calculated risk! at this point all I can say is "if you still have hope then work hard with what you've been doing never invest in any online stuffs as it is clearly not your calling, Invest in more physical stuff like poultry and other things IDk. If you dont have hope kuma, just work and earn for survival till you die find a beautiful Lady who atleast works or can Handle herself financially marry her but dont give birth yet or just have 1 heir. Don't come and allow wahala that you cant escape give you HPB relax and go with the flown[/quote]
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 8:08pm On Mar 07, 2021
Jeon:

sorry about that. but suicide isn't the option, when there's life there's hope.

you just learnt a lesson in life. and with this lesson you can surely stand on the right path to build your dream life again.. it's not too late.

Thank you! I pray l find the strength as at before again

1 Like

Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
It sounds like you've learned from your bad decisions, which means you're on the road to being and doing better.
One tip: Before you make any major decision next time, especially one involving money, pray and seek God's face about it.
Forgive yourself and let go of those regrets, then figure out how you want to forge ahead: want to do next, how to proceed.

2 Likes

Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:05pm On Mar 07, 2021
Op what if you have had married and you had kids and everything that has happened to you is happening now. How would you take care of your wife and your kids especially if your wife isn't working or she earns little. The stress married men face Is like times ten of single men.

1 Like

Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by johnpaschal(m): 11:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
For gold to be pure up to 99.99% it has to pass through fire .....there's hope and one last chance to rise and soar ......with your car gone which served as a limitation to your rising because you were getting to comfortable in your seat

Here's what you need gather every dime you have currently now before you totally loose out and make a journey to Aba market I dunno the state it is in but you do

Buy crayfish lots of it from Dem ....it's cheaper there and use you influence and customer base you've gathered over the years and sell ....start from there ,,from then on venture into buying of palm oil , coconut oil , female ear rings and chains in bulk

And take them to Abuja and sell .....watch how you'd make more than you could have ever imagined .....it's what I see for you

Business would flourish in your hands .....please hurry
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Gerrard59(m): 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
Not once, twice or thrice but five times you invested in what you didn't understand. How does that correspond to "not advisable to get married when one is not financially stable"?

Do you know the enormity of being a father and husband with no source of income? Do you know that you're financially better than married men in your condition? Do you know what it means to have children in Nigeria's present condition without a source of income? As a man, you can marry anytime provided you're medically fit and most importantly, financially capable. Ned Nwoko, Oshiomole, Razak Okoya, Trump, president of the Nigerian stock exchange etc. These are men who married (new or first wife) at mature ages (way older than your present age) and bore children. The common factor is they are financially capable.

You should do your best to become financially capable and most importantly, learn a thing or two about simple economics. That's my take from your post - the average Nigerian should learn more about economics and why financial numbers should be respected no matter what.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by The5DME(m): 1:18am On Mar 08, 2021
Thunder fire you op.
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 8:49am On Mar 08, 2021
aroundtheearth:
It sounds like you've learned from your bad decisions, which means you're on the road to being and doing better.
One tip: Before you make any major decision next time, especially one involving money, pray and seek God's face about it.
Forgive yourself and let go of those regrets, then figure out how you want to forge ahead: want to do next, how to proceed.

Thank you a lot. I can say I'm a good Christian and that I have a good relationship with God to some extent. God has been good to me, when it comes to INVESTMENT, I don't ask HIM for direction before taking decision. If He gives me another opportunity again, I will seek his face before taking any step in the future. I pray He revive and strengthen me again because I'm too weak to start the hustle all over again

1 Like

Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 8:58am On Mar 08, 2021
[quote author=tensazangetsu20 post=99695945]Op what if you have had married and you had kids and everything that has happened to you is happening now. How would you take care of your wife and your kids especially if your wife isn't working or she earns little. The stress married men face Is like times ten of single men. [/quote

Thank you. If I married without the fear of not being able to take care of my family as a cab driver, l bet I wouldn't have wasted everything today. We single men Take express, straight forward, irresponsible decision than our married brothers. If you are married, wasteful livestyle is checked to some extent. Before you take any major decision, you may want to check with your wife, her counsel/advise most often save from wastages if taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 9:00am On Mar 08, 2021
johnpaschal:
For gold to be pure up to 99.99% it has to pass through fire .....there's hope and one last chance to rise and soar ......with your car gone which served as a limitation to your rising because you were getting to comfortable in your seat

Here's what you need gather every dime you have currently now before you totally loose out and make a journey to Aba market I dunno the state it is in but you do

Buy crayfish lots of it from Dem ....it's cheaper there and use you influence and customer base you've gathered over the years and sell ....start from there ,,from then on venture into buying of palm oil , coconut oil , female ear rings and chains in bulk

And take them to Abuja and sell .....watch how you'd make more than you could have ever imagined .....it's what I see for you

Business would flourish in your hands .....please hurry
Okay, thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 9:46am On Mar 08, 2021
Gerrard59:
Not once, twice or thrice but five times you invested in what you didn't understand. How does that correspond to "not advisable to get married when one is not financially stable"?

Do you know the enormity of being a father and husband with no source of income? Do you know that you're financially better than married men in your condition? Do you know what it means to have children in Nigeria's present condition without a source of income? As a man, you can marry anytime provided you're medically fit and most importantly, financially capable. Ned Nwoko, Oshiomole, Razak Okoya, Trump, president of the Nigerian stock exchange etc. These are men who married (new or first wife) at mature ages (way older than your present age) and bore children. The common factor is they are financially capable.

You should do your best to become financially capable and most importantly, learn a thing or two about simple economics. That's my take from your post - the average Nigerian should learn more about economics and why financial numbers should be respected no matter what.

Thank you so much for this post! The strength required to hustle to raise the children at a youthful age is high and decreases as one ages. Also, if I knew what I know now that marriage has it own blessings and that it open door of favour to some people, l would have married long time ago.
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 9:54am On Mar 08, 2021
The5DME:
Thunder fire you op.

Thank you. I learnt earlier in life that the life we have doesn't belong to us and that we shall give account to the Creator if one commit suicide. This fear is why I haven't helped the thunder. I deserve the thunder firing me as you put it.
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 9:57am On Mar 08, 2021
The5DME:
Thunder fire you op.
Thank you. I learnt earlier in life that the life we have doesn't belong to us and that we shall give account to the Creator if one commit suicide. This fear is why I haven't helped the thunder. I deserve the thunder firing me as you put it.
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2021
when there's life, there's still hope
Re: I Ruled Out Suicide! by Coolis: 9:41am On Mar 11, 2021
cchub:
when there's life, there's still hope

@cchub, this saying is what l am hanging unto now. I keep hoping even when the hope is against hope itself.

(1) (Reply)

14 Years Old Pregnant Girl / Her Husband And Side Chick Had An Accident, What Is Your Take On This? / Who's Sacrifice Was Greatest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.