Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up (775 Views)

6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up / 6 Reasons Ibarapa Residents Want Iskilu Wakili Evicted / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
I have decided to reply a thread initially by the OP as can be seen below to counter his reasons and even give more reasons. Let me quickly give my points and hope this thread will make front page.
Moderators should please send this thread to front page since he did the same for the thread below for the interest of JUSTICE.

https://www.nairaland.com/6444572/6-reasons-should-never-demand

10 Reasons why Nigeria should break up.
1. Enthronement of Competence. Just like we have witnessed in Buhari administration and other administrations before it, there has always been nepotism in the way key personnel are appointed into Nigeria ministries. Tribe takes priority before competence. In a break up Nigeria, we may have regions start appointing based on competence since they are same tribe.

2. A more formidable protest. In a world where citizens are increasingly demanding that their voice become heard through protests, Nigeria have continued to be a shadow of itself. No homogenous protest has been seen in Nigeria. Why? Some people feel there is no need to bring down the government of their kinsmen. There is a reason SS/SE did not participate in occupy Nigeria protest just as the north refused #ENDSARS protest. A divided Nigeria will lead to a more homogenous protest.

3. End of animosity amongst tribes. We witnessed SHASHA market killings recently. Similar events have happened in the north and elsewhere. Reason simply because there is no love and trust in the land. Serious animosity exists amongst tribes in Nigeria. Why don’t we witness similar crazy killing on Nigerians in other countries? Even in Ghana and South Africa, the scale killings of tribesmen witnessed in Nigeria have never been seen.

4. China will stop dominating African market. We have seen China sell all manner of products in Nigeria and Africa at large. Go to Jumia and watch their innovative products. In a divided Nigeria we may have a country coming close to challenge Chinese dominance. It may be Odudua, may be Biafra, may be Arewa, may be Niger Delta. I do not know who but surely Nigerians have the talents to challenge Chinese dominance if they have the right leadership. A divided Nigeria will likely usher that.

5. Expansion of our tourist Industry. What many don’t know is that the level of insecurity report emanating from the north is seriously impacting our tourist Industry. Many nations get their GDP from the tourist industry. As it stands, no nation will advise its citizen to visit a country where as much as 279 school kids can be kidnapped unchallenged. Absolute nonsense.

6. One nation may host a major event. Ask yourself, can Nigeria ever host the world cup? Can pope ever visit Nigeria? Can Nigeria ever host any major events. With the security challenge we have? NEVER. A divided Nigeria can spring up a nation that can host any of these even if it means a joint hosting.

7. No more senseless blockade. What an insult? The north decided not to sell its product in South West and prices of commodity went up. In a divided Nigeria, the south west can sanction the north by rejecting its farm produce. Change direction to Benin or elsewhere and the north will come begging. A united Nigeria empowers which ever region that is in government to oppress others.

8. Op mentioned that breakaway nations will be vulnerable to attack. What nonsense? Who have attacked Ghana? Cameroon? Togo etc. You think 21st century world is the one which one nation just rise up to attack the other? Most break up units will find an alliance with foreign powers and that solves it. Stop the coward statement of nonsense attack.

9. Healthy competitions amongst break away countries. For sure, Yorubas and Igbos will outdo itself in innovations. Other may follow. I believe by then; they will stop begging northerners to go to school. Boko will stop being Haram trust me.

10. Security for breakaway countries. My brother, there will be more security trust me. Each country will have its own police. Its own military and so on. No more bias among security men.

11. Break up of Nigeria will usher more patriotism. It’s a common knowledge that many people who go to Abuja steal to have a share in the national cake. You can imagine making an Igbo man chairman of port authority to control Yoruba Lagos port. Or Yoruba man being in charge of Enugu Airport. What will stop them from stealing? We do not have patriotism and this escalates our corruption index.

12. Reliable conscious votes. Imagine Buhari winning a second tenure. Imagine Osibanjo a prof vice to a non-Primary school graduate in Buhari. Tell you about our sentiment voting pattern.

13. Your land won’t be coveted for RUGA. Imagine the nonsense of FG seizing your ancestral land for private business. This happens just because we are running a united Nigeria where FG is powerful enough to determine happenings in regions.

14. No more divide and rule tactics. it’s evident that what the federal government do to regions is to use those who have Abuja connections against their kinsmen even when the region interest is not represented. Imagine someone fighting for your interest in your region all for someone who have Abuja connection to work his arrest. What will he be able to do? He doesn’t know the IG or who is who.

15. No more nepotism favor in projects.

16. A new diplomatic negotiation amongst breakaway countries.

In conclusion, since Nigeria has failed to work as a united prosperous entity, it is cowardly not to try another option. Stop being a pessimist. Nigeria of today cannot guarantee good future.
Break up should stop being seen as a suicide mission. If not, all the countries that broke away for USSR would have been dead by now. Is not ironical that a united Nigerians are daily begging to go to break away countries in Europe? Even Pakistan and India were once a united country, today they have made progress more than Nigeria after their break up. When shall we start thinking my people?
Cc
Mynd44
OAM4J

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by igbeke: 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2021
I hate it when anyone is calling for the unity of Nigeria.
In fact, I hate to be called or to be referred to as a Nigerian.
I hate the reality that my children will grow up in this shithole called Nigeria.
I don't hide it. That's how I feel.

4 Likes

Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Oghene1st: 8:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
The OP is mad. Orue!
Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by symplymona: 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
At least there are still reasonable people in Nigeria cool
I find it funny when one region says another won't be able to stand on it's own if such happens
Truth be told,we'll all face hardship but that doesn't mean we won't adjust to it all

4 Likes

Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Monogamy: 8:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
Relocate and save us the epistle..

No be by force to be a Nigerian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by igbeke: 8:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
symplymona:
At least there are still reasonable people in Nigeria cool
I find it funny when one region says another won't be able to stand on it's own if such happens
Truth be told,we'll all face hardship but that doesn't mean we won't adjust to it all

It's stupidity for anyone to wish or pray for Nigeria to remain intact. Our togetherness has not yielded anything positive, at least not one that I can remember. It is only logical that we disintegrate and see what the future holds for us as separate countries.

5 Likes

Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
igbeke:

It's stupidity for anyone to wish or pray for Nigeria to remain intact. Our togetherness has not yielded anything positive, at least not one that I can remember. It is only logical that we disintegrate and see what the future holds for us as separate countries.

Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Lyrics269: 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
Nigeria will forever remain together
Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by shigoslim(m): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2021
Lyrics269:
Nigeria will forever remain together

No the contraption will cease to exist in Jesus name.

Isha Allah

Ase

1 Like

Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by danvon(m): 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
I have decided to reply a thread initially by the OP as can be seen below to counter his reasons and even give more reasons. Let me quickly give my points and hope this thread will make front page.
Moderators should please send this thread to front page since he did the same for the thread below for the interest of JUSTICE.

https://www.nairaland.com/6444572/6-reasons-should-never-demand

10 Reasons why Nigeria should break up.
1. Enthronement of Competence. Just like we have witnessed in Buhari administration and other administrations before it, there has always been nepotism in the way key personnel are appointed into Nigeria ministries. Tribe takes priority before competence. In a break up Nigeria, we may have regions start appointing based on competence since they are same tribe.
How does this make Biafra different? Will an anambra man want an imo man to rule them and vice versa, my point is this problem would likely occur in Biafra

SpecialAdviser:

2. A more formidable protest. In a world where citizens are increasingly demanding that their voice become heard through protests, Nigeria have continued to be a shadow of itself. No homogenous protest has been seen in Nigeria. Why? Some people feel there is no need to bring down the government of their kinsmen. There is a reason SS/SE did not participate in occupy Nigeria protest just as the north refused #ENDSARS protest. A divided Nigeria will lead to a more homogenous protest
This is the same as point 1
SpecialAdviser:

3. End of animosity amongst tribes. We witnessed SHASHA market killings recently. Similar events have happened in the north and elsewhere. Reason simply because there is no love and trust in the land. Serious animosity exists amongst tribes in Nigeria. Why don’t we witness similar crazy killing on Nigerians in other countries? Even in Ghana and South Africa, the scale killings of tribesmen witnessed in Nigeria have never been seen.
Same thing as point one, is there love and trust amongst igbos? you also forgot to mention countries like Iraq, Korea and Congo same tribe same history yet they still kill each other
People fight for power not for culture

SpecialAdviser:

4. China will stop dominating African market. We have seen China sell all manner of products in Nigeria and Africa at large. Go to Jumia and watch their innovative products. In a divided Nigeria we may have a country coming close to challenge Chinese dominance. It may be Odudua, may be Biafra, may be Arewa, may be Niger Delta. I do not know who but surely Nigerians have the talents to challenge Chinese dominance if they have the right leadership. A divided Nigeria will likely usher that.
Really? Asin really? People in Hong Kong and Tibet have been trying to secede from China, China refused and this is why China is powerful today, What about the biggest challenge to China, America, a country with multiple ethnicities yet still innovative and powerful, part of what makes America China and India have strong economies is their population Biafra would be a much lesser population than Nigeria so how can it compete against this giant economies?
SpecialAdviser:

5. Expansion of our tourist Industry. What many don’t know is that the level of insecurity report emanating from the north is seriously impacting our tourist Industry. Many nations get their GDP from the tourist industry. As it stands, no nation will advise its citizen to visit a country where as much as 279 school kids can be kidnapped unchallenged. Absolute nonsense.
Yeah this one makes sense bad rep isn't good but we are already seeing ESN going along that road so this is on pause
SpecialAdviser:

6. One nation may host a major event. Ask yourself, can Nigeria ever host the world cup? Can pope ever visit Nigeria? Can Nigeria ever host any major events. With the security challenge we have? NEVER. A divided Nigeria can spring up a nation that can host any of these even if it means a joint hosting.
Okay I have no idea what you mean by joint hosting secondly Pope has visited Nigeria, aside from SA most countries in Africa don't hold world events, when countries like China are struggling to host world cup imagine a newly formed country in Africa that no one has heard of??
SpecialAdviser:

7. No more senseless blockade. What an insult? The north decided not to sell its product in South West and prices of commodity went up. In a divided Nigeria, the south west can sanction the north by rejecting its farm produce. Change direction to Benin or elsewhere and the north will come begging. A united Nigeria empowers which ever region that is in government to oppress others.
What's preventing them from doing it here and now?
SpecialAdviser:

8. Op mentioned that breakaway nations will be vulnerable to attack. What nonsense? Who have attacked Ghana? Cameroon? Togo etc. You think 21st century world is the one which one nation just rise up to attack the other? Most break up units will find an alliance with foreign powers and that solves it. Stop the coward statement of nonsense attack.
Let me quote you "alliance with foreign powers" you admit that this new countries would become easier slaves to foreign Powers
SpecialAdviser:

9. Healthy competitions amongst break away countries. For sure, Yorubas and Igbos will outdo itself in innovations. Other may follow. I believe by then; they will stop begging northerners to go to school. Boko will stop being Haram trust me.
Competition? yes, healthy? I doubt it there's literally nothing stopping Biafra from invading Niger Delta and claiming it's their land or Odua republic fighting for ilorin or Benin
SpecialAdviser:

10. Security for breakaway countries. My brother, there will be more security trust me. Each country will have its own police. Its own military and so on. No more bias among security men.
Can agree with this although this doesn't mean the military would care about civilians tho
SpecialAdviser:

11. Break up of Nigeria will usher more patriotism. It’s a common knowledge that many people who go to Abuja steal to have a share in the national cake. You can imagine making an Igbo man chairman of port authority to control Yoruba Lagos port. Or Yoruba man being in charge of Enugu Airport. What will stop them from stealing? We do not have patriotism and this escalates our corruption index.
This is true but will the Patriotism benefit the people, Chinese people are very Patriotic so patriotic they allow their government to treat them like animals

12. Reliable conscious votes. Imagine Buhari winning a second tenure. Imagine Osibanjo a prof vice to a non-Primary school graduate in Buhari. Tell you about our sentiment voting pattern.
SpecialAdviser:

13. Your land won’t be coveted for RUGA. Imagine the nonsense of FG seizing your ancestral land for private business. This happens just because we are running a united Nigeria where FG is powerful enough to determine happenings in regions.
America China Israel Canada Australia all did variations of this and become successful as a result land always Belong to the government
SpecialAdviser:

14. No more divide and rule tactics. it’s evident that what the federal government do to regions is to use those who have Abuja connections against their kinsmen even when the region interest is not represented. Imagine someone fighting for your interest in your region all for someone who have Abuja connection to work his arrest. What will he be able to do? He doesn’t know the IG or who is who.
Ironic this is what NK is currently doing breaking up the country so he would rule
SpecialAdviser:

15. No more nepotism favor in projects.
Point 1
SpecialAdviser:

16. A new diplomatic negotiation amongst breakaway countries.
Your too optimistic
SpecialAdviser:

In conclusion, since Nigeria has failed to work as a united prosperous entity, it is cowardly not to try another option. Stop being a pessimist. Nigeria of today cannot guarantee good future.
Break up should stop being seen as a suicide mission. If not, all the countries that broke away for USSR would have been dead by now. Is not ironical that a united Nigerians are daily begging to go to break away countries in Europe? Even Pakistan and India were once a united country, today they have made progress more than Nigeria after their break up. When shall we start thinking my people?
Mynd44
OAM4J

True Nigeria is problematic but it's time for you to stop giving yourself foolish hopes the solution is not secession the solution is leaving the country and finding life elsewhere maybe some poor unstable country and start a new life there this is how America was created.
P.s nice write-up I'm just catching cruise here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
Even Britain knows that Nigeria have break

2 Likes

Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by theTranslator: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
Restructuring can re orientate things But I support an autonomous regional south Even in separation We must be united!
Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Whois(m): 11:10pm On Mar 13, 2021
One nigeria is a scam. Nobody can convince me to think otherwise

theTranslator:
Restructuring can re orientate things
But I support an autonomous regional south
Even in separation
We must be united!
Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by theTranslator: 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
Whois:
One nigeria is a scam. Nobody can convince me to think otherwise

I also don't believe in one Nigeria
This is what I believe in
theTranslator:
I rep south Nigeria!
We do away with the north!
South Nigeria!

United autonomous states of southern Nigeria!

That's the point
The many minority groups can't be alone as a countries
So the region they find themselves in would cater
If Nigeria divides into 3 we'll be more vulnerable
And we will keep dividing if we don't find a common ground to unite
Can Nigeria divide into 250 as represented by the ethnic groups?
No
We should divide into 2 instead
And the south would have 3 autonomous regions
No marginalization whatsoever
The presidency and top offices would be rotated between the regions
And the regions would in turn rotate between the ethnic groups
We can't keep slaving away for the north!
The north planted the seed of discord in the south for a reason!
Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2021
Oghene1st:
The OP is mad. Orue!

So after reading, this is only what your brain could process... Smh
Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Whois(m): 11:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
Boss no doubt you understand the country and I respect you for providing a well thought solution. I believe the south is better if she can do away with the parasitic north. Southern tribes can come together to form their nation/country based on geography/landmark. The sense to be self sufficient will make each new nation put their human and nature resources to proper use for development that will benefit the world in general. Kudus to you
theTranslator:

I also don't believe in one Nigeria
This is what I believe in
Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by theTranslator: 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2021
Whois:
Boss no doubt you understand the country and I respect you for providing a well thought solution. I believe the south is better if she can do away with the parasitic north. Southern tribes can come together to form their nation/country based on geography/landmark. The sense to be self sufficient will make each new nation put their human and nature resources to proper use for development that will benefit the world in general. Kudus to you
Thanks bro smiley
I might go into politics one day
We need individuals that love the people not their pockets
Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by Whois(m): 12:01am On Mar 14, 2021
theTranslator:

Thanks bro smiley
I might go into politics one day
We need individuals that love the people not their pockets

Glad to meet an intellectual like you here. IMHO, I doubt if anyone with good intentions can even succeed pass party primaries because of the damage system of government we found ourselves, and our senators and house of representatives are not helping the situation at all. Good luck
Re: RE: 6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up by theTranslator: 12:15am On Mar 14, 2021
Whois:

Glad to meet an intellectual like you here. IMHO, I doubt if anyone with good intentions can even succeed pass party primaries because of the damage system of government we found ourselves, and our senators and house of representatives are not helping the situation at all. Good luck
Good doers always win in the end
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Abia Bye-election: APC Takes Early Lead, PDP, APGA Trails / Anambra 2021: Okafor Declares To Contest Under APGA / Nwanyi Imo Exposed Hidden Secret || Rita Edochie And Ada Jesus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.