Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,004 members, 7,814,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

About The Presidential Election On Saturday. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About The Presidential Election On Saturday. (6484 Views)

President Goodluck Jonathan Will Win On Saturday - Abdullahi Maibasira / General IBB Speaks On The Postpoment Of The Election On Twitter / Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by Gift4all(m): 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2011
booboo79:

What if GEJ, Buhari & Ribadu lose on saturday? what will happen?

How is that possible? Is it Shekarau? or Dele Momodu? What are u up to?
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by real4life: 2:45pm On Apr 12, 2011
Officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) registered a total of 67,764,327 million Nigerians during the just concluded national voter registration exercise, the final list released has shown,

, Lagos leads the pack with a total of 6.2 million registered voters. It is followed by Kano which has 5.1 million; Kaduna, with 3.5 million; Katsina, with 2.9million; Borno, with 2.7 million; Oyo, with 2.5million; Rivers, with 2.4million and Sokoto, with a total of 2million registered voters. It shows that Bayelsa is the state with the lowest number of voters, with a total of 472, 389 registered prospective voters; followed by Niger state, with 721,478; Ekiti, with 750,753 and the Federal Capital Territory with 886, 323.,

, The figure shows that the fight for votes is likely to be fierce in high populated northwest and southwest states,

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5679009-146/electoral_body_registers_67_million_voters.csp

We expect a good race on saturday, hopefully the best candidate will win.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by md4real(m): 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2011
surprises await us all, nobody can stop the wind of change.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by cescky(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
GEJ will win come saturday, buhari make some impact in the north but will be flawed in other parts of the nation, even in the north its still not really certain for buhari , except may be kano, cos votes will be divided, btw ribadu, pdp still has support there(sambo), shekaru, so the division is sure to pay Gej,

most likely SS= Majority=GEJ

SE=majority=GEJ

SW=Trust me this is an opposition state , but a lot of pep will vote Gej

N=

nigerians are yet to mature to the level of voting for an individual based on manifesto etc

rather nigerians vote based on face value, we like ur face, or we don't. this pays GEJ as people see him as a gentle man, which is a shift from our old stiff neck rulers from a certain part of the Niger .

me am voting GEJ, WHY? grin

i beleive its his destiny grin, one good turn will reciprocate to another grin wink

yes and the OP cant manage to hide his disdain for GEJ tongue
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by divinereal: 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2011
Proud of my country and our ppl, keep up the great work. Regardless of who wins lets be accountable to ourselves during this election by conducting a free, fair and credible election.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13051234

12 April 2011 Last updated at 08:39 ET Share this pageEmail Print Share this page

PDP election losses 'have changed Nigeria' Results are being announced at a state level - the official results will be out late this week

Preliminary parliamentary poll results revealing big losses for the ruling party show Nigeria "has changed", an analyst has told the BBC.

"It tells a story to every politician: You can no longer take Nigerians for granted," Victor Burubo said.

High-profile PDP casualties include speaker of the lower house Dimeji Bankole and ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo's daughter in the senate.

Despite some violence, observers said Saturday's poll was well-conducted.

The initial vote had to be postponed from 2 April after voting material failed to reach many areas.

Previous elections since the return to civilian rule in 1999 have been marred by widespread fraud and intimidation.

Elections for the presidency and state governorships were also delayed and are now to be held on 16 and 26 April respectively.

Bad luck for president?

With more than 70% of preliminary results announced at a state level, President Goodluck Jonathan's People's Democratic Party (PDP) has suffered significant losses.

The party that has dominated politics since the military returned to barracks has so far taken 59 seats in the 109-member senate and 140 seats in the 360-member House of Representatives.

Continue reading the main story
Vote by Numbers
74 million registered voters
360 House of Representatives
109 senators
54 parties contesting
36 governors
20 presidential candidates
African viewpoint: Bloody politics
Correspondents say it is not clear whether the PDP will lose its absolute majority in both houses as voting in some 13-14% of parliamentary constituencies - where polling had begun on 2 April - has been delayed until 26 April.

The party has lost out to two newly formed parties, the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the south-west and to the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) in parts of the north.

There was another embarrassing loss for the PDP in the northern state of Katsina where Maryam Yar'Adua, daughter of the late President Umaru Yar'Adua, failed in her bid get into the House of Representatives.

But Mr Burubo, who leads the National Ijaw Council in the southern oil-rich Niger Delta, said the PDP's bad showing on a parliamentary level would not affect the presidential vote.

"I have a feeling that a good number of areas where the PDP has been beaten will still revert to the PDP candidates, Dr Goodluck Jonathan and his running mate Sambo because of who they are are - not just because of the party," he told the BBC's Network Africa programme.

He said Mr Jonathan, who is from the under-developed Niger Delta where inhabitants have felt ignored by politicians, is popular in the region.

His main opponents on the presidential ticket are former anti-corruption campaigner Nuhu Ribadu for the ACN and former military ruler Muhammadu Buhari from the CPC.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by booboo79: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2011
@bisiaet, nice comments,
Human are always irrational in their thinking and actions, that why it baffles me,the level at which most commentators on NL are somehow convinced that their candidate will carry the day on saturday,
Elections is a funny game and we have almost 100m human beings involved. That PDP cleared NW does not give leverage for same act on saturday. That CPC did badly neither means they cannot command 55% across 9ja.

Remember, Human beings are irrational in thinking and tins can change in any party's favour in 24hrs. Even, most commentators on NL will not vote for the candidate that claimed they are supporting come saturday,

My principle is,

If you like the way you are now, you like the electricity that you have, you like the job you are doing or the joblessness you have. You enjoy the amount its cost you to feed and get accomodation. You believe your future is certain and secured with what you have now, VOTE for continuity OTHERWISE vote for a change.

Remember, don't vote because others are doing so, vote for your conscience.
Don't vote along religion line, vote for your future and unborn generation
Don't vote along tribal line, Vote for the right person,

Finally, Vote and encourage others to do so. this might be our last chance to set this country on a great path(there might not even be any 2015;you neva can tell)

Be at peace with all. 1 NIGERIA!!!!
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by JAZES(m): 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2011
It is time to use our vote to put the right person there.
We are no longer going to wait for another 4years to get it right.
This is the time to get it right. Enuff is Enuff
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by bamosagie(m): 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
Most people still dont get it, Nigerians are not voting along party line, Nigerians are voting individuals base on performance or as anticipated of candidates.
I think result will shock most people hiding behind ethnicity and party politics.

May the best man win!
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by Dikyson: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2011
Have you ever though how GEJ got to the post of presidency? Well, the  destiny of Dr GEJ is  what any evil plans can stop, this man is a chosen one and born to fix Nigerian problems.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by booboo79: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
Why this hassle about which party will win on saturday?
Have we asked ourslf what we really want?  I'm sure most commentators on NL will not vote for the candidate they all claimed to support.
Why? Human Beings are irrational in behaviour and thinking. Elections is a funny game and its involve almost 100m people. That PDP won in NW does not give leverage for same on saturday. because CPC did badly  does not mean they cannot command 55% total votes on saturday,

the major issue here should be what each individual wants out of this election,

take a second tot b4 casting the vote. if you like the way you are now, you like the electricty you have.you like the job you are doing or the joblessness that you have. you like how much it cost to feed and pay for accomodation, then VOTE for CONTINUITY otherwise Vote for a change.

Dont vote because others are doing so, vote for your conscience
Dont vote along religion line, vote for your future and unborn generations.
Dont vote along tribal line. Vote wisely

Please encourage others to vote and be a part of this revolution. it might be our last chance to put NIGERIA on a great path( there might not be 2015, you neva can tell)

1 Nigeria,
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by just4just: 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2011
voting patern  for presidential election will see people voting for candidate and not  party. with the result so far GEJ is our next president
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by juventino: 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2011
GEJ for 2011 and 2015. Buhari can wait till 2019; afterwards, he is still young. If you have anything contrary, Go HUG transformer grin
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by porka: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2011
BB - Best Before 27th August, 1985. Expired, Toxic.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by enyojo(f): 3:26pm On Apr 12, 2011
juventino:

GEJ for 2011 and 2015. Buhari can wait till 2019; afterwards, he is still young. If you have anything contrary, Go HUG transformer grin

[size=13pt]I CAN HUGE TRANSFORMER SINCE PDP FAILED TO PROVIDE ELECTRICITY IN THEM.
12 YEARS WASTED!!!! [/size]

Nigerians can be so daft some times. After 12years, we are now saying dont vote for party but person.

[size=14pt]IF YOU WANT TO MARRY, WILL YOU SAY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FAMILY BACKGROUND BUT JUST LOVE THE PERSON?[/size]
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2011
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by lazinc(m): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2011
Come Saturday, GEJ will carry the day period! If in doubt just do a random sampling within your neighborhood and see the outcome.

All these BB fans should stop wasting their energy.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by maclatunji: 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2011
woodcook:

@maclatunji

I think you set out to do a good job with this thread but it obvious you are unable to hide your dislike of GEJ.

My advise to you is when setting up an import thread like this, you don't have to take sides with any of the contestant. Keep your opinion to yourself and that way you will achieve the desired end.

You are misreading my thoughts. I have no problem if President Jonathan wins in a FREE AND FAIR ELECTION on Saturday. However, I will be very ANGRY if we experience a repeat of 2007 on Saturday running into Monday. Why should I hate the President?

However, as a NIGERIAN, I am compelled to hold my President more accountable for the credibility of Saturday's election than his rivals because he is first the President before being a candidate. I hope you get my point, it is not about hate (in fact I do not know of anybody I hate), it is about PRINCIPLES and DOING THE RIGHT THING!

To buttress my point, I hold Ex-President Obasanjo responsible for the pathetic and disgraceful 2007 elections that even President Jonathan cannot deny he is a beneficiary of.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by bisiaet: 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2011
Come Saturday, GEJ will carry the day period! If in doubt just do a random sampling within your neighborhood and see the outcome.

All these BB fans should stop wasting their energy

God bless I had told them but they refuse to understand and they are waiting for a miracle, its ok let wait to see how it will happen.

I said it before with in an honest mind that the game in 2011 is PDP and ACN but the BB fans refuse to accept it last saturday prooved me right or wrong and so it will be till final vote will be counted. Nothing more and no miracle can change this fact.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by BetaThings: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2011
enyojo:

[size=13pt]I CAN HUGE TRANSFORMER SINCE PDP FAILED TO PROVIDE ELECTRICITY IN THEM.

Nigerians can be so daft some times. After 12years, [b]we are now saying dont vote for party but person. [/b]

[size=14pt]IF YOU WANT TO MARRY, WILL YOU SAY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FAMILY BACKGROUND BUT JUST LOVE THE PERSON?[/size]
Good reasoning! Thank God, some Nigerians can still see through the hypocrisy
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by EOS(m): 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2011
Procedure for the election released by INEC is very good, but the implementation is poor. Last week National Assembly election was credible only in very few places. The election was massively rigged in most places, and we should expect the same thing coming Saturday.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by enyojo(f): 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2011
EOS:

Procedure for the election released by INEC is very good, but the implementation is poor. Last week National Assembly election was credible only in very few places. The election was [size=17pt]massively[/size] rigged in most places, and we should expect the same thing coming Saturday.

The South-West helped Jega to retain his integrity.
The South-West makes some Jokers to praise Jonathan.

North-Central my place was rigged blue and Black
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by hbrednic: 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2011
RIP CPC,
LESS THAN A YEAR OLD,GONE TOO SOON embarassed
MY SYMPATHY TO ALL THE FANATICS U LEFT BEHIND tongue
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by Layioye: 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2011
GEJ will not need to rig to win election dis Saturday. He has even said that no one should rig for him. You will be surprise that people will be voting for individual not party on saturday and 80% Lagosian will vote GEJ. So also you will be surprise what will happen in the west this time around. Remember that LP has adopted GEJ, this implies Ondo state goes for GEJ, so also PPN in Ogun state, Oyo state will vote for him but Osun state i can not guarantee.

You know GEJ will have 100% win in South South and South East.

If the result go the way it was last week from North, you can be sure GEJ will win convincingly.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by maclatunji: 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2011
enyojo:

The South-West helped Jega to retain his integrity.
The South-West makes some Jokers to praise Jonathan.

North-Central my place was rigged blue and Black

Do you have any evidence? That is the most important thing, EVIDENCE to prove the case in a court of law. Secondly, offending parties should be tried in court and go to jail if convicted.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by Xfactoria: 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2011
Layioye:

GEJ will not need to rig to win election dis Saturday. He has even said that no one should rig for him. You will be surprise that people will be voting for individual not party on saturday and 80% Lagosian will vote GEJ. So also you will be surprise what will happen in the west this time around. Remember that LP has adopted GEJ, this implies Ondo state goes for GEJ, so also PPN in Ogun state, Oyo state will vote for him but Osun state i can not guarantee.

You know GEJ will have 100% win in South South and South East.

If the result go the way it was last week from North, you can be sure GEJ will win convincingly.

Good analysis. As per the north, all the PDP Governors have their fate on April 26th tied to GEJ's winning on Saturday. They know that a victory for CPC will sound a death knell to their ambition because the Governorship will simply follow suit. So they will do everything within their might to make sure GEJ has a good showing in the north. They are stuck with him and have no choice.

GEJ will coast to victory in a landslide!
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by seguno2: 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2011
enyojo:

Nigerians can be so daft some times. After 12years, we are now saying dont vote for party but person.

I guess you are not a Nigerian or you are also "so daft some times" ?

My dear this is the 21st century not the 19th or 20th century.
Look around you I am sure you sill see cases, maybe rare, of couples who married without bothering about family background.
Except you are not talking about marriage based on true love but one based on other peculiar criteria.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by BetaThings: 5:00pm On Apr 12, 2011
seguno2:

I guess you are not a Nigerian or you are also "so daft some times" ?

My dear this is the 21st century not the 19th or 20th century.
Look around you I am sure you sill see cases, maybe rare, of couples who married without bothering about family background.
Except you are not talking about marriage based on true love but one based on other peculiar criteria.
There are 150million Nigerians. Those rare cases do not matter to most of us. Some Nigerians will become senators. But how many out of 150m+
And marriages consummated without involving families are often ended by text messages
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by maclatunji: 5:03pm On Apr 12, 2011
X-factoria:

Good analysis. As per the north, all the PDP Governors have their fate on April 26th tied to GEJ's winning on Saturday. They know that a victory for CPC will sound a death knell to their ambition because the Governorship will simply follow suit. So they will do everything within their might to make sure GEJ has a good showing in the north. They are stuck with him and have no choice.

GEJ will coast to victory in a landslide!

So, the voice of the people does not matter. All that matters is that: PDP Governors have their fate on April 26th tied to GEJ's winning on Saturday. So they will do everything within their might to make sure GEJ has a good showing in the north.  They are stuck with him and have no choice.

And somebody says I hate the man just because I want to prevent this ^^^ by encouraging people to observe and report the electoral process.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by fxtopedia(m): 5:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
A vote for GEJ is a vote for corruption
Avote for GEJ is a vote for 4yrs of Stagnation
A vote for GEJ is a vote for 4yrs of stagflation
A vote for GEJ is a vote for looters
A vote for GEJ is a vote for debt burden
A vote for GEJ is a vote for more bomb
A vote for GEJ is a vote for insecurity
A vote for GEJ is a vote for job in-security(after all he did not understand its meaning)
A vote for GEJ is a vote for lack of elecrticity
A vote for GEJ is a vote lack of security
A vote for GEJ is a vote all sort of vices etc

SAI BUHARI-BAKARE all the way.
Ta si mi ma ta sio pada period!!!

PS: Those that would suffer IF clueless GEJ eventually rigged the election are the proletariats, thank God I am part of the bourgeoisies.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by Dave6: 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2011
Quote from Porka
BB - Best Before 27 th August, 1985.  Expired, Toxic.

grin    

It's obvious GEJ is going to be massively voted for on Saturday.

SS, SE, even in the SW as most people would vote ACN at the local level, but GEJ at the Presidential; NC.

In the NW, GEJ will still get good support there.

He will also claim a lot of votes from the NE (the worst showing in this region would be 60:40 in favour of Buhari). But don't be surprised if it turns out otherwise!

Pls for those claiming there was massive rigging in last week's election, you can post the pictures and videos.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by recoome(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2011
People will really be shocked in Nigeria cos GEJ will win by a huge landslide, in the SW, GEJ is very acceptable, ribadu is unknown and uncharismatic, if u study the lagos voting pattern, u'll realize that the PDP still has a huge support base in lagos, why do u think fashola embarked on such a vigorous campaign? Why do u think fashola put up ACN flags all over lagos? I was shocked when moshood salvador(PDP) polled 235,000 votes in lagos west, even in the SW, the PDP lost narrowly. As for SW, GEJ will poll no less than 60% of the total votes cast! In the NW, buhari exposed himself to the PDP, when they say his crowd they must have thought of something like "house to house", i hope u know that in the North the PDP has women & men leaders in every ward, even if they attend his rallies the PDP people can easily go 4rm house to house to convince or confuse them and tell them to 'press 4 umbrella', what is an almajiri's business with 'the pen'-simple things like this sway votes and not large rallies. In kaduna south, Nenadi usman(PDP) polled over 420,000 where CPC could only manage 20,000. PDP defeated ANPP & CPC with wide margins, for those who are saying that the people voted personalities, why did kanti bello loose? Is CPC members not proximal to ANPP members in zamfara, why did ANPP members now succeed in zamfara? Why did a sittin senator in kaduna north lose to a 'non-starter'. BTW, the NE is a PDP,ANPP,ACN affair with CPC coming as a distant fourth. Do u think PDP pays their women leaders for nothing? If u study most of the north, the women came out well, they have been assured 35% slots and i don't think they are ready to give that up just 2 satisfy buhari! In this election. The northern govs would stop at nothing 2 ensure that GEJ wins cos they are all eyeing the presidency, why do u think lamido is becoming so friendly? So that by 2015 he can remind the SS people how he assisted them. I won't be suprised if ribadu & sheks poll more votes than buhari.
Re: About The Presidential Election On Saturday. by fxtopedia(m): 5:16pm On Apr 12, 2011
We gotta wait n see, VOTE BUHAR-BAKARE for CHANGE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos celebrating after killing Nigerian army yesterday PHOTOS / I’m Committed To PDP, Its Candidates’ Victories At The Polls - Pat Asadu / Is It Time To Ban The Hijab From Major Cities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.