Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight (28746 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Trains With Isreal Adesanya Ahead Possible Fight With Elon Musk / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship / Israel Adesanya: I Have A Tattoo Of Nigeria With A Lion Inside It On My Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by thatsleepboy1: 11:43am On Mar 08, 2021
Israel Adesanya’s flawless record came to an abrupt end following his defeat to Jan Blachowicz in the UFC 259 light heavyweight championship in Las Vegas.

The Nigerian mixed martial artist suffered his first professional defeat in the combat sport after bowing to his Polish opponent in the fifth round through a unanimous decision. All three judges gave the contest to Blachowicz with a scorecard of 49–46, 49–45, 49–45 at the end of the meeting. However, while reacting to the setback, the 31-year-old insisted that the fight didn’t go as planned, adding that he was unable to sleep before the fight. He told UFC on BT Sport by the ringside:

“No, not exactly because I thought I was going to win and you know, I couldn’t sleep last night and instead of doing wines I was doing lines just to stay up.

“They got me one of these (bottle of wine) and I probably should have had it maybe I would have slept better. “Yes it didn’t go the way I wanted it but dare to be great, you know the critics are on the sidelines but I am the one putting my life on the line.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/i-didnt-sleep-well-before-the-fight-%e2%80%95-adesanya/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by Officialgarri: 11:48am On Mar 08, 2021
Who cares about your frivolous excuse.
You can't always win.

It's not good to fail in this life o. Nobody is posting his pictures and no country is famzing him.

Las las, the world gives no sh*t about failure. We only recognize success

146 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by lilvicky68(m): 11:58am On Mar 08, 2021
Stop giving excuses for failure try to be better next time..no one cares about your excuses..

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by ObaKlaz: 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
You could have said that before the match, not after getting your ass whooped, Mr. Style Bender. cheesy

23 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by paulolee(m): 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2021
I hope he isnt giving us excuses.....we dnt care about the process we live in d world where we all care about are just good results and dts why we dnt talk much about sacrifices and hard work placed by athletes until they are made champions...

12 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by DeeMain(m): 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2021
If only you guys will listen to the full interview before spewing nonsense against him based on rubbish spurn by half baked blogs. He never made any excuse for losing. He is brave and fearless and surprisingly very intelligent and likable.

Kudos champ!

189 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by kenzysmith: 6:10am On Mar 09, 2021
Big lies this guy was busy knacking olosho throughout the night why is opponent was busy preparing , watch the fight the guy wan kill am for ring if not for the referee .This guy na heavy ote

12 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by iyanumiv(m): 10:45am On Mar 09, 2021
dey fix the match joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by NwaNimo1(m): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2021

14 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by AMvanquish: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2021
Take your L and move on... Even though the loss wasn't that bad.

3 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by tot(f): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2021
The downfall of a man is not his end. He should pick himself up and prepare for his next fight. Losing a fight is part of the journey.

6 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by FalseProphet1(m): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2021
Poor guy I can imagine the kind of beating he must have received, I see him bouncing back to the top. This I have seen.

13 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2021
Excuse

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by salbis(m): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2021
In life we win some and lose some. Better winning days Adesanya.

4 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by Chriskito09: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2021
thatsleepboy1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/i-didnt-sleep-well-before-the-fight-%e2%80%95-adesanya/

Israel always resist the urge to shalaye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by Uyi168: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2021
Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by BKayy: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2021
You want to fight a man with beards and you didn't sleep. What were you doing at night? Probably watching bobrisky's twerk videos

8 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by The5DME(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2021
You lost stylebnder
Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by Kingcalls: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2021
You win some , you loose some...thats what sports is about

5 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 09, 2021
Lol
Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by theFilmtric: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2021
abi u were doing shukushasker the night before cheesy grin wink

FEAR WOMEN!

The future is female cheesy

theFilmtricsay

2 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by apakuro: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2021
even if u sleep for 2yrs sef he go still beat you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by Ppogbae: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2021
Lol, people don't get it. He's mocking his last opponent Costa who blamed his loss to Adesanya on drinking wine.

12 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2021
a good winner is a looser who blames nothing for his loss

3 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by blazepascal(m): 10:49am On Mar 09, 2021
accept your defeat and stop ranting

2 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by Imstrong2(m): 10:49am On Mar 09, 2021
Sure sleeps after the match

2 Likes

Re: Isreal Adesanya: I Didn’t Sleep Well Before The Fight by CotenantNIG: 10:49am On Mar 09, 2021
eeyah

Lands and Plot for sale in Ota, Ogun State
https://pwanmax.com/ota-estates/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama & Wife Celebrate Their 11th Wedding Anniversary / NFF Pays $2000 Each To Super Eagles Players For Chan Qualification / Smalling Reveals What Messi & Suarez Will Do To Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.