Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Using Pedestrian Bridges? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Using Pedestrian Bridges? (268 Views)

Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges / Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has Pedestrian Bridges That Nobody Uses / Why Lagosians Hate Using The Pedestrian Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Using Pedestrian Bridges? by engrcalvin: 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hello Nairanders,

As we know, Pedestrian Bridges are structures built over roads that enables people to safely cross such roads without impeding the speed or movement of vehicular traffic.They are built for the safety of pedestrians.

Times without number I have watched as vehicles hit and kill people trying to cross the express even in places where these Bridges are found,why they chose to ignore available pedestrian bridges built for such purpose is what I find difficult trying to comprehend.

The attached video and photo is that of people ignoring a pedestrian bridge and crossing the busy Kubwa express way (@NNPC junction)in Abuja despite the risk involved in crossing that busy road at the peak of traffic.

What is the reason why you or most people ignore these pedestrian bridges despite the risk of been hit by a speeding vehicle?
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Using Pedestrian Bridges? by Alphamale101(m): 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
Sometimes the location of the pedestrian bridge might be far from the person's destination so u don't expect Dem to go thru a pedestrian when they can actually cross over and get to their destination

It saves time and strength but quite risky

Secondly that's how black people are naturally we always claim to be smart especially Nigerians
We are naughty by nature grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Using Pedestrian Bridges? by Juoflife1(f): 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
Impatience,
ignorance,
illiteracy.
Nobody should come for me abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Using Pedestrian Bridges? by oluayebenz: 12:17am On Mar 09, 2021
Juoflife1:
Impatience,
ignorance,
illiteracy.

Nobody should come for me abeg.

You are on point

(1) (Reply)

Study Abroad / Serious Accident @ Kara Lagos Ibadan Expressway / Royal Air Maroc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.