Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,186 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! (597 Views)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / My Pig Farm Journey / Fcm Tomato Farm Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by pheelhip(m): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2021
Good Day Nairalanders

Im a young farmer who have invested in goat and about adding pigs to it.
I will be updating how its going from time to time so i could gather people suggestions, advice and well wishes.

First of all, I'm about getting 2 Five mnths old pig from a trusted source with a good mothering ability.

I was told to pay 60k for the two pigs, 30k per pigs, LARGE WHITE purebred exotic trait.
Please is it worth the amount or i can still bargain?
Re: I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by HeraldAgric01(m): 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2021
I hope you truly end up with the "pure breed"
Lots of high/cross breeds are termed pure .
All the Best tho

1 Like

Re: I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by wengerman: 9:42pm On Mar 11, 2021
pheelhip:
Good Day Nairalanders

Im a young farmer who have invested in goat and about adding pigs to it.
I will be updating how its going from time to time so i could gather people suggestions, advice and well wishes.

First of all, I'm about getting 2 Five mnths old pig from a trusted source with a good mothering ability.

I was told to pay 60k for the two pigs, 30k per pigs, LARGE WHITE purebred exotic trait.
Please is it worth the amount or i can still bargain?
With the price which is 30k per one for five months old pig,i am doubting the authenticity of the" Pureness" of the breed.but if the breed is pure as stated it is a steal for that price
Re: I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by pheelhip(m): 11:20pm On Mar 11, 2021
wengerman:
With the price which is 30k per one for five months old pig,i am doubting the authenticity of the" Pureness" of the breed.but if the breed is pure as stated it is a steal for that price

thank you for your response, did you mean 30k is too much for a purebred female pig. how much would you suggest i bargain it to?
Re: I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by AandAFarms: 7:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
pheelhip:

thank you for your response, did you mean 30k is too much for a purebred female pig. how much would you suggest i bargain it to?

30k is not too cheap for a pureline weaner but 30k is too cheap for a 5month old pig unless the pig has not been growing well
Re: I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by wengerman: 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2021
pheelhip:

.it is too cheap for a five month old pureline
Re: I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by wengerman: 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2021
AandAFarms:

30k is not too cheap for a pureline weaner but 30k is too cheap for a 5month old pig unless the pig has not been growing well
iagree with what you said it is not too cheap for weaner but it is too good to be true for a five month old pig unless it is not growing well or is not a good breed as my friend stated.There are "audio" breed in pig faming and also" football age".the pig might even be up to 10 month that is not growing well and the person is calling it five months.just shine your eyes

1 Like

Re: I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by pheelhip(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
AandAFarms:

whao!
alright, thanks for your response
Re: I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by cattlefarming01: 9:38am On Mar 16, 2021
How To Make Your Pigs Grow Bigger Naturally

Livestock - Zyme is fortified with ENZYMES which helps your PIGS to absorb nutrients from their feed to enable them Grow faster and bigger, it also help to boost their immune system for prevention of disease, it also increase their milk production.

Why You Should Use Livestock-Zyme

It boost the growth of your animals

Increases immune system for prevention of disease.

Increase animal carcass meat

Reduces rearing period

Increases farmers profit

How To Use

Simply add 1 capful of Livestock-Zyme into 40 litres of water or 1 bottle of Livestock-Zyme in 2,400 litres of water and feed normally.

For delivery of product to your location contact : +23408033492090

To learn more about our product Www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

Re: I'm About Starting My Pig Farm, Thread! by kennethfranc(m): 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
Bravo! So even pure breed matters in piggery shocked Me I think say nah only for dog....Nice step man
I wish you success all the way

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arabica Coffee Bean For Sale Export / INSIDE LIFE: See The VIDEO Of Biggest Fish Ever Seen, People Share To No End At / This BIKE Is Good For Farm Owners Movement In The Farm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.