Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

My Pig Farm Journey - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pig Farm Journey (31684 Views)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / My Maize Farm Journey / Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2023
So we started off a pig farm in Ịdị Ose, after Ọjọọ in Ibadan some time in August., Bought some crossbreed growers for fattening and Camborough pure breeds (3 gilts) from a Dutch source, with a pure Camborough boar � from another source. The journey has been interesting �

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 1:45pm On Jan 03, 2023
Having studied Animal Science, this project has been interesting all the way.

Feel free to consult for any enquires(housing, stocking, feeding, treatment etc)

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2023
The Pure breeds are 4 (3 gilts + 1 boar) : for breeding

The crossbreed 4 also ( to be sold for pork)

Today they're all over 80kg with the pure breeds pregnant, feel free to hit me up for your weaners by God's grace grin

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Rastafryrice: 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2023
How much can you sell a full grown up pig for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2023
Rastafryrice:
How much can you sell a full grown up pig for?
I believe you are referring to the one for slaughter, we can do ₦1200 per Kg of life weight sir, while the pure breeds would be about ₦2000 per Kg life weight ( though I'll advise that if you're looking for pure breeds, you buy weaners/growers)

14 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
ChineduObinna:

I believe you are referring to the one for slaughter, we can do ₦1200 per Kg of life weight sir, while the pure breeds would be about ₦2000 per Kg life weight ( though I'll advise that if you're looking for pure breeds, you buy weaners/growers)

Hello! If there was a way a group of people can gather and agree to pay so and so money for the pig and share the meat, I would appreciate if you could let me know. Haven't really eaten pig, but I am interested.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Kobojunkie: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2023
Isn't the cement floor hard for their hoofs? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 2:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Isn't the cement floor hard for their hoofs? lipsrsealed
no it is not sir

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Hello! If there was a way a group of people can gather and agree to pay so and so money for the pig and share the meat, I would appreciate if you could let me know. Haven't really eaten pig, but I am interested.

An avenue to be explored

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by jmoore(m): 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
ChineduObinna:

What's the average weight of an adult pig?
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
jmoore:

What's the average weight of an adult pig?
Depends, anywhere from 70kg upwards for an intensive production system. And above 50kg for local subsistence methods.

3 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2023
I will be uploading current photos of the pigs in their Progressive weights.

Was supposed to have slaughtered about 2 last month, but we were overwhelmed by our broiler processing and sales , and cattle processing and sales.

9 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by oskinrin: 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
do you rent the pen or build it from scratch?

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 9:34pm On Jan 05, 2023
oskinrin:
do you rent the pen or build it from scratch?

Renting currently. But you can consult with us for a design that suits your needs

6 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by md16: 10:36am On Jan 06, 2023
How do we contact you
ChineduObinna:

Renting currently. But you can consult with us for a design that suits your needs
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
md16:
How do we contact you

sasconsmith@gmail.com
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2023
Earlier today with the pigs grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
ChineduObinna:

Don't they attack you? What if you fall unconscious inside the pen? Won't they eat you then?

You have a borehole on the farm?

I am not an expert or anything, but I think you should find a way of selling pig manure to farmers nearby, or even better open a farm nd use that manure to grow crops you will feed the pigs with.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by jmoore(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2023
ChineduObinna:
What do you feed them?

3 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Don't they attack you? What if you fall unconscious inside the pen? Won't they eat you then?

You have a borehole on the farm?

I am not an expert or anything, but I think you should find a way of selling pig manure to farmers nearby, or even better open a farm nd use that manure to grow crops you will feed the pigs with.

No sir, they don't attack anyone, and I am wearing a farm boot with good grip on the floor so there's no falling or eating going on. grin

Yes the farm has a borehole

And we have pasture established for feeding our cattle and other small ruminants so the manure goes there, thank you for the advice

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
jmoore:

What do you feed them?

I formulate their feed actually, just like one would formulate feed for poultry or Ruminant concentrate

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by jmoore(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:

I formulate their feed actually, just like one would formulate feed for poultry or Ruminant concentrate
Apart from feeds, are their things that the pigs can eat to minimize cost of feeding?

I heard they eat pawpaw leaves.

2 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Tochex101(m): 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:

Its good to see you practice and enjoy your profession.....
I'm cheering for u.....#success and profit..
Following...

48 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
jmoore:

What do you feed them?

Pizza and sharwarma of course grin

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
Tochex101:

Following...

Was trying to advise him. Didn't know he had a PhD on all pig-raising aspects. Guy has done his research o. smiley

12 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Tochex101(m): 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Was trying to advise him. Didn't know he had a PhD on all pig-raising aspects. Guy has done his research o. smiley
Yea....you na geopolitics man....
Know you very well from the Military thread....everyone has their different passions

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
Tochex101:

Yea....you na geopolitics man....
Know you very well from the Military thread....everyone has their different passions

Lol. And here I was thinking I dey fly below the radar horizon
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Percy0006(m): 2:59am On Jan 10, 2023
Good morning bro, how do i contact you. I leave not too far from ojoo and i am gathering information on livestocks please contact me on WhatsApp.0.8.0.7.0.7.1.8.3.1.4 sir or rather drop your number thank you so much for your reply
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
jmoore:

Apart from feeds, are their things that the pigs can eat to minimize cost of feeding?

I heard they eat pawpaw leaves.

Yes they eat pawpaw leaves, peels and even seeds, they eat a lot of organic rubbish actually, but you cannot reach market weight in 3-4months feeding them things like that

30 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
Tochex101:

Following...

Thank you brother

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice / My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.