Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,782 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

God’s Kingdom Shall Shine - The Lord’s Glory Shall Be Radiant. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God’s Kingdom Shall Shine - The Lord’s Glory Shall Be Radiant. (90 Views)

Do Homosexuals Have A Place In God's Kingdom? / God Cartoons — Shine The Light ⬇️ / Your Glory Shall Shine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God’s Kingdom Shall Shine - The Lord’s Glory Shall Be Radiant. by sweetmusictv: 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2021
An Emoji Devotions for Mon, 8 2021

Topic: God’s Kingdom shall shine - the Lord’s glory shall be radiant.

By H. U. Wenger

Highlight: You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth: (Acts 1: cool

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (Ephesians 3:20 – 21)

A long time ago, John the Baptist went through the land of Israel by preaching: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.” (Matthew 3:2). Only a short time later Jesus was touring the same land with the same message. (Matthew 4: 17). Jesus, however, invited to follow him and promised that he would make his disciples to fishers of men. (Matthew, 4: 19) Additionally to his preaching about the kingdom of heaven he gave the people a taste of it by healing the sick, by freeing the demon possessed and restoring the paralyzed. In an amazing teaching in the Sermon on the Mount he showed them the love of God that dwelled in him and made clear, that he wants to bestow the very same love and power to them. As my father has sent me into the world, so I send you into the very same world. (John 17:18; 20:21) You will be like sheep among wolves. The disciple is not any greater than the master. They hated me and they will hate you, because I am not from this world and as my followers are not from the world, but still in the world. (John 15:18 ff).

Where ever the followers of Christ are living out the love of God and the gospel, there will be a taste of the kingdom of heaven and of the Lord’s glory. The earth is a fallen creation that waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed (Romans 8:19) and it will only turn into a heavenly place, when the prince of peace will reign for a thousand year.

Presently we live in a time that is pregnant with expectations for the revelation of God’s greater glory and a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit, accompanied with signs and wonders. I will greatly rejoice, when such things are starting to happen and frankly, I hope for it too. In the meantime, I believe in the path of obedience. To make the kingdom of heaven visible, it must dwell within me. Whenever I realize that I am not living in the love with which Jesus loves me, whenever I catch myself judging others and not giving them the respect and reference I am receiving from my heavenly father, I need to repent and to turn around. By humiliating myself und the mighty hand of God, his glory will be radiant in my community and his kingdom will become visible and shining.

Ephesians 5: 1 – 9 shows us the way. Consciously wanting to be an imitator of God as a dearly loved child and live a life of love, like Christ, ready to give myself as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God and withstand everything that is not born out of God’s love.

Prayer: Lord, teach me to be your imitator in love and respect. Fill me with your spirit and please do immeasurably more through the power of the indwelling spirit than I can ask or imagine.

(1) (Reply)

What Type Of Resolve Do We Have For Jesus Christ Crucified In This Era / The Revelation. Righteousness That Leads To Heaven : Righteousness That Leads T / Christ "The Light"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.