Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs (19057 Views)

'Buhari, Why Do You Like Blood?' - Uche Secondus Asks President / Buhari: Why I Will Never Write A Book / Buhari: Why I Trekked 800 Meters In Daura - President Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by Officialhorlah(m): 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has explained why he has shown so much concern about happenings with the borders of Nigeria’s neighbouring countries; the Republic of Niger.
According to President Buhari, Niger shares a length of more than 1,400 kilometres of border with Nigeria, which he said should make Nigeria pay serious attention to any development going on with its borders, especially its stability.

President Buhari spoke on Monday at the State House, Abuja, while receiving a report on the elections in the neighbouring country from former Vice President, Namadi Sambo, who is ECOWAS Head of Mission on the election in Republic of Niger.

A statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President said “Nigeria shares more than 1,400 kilometres of border with Republic of Niger, and we should be concerned about the stability of that country.

“We are concerned about their stability, and I am glad the elections went well. I am happy it was transparent, as attested to by most of the observers,” President Buhari said.
He congratulated Architect Sambo and his team for a job well done, stating; “I am glad you came back with good news.”

The ECOWAS Head of Mission on the election said he met with all the stakeholders before the polls, which went into run-off after the initial exercise in December last year was inconclusive, “and we observed about 400 polling units in five regions of the country, and the process was peaceful, done professionally. Every citizen was given the right to vote and be voted for.”

The candidate of the ruling party was announced by the electoral body as having won more than 50% of the votes, a decision disputed by the opposition candidate, who has now approached the constitutional court for redress. It is the court which has powers to declare a winner in an election, according to the Constitution of Republic of Niger.

Former Vice President Sambo described the election as “a great improvement on that of December 27 last year,” and thanked President Buhari for facilitating the transportation needs of his team.

https://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-why-nigeria-is-interested-in-niger-republics-domestic-affairs/

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by SLAP44: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2021
Because blood is thicker than water. grin

217 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by illicit(m): 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
Cows....

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by Monogamy: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2021
Yet he careless about the insecurity in the country...

God punish devil

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by princemillla(m): 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2021
Someone who doesn't give a fvck about human lives being lost in Nigeria is so concerned about happening in neighboring country. Shame on you Buhari....

Nigeria will jubilate after ur exit as the worst president of the country!

Insecurity is just on the rise in every part of the country, no where is safe again.

From boko haram, to bandits to herdsmen to kidnapping ( paying huge amount to terrorist). Street urchings are having a field day. No fear again. Police has lost its integrity, no one cared again. Yet my president careless about all this but is more interested in what happen outside the border.

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by CobraAnambra: 8:17pm On Mar 08, 2021
We know you share ancestry but you could shut the border with Benin republic down south because you don't share blood relationship.

-cobra.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by ipobarethieves: 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
undecided pa Daura angry angry Biko face home front embarassed angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by LilyColin(f): 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
Eran

See the lifeless illiterate vegetable ruling the so called Giant of Africa....

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by LotaTee: 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
SLAP44:
Because blood is thicker than water. grin
cheesy grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by Draslo(m): 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
Funny what this dead leaf leaves his palace to speak up about. There was a serious spark that could have ignited a civil war yet your fada na Niger matter concern you. Thunder strike you.

I no kuku blame you. Them follow vote for 2015.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by theBLOODofJESUS(f): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
Anything to further the interest of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
Noted
Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by EmmanuelScott1(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
with this, I have convinced you and not confused you that BUHARI IS USELESS

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by ThinkSmarter: 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
Honestly, most people we assume to be Northerners down here in Southern Nigeria are mostly Nigeriens.
I have had close relationships with some of them right here in Anambra State.
And there have been able to tell me that they are actually from Niger Republic after I enquire about their state of origin.
They revealed these to me cuz they trusted me.
Nigeria is their own Abroad.
The Hausa language is a lingua franca across the Savannah.
And Islam is a very common religion.
All these are confusing factors.
We can't achieve stability in Nigeria when there is no stability in the neighbouring Niger, Chad, Cameroon and Benin.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by Hundai: 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nonsense administration

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by DropsMic(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
My dad's house is burning but na the fire wey dey nieghbour house him dey concerned with

I love my country...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by Olominira(m): 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
Illiterate cow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by alingo2013(m): 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2021
I have read the speech which he delived, I a can assure you that I read it more than five times and the only reasonable thing the president gave in the speech was nothing all he said made no sense at all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by mccloud224(m): 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2021
The real Buhari is long DEAD!!!

When will you folks get that into your iron-clad thick skulls? Is it Stockholm syndrome,cowardice or religious/ethnic bigotry affecting you people?

I don tire ooooo!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by Sonnobax15(m): 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2021
lipsrsealed
My fellow Nigerians,our own don finish for this country

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by NwaNimo1(m): 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2021

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nothing more than the influx of votes they give the three states of Katrina, Kadunna and Kano during elections in Nigeria so there citizen must be treated as Nigerians too!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by FalseProphet1(m): 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
I see buhari allocating part of our budget to Niger, I see him building roads, hospitals and other infrastructures there, I see DSS arresting concerned Nigerians who angirly air out their displeasure. This I have seen.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by potbelly(m): 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
You no go face the one wey dey your front you dey look another person own...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by bull67: 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
i think he is related to the place. Maybe mother sideor fathers side

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Why Nigeria Is Interested In Niger Republic’s Domestic Affairs by Triangles1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
Relate with christian country like Benin Togo Ghana not kwashiorkor because of tactics to end bokko, it will do more harm than good.

They claimed they close bother but they're smuggling weapon, rice and bandit from neighboring countries through the northern part of Nigeria.

Nigeria government should not forget that Foreign Fulani or Terrorist they can't make their escape route through Southern part but they can use Niger Chad.

Baba please wake up, we can't buy 200 naira per liter and scare to drive freely because of Fulanis Bandits. Habba Baba.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lecturers, Students Back Atiku/Obi Ticket / How States Squandered FG Bailout Funds / Militants Flee Ogun, Regroup In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.