Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines (552 Views)

WHO Warns Over 'Severe' Omicron Variant - 'Vaccine Rollout Must Be Accelerated' / COVID-19: Edo Receives Additional 50,000 Doses Of Astrazeneca Vaccines / Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by Liposure: 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nigeria received about 4 million doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccines
By Ebuka Onyeji

Another country has suspended the use of Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine adding to a growing concern about the vaccine Nigeria received almost four million doses of last Tuesday.

Authorities in Austria on Tuesday said vaccination with the Oxford vaccines in the country were halted as a precaution while investigating the death of one person and the illness of another after taking the shots, according to Reuters.

“The Federal Office for Safety in Health Care (BASG) has received two reports in a temporal connection with vaccination from the same batch of the AstraZeneca vaccine in the district clinic of Zwettl.

“One woman (49) died as a result of severe coagulation disorders, while another woman (35) developed a pulmonary embolism and is recovering,” BASG, Austria’s health and safety agency, said.

A pulmonary embolism is an acute lung disease caused by a dislodged blood clot. Currently there is no evidence of a causal relationship with the vaccination

“As a precautionary measure, the remaining stocks of the affected vaccine batch are no longer being issued or vaccinated,” BASG noted.

The APA news agency quoted AstraZeneca as saying the company was in contact with Austrian authorities and would fully support the investigation, tReuters reported.

The company noted the vaccine had been approved by the European Medicines Agency and the World Health Organisation based on a global clinical programme involving 23,000 participants.

This is coming about two months after South Africa rejected about 1.5 million doses of the same vaccine after evidence emerged that the vaccine did not protect clinical-trial participants from mild or moderate illness caused by the more contagious virus variant that was first seen in the country.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is important especially to the COVAX arrangement, the UN-backed effort that promises access to vaccines for up to 20 per cent of participating countries’ population.

Nigeria’s subscription to the arrangement has started paying off with the West African nation receiving 3.94 million doses of the vaccine, making it the biggest benefactor of the programme yet.

Because it is relatively cheap, easy to make, and store, the AstraZeneca vaccine is regarded as the most suitable for developing countries like Nigeria.

But there has been growing concern about the vaccine. Apart from the concerns raised in Austria and South Africa, preliminary results from a trial of the vaccines are not clear and did not reflect data from older people, the NewYork Times reported.

Nigeria commenced vaccination with the Oxford vaccines on Friday with Cyprian Ngong, a medical doctor becoming the first person to receive a jab in Nigeria. The rollout started with healthcare workers who are often at the risk of exposure to infections being the first responders to patients.

President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osibanjo were vaccinated on Saturday in Abuja.

The presidency later released a statement saying Mr Buhari felt no negative side effect from the vaccine. He urged Nigerians to allow themselves to be vaccinated.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/447598-another-country-halts-rollout-of-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccines.html
lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by Jones4190(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2021
Here are 12 important questions and answers Nigerian are asking before considering getting vaccinated:
●"If I get vaccinated can I stop wearing a mask(s)?"
Goverment: "NO"
●"If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal?
Government: "NO"
●"If I get vaccinated will I be resistant to Covid?"
Government: "Maybe. We don't know exactly, but probably not."
●"If I get vaccinated, at least I won't be contagious to others - right?"
Government: "NO. the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission."
●"If I get vaccinated, how long will the vaccine last?"
Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."
● "If I get vaccinated, can I stop social distancing?"
● "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?"
● "So what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?"
Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."
●"Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?"
●"If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?"
Government: "To protect others."
●"So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?"
● "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?"
Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug"
So to summarize, the Covid19 "vaccine"...
Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns
Does not eliminate the need for masking
Question:
So what exactly does the vaccine do?
I rest my case.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by Liposure: 8:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hmmm...lets beware
Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by daddytime(m): 8:27pm On Mar 08, 2021
Amazing piece.

If it ain't broken why try to fix it?
Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by Racoon(m): 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2021
Chloroquine, Hydroxylchloroquine, Redemsivir, Ivemectin, and now the AstraZeneca Covax COVID-19 vaccine is also killing people.Abeg where is the world heading to?

If there is anything COVID has taught humanity, it should be humility because man have always felt he is invulnerable & does not need God.Imagine the unfortunate morbidity & mortality burden of this raging pandemic in the US, France, Italy & other nations of the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by Barbsamiin: 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2021
undecided
Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by obiekunie2: 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
Jones4190:
Here are 12 important questions and answers Nigerian are asking before considering getting vaccinated:
●"If I get vaccinated will the restaurants, bars, schools, fitness clubs, hair salons, etc. reopen and will people be able to get back to work like normal?
Government: "No one knows. All Covid "vaccines" are still in the experimental stage."
● "If my parents, grandparents and myself all get vaccinated can we hug each other again?"
● "So what's the benefit of getting vaccinated?"
Government: "Hoping that the virus won't kill you."
●"Are you sure the vaccine won't injure or kill me?"
●"If statistically the virus won't kill me (99.7% survival rate), why should I get vaccinated?"
Government: "To protect others."
●"So if I get vaccinated, I can protect 100% of people I come in contact with?"
● "If I experience a severe adverse reaction, long term effects (still unknown) or die from the vaccine will I (or my family) be compensated from the vaccine manufacture or the Government?"
Government: "NO - the government and vaccine manufactures have 100% zero liability regarding this experimental drug"
So to summarize, the Covid19 "vaccine"...
Does not provide immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on to others
Does not eliminate the need for travel bans
Does not eliminate the need for business closures
Does not eliminate the need for lockdowns
Does not eliminate the need for masking
Question:

So what exactly does the vaccine do?

I rest my case.

THAT HAS BEEN MY QUESTION AND NO ONE SEEM TO KNOW THE ANSWER!!!

Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by Liposure: 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
Jones4190:
● "So what's the benefit of gettvaccinate
spot on
Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by Liposure: 11:11pm On Mar 08, 2021
Lala
Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by Liposure: 7:54am On Mar 09, 2021
Racoon:
Chloroquine, Hydroxylchloroquine, Redemsivir, Ivemectin, and now the AstraZeneca Covax COVID-19 vaccine is also killing people.Abeg where is the world heading to?

If there is anything COVID has taught humanity, it should be humility because man have always felt he is invulnerable & does not need God.Imagine the unfortunate morbidity & mortality burden of this raging pandemic in the US, France, Italy & other nations of the world.
this is serious
Re: Another Country Halts Rollout Of Oxford/astrazeneca Vaccines by Liposure: 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
obiekunie2:

THAT HAS BEEN MY QUESTION AND NO ONE SEEM TO KNOW THE ANSWER!!!
even obama is curious

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Nofap Community: Celebrating 1000 Pages Of Recovery / Clinic In A Bottle.. / 5 Benefits Of Doing Push Ups Every Day | Push Ups Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.