Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses (9391 Views)

WHO Warns Over 'Severe' Omicron Variant - 'Vaccine Rollout Must Be Accelerated' / Russia Receives Orders For ONE BILLION Doses Of World’s First Covid-19 Vaccine / Johnson & Johnson To Pay $2.1bn Over Cancer-causing Talcum Powder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Mynd44: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
AFRICA’S COVID-19 vaccination programme got a boost as pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson, J&J, announced it will supply up to 400 million doses of its single-shot COVID-19 vaccine to the African Union.

The supplies will help Africa reach its target of vaccinating at least 60 percent of the population, to contain the spread of the coronavirus. The African Vaccine Acquisition Trust Team, AVATT, has already signed an agreement with Johnson & Johnson for the delivery of the vaccine doses.

The agreement entails that 55 member states of the AU will take delivery, from the beginning of the third quarter of 2021, up to 200 million doses of the vaccine. Additional 180 million doses will be made available in 2022, making it a combined total of up to 400 million doses of the vaccine. Speaking on the development, Cyril Ramaphosa, South African president, who is the chairman of AVATT, said the agreement is historic and a significant milestone in the protection of the health of Africans.

“This agreement is a significant milestone in protecting the health of all Africans. It is also a powerful demonstration of African unity and of what we can achieve through a partnership between the state sector, the private sector, and international institutions that put people first,” Ramaphosa said. Alex Gorsky, chairman/CEO, Johnson & Johnson, said: “Our support for the COVAX Facility, combined with supplementary agreements with countries and regions, will help accelerate global progress toward ending the COVID-19 pandemic.”

The Director of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Professor Peter Piot, said: “I’m thrilled at this agreement between J&J and the African Union which is a game-changing moment in Africa’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. “Combined with the 500 million doses supplied through COVAX for low and middle-income countries, this deal should ensure all African adults will receive a COVID19 vaccine. “I hope this agreement is a catalyst for further action that ensures fair and equitable access to successful COVID-19 vaccines, one of the most urgent issues we face in this pandemic.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/johnson-johnson-to-boost-africas-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-with-400m-doses/

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by TRADELYN: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
It's welcome shocked
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by slawormiir: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by yesloaded: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
...issorite cheesy
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by SILVERLINES: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Instead of investing on human resources these folks are spending money on a certain chemical.

Always know this, that over 75% of African youths are none innovative, jobless and over 90% of them are technology decline.

Invest in technology today and create channels for employment not covid-19 vaccine

12 Likes

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by AlphikkaTech: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Fellow Nigerians, vote for me in the next Presidential election.
I'll rule you better than Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by BigDawsNet: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
grin
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by neolboy(m): 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Okay oo

Keep it rolling
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by BigDawsNet: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Back in my day, you would cough to cover up a fart. Now, with Covid-19, you fart to cover up a cough.

2 Likes

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Teewhy2: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
I heard the foreigners (Chinese, Indians e.t.c) are the one rushing the vaccine here in Nigeria while we the citizen don't really care. I hope it will not get to when there will be limited dosage and many people will start rushing it then some people will take advantage to make money from it.

5 Likes

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Chogzee(m): 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Commendable..
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Yonson & Yonson don come again. Sai!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by adesegun121(m): 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Paschal55(m): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
May God protect us ,Oyinbo free gift dey get as e dey be o lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by ERockson: 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
The only Pharmaceutical company I can take covidy vaccine from. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by tiswell(m): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
naija na cruise
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Alejoas(m): 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
angry i prefer single shot for sure!
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by aBrokeRichDude: 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
Want to boost like say na free... Simply put, wants to make money from Africans undecided

E b big big tins dey happen..
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by 900warriorz: 4:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
Me i no go kukuma receive the Covid-19 vaccine and nothing go do me cheesy

I just dey fear for una wey dey collect am. By the time them say AstraZeneca disease don come, na him una go know wetin una collect grin

4 Likes

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2021
everyone is now supplying this vaccine to Africa n especially to Nigeria. .inwont be surprise to see "a made in Aba" vaccine soon in naija.
don't even know why the aba people are wasting time sef..see good business ooo!
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Mtmike(m): 4:17pm On Mar 30, 2021
Wahala for who wan take covid 19 vaccination o. Make Una continue

3 Likes

Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by donnie(m): 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Oya make una collect. Mumus...

Before you start quoting brainwashed mumu doctors. Watch qualified doctors and scientists warn against this nonsnese they call vaccines.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KIJvmCiJlh6Oob73IOMs3XTsOgcIoM-Q/view?usp=drivesdk
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by dotna(m): 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
This is encouraging

2005 Madza MPV forsale at a good price. Foreign used and Custom cleared.
https://www.nairaland.com/6443426/2005-madza-mpv-forsale
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good one from JJ co.

SILVERLINES

That you sound knowledgeably doesn’t mean you’ve lost this particular topic. Fighting this world pandemic back to where it came from is a goal for all world powers.
go to minister of science & tech Twitter/Instagram page and level your complaints with your blown image. They might call you up but don’t forget our days of little beginning here... wink

post=100337471:
Instead of investing on human resources these folks are spending money on a certain chemical.

Always know this, that over 75% of African youths are none innovative, jobless and over 90% of them are technology decline.

Invest in technology today and create channels for employment not covid-19 vaccine
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by thatsleepboy1: 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
Good move.
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
grin
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by bigdammyj: 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
Noted
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Tvoice: 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
Yes , keep those coming while other diseases are left unattended to , because covid is the only disease that matters right now , if HIV and other diseases where attended to this way I dont think we will have any problems, u guyz cant fool me even if u drag the whole world along .

The same vaccine that u cant hold any body or any company to ransome if anything happens to u chai, abeg who do dis country like dis eeeen

As for those rushing to take vaccine, I just dey smile dey look una , chaii , after a year from now una go testify, make den dey pack am come , make una dey collect .
Re: Johnson & Johnson To Boost Africa’s COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout With 400m Doses by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2021
It is not free.

All the money will be paid by through tax.

Nothing is free in this world...know it now

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Grow Taller / Akeredolu Commissions New Medical Equipment To Boost HealthCare In Ondo / COVID-19 Update For October 31 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.