Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,137 members, 7,821,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week (15910 Views)

Court Orders Rivers Assembly Factions To Suspend Sittings / Vote-Buying: Politicians Plot New Strategies To Bypass Cash Crunch / Ekiti House Of Assembly Holds Sittings At The Foot Of Ado-Ekiti Flyover (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Chummynoni(m): 9:46am On Mar 09, 2021
why wont there be crunch when they have stolen everytin
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by emmanuel596(m): 9:46am On Mar 09, 2021
This idiots are being paid heavily to do absolutely nothing....rubber stamped Senate
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Cachetdotng: 9:48am On Mar 09, 2021
Good....make dem sef hia the odour....awon oloriburuku grin

If you want to learn web design see my signature....aluta continua grin
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by NWABUKA007(m): 9:50am On Mar 09, 2021
Thieves
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by gulfer: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2021
So they must be paid for every sitting abi.....we really need to make the legislature unattractive so that people who are selfless can go in and better the lives of the general populace; these ones are just on a cruise..........collecting salaries and allowances for doing practically nothing angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by princety24(m): 9:56am On Mar 09, 2021
Good day . Please am in need of a Ads Marketer urgently. WhatsApp & call : +2348105547878 Thanks
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Rotadbd: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2021
What positive changes has their numerous sittings brought to the masses If they like, they should remain standing for the rest of their stay in office who cares?
Rhinestone transfer motif for shoes bags fabrics t-shirt blingings and more, get your stoning tools and accessories and Let me put you through for FREE
https://www.nairaland.com/6066808/stone-pattern-board-stoning-materials/1#99652592

Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by tiredoflife(m): 9:58am On Mar 09, 2021
QueenSandy:
The nation is sliding gradually into penury

all thanks to the deaf one that keeps taking loans
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by zoedew: 10:21am On Mar 09, 2021
Earning the same pay. Isn’t it about time we cut the pay et al.
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 09, 2021
So all these Lawmakers no get power. Aunty Zainabu dealing with them seriously.

No wonder they dare not invite Buhari

#NoFoodForLazy
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2021
Personally, I'm against any form of remuneration for elected officials. No one forced them to run for post. They are the ones that volunteer to serve the country; as they always remind us at election time.
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by okorogodwin4(m): 10:27am On Mar 09, 2021
Keep deceiving yourselves
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by shedy03(m): 10:29am On Mar 09, 2021
Rubber stamps, they should work from home.
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Brushstrokes20: 10:37am On Mar 09, 2021
execuTHIEVES
legisLOOTERS
JudiSHARING

They're all a bunch of useless, self serving THIEVES!
The shithole is on a cliff edge.

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2021
selfless government indeed
imagine having to get paid before sitting down to discuss national issues
bunch of fools
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Brunicekid(m): 10:57am On Mar 09, 2021
JosephXavier:
It's a good thing if the NASS is made a part-time job since there are no funds for them to perform their jobs

They should all be in their states to mix with the people they represent than staying ion Abuja and be representing your people from there thereby being disconnected from your constituency

It's no different than a governor performing his duties from Abuja

What value have they even added to Nigerian democracy?

A NASS that is always waiting for the president to tell them what to do
I don't flow with that point... In every part of the world, to my best understanding, federal legislators have their sittings in the nation's capital... You can't expect a California Federal Senator to be having sitting in California... The only thing is that they must be visiting their constituency regularly.
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by esthel(f): 10:57am On Mar 09, 2021
Wonderful, please can they stop sitting for ever, they weren't useful before.
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by ofeco: 10:58am On Mar 09, 2021
dre11:
•Threatens mandatory 181 sittings

• Pressure on finance minister fails

https://m.guardian.ng/news/cash-crunch-reduces-national-assemblys-sittings-to-once-a-week/

This is the right time to make legislative duty a part time job so that those politicians can engage in agriculture. When they become the engine of Agricultural revolution in Nigeria, it will be easier for our youths to embrace agriculture which is good for our nation
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Brunicekid(m): 10:58am On Mar 09, 2021
JosephXavier:
It's a good thing if the NASS is made a part-time job since there are no funds for them to perform their jobs

They should all be in their states to mix with the people they represent than staying ion Abuja and be representing your people from there thereby being disconnected from your constituency

It's no different than a governor performing his duties from Abuja

What value have they even added to Nigerian democracy?

A NASS that is always waiting for the president to tell them what to do
I don't flow totally with that point... In every part of the world, to my best understanding, federal legislators have their sittings in the nation's capital... You can't expect a California Federal Senator to be having sitting in California... The only thing is that they must be visiting their constituency regularly.
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by puregoldsusan(f): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2021
angry nonsense, make they come sit Dan DEY swallow money up and down ����
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by justhairs(m): 11:03am On Mar 09, 2021
very funny
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by JosephXavier: 11:03am On Mar 09, 2021
Brunicekid:
I don't flow with that point... In every part of the world, to my best understanding, federal legislators have their sittings in the nation's capital... You can't expect a California Federal Senator to be having sitting in California... The only thing is that they must be visiting their constituency regularly.

Making it part-time will make them to reside in their various constituencies and will only be at Abuja on plenary days while government

It will reduce the cost drastically because government will be paying for only hotel accommodations for those days alone

1 Like

Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by nkemjacob2(m): 11:05am On Mar 09, 2021
We can't afford them. The poor masses are suffering.

I'm not seeing any useful constituency project coming from them that is beneficiary to the people. So that should be do away with
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by emmanuelzi(m): 11:19am On Mar 09, 2021
QueenSandy:

they'll still say he solve the challenges he plunge Nigeria into.
shameless sets of leaders.
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by mechanics(m): 11:32am On Mar 09, 2021
They are pretenders, the money is there.
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by oladele239(m): 11:47am On Mar 09, 2021
THIEVES
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by eMJPossibility(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
You people in both upper and lower chamber should re-sign basic

Call me to order
If I'm not making sense
Thank you
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by tofolo(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
Gandollaar:
What was their achievement when they sat 365 days a year?
I tire, let them be doing it virtually via zoom.... it would save cost angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
They all deserve to be shot for dereliction of duty!!!
dre11:
•Threatens mandatory 181 sittings

• Pressure on finance minister fails

https://m.guardian.ng/news/cash-crunch-reduces-national-assemblys-sittings-to-once-a-week/
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by babsthegreat: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ok sitting abi benefits inko
Re: Cash Crunch Reduces National Assembly’s Sittings To Once A Week by rovher: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2021
QueenSandy:
All cos of their stupid, inconsiderate and selfish reasons ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Civil Society Groups Protest In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity, Naira Swap Issues / Probe Into $500 Million Union Bank Acquisition Widens / "I See Leaders Falling At The Feet Of Women In 2018" - Pastor Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.