Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? (32549 Views)

Best Selling Property, Newly Built And Decent Apartment For Sale / I Need A Neat And Decent Apartment / How Much Can Raise A Decent Room And Parlour Self Contain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by johhbekeboh09: 11:45am On Mar 09, 2021
gbemishile:
hello nairalanders.

I am thinking of getting a decent self contain partment in lagos that is close to my work place. I am currently employed with a salary scale of about a 100k, and for now I have no alternative source of income except my current job which is a govt job. I am just scared I might not be able to sustain the rent cus I only have my salary to depend on for now, and I will still have some other commitments like family etc.

I was thinking of getting a decent one room, like a face me I slap u, till am able to gather my home furnitures, and also try to develop myself in terms of certifications, or learning some IT skills, then I can move to a decent self contain. The only fear is the last time I lived that life was my University days.

Can a salary of 100k sustain an apartment here in Lagos?

Your comments are highly welcome

Where's your work place?
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by olusma23(m): 11:46am On Mar 09, 2021
Ciscogod:
Lagos is very expensive, I earn more than 4times your salary , I still cant afford an apartment close to my office

The more you earn, the more your taste for better things increase....

9 Likes

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Ciscogod(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2021
olusma23:

The more you earn, the more your taste for better things increase....

My office is in Lekki Phase1, To get standard one bedroom, Total package is 2.3m

1 Like

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by BLEMOSEDU: 11:49am On Mar 09, 2021
SmartPolician:
Gbemishile, what part of Lagos is your company located?

That's the best way to start.

Meanwhile, Seun does not want to fix snail-paced Nairaland now.

He probably wants us to dump the site for him like most of us plan to dump Nigeria for Buhari and his minions.

Honestly I thought I'm the only one noticing this slowness of nairaland which has been going on since, why isn't seun trying to fix this, it can get frustrating at times
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by stupidmod3: 11:52am On Mar 09, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Yes.. it is up to you.. all you need do is know your spendings..

You fit put ashawo for road make she dey balance you make you use that one as side hustle for the main time before you learn the IT skill
lol u no well
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Ahasco(m): 11:54am On Mar 09, 2021
SmartPolician:
Gbemishile, what part of Lagos is your company located?

That's the best way to start.

Meanwhile, Seun does not want to fix snail-paced Nairaland now.

He probably wants us to dump the site for him like most of us plan to dump Nigeria for Buhari and his minions.

Point of correction not buhari if you cannot call him jubril call it something else, The l... buhari is somewhere else weeping for us to do the right thing

2 Likes

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 09, 2021
Ciscogod:
Lagos is very expensive, I earn more than 4times your salary , I still cant afford an apartment close to my office

undecided
VILLAGE PEOPLE don come o!!! I chai shocked
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by sojfarm: 11:58am On Mar 09, 2021
gbemishile:
hello nairalanders.

I am thinking of getting a decent self contain partment in lagos that is close to my work place. I am currently employed with a salary scale of about a 100k, and for now I have no alternative source of income except my current job which is a govt job. I am just scared I might not be able to sustain the rent cus I only have my salary to depend on for now, and I will still have some other commitments like family etc.

I was thinking of getting a decent one room, like a face me I slap u, till am able to gather my home furnitures, and also try to develop myself in terms of certifications, or learning some IT skills, then I can move to a decent self contain. The only fear is the last time I lived that life was my University days.

Yes, especially if where you work is not that far to where you want to stay.

Though, I do not where you work is located, but Ikorodu ok for annual income of N1.2m

1 Like

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Alejobs: 11:59am On Mar 09, 2021
Ciscogod:

Hello bro, kindly recommend our laptop powerbank to your colleague in the industry. www.cooldipo.com

Thanks
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Dotman2210(m): 12:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
It depends on location, I earn just slightly above 100k and I stay in a room and parlour self-con with annual rent of 250k

3 Likes

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Ahasco(m): 12:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
Guy use your brain and decide what's best for you, no one can give you any direction better than yourself cos you alone know what's good for you

1 Like

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by gbemishile: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
johhbekeboh09:

Where's your work place?
surulere. was thinking of lawanson or aguda
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by jayinfo2(m): 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
Virus99:
Yes sure.
I was on 85k per month. And I am living in a very good a room and parlour self contain 120k/annum .

Later resigned to goan start my own company cool

Which area in lag do u stay
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
Guy that 100k is something ooo for now. Just be contented with time things will surely fall into place
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by 001spice: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
gbemishile:
hello nairalanders.

You are good to go with a room self contain of 120k per year
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by pozehnani(f): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
RedSquid:
Yes it can

You will be fine. You can get such apartments in many parts of Lagos and 100k monthly will sustain it nice nice. It will even sustain a room self contain apartment. The annual rent for that always ranges between 150 and 220k depending in area, agency fees inclusive. After first year, the annual rent is around 120/150k. Your monthly salary can cover this and you'll be enjoying a good life at it.

Which area in Lagos are you talking of getting a selfcon for 120k? I'm sure not on the mainland cos all I've been getting is 600k, 700k. The least Ive seen so far is 350k and it's not really available. Maybe in ikorodu though and that's a no no for me.

Op, you can get a single room selfcon in a very good area for 350k and I think with 100k you're good to go.

House issue In Lagos especially those central parts of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by jayinfo2(m): 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
gbemishile:

surulere.
was thinking of lawanson or aguda

I stay in lawanson in a room self contain and on a salary of 85k. But it's really not easy with payment of d rent . U have to budget at least 200k per annum for rent, and about 350 for first year payment

4 Likes

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by GSteve001(m): 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
sirblend:
If you work at Lekki you can get a room and parlor around Sangotedo axis for 200-300k.
with agent fees?
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by SmartPolician: 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ahasco:

Point of correction not buhari if you cannot call him jubril call it something else, The l... buhari is somewhere else weeping for us to do the right thing

Video of him crying or addonbeliv smiley smiley wink
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
First of all government jobs are secured...especially federal government job and your promotion is sure ...the salary comes at the appropriate time ...but that doesn't mean you should be comfortable.....because government jobs dey lead to poverty if you are comfortable with it...get more certification and develop yourself
So if you want to go for self contain ..then I support
And always try to differentiate your needs from your want...and don't think because you got a nice apartment....then ngozi or Sandra can pack her things and join you without her doing anything to bring money...if you try that shit...I bet you Ngonzi will get pregnant and una go begin born children....na so una poverty go start....the poverty go tie wrapper and gele

Face me I slap you kind of Apartment is not what you should settle for....

Ogbeni..I still dey try small small...nor be say I brilliant like that.....I dey dull finish sometimes
Omo this is the wisest speech have ever heard from our damn Nigga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Engrgreg231(m): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Why not
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by tiredoflife(m): 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
Distance to work place is key
But I know somewhere btw ikotun and back of abule ado
100k should get you a good place in that area
The light is good
The road is ok
And it's not far from major areas

1 Like

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by tiredoflife(m): 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
pozehnani:

Which area in Lagos are you talking of getting a selfcon for 120k? I'm sure not on the mainland cos all I've been getting is 600k, 700k. The least Ive seen so far is 350k and it's not really available. Maybe in ikorodu though and that's a no no for me.

Op, you can get a single room selfcon in a very good area for 350k and I think with 100k you're good to go.

Oga u will see behind abule ado

From abule ado bus stop take bike to pako
At the swamp u will cross where soldiers are stationed for 50naira
Once u cross to the other side
The rent there are very cheap
U will get a room and parlour self con for 120k to 150k
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Ahasco(m): 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
SmartPolician:

Video of him crying or addonbeliv smiley smiley wink

I can only show you
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by Komu1048(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2021
malcom1X:
Salary this, salary that, baba go farm.

This are the type of people that chase people to farming. If you don't have enough money to invest don't go to farming it's not for broke people

3 Likes

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by themes009(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
Yes but remove the word decent

2 Likes

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by pozehnani(f): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
tiredoflife:

Oga u will see behind abule ado

From abule ado bus stop take bike to pako
At the swamp u will cross where soldiers are stationed for 50naira
Once u cross to the other side
The rent there are very cheap
U will get a room and parlour self con for 120k to 150k

Waaat?? Where's that? Never been to that area and do not wish to go there. Not even in my dreams.

Thank you.

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by RedSquid: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2021
pozehnani:

You be woman, I be man. Levels must seperate us, what I know will take you years to search out. It's just about what makes a man, thick

350k. You want to kill him. Stop judging things by the standard in your area.

He will get single room self in Lawanson, Ojuelegba, Ogba, Ojota, Ketu, Ogba, Ijesha, Aguda for 150/180k/200k per annum. Fact

I stay in a decent tooth 2 bedroom flat. If Nairalanders know such places exist this part of my area will be flooded

I have 24 hours water

All tiled apartment.

. Motor able roads. Everything I need. So I know what I mean when I talk about housing.
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by SGANIVA(m): 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2021
brother don't settle for less , trust me with your age you won't enjoy any thing in face me I face you house , there is decent house of 150 to 250k 'a room and parlor rent every where in Lagos . calm down don't rush and you will get what you want . also consider the cost of transportation .

you can get at ikeja,mile12 ,orile ,ketu,ojota,ojuelegba.
check kpako aguda surulele,ebute emeta
with 100k salary you should be living in a decent apartment in Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by hybridblood07(m): 12:47pm On Mar 09, 2021
The location of where you live for 120k?
Virus99:
Yes sure.
I was on 85k per month. And I am living in a very good a room and parlour self contain 120k/annum .

Later resigned to goan start my own company cool
Re: Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? by chloride6: 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2021
Yes but not in high brow areas...

Look towards Ikotun etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Many Rooms Can A 40x50 Plot Of Land Contain? / Every Nigerian Must Own House In 3 Years – FG / Different Types Of Land Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.