Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project (23589 Views)

E-Naira: Pictures As President Buhari Launches E-Currency In State House Abuja / FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th / Nnamdi Kanu Launches ‘Eastern Security Network’ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by lastempero: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
So south east good for renovation shocked other region dey get new dual gauge n our na renovation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by FEGNO: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Narrow gauge? In 2021. Why this kind of wickedness on the South East?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by plaindealer: 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
[s]
BKayy:

Counter with facts, proofs and evidences not archaic insults and gibberish.
Question 1, why use two different rail lines for the project?
Question 2, why using the outdated rail line for SE and modern rail line for North?
[/s]

The question is, how come for so many decades, previous administrations including the PDP that the SE willingly and foolishly dashed their votes, not a single project was commissioned in the SE, no 2nd NB, no rail projects, no roads, no bridges, not even 1 single gutter and definitely not any rail project new or rehabilitated.

Answer that and maybe I'll pay you attention even against my best judgment because you are a troll and sadly too ignorant for your own goood.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by OreMI22: 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
Even the biggest F00l in the world knows this is just a silly SCAM to make it appear like the part of the country abandoned in the national railway plan was not actually abandoned!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ikpongiton:
so that it will derail easily, for Southerners to perish.but God is on our side

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by BKayy: 4:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
plaindealer:
[s][/s]

The question is, how come for so many decades, previous administrations including the PDP that the SE willingly and foolishly dashed their votes, not a single project was commissioned in the SE, no 2nd NB, no rail projects, no roads, no bridges, not even 1 single gutter and definitely not any rail project new or rehabilitated.

Answer that and maybe I'll pay you attention even against my best judgment because you are a troll and sadly too ignorant for your own goood.
Both PDP and APC are the same.
I am talking about the scam you are waving on our faces and you are talking party. Do I sound like a Yoruba man to you?
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by plaindealer: 4:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
The funniest thing about these ungrateful bigots is even if Jesus drops down from heaven to build the best projects and railway in the world to benefit them, they'll still lash out at Jesus and ask him how come the sky that railway is built on the ground instead of floating in the air... grin grin grin grin

Thank God PMB is looking over your hatred and bitterness and is instead doing what's best for Nigeria and humanity, something your own useless leaders couldn't even do for you..

God Bless PMB, the most accomplished president in the history of Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by plaindealer: 4:32pm On Mar 09, 2021
BKayy:

Both PDP and APC are the same.
I am talking about the scam you are waving on our faces and you are talking party. Do I sound like a Yoruba man to you?

PDP did not build or commission any project in the SE.

APC already built and commissioned several projects in the SE.

APC completed and commissioned the ZIK mausoleum that the PDP abandoned for 26 years.

Your brain is even dead on arrival..

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by BKayy: 4:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
plaindealer:

PDP did not build or commission any project in the SE.

APC already built and commissioned several projects in the SE.

APC completed and commissioned the ZIK mausoleum that the PDP abandoned for 26 years.

Your brain is even dead on arrival..

grin grin grin

You seriously want to argue party politics with me when I've already told you I'm not Yoruba.
Tell me why they are constructing outdated cargo rail from East to North and passenger rail in the North?
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Rossikk(m): 4:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
BKayy:

Tell me why they are constructing outdated cargo rail from East to North and passenger rail in the North?

Lying demon. Your demonic lies borne of ethnic hate are leading you to hell.
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2021
pandax:

We are 21 years into the 21st century and 90% of all the countries you mentioned were old economies that built the narrow gauges in mid 20th century like Nigeria and none will today given the development in technology opt for narrow gauge.

Kindly tell me the reason(s) why FG is replacing narrow gauges in NW & SW with standard gauges?. Do we have more mountains in SS/SE compared to NW/SW?. This nation can never work if we are not all treated as equals

Tell FG or whoever that is sponsoring you that my people said NO to narrow gauges in our cities in 21st century. I would want to reside in Aba and get to work in PH in 15mins max and not 6 hours as recently obtainable with narrow gauge

This railway threads are hilarious! grin grin grin

I can just picture you travelling from Aba to PH in one of those rehabilitated but antiquated eastern rail coaches....gasping for oxygen in the hot and smoke filled coach, while swatting away pesky flies that want to perch on your opened bottle of coca-cola and half-eaten meat pie! You eventually arrive PH after a 6 hour journey, and fall out of the train....all sweaty and aching, and feeling like you’ve just done 12 rounds in the ring with Anthony Joshua! shocked

Then i pan over to view the spanking new high-speed western rail.....with its air-conditioned coaches and comfy seats! This is where i see Taju and his Fulani friend Isa, travelling in style from Lagos to Kaduna for APC meeting! The only problem facing them is what choice to make from the ala-carte menu presented to them by the steward! cheesy

Two contrasting situations in one ‘one Nigeria’! grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Rossikk(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

This railway threads are hilarious! grin grin grin

I can just picture you travelling from Aba to PH in one of those rehabilitated but antiquated eastern rail coaches....gasping for oxygen in the hot and smoke filled coach, while swatting away pesky flies that want to perch on your opened bottle of coca-cola and half-eaten meat pie!

Then i pan over to view the spanking new high-speed western rail.....with its air-conditioned coaches and comfy seats! This is where i see Taju and his Fulani friend Isa, travelling in style from Lagos to Kaduna for APC meeting! The only problem facing them is what choice to make from the ala-carte menu presented to them by the steward! cheesy

Two contrasting situations in one ‘one Nigeria’! grin

Another smiling, demonic liar. Your smilies do not disguise your evil, lying, demonic personality built on hatred and deception.
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by tnerro1(m): 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2021
P1PrinceKT:

Your comment is based on religious line.

Please explain, religious line cause Amaechi is not working ( even if the loan he is borrowing to work has been proven as more than the usual for the same type of work in other places )or the NIN minister that keeps contradicting himself and stressing Nigerians?
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2021
Rossikk:

Another smiling, demonic liar. Your smilies do not disguise your evil, lying, demonic personality built on hatred and deception.

Calm down mate! We’re just catching fun aren’t we!? smiley
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by plaindealer: 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
BKayy:

You seriously want to argue party politics with me when I've already told you I'm not Yoruba.

Who or what you make no difference to me and it doesn't alter the fact that you are ignorant, clueless and bigoted.

APC and PDP are not the same.

APC is building and commissioning projects in the SE, PDP did not build or commission 1 inch of gutter in the SE.
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Cryptomillion: 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Oh
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Horlufemi(m): 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2021
SE should reject this. They will send Fulani herdsmen by rail to SE grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Okoroawusa: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2021
I Love PMB
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Emperor002: 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2021
Whois:
May your days be long
Greetings i hear u
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by pandax: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2021
plaindealer:

Who or what you make no difference to me and it doesn't alter the fact that you are ignorant, clueless and bigoted.

APC and PDP are not the same.

APC is building and commissioning projects in the SE, PDP did not build or commission 1 inch of gutter in the SE.

We appreciate 2NB(even though it will be tolled), we appreciate ongoing Enugu/Onitsha Expressway reconstruction, we appreciate PH/Enugu Highway reconstruction, we appreciate functional Onne Port

we will appreciate a functional Onitsha River Port, we will appreciate Oba/Nnewi/Okigwe Road reconstruction, we will appreciate Aba/Ikot Ekpene Road Reconstruction ditto Umuahia/Ikot Ekpene Road reconstruction, we will appreciate Owerri/Aba Road dualization ditto completion of Owerri/PH Road dualization, we will appreciate the planned green road from Onne through Afam/Akwette/Obehie to Obinze. We will appreciate Enugu/Makurdi Road dualization

Even though, I lean more towards PDP, I will say thank you to APC, Fashola, Amaechi and Buhari, but we will not ACCEPT narrow gauge lines in our cities; Amaechi please consult widely; this is one of the situations were half-bread is not better than chin-chin and atall atall is not worse as we say in our parlance.

Buhari please do not do it ooo, by 2023, we will borrow money to do standard gauge and all of us will pay the debt

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by plaindealer: 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
pandax:

We appreciate 2NB(even though it will be tolled), we appreciate ongoing Enugu/Onitsha Expressway reconstruction, we appreciate PH/Enugu Highway reconstruction, we appreciate functional Onne Port

we will appreciate a functional Onitsha River Port, we will appreciate Oba/Nnewi/Okigwe Road reconstruction, we will appreciate Aba/Ikot Ekpene Road Reconstruction ditto Umuahia/Ikot Ekpene Road reconstruction, we will appreciate Owerri/Aba Road dualization ditto completion of Owerri/PH Road dualization, we will appreciate the planned green road from Onne through Afam/Akwette/Obehie to Obinze. We will appreciate Enugu/Makurdi Road dualization

Even though, I lean more towards PDP, I will say thank you to APC, Fashola, Amaechi and Buhari, but we will not ACCEPT narrow gauge lines in our cities; Amaechi please consult widely; this is one of the situations were half-bread is not better than chin-chin and atall atall is not worse as we say in our parlance.

Buhari please do not do it ooo, by 2023, we will borrow money to do standard gauge and all of will pay the debt

Olusoji said that with the ongoing transformation of railways across the country, arrangements were on for the commencement of standard gauge rail line from Port-Harcourt, through Aba, Umuahia, Enugu and up to Maiduguri.

https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=6451130&post=99746397

I don't know where many of you are sourcing your info from, but according to the government and the Railway District Manager (RDM) (East), the government is commencing standard gauge rail line from Port-Harcourt, through Aba, Umuahia, Enugu and up to Maiduguri.

What's done with ease in other parts of the country is always contentious, divisive, difficult, and controversial in the SE always because of paranoia, misinformation, hatred, bitterness, tribalism, and anti-government sentiments regardless of facts or the government's true and honest intentions.

It's really sad how that part of the country sees everything from such self distructive and antagonistic prisms.
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by onuman: 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
[quote author=Kinematics post=99742773][/quote]

Your signboard is self serving. When do we have Yoruba cities in Kwara and Kogi states as WestNorth?
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Kinematics: 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
onuman:

Your signboard is self serving. When do we have Yoruba cities in Kwara and Kogi states as WestNorth?

Whats my business with afonja?
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by earleswood(f): 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
Who is this slowpoke that keeps using the offensive word of "niggarr". Does it make you sound informed. Does it lessen your misery in your face-me-I-face-you in Ajegunle. Go get a life, dolt!

[color=#990000][/color]
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...

It looks like this administration is set to embark on a peregrination of developmentalism
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Deadlytruth(m): 8:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
SmartPolician:

In Nigeria, there's a way they check geopolitical terms.

There's South East and South South.

However, "Eastern" means the two regions, probably because there's no cardinal point like South South (it was a political creation).

For example, eastern ports mean the ports in Rivers, Delta and Cross River.

You have been peddling this narrative.
First and foremost the regions are geopolitical and not geographical hence your rhetorical question of whether there is a cardinal direction called South South is actually a search for political correctness on your part. In the US there is a region known as Midwest and another known as New England. If we are to follow your argument then Americans in those regions of divide and rule but by who?
Secondly, I thought I have heard lots of your brothers argue here and in many other platforms that the present geopolitical regions was originally the idea of Alex Ekweme amidst glowing credits to the man? Is Alex Ekweme now a Northerner since you claim the North created the regions for divide and rule politics?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Olatomiwami(m): 6:35am On Mar 10, 2021
BKayy:

You think you can lie in Public and go Scott free. It moves from Port Harcourt through the lonely bushes of SE to Maiduguri. A good way for them to import Bandits.
Upload the map of the railway not talk

Bush of SE, who do una like this? So u want your houses to b demolished for train lines? Ignorance and hatred is a disease.
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Olatomiwami(m): 6:39am On Mar 10, 2021
SammyChi1988:
Abeg, we need Biafra biko. We are tired of Nigeria....

Enough of this noise, call your people all over the federation back home and declare Biafra, is then u will understand that is only riffraff among u that cares about Biafra, let's see who will leave his biz and follow the call, try it, nobody cares about u guys leaving Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Fantacy4(m): 7:09am On Mar 10, 2021
BKayy:
You people like linking SE and Ndigbo to a project that doesn't concern them.

They are building a railway from Port Harcourt (SS) to Maiduguri(NE) and you are calling it Eastern project. What concerns us with port Harcourt, Maiduguri and Shekau?
these rail line have always been there even up till nw it an old rail line that is about Tobe modernized
Re: Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
Fantacy4:

these rail line have always been there even up till nw it an old rail line that is about Tobe modernized
must the modernization take place in form of guage definite modernization

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NJC Concludes Probe Of Onnoghen, Ibrahim Muhammad Silent On Findings / Fatuhu Muhammadu, 7 Others Lose APC Rep Return ticket In Katsina / Why We Opposed Ayu’s Sack, Discarded Wike’s Option — Atiku's Campaign Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.