Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,228 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion (24593 Views)

Nigerian Fintech Firm Flutterwave Raises $35M / Flutterwave Raises $35M In Series B Funding / Flutterwave Is Y Combinator’s Most valuable African Comp, Valued At $150M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Salewa97: 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nokio1:

As a Plateau man I will ask you to be careful not to come back as Papa Ajasco instead of Billions you will just be shouting..ojibijibijibi

Lol.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Salewa97: 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
BSdetector:

Cope and eat sh!t, you're clearly pained..... except the Yoruba guy wants to go into drug business that's only when he connects with an Igbo urchin...check most of those Yoruba techbros they hardly have flatin0s as partners.

You are 100% right.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Newton85: 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

Please which black scientist's law did you learn in secondary school alongside faradays law and ohms law??

It was the white man that laid the foundation of modern maths science and technology - Fourier, Laplace, Einstein etc while the black man was busy having sex, kidnapping themselves and living in mud huts.

Any "contributions" of black ppl today is just applied science.

The professors that should be researching and discovering are doing sex for marks lol
Well, I'm not so sure the white supremacists and "race realists" you're so in love with will regard Einstein as "white" though.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Newton85: 12:19am On Mar 11, 2021
BigBashiru:

You talk in general terms - mention specific inventions of African blacks not those that have gone to a white built USA and have English sounding names like Loius Lafayette

Tell me an invention by Obinna Amadi or Olutola Kehinde in atomic physics... there's none they just wanna make moni be rich and carry girls.
Do you see yourself as genetically inferior to a white person?
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Newton85: 12:21am On Mar 11, 2021
BigBashiru:

And what did they achieve. Name and achievement pls. Not those in America with English names. An African black who.made an invention while in Africa
Oh, the black scientist has to be an "African black" for them to be a black scientist? Lol, smh.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Newton85: 12:27am On Mar 11, 2021
djon78:

Then what of countries like Singapore, Malaysia even Thailand that has the same weather as African but they have improved themselves to be respected nations

All these are excuses to me

It's more of a deficiency in collective group thinking and deficiency in high level thinking

Which black African tribe had a written language?
Many other ethnicities had written languages dated thousands of years
Hebrew, Arabic, Latin, Indian, Chinese and other Asian countries all had form of written languages

They had renowned scholars, ideologists and deep think tanks dating thousands of years

To organize a successful, progressive nation, which nation you will point out in black Africa?

There are lots of anomalies, but waking up to know your problem is the turning point, but how many have woken up to such in this continent?

I was reading recently, last week precisely that percentage of Africas participation in the global trade is just 2.2percent and when you remove North Africa that has 0.7 percent then the entire sub Saharan African nations contribute 1.5 percent of the global trade

There are lots of anomalies and until a people wake up to the challenges ahead nothing

But hopefully there is hope for Africa
More young Africans are getting educated unlike before. And when these educated ones begin to ask questions
When they begin to think outside the box, then the tide will change

But the black man must wake up to tackle the challenges affecting Him.
Did the English, Dutch, Norwegians, Germans etc have "written languages"?
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by Newton85: 12:31am On Mar 11, 2021
Kennyking1234:
Technically the Igbo's had written characters. It called "Nsibidi".

Ejagham people own/owned Nsibidi. Igbos only adopted it.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by SaintBeehot(m): 5:51am On Mar 11, 2021
justosee:

but Yoruba did captured slaves and those slaves could be your parents.
Secondly, Fulani captured Ilorin
Sorry but I'm a bonafide son of Ile ife Osun state.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by maxell(f): 10:27am On Mar 12, 2021
NobleRace:

Yes. It's because the Yoruba culture forbids such.

A wise saying in Yoruba land says "Ti isu ẹní bá ta, a a f'owo bo ní." Meaning if your yam tubers grow really big, you simply hide it.

And it is this wisdom that helps sustain their success since time immemorial wink

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by authority2006(m): 10:31am On Mar 14, 2021
NiceMen:

Before I will even engage you... Answer this: Do you have a business/company that you operate in Nigeria? If yes, how has Buhari's policies affected you? If no, then fork off... if silent, double fork off...

I have a business that is doing well. Do you have any business? How has Buhari's policy of ban of some imports affected your business? Or, are you an importer? Remember that Covid-19 also played major devastating role. Now, fvck off
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by NiceMen: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
authority2006:

I have a business that is doing well. Do you have any business? How has Buhari's policy of ban of some imports affected your business? Or, are you an importer? Remember that Covid-19 also played major devastating role. Now, fvck off
I don't know anyone who runs a business and love buhari's policies that is killing businesses... u are probably lying!
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by authority2006(m): 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
NiceMen:
I don't know anyone who runs a business and love buhari's policies that is killing businesses...

That's why I asked you the kind of business you are doing and how Buhari's economic policy had negatively affected you. But you failed to answer that question.

u are probably lying!

Yes, because that lie puts food on my table and pays my children's school fees.
Re: Flutterwave Raises $170 Million, now Valued at Over $1 Billion by NiceMen: 4:49pm On Feb 16, 2022
mike8804:
I take these kind of silent achievers as my mentors. In other news this what we call business not 2by2 shops owners claiming billionaires. We have countless Yoruba silent billionaires but you will never hear them making noise like our brothers from the east....that's what will call omo oluwa bi(odu to bi iwa)
lol.. This is the problem with you. Whether you accept this or not, as far as Nigeria is concerned, OFFLINE BUSINESS still controls 80% of the money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion / Fire Outbreak At Kara Market On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / CBN To Pump More Cash Into Circulation Today - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.