Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Traditional Marriage List In Anambra - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Marriage List In Anambra (55258 Views)

Marriage List In Okposi, Ebonyi State. / Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips / Traditional Marriage Rites Ceremony Of Umudioka Town, Dunukofia Lga Of Anambra S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by BarrElChapo(m): 11:48am On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:
We are Igbos, We don't sell our daughters.

God bless Ndigbo!

No I'm igbo but some parts sell their daughters
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by BarrElChapo(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2021
valembay:
Try ebonyi u go knw say Anambra they learn work

Ebonyi needs development so they have to make concessions grin

Na joke o

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by cremedelacreme: 11:54am On Mar 10, 2021
JustCruise:
Welcome to obosi ukwula obosi dike. Marrying from obosi is a decision you won't regret. Greet ojiazu for me.

Ojiazu ka obu abadagu grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by dinggle: 11:55am On Mar 10, 2021
Annoyingly they also added "two packets of cigarette" call it what it is juju for native gods and some people will call hungry family culture,
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by kingsavage: 11:58am On Mar 10, 2021
AFONJACOW:
Proudly Okpara idemiri , we don't sale our daughter
who ask you?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by tamunobello: 11:59am On Mar 10, 2021
I can't believe it
Ujahson85:
Before going to the East for my marriage introduction, I was skeptic because of what people do say about marriage in the East(Igbo land). But to my surprise the list giving to me was far from what people do say. Their marriage also wasn't as expensive as some part of Benue state where I came from. I was giving 3 list to choose from one or the one that is best for me.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Collins4u1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
longetivity:
are you sure it's from Anambra

Obosi idemili South LGa

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by EdoAirline: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Which one is requirement for born again Christians only??

All this stress just to own a pussy??

Now that the world is thriving towards gender equality.. I think they should start groom price as well

One love brother.....

The All this stress just to own a pussy really got me
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Gloriagee(f): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
For those who dont drink or gift alcohol. Learning never ends, u know....

Bornsinner7:
Which one is requirement for born again Christians only??

All this stress just to own a pussy??

Now that the world is thriving towards gender equality.. I think they should start groom price as well

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by BarrElChapo(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Akaegwu:
The list is for ịgba nkwụ alone.
Ịgba nkwụ is the last phase of the traditional marriage.

What other stages are there ? undecided
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Shaev7(m): 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
My only issue with that list is the "Born Again Christian."
Not necessary. Its just an addendum.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by innobarca(m): 12:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
Queenlovely:
Have you seen a marriage list from Imo state?

Don't Generalize, If you see marriage list from Ukwuzu you go bend. When the family is poor, they want to sell their daughter.

But when they are well to do, they will do the right thing,

Op, how many brothers does your woman have?, are they rich?,

is she the last born? Are her parents rich?

These are the factors, it's not a fixed variable. it is constantly changing.

I am from imo state.
It is not about the state.... Its about the local government, village, kindred.

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Paretomaster1(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:

TAH! Who sell daughters more than Igbo?...

God bless Ndigbo!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by captainamiedi1: 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
Im still scared to collect list for my girlfriend. Her father said its 4 paper. i am really scared. Anybody with idea of how Abia marriage list looks like?? I need to wrapper these things up these year
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
Which one is Nkwu enu and Ngwo again?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by JustCruise(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
cremedelacreme :
Ojiazu ka obu abadagu

Mba, Abadagu ( abadanweze) bu umuota,Mmakwu bu Ojiazu.
Abu onye umuota (umuezeagu) mana buru ogo na Mmakwu.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by emonis88: 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
post=99763359:
The critical aspect of marital rite is bride price and it is one thing that is widely acceptable to solidify marriage.
Bride price varies from tribe to tribe and it depends on the custom and tradition of each family.
Some people believe that it is a way to safeguard marriage while others believe, it is a way of selling their children especially the girls cheaply.
But, whatever the case maybe.
It is expected of both families to take rightful steps and decisions when their children are proposing to marry.

Here is a A TYPICAL MARRIAGE LIST IN IGBO LAND.
YORUBAS, do have their list also,
But we are not so sure of the HAUSAS.
Can any Hausas here tell us if you have anything like Bride Price/Marriage List OR what your Bride Price looks like?
Thanks in anticipation.

Ego maternity -N- 1,000
Body cream: lux soap; big towel, 1 each
Ego ogo cherem - 50,000
Yams 20 tubers
Snails 20
Okporoko (stockfish) 1 big tray
For the ngwa efere
Yams 40 pieces
Okporoko - 2
Ukwa anu ewu - 2
Morning rose powder - 24
Pomade - 20
Sugar - 10 packets
Ovaltine - 2 big size
Bar soap - 1 carton
Tablet soap - 1 carton
Tin milk - 1 carton
Bread - 24 loaves
Salt - 2 bags
Rice - 1 bag
Tomatoes tin - 1 carton
Red (palm)oil - 1 tin
Groundnut oil - 1 rubber
Kerosene - 1 tin
Maltina drink - 2 cartons
Soft drink - 6 crates
Onions - 40 bulbs
Ego ala abo - -N- 10,000
Ego nfotu ite - -N- 1000
Big basin - 2
Big umbrella - 2
George material - 2 pieces
Hollandis material - 2 pieces
Blouse material - 2 pieces
Head ties - 2
Wrist watch - 1
shoes - 2 pairs
Big box - 1
Lamp - 1
Hand bag - 1
Nigerian wax - 1 piece
Gold necklace and ear ring - 1 piece
MARRIAGE LIST FOR UMUADA
Section A
8 Kola nuts or cost price
8 Gallons of palm wine or cash equivalent
8 heads of tobacco with potash
1 Goat for umunna
2 Crates of minerals
1 Carton of maltina
2 Cartons of star beer
1 Carton of Guinness small stout
8 Packets of Benson and Hedges
2 Bottles of Ground snuff
Lump sum (ogwe ego) - -N- 2,000
2 Bottles of seaman's schnapps
Section B
Kola nuts or cash equivalent
20 Gallons of palm wine or cash equivalent
2 Crates of minerals
2 cartons of maltina
2 cartons of Guinness small stout
10 cartons of star beer
One roll of Benson and Hedges
12 Heads of tobacco with potash
4 bottles of seaman's schnapps
4 bottles of ground snuff
Ego ala ezi - -N-1,500
Officers money - -N-1,000
SECTION C
32 kola nuts or cost price
30 gallons of palmwine or cost price
2 crates of minerals
2 cartons of maltina
2 cartons of Guinness small stout
10 crates of Star beer
Two rolls of Benson and Hedges
32 Heads of tobacco

And some lists come in 3 to 4 pages of higher education paper, it all depends.

Really?
Are you married now or still planning towards it?

We are sure he is not pretending.
Not the same list to all men.
It all depends.

Lol cheesy
Chief SEGLIZ,
That list is only for the strong men with good jobs for hand o.
Not for just anybody.
We can testify to that first hand.
Real Igbo men don't complain and they can go over and beyond for them babes.
Madam Ngo of [color=#006600][/color] is just smiling here sheepishly!
She knows what's up!
y didn't u put up d Yoruba list so dat those of us dat want to marry from d southwest il know what to expect?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by mechanics(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
Wow, not that expensive o, unlike Akwa Ibom.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by mechanics(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
Juliusmalema:

The list alone is hyper normal and easy to fulfill.....That's how marriage list should be.

The list is standard, good and inorder, any man who can't provide such things is not fit for marriage and should be rejected

hmmmmm
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by LZAA: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
Oga marry from your tribe
What is with this igbo fascination undecided
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by SEGLIZ: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
emonis88:

y didn't u put up d Yoruba list so dat those of us dat want to marry from d southwest il know what to expect?

for the south west, first on the list go learn how to prostrate very well.
that alone might disqualify you, if you end up marrying their daughter you will be tagged an arrogant in-law which might keep working against you, even that you're good person.
secondly don't be pompous with or towards your Yoruba in-laws even the smallest. if you are good mannered you've warm your way though the heart of a Yoruba in-laws.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by holywind(m): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
samwillyco1:

You will still spend a lot on other things, the bride price list is not there for your information
we don't have list for bride price, when its time for that, it is negotiated, they may just call #50k and you may price like #500, at the end, you may just have to pay #2k, out of that #2k, some family will take#500 and give you back #1500 and some will take #100 and give you back #1900, thats how it is done in my place.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by IDENNAA(m): 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
Bouz:
Imo, mbaise precisely is the worst. That list is somehow looking expensive to me o! Am surprise some people above me are saying it's cheap cry, Abeg where una dey see this money naw. i will like to see too sad

You aren't ready for marriage it seems because if you can't afford a basic requirement how do you plan to care for your family.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Ingleesh: 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Come Imo state
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by theFilmtric: 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
jrupa:
Fair list.

Insha Allah no matter the price, bride price no go ever dey too expensive for us. We go pay with joy
$200 billion tongue

theFilmtricsay
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by LaJoe2: 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:

God bless Ndigbo!
Apparently they do in Imo state
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
post=99763359:

Can any Hausas here tell us if you have anything like Bride Price/Marriage List OR what your Bride Price looks like?
Thanks in anticipation.

Getting married to northerners is very comfortable and It depends on Tribe or Ethnic
Those who have less burden are the Southern Kaduna, Plateau, Nassarawa and other related tribe (Christian to be precise). With 50k-70k you will settle the Bride Price/Marriage List stuff. Their tradition requires that the Parent or Bride family do send-forth for their daughter which also dub as Traditional Marriage and Expenses will be carried by the same Bride's family. After this Marriage is secure, if like you go for church wedding otherwise keep your wife. But most still prefer to go for church wedding.

On the Northern Muslim side, nothing like the bride like Marriage list and the bride herself will state how much she want as Bride Price. There have being some case ladies asking for as much as N5k. The good side of Northern Marriage is that the bride family will make sure their daughter have everything she need such as TV set, Cooking utensils, King-size bed, etc. If the husband doesn't have these, bride's family will buy the ones they can afford.

On the Fulani's side, the civilized one still follow the above, but the local or transitional ones somehow include cow transaction

The details above is not 100% reliable, they what i have seen

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by victorazy(m): 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ujahson85:
Before going to the East for my marriage introduction, I was skeptic because of what people do say about marriage in the East(Igbo land). But to my surprise the list giving to me was far from what people do say. Their marriage also wasn't as expensive as some part of Benue state where I came from. I was giving 3 list to choose from one or the one that is best for me.

Yep!
My wife is from Anabra, a graduate. I only spent N110k for all these.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Lovelyn451(f): 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
what you've been hearing is from imo state, especially that mbaise, very stupid people, if they come to marry in your place they'll negotiate the hell out of you, but go to their place they'll want
to rob you especially if they see anambra man...
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by jrupa(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
theFilmtric:

$200 billion tongue

theFilmtricsay
Even if E pass self shaking no go dey.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by ASUNDER: 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
Marriage is a scam. Do not marry anybody guys. We are in the baby mama generation. Do not sign your life away to the government!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zainab Ibrahim Sarkin Gobir Adiya Making Waves In United Kingdom. Photos / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe / Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Ritual Rites Before Entering Ado-Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.