Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Traditional Marriage List In Anambra - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Marriage List In Anambra (55234 Views)

Marriage List In Okposi, Ebonyi State. / Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips / Traditional Marriage Rites Ceremony Of Umudioka Town, Dunukofia Lga Of Anambra S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by vickydevoka(m): 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:
We are Igbos, We don't sell our daughters.

God bless Ndigbo!
U lie. Anambra not imo
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by theFilmtric: 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
jrupa:
Even if E pass self shaking no go dey.
even Jeff bezos sef no get that kin money cheesy
Where you wan see am?
On top woman?? shocked
I crase??

theFilmtricsay
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

You aren't ready for marriage it seems because if you can't afford a basic requirement how do you plan to care for your family.
Basic requirement? Hmm. we are our problems in this country. undecided
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Sulaimon123(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
That is why your daughter clock 40-45 before they see husband, you can continue with high list stupid and idiotic people.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by woleabayo(f): 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
if this is how all ibo people traditional marriage looks like i marry from the east
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by jrupa(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
theFilmtric:

even Jeff bezos sef no get that kin money cheesy
Where you wan see am?
On top woman?? shocked
I crase??

theFilmtricsay
No be just "on top Woman", on top my Wife.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by theFilmtric: 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
jrupa:
No be just "on top Woman", on top my Wife.
undecided your wife n a man? cheesy grin wink

theFilmtricsay
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by MASCOTECH: 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
That list is incomplete. There is always list of items for the father,mother, the youths etc. Is marriage rites and ceremonies all about drinks?. what of food, meat music etc involved in the Igba Nkwu ceremony?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by EbenezerTriumph: 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ujahson85:
Before going to the East for my marriage introduction, I was skeptic because of what people do say about marriage in the East(Igbo land). But to my surprise the list giving to me was far from what people do say. Their marriage also wasn't as expensive as some part of Benue state where I came from. I was giving 3 list to choose from one or the one that is best for me.
them even gree make you marry their daughter.
Anambra people hardly release their daughters to marry outsiders.
ndi anyii mama sii
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by EbenezerTriumph: 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:

U saw "Obosi" there but still went ahead to ask such stewpid question. No, it's from Osun state.
he is lucky because Anambra people hardly release their daughter for marriage to outsiders.
ndi anyi mama asii
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by tabisegroup(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
adadike:
Anambra marriage list is one of the best in this country
But how about the lifestyle of their daughters /women?
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Nmezor(f): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kool list...its similar to Enugwu - Ukwu/ Nimo lists
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by jrupa(m): 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
theFilmtric:

undecided your wife n a man? cheesy grin wink

theFilmtricsay
Na you know wetin you dey talk oh
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by IhateInjustice(f): 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Which one is requirement for born again Christians only??

All this stress just to own a pussy??

Now that the world is thriving towards gender equality.. I think they should start groom price as well

Yeah, the kids will also bear the woman's name.

The man will share in the pregnancy too undecided
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by EUEA: 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
for my side ehn bride price na 30 thousand o any hw wey u get money rich dem na dey change hem o.any ways nt bad o
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by adadike(f): 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kinematics:

How many marriage lists from the over 200 tribes in this country have you seen before making this conclusion?
Kai! I said one of the best, some others are also on the line
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Kinematics: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
adadike:
Kai! I said one of the best, some others are also on the line

For you to make that claim it means you must have sampled atleast 70% of marriage list from all tribes in Nigeria.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Cashify: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
Only Yorubas don’t sell daughters
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by obailala(m): 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ujahson85:
Before going to the East for my marriage introduction, I was skeptic because of what people do say about marriage in the East(Igbo land). But to my surprise the list giving to me was far from what people do say. Their marriage also wasn't as expensive as some part of Benue state where I came from. I was giving 3 list to choose from one or the one that is best for me.
There isnt a general rule to marriage lists. One tiny community might have their list running into millions; the next community less than 15mins drive away would have a list which N50k would fulfil. Even within community level, it depends on the family; family 'A' might cut your neck with costs but family 'B' (both neighbours within same village) would give you their daughter literally for free. Lastly, in most places, marriage lists vary depending on how wealthy they perceive the suitor to be. So if you like, drive to your in-law's place in a G-Wagon; you will probably get a commensurate list.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by CalmElder(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
My friend, also from Benue state, was given a similar list. The wife is from Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by emonis88: 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
SEGLIZ:

for the south west, first on the list go learn how to prostrate very well.
that alone might disqualify you, if you end up marrying their daughter you will be tagged an arrogant in-law which might keep working against you, even that you're good person.
secondly don't be pompous with or towards your Yoruba in-laws even the smallest. if you are good mannered you've warm your way though the heart of a Yoruba in-laws.
So if I want to marry from d south west all I ve to do is to prostrate n be of good Manners, I go get wife without spending a dime. I go, go marry Yoruba woman o!
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by poseidon12: 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
longetivity:
are you sure it's from Anambra

Of course it's from Anambra. All communities in Anambra have streamlined their marriage requirements to make it less difficult for the suitor. In most cases, the bride price is given back to the suitor.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by samwillyco1(m): 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
holywind:
we don't have list for bride price, when its time for that, it is negotiated, they may just call #50k and you may price like #500, at the end, you may just have to pay #2k, out of that #2k, some family will take#500 and give you back #1500 and some will take #100 and give you back #1900, thats how it is done in my place.

Good, where is your place because am coming there to marry one of your girls, if what you said is true
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by samwillyco1(m): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Go and read what the op wrote mr

Reader explain to me after reading grin grin grin
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Oshokalo: 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kriss216:
We are Igbos, We don't sell our daughters.

God bless Ndigbo!
una don dey get brain small small,unlike before if not una daughter go old for house,menopause no send u oh
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Oshokalo: 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
una don dey get brain small small,unlike before if not una daughter go old for house,menopause no send u oh
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Awaja(m): 6:01am On Mar 11, 2021
But stereotyping made u believe every village in Igbo land offers bogus marriage list .
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by Lukaku95: 6:31am On Mar 11, 2021
Ujahson85:
this is a traditional wedding stuff.. and if you can not afford to provide this.. then you don't have any business with marriage.. you no reach to marry.. you go just starve the woman
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by chukskafor(m): 6:57am On Mar 11, 2021
longetivity:
are you sure it's from Anambra
Please remind me, where is OBOSI located in Nigeria
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by SEGLIZ: 7:33am On Mar 11, 2021
emonis88:

So if I want to marry from d south west all I ve to do is to prostrate n be of good Manners, I go get wife without spending a dime. I go, go marry Yoruba woman o!

haha bro, you wan kee me with laugh o. though this days most turn down the dowry in Yoruba land insisting all they want is you and your brethren taken good care of their daughter.
though not withstanding we have a few, very insignificant number that are greed infested that will cripple you with dowry and bride price. when you see dowry 500k, among the bride price a mature cow, bags of rice na them be that.
of the truth, the modern Yoruba seeks a better abode for their daughters than the immediate which is the material price. like I earlier said be of good manner couple with whatever the bride price your ship will sail through the waters of a Yoruba family safely.
Re: Traditional Marriage List In Anambra by asobo1: 8:08am On Mar 11, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Which one is requirement for born again Christians only??

All this stress just to own a pussy??

Now that the world is thriving towards gender equality.. I think they should start groom price as well
Born again doesn't use his or her money to buy alcohol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix) / Zainab Ibrahim Sarkin Gobir Adiya Making Waves In United Kingdom. Photos / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.