Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example (568 Views)

Apostolic Church Members From Burial Involved In Accident In Akwa Ibom (Graphic) / My Topic And Posts Were Deleted For No Reasons. Please Why? / Top 5 Most Popular Nairaland Members (my opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by ediko5(m): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
I came across this post by a Nairalander https://www.nairaland.com/6446688/kwin-more

I tried to reply to the topic but was shown Insufficient Permissions. I notice only the poster can comment on the thread.
This is the first time i've seen this functionality on Nairaland, how can i do this.

Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by Kondomatic(m): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
ediko5:
I came across this post by a Nairalander https://www.nairaland.com/6446688/kwin-more

I tried to reply to the topic but was shown Insufficient Permissions. I notice only the poster can comment on the thread.
This is the first time i've seen this functionality on Nairaland, how can i do this.
That's a diary boss. You can create one too in the diary section and others will not be able to comment.
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by ediko5(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kondomatic:
That's a diary boss. You can create one too in the diary section and others will not be able to comment.

Wow. So throughout my years in Nairaland i never knew such section exist.

Thanks bro, i just went through the section now.
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by pocohantas(f): 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kondomatic:

Lmao. cheesy

Ediko5 that is the Diary Section, it is a read only section.
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by Kondomatic(m): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2021
ediko5:

Wow. So throughout my years in Nairaland i never knew such section exist.

Thanks bro, i just went through the section now.
It's because of how you use the forum bro. For instance, I only check what's new and what's trending when I am online, followed by posts from those I follow and what they shared so there's no way I am going to know all the sections.

1 Like

Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by ediko5(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Lmao. cheesy

Hmmm.
I no fit shout ooo.
Since 2008 in Niaraland am I'm just knowing this today.
If you know the kind Google search i did eh before i opened this thread.
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by Kondomatic(m): 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Lmao. cheesy

You will soon not have anything to sit down with if you continue doing the emboldened.

There was a time the Diary Section was very very interesting.

It was kinda competitive then, almost every popular person here had one, I have one too but the fun gradually ebbed away.

What used to be like a one big e-family has been taken over by angry birds.

1 Like

Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by pocohantas(f): 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
ediko5:

Hmmm.
I no fit shout ooo.
Since 2008 in Niaraland am I'm just knowing this today.
If you know the kind Google search i did eh before i opened this thread.

Yours is even small, I have someone who doesn’t know Nairaland has sections. grin

As simple as Nairaland looks, it takes sometime to understand all its functions.

Kondomatic:
You will soon not have anything to sit down with if you continue doing the emboldened.

There was a time the Diary Section was very very interesting.

It was kinda competitive then, almost every popular person here had one, I have one too but the fun gradually ebbed away.

What used to be like a one big e-family has been taken over by angry birds.

That one no possible, it is always growing. cheesy

Oh really? It took me sometime to notice most popular people have one because I really do not follow people I have my eyes on and I also do not visit that section.

Sometimes my followers share some that are really interesting and personal. Ain’t sharing my personal life with angry birds though.

Let me check yours out.
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by Kondomatic(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

That one no possible, it is always growing. cheesy
Nah so, like Nigeria's debt grin
pocohantas:

Oh really? It took me sometime to notice most popular people have one because I really do not follow people I have my eyes on and I also do not visit that section.
That's strange.

Why though?
pocohantas:

Sometimes my followers share some that are really interesting and personal. Ain’t sharing my personal life with angry birds though.

Let me check yours out.
Lols, you might..... Someday

Some people feel safe here, it's not same for others and then there are some that just don't care. They share their story down to their bedroom activities.

All mallam with his own kettle.

Mine will bore you to your marrows.
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by pocohantas(f): 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kondomatic:
Nah so, like Nigeria's debt grin
grin

That's strange.

Why though?
Lols, you might..... Someday

Just works for me. I love to sneak up on them and be like, ”that is my baby, give them hot hot”.

Some people feel safe here, it's not same for others and then there are some that just don't care. They share their story down to their bedroom activities.

All mallam with his own kettle.
Mine will bore you to your marrows.

In the past Nlders were mature and people shared stories, personal details. Not anymore, except you want to remain in the background. Else they’ll use it to troll you and say it is perfect to do such.

I am already on it. You be redpiller that year. grin
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by ediko5(m): 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

grin

In the past Nlders were mature and people shared stories, personal details. Not anymore, except you want to remain in the background. Else they’ll use it to troll you and say it is perfect to do such.

Seriously oo.
I remember those days where you'll create a topic to ask question, you'll get matured comments.
Now threads are filled with insults.
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

grin

Just works for me. I love to sneak up on them and be like, ”that is my baby, give them hot hot”.

I am already on it. You be redpiller that year. grin

it was from you, i knew 350 is suicidal .... kettle alway callin pot black

Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by pocohantas(f): 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2021
ediko5:

Seriously oo.
I remember those days where you'll create a topic to ask question, you'll get matured comments.
Now threads are filled with insults.

It is worse that they are always quick to comment on topics they know nothing about. No deep-thinking, just useless generic comments. Buhari this, APC that. Sometimes to see something enlightening, you have to go as far as the third page.
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by Kondomatic(m): 5:11pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

grin

I am already on it. You be redpiller that year. grin?
Odiegwu.

Few were mature just like now but others acted mature because they just had to.

Reason being that things weren't as difficult as they are know so we could easily pretend to be sensible. Hard times and frustrations nah wetin change nairaland.

There's no way you will have financial problems and rumbling stomach and still act mature. Igasikwa.

The real mature ones are still here with their old accounts, those that were pretending changed their accounts to reveal their real self.

@emboldened Am I not now?
Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by pocohantas(f): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kondomatic:
Odiegwu.

Few were mature just like now but others acted mature because they just had to.

Reason being that things weren't as difficult as they are know so we could easily pretend to be sensible. Hard times and frustrations nah wetin change nairaland.

There's no way you will have financial problems and rumbling stomach and still act mature. Igasikwa.

The real mature ones are still here with their old accounts, those that were pretending changed their accounts to reveal their real self.

@emboldened Am I not now?

Hahahaha. You are right sha. Some kind anger comes from a place of nonfulfillment.

Reminds me of my early days on NL. There was this girl that was a sweetheart, I can remember her username but I rather not mention it. One day she had a fallout with one of the popular oldies and while she was acting all calm, swaying support- the guy let the cat out of the bag. She had a second account that was very savage.

I was just peeping from the window. She really tried to keep up both personalities, me can’t be good no matter how hard I try. grin

You still are, just not like some here.

1 Like

Re: How Can Restrict Nairaland Members From Replying To My Topic - See Example by Kondomatic(m): 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Hahahaha. You are right sha. Some kind anger comes from a place of nonfulfillment.

Reminds me of my early days on NL. There was this girl that was a sweetheart, I can remember her username but I rather not mention it. One day she had a fallout with one of the popular oldies and while she was acting all calm, swaying support- the guy let the cat out of the bag. She had a second account that was very savage.
Fights then were messy and entertaining at the same time.

Some even uploaded nvde pictures but I didn't view any of them though. Home training wouldn't let me.

And nah for 3rd to 5th page e dey get messy.

Moderators would delete them and I go use way back machine read everything. SMH.

pocohantas:

I was just peeping from the window. She really tried to keep up both personalities, me can’t be good no matter how hard I try. grin
That actually makes you good. You're good but highly misunderstood. sorry grin
pocohantas:

You still are, just not like some here.
I am same everywhere sha, whether nah for FB or anywhere else, I don't hide me.

(1) (Reply)

40feet Shipping Containers For Sale / Beware Of Quickteller Fraud / 2023: Tinubu Scatter Osibanjo's Camp + Why Afenifere Will Not Support Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.