Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) (23565 Views)

Ossy Ojukwu: Meet One Of The Most Respected Africans In China (photos) / Ossy Prestige's Body Received By Family Members, APGA Leaders (Pics, Video) / Ossy Prestige Is Dead (House Of Representatives Member) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by lonecatt(m): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lordpeckxy:
I got something to say:

You gave 10M to a Honourables family for the education of their last son?

Really??

A nice gesture, yes, but you mean to say the man in question who is late don't have business empire established that can foot the bills of his children.

Nigerians, always thinking backwards, you gave a brick to someone who owns a block industry.

while there are some out there that don't even have money to rent a thatch roof.

you gave a bucket of water to someone who owns a pool.

shut it
That money could be kept in his pocket or embezzled and there is nothing you can do ,10million will go a long way to secure the child's future. Besides why are you drinking panadol for another's headache. If he doesn't assist the family some morons will still open their mouths and talk thrash . in this life there is nothing you do that people don't talk
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by Femi316: 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
Who send you...
Wisdomkosi:
JUST IN!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m for Last Son's Education

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State has handed over a cheque of N10,000,000.00 (Ten Million Naira) to the family of late Hon Ossy Prestige for the education of the last son of the Honourable Member who before his demise represented Aba North/South Federal Constituency at the National Assembly, Igbere TV reports.

Making the presentation today during the second edition of the Town Hall Meeting between him and the Abiriba community in Aba held at the Abiriba Communal Improvement Union (ACIU) Hall, Governor Ikpeazu who expressed deep sense of personal loss following the news of the death of Prestige, called for prayers and support to the family at this time of grief and going forward. He described the late Prestige as someone who was close to him regardless of differences in political affiliation and assured that he will be fully involved in the burial ceremonies.

Receiving the cheque on behalf of the family, the Member representing Aba Central State Constituency and Minority Leader of the Abia State House of Assembly, Honorable Abraham Oba, thanked the Governor for his kind gesture and assured him that the people of Abiriba appreciate the love and kindness he has always shown to them, the Late Ossy Prestige who died recently in a German Hospital and also to the family he left behind. He promised that the family will use the fund judiciously.

It will be recalled that the Town Hall meeting which high point included the presentation of the scorecard of the Governor and response to questions from community members started with a minute silence for Late Ossy Prestige.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1384576/just-gov-ikpeazu-gives-ossy-prestiges-family-n10m-last-sons-education/

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by Focusmind: 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
Who appropriated for the money to be spent? Is it his personal money? In UK, elected officials cannot even make a pledge talk more of giving out money.

All money spent must be appropriated for and approved. Here, governors will be dolling out millions of Naira to people and people will be commending it.

Government is not a charity organisation irrespective of the good intentions of giving out the money. That's the same way they take out money from the coffers without checks and balances.

3 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by toxtimmy: 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lol..lol..lol... Idiots... See as dem dey share state money which substantiates the state money is for only politicians.

Basically, the children of this late pplitician (RIP) are guaranteed free education in advance for that matter while the children of non politicians have no hope of good education.

Baboons everywhere in government.... Give me authority and mind you I don't want or need any money .. just the authority to run education in Nigeria and in 30 years there will be a reduction of corruption in Nigeria by 80%.

First thing I go do is make sure all students must take at least 150 hours of Anti corruption class every year from nursery to university level and on how to expose those that are corrupt as a civil duty and let's see what Nigeria will become in 30 years.. the children and kids of today are the only hope for Nigeria... All the adults have failed then thus far.

Wisdomkosi:
JUST IN!!! Gov. Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m for Last Son's Education

Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State has handed over a cheque of N10,000,000.00 (Ten Million Naira) to the family of late Hon Ossy Prestige for the education of the last son of the Honourable Member who before his demise represented Aba North/South Federal Constituency at the National Assembly, Igbere TV reports.

Making the presentation today during the second edition of the Town Hall Meeting between him and the Abiriba community in Aba held at the Abiriba Communal Improvement Union (ACIU) Hall, Governor Ikpeazu who expressed deep sense of personal loss following the news of the death of Prestige, called for prayers and support to the family at this time of grief and going forward. He described the late Prestige as someone who was close to him regardless of differences in political affiliation and assured that he will be fully involved in the burial ceremonies.

Receiving the cheque on behalf of the family, the Member representing Aba Central State Constituency and Minority Leader of the Abia State House of Assembly, Honorable Abraham Oba, thanked the Governor for his kind gesture and assured him that the people of Abiriba appreciate the love and kindness he has always shown to them, the Late Ossy Prestige who died recently in a German Hospital and also to the family he left behind. He promised that the family will use the fund judiciously.

It will be recalled that the Town Hall meeting which high point included the presentation of the scorecard of the Governor and response to questions from community members started with a minute silence for Late Ossy Prestige.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1384576/just-gov-ikpeazu-gives-ossy-prestiges-family-n10m-last-sons-education/

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by Originalsly: 7:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
Hmmm.... maybe something is wrong with me... is it his money he is donating? But then... the man knows the mentality of his people....they will praise him for donating a large sum of money to the rich... while they sit in stech and squaloir and poverty.
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by oloshun(m): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lordpeckxy:
I got something to say:

Really??

A nice gesture, yes, but you mean to say the man in question who is late don't have business empire established that can foot the bills of his children.

Nigerians, always thinking backwards, you gave a brick to someone who owns a block industry.

while there are some out there that don't even have money to rent a thatch roof.

I am weakened. Is this a gesture or rubbish. Why are people saying good gesture here and there. Is that is statutory duty? His he aware that there are many Abia youths that are out of school because of ordinary fees? Why can he invest that N10M into a scholarships to sponsor just 10 Abians tertiary education? Just because you want to cover your loopholes, your doing rubbish.
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by oloshun(m): 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
I am weakened. Is this a gesture or rubbish. Why are people saying good gesture here and there. Is that is statutory duty? His he aware that there are many Abia youths that are out of school because of ordinary fees? Why can he invest that N10M into a scholarships to sponsor just 10 Abians tertiary education? Just because you want to cover your loopholes, your doing rubbish
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by IgboWarlord(m): 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
This one wey another politician receive the money on behalf of the family,make e be sey na the whole 10m go reach them ooo...
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by Dantedasz(m): 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
balingaonline:
When I first saw the headline I was thinking the person that died was a commoner, but as I was reading it I understand that he was part of them, keep sharing it among your families living and dead, a time will come that you won't be able to share it again.

Prestige Associates Nigeria Ltd
Freight forwarding service in Port Harcourt
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by seyz91(m): 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
nicely worded!
Lordpeckxy:
I got something to say:

Really??

Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by Yankee101: 10:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Assuming it was a poor man...
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by isaythetruth(m): 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2021
chiboy441:
Its very good to support the needs. But also remember the poor Abians, not only top men political figures. remember Abia roads. Remember creating jobs for Abians.
Believe me when I say that Okezie Ikpeazu is doing great in Abia State... He doesn't owe pensioners anymore. He pays them monthly.

He has also embarked on what I choose to call Aggressive construction of roads. eh be like say dem ring bell for the man, He is on numerous road projects in the state and at the same time paying old pensioners and workers.

The man is trying.
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by Masterchef(m): 12:41am On Mar 11, 2021
Triangles1:
I remembered during my secondary school era I was among students that represent my school, the minister gave us money before we could get that money we spent half of the money for transportation and photocopy.

Is only in Nigeria you bribe to get paid of your salary.
They should make sure the (10 million naira). money is giving out completely because everything about this country is bribing.

grin cool
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by Masterchef(m): 12:43am On Mar 11, 2021
Triangles1:
I remembered during my secondary school era I was among students that represent my school, the minister gave us money before we could get that money we spent half of the money for transportation and photocopy.

Is only in Nigeria you bribe to get paid of your salary.
They should make sure the (10 million naira). money is giving out completely because everything about this country is bribing.

grin shocked
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by SarkinYarki: 1:00am On Mar 11, 2021
Why didn't he give it to the wife directly?
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by majole: 4:13am On Mar 11, 2021
This is Corruption of the highest order. A rich man dies & his kid is given 10m naira, what of Elder Ezeife a 72 years old retired Primary school teacher from Aba South who died 2 months ago _ what is his Son of 14 yrs getting from the State government? I don't support this Selective way of Politics that only favour The Rich
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by Chyma231(m): 7:13am On Mar 11, 2021
Stupid Governor !!!why give 10,million to a family that is rich already ? So poor men no dey aba again Even in his own community ...there are people who can't eat 3times a day... I'm sure he is doing it to start fucking ossy 's widow
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by uchenduObialor(m): 8:08am On Mar 11, 2021
Use that N10 million naira and add to pay Hospital management board staffs(doctors and nurses) so that there will be workers in the General hospitals in Abia ready to work
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by DedeNkem: 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2021
This baboon-looking corrupt idiot called Okezie IKPUazu gave ₦10m to family of a late Billionaire while civil servants in his State are dying of hunger due to nonpayment of salaries!

Many are owed more than two years! Pensioners are forgotten! This IKPUazu is wicked!

No wonder he's the worst governor in this gaint zoo called Nigeria!
Re: Ikpeazu Gives Ossy Prestige's Family N10m For Last Son's Education (Photos) by chiboy441(m): 5:51pm On May 03, 2021
isaythetruth:
Believe me when I say that Okezie Ikpeazu is doing great in Abia State... He doesn't owe pensioners anymore. He pays them monthly.

He has also embarked on what I choose to call Aggressive construction of roads. eh be like say dem ring bell for the man, He is on numerous road projects in the state and at the same time paying old pensioners and workers.

The man is trying.

hope it's how you said it. do you have proof of such info?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alleged Organ Harvesting: Ekweremadu Returns To Court After 42 Days In Detention / Yoruba Agenda: Stop Deceiving People, Falana Tells Afenifere / Fayemi Declares For 2023 Presidency, Promises Good Governance (Full Speech)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.