Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,536 members, 7,827,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? (24221 Views)

Can I Get A Modest Reception Hall (tent) For 200k In Abuja? / Finding An Effective Wedding Planner In LAGOS / Finding An Effective Wedding Planner In LAGOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Gwan2(m): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2021
My Sister is getting married soon. She forwarded the list of items required by tradition from the fiance which is almost a million naira value in cash.

First question I asked my dad when I had a phone conversion with him was; will same list be given to a teacher that earns 30 or 40k teaching in a private school? He just giggled and said is tradition. I then asked him of two relatives I know married from our tribe and have children now, knowing they are not financially bouyant. He said they are still asking the husband to pay their wives bride price till date, literally meaning they are not even talking of all those traditional list shi.t, they are just requesting the various husbands to come pay only the bride price which might not be up to 50k respectively grin.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Funkybabee(f): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2021
you can still manage #700_800k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Palinz(m): 11:19am On Mar 11, 2021
Know what you want first...
Doing that will give you a sum of how much is involved... If it's too high
Keep cutting and cutting till you get to ur pocket....
Bro there is no specific amount you can use to do wedding... It's all abt priorities.
How you what it to look like...

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Grace001: 11:20am On Mar 11, 2021
Whatever budget you plan for your wedding

Split it into two and let your wife family too support

If they are not willing to support, just spend the half of what you split for the wedding if they complain tell them you can’t break the bank for a day wedding

Marriage is the most important part

If you like carry all the wedding expenses for head, them no dey tell person.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by MeekySmudger(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2021
DollarBuddy:
Hi My People,

How are y'all doing? I believe everyone's doing just fine.

Please I wanna know, considering the rising cost of things in Nigeria, how much do I need to have a Modest Wedding?

I mean, i don't even have a million naira o.

I need your honest views.

cc:

Kindly help me take this to the promised land.
,....Foodstuff and drinks-300k
Look for a school field or any field,..it maybe free or you will pay a shikini amount.
Chairs and canopies+ decorations-100k
Mc+DJ-60k
security(if you feel threatened),..50k
clothing-150/200k,..
what else?
Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Reex12(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2021
after several body counts you wan spend millions on top her head
nigerian girls are useless...all of them

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Dreadlock69(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2021
My cousin did hers for 5 milli
Maybe 10 milli will be okay

NIGERIA FEMALE BOSS ARE USELESS!!!

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Quality20(m): 11:21am On Mar 11, 2021
ModestGal:
3million
if ur hubby to be wanna spend that much , wont u advise him against it? or is he earning 300 a month.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by galaxi(m): 11:22am On Mar 11, 2021
For me there is no modest wedding because a modest wedding to Mr. A could be a big wedding for Mr. B.
Your prosperity level and the kind of guests expected would definitely affect your budget.
Mr. A could spend 5m because of his caliber of friends and clubs he belong to,he could recover the 5m and even make profit after the wedding.
Mr. B could spend 1m and may hardly get up-to 200k after the wedding.

9 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Cachetdotng: 11:22am On Mar 11, 2021
Ever heard of 'cut your coat according to your size'?...even though I turn billionaire...I no go lavish for my wedding.. because people no deserve your sweat...and na only my mum and very few friends I go invite sef... yenyenyenyen tongue

*Attend a Free Web Design Seminar organized by CDS, you'll be taught the procedures of Web Development under 2 hours. Free WiFi is also available but students are expected to come with their laptops, and we can only admit a maximum of 10 students at once due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Call the number in signature below....
Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by rainmoredays: 11:23am On Mar 11, 2021
chatinent:
You can do a modest wedding with ₦300k, and have some amount left.

Use your religious premises as venue.
Hire a reasonable amount of canopy for the after fun.

Cook modestly. Hire your sisters to be the committee for it.

Hire a good but cost-effective wedding gown.

If you have a suit, wear it. You can only buy a new shirt.

On that day,

Get married and go home with your beautiful wife..

Have you seen the wife before.
How can you just conclude that she's beautiful.
Well, what do I know.

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:23am On Mar 11, 2021
DollarBuddy:
Hi My People,

Please I wanna know, considering the rising cost of things in Nigeria, how much do I need to have a Modest Wedding?

cc:

If you don't have a million naira, in God's name, just go to court...and pay bride price.

Invite ONLY your best friends and immediate family members as witnesses.

You'll need that money for the actual marriage. The ceremony is merely a formalisation.

Plan to spend only 200k... then be open to an extra 100k for contingencies. Don't attempt to make a party of the ceremony at all!

Please, don't let anyone pressure you into doing otherwise. Your fiancée should be on the same page with you. You should be able to communicate this to her... if it's a problem getting her to agree just know that you have an unsupportive potential wife on your hands.

11 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by rainmoredays: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2021
Reex12:
nigerian girls re useless...all of them
including your sisters and mother

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by gentlesinna(m): 11:25am On Mar 11, 2021
Any wedding that will make me spend above 250 to 300k I no do.....be it traditional or white wedding...

What's even the essence of white wedding in the first place....
Traditional is ok for me oooo and it most not cost me more than 250 to 300k.

All I desire is to give my wife and children the best of life .

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Omoslim26: 11:25am On Mar 11, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
grin

100k is enough.

Starve your guests.... make them pity you especially village people.

They might be foolish enough to contribute sef when you give them Garri + Water to manage at Reception

By the way, 50k out of the 100k should be dedicated to aphrodisiacs.... na your primary responsibility be that otherwise....

Stingy man spotted

haba mana no pish to vlend za eqwazion

you are bery bery wicked ���

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by CORRECTMAN78(m): 11:26am On Mar 11, 2021
Offpoint1:
Wedding a means of people wasting their funds to satisfy others people attention.

When I'm ready, I arrange meeting with both families to seek their blessings and approval, send her village people 1 quarter of what is needed and promise to get back to them and after that babies next... No public nonsense.

And for the village people waiting for me to get back to them, unto them shall my word be like that of a HR to a Nigerian job seeker.

'We will get back to you'. Lol
Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Grace001: 11:30am On Mar 11, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

If you don't have a million naira, in God's name, just go to court...and pay bride price.

Invite ONLY your best friends and immediate family members.

You'll need that money for the actual marriage. The ceremony is merely a formalisation.

Please, don't let anyone pressure you into doing otherwise. Your fiancée should be on the same page with you. You should be able to communicate this to her... if it's a problem getting her to agree just know that you have an unsupportive potential wife on your hands.

Man don suffer for Nigeria, why is that all wedding expenses is only foot by the man

Well only foolish man/guy will bow for pressure from wife to be family.

If you can’t accept what I can afford or support me it will be better you find your daughter another man.

Nonsense mentality of Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by olaolulazio(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2021
U only need sense.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Truthabulabula(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2021
I need a woman,preferaby Nigerian. The one i hit up she not even giving no fvck.

Marriage don dey hungry me.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by offset67(m): 11:39am On Mar 11, 2021
you still wan marry for this Corona period
Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Ayo2004: 11:43am On Mar 11, 2021
My brother,give her Belle,that way,her family will not disturb you for bride price or marriage,she go just move into your house and you go save money
Also,when u get back to your senses and realize marriage is not the average Nigerian man and Nigerian love is stupid,she is just your baby mama so u can get rid of her easily

This,my brethen is the technique of killing 5 lions with one bullet cheesy

Na sense go kee me one day

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by mechanics(m): 11:44am On Mar 11, 2021
:-₦1,500,000.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by freshvine(f): 11:45am On Mar 11, 2021
400 capacity hall...400,000 Decor....300,000 Food...1200x 400...480,000 DJ...70,000 MC...70000 Souvenirs...400,000 cake...150,000 Gown and accessories...70,000 Suit and accessories...100,000 Bridal train...100,000 Photography and cinematography...200,000 Logistics...150,000 Drinks, Security, hotel, ...150,000 Miscellaneous ( rings, etc)...200,000
TOTAL...2,840,000 Only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Bahamas95(m): 11:46am On Mar 11, 2021
Issues like this annoy me. Where is it stated in the constitution that you must spend extravagantly or invite the whole world to your wedding? We worry ourselves too much over nonsense in this part of the world.

I have said it several times, I wanna do a quiet marriage.....I have discussed it with my girlfriend to avoid unnecessary argument later. If she isn't ready to comply to hell with her.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by bigcee(m): 11:46am On Mar 11, 2021
Ayo2004:
My brother,give her Belle,that way,her family will not disturb you for bride price or marriage,she go just move into your house and you go save money
Also,when u get back to your senses and realize marriage is not the average Nigerian man and Nigerian love is stupid,she is just your baby mama so u can get rid of her easily

This,my brethen is the technique of killing 5 lions with one bullet cheesy

Na sense go kee me one day
Na wa o!

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Axelfeldmann(m): 11:50am On Mar 11, 2021
if you want to still have your peace and money after the wedding, be ready to break that 'Nigerian rule' of spending lavishly for a wedding. You are not doing it to please people. 500k to 1mil is okay... Anything above that, for me, is a waste.
Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by BruncleZuma: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2021
32,000 naira.

Carry yourself go Marriage Registry, pick a date and number, get married with two witnesses.

If you feel like splurging call Uber Black...carry yourself, your missus and two witnesses go registry.

Use that owambe money buy things, rent apartment, put up a rainy day savings no matter how small.

Send a thank you text to the people when you invite, bulk SMS 1500 naira.

Thank me later.

For reception, carry your guest go the nearest mid level joint, music and DJ nah always free, food cheap, drinks on you.

Everything no go pass 200k say you wan burn money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Kaiser20: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2021
angelusbrut:

Suit-15000
Shoe-15000
Wedding gown-15000
Shoe/hair/make up,flower- 40,000
Gift(bag,take away food,drink,1bottle water) for 50-100 guest- 130,000
Cake-20,000
N225,000

No DJ,No hall,after wedding snap pictures with guests, cut your cake and give guest gift everyone go to your house

If you want hall or open space depending on location keep between 50-100k
Dj-20,000

Roughly 350,000-400,000
But I prefer the first option,I hate disturbance and unnecessary noise
Now e reach your turn to throw gbedu you say that you don't like noise, but you like to enjoy it when others make the noise party.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by jeff1607(m): 11:52am On Mar 11, 2021
DollarBuddy:
Hi My People,

cc:

Your wife to be and her family will decide that, then it's up to you to pay
Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by chikason22(m): 11:56am On Mar 11, 2021
Uyi168:
Give her belle fess..

U never can trust ladies these days..
what is wrong with this our generation.

Re: How Much Do I Need To Have A Modest, Cost Effective Wedding? by Ayo2004: 11:58am On Mar 11, 2021
bigcee:

Na wa o!
U no get sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bride And Groom In Dancing Competition At Their Wedding (Video) / 2019 Easter Carnival Locks Down Ten Cities (pictures) / A Nairalander's Traditional And White Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.