Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways (21620 Views)

Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) / FG To Concession Sagamu-benin, Nine Other Expressways / Presidential Visit: Parked Trailers Disappear Again From Expressways In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by Enyimbamercedes: 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Ok go and report to world bank, IMF, & United Kingdom, that Big Brother FG has seized your money.

Na me f.uck up! Thought I was talking with someone that had sense.

Enjoy
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by Everfrank(m): 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2021
SmartPolician:
I think it's unfair to use Delta State loot to fund key regional projects.

On a second thought, Okowa will just share that money with Ibori if it ever returns to that state.

IMO, anti-graft agencies should have an in-house unit which ensures that government officials use recovered loots for the purposes they are intended to. So, every recovered loot should be returned to the state it was stolen from with the agency keeping close tabs on how it is spent.

Similarly, when loots are recovered through a legal proceeding with the federal antigraft agency pursuing such cases, the FG and state (where the loot originated from) should share the recovered loot in a certain percentage, say State: 70%, FG: 30%.
Delta state can only partake in that money through diplomacy.
Ibori's case was tried in Nigeria from high court up to supreme court. Delta state denied that their money ever lost and that he was not a thief. They refused to cooperate but hired lawyers to frustrate the case, defend and freed their Oil Sheikh. They succeeded.
Now that he has been prosecuted and convicted abroad and the loot is about to be rriureturned they are talking balderdash.
They have lost every legal right to that money as per as Nigerian courts are concerned.
If they are wise they should appeal through diplomacy for natural justice to apply.
I am not against Delta partaking in that money but just highlighting that hypocrisy is a monster that often devour its owner.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by ThatFairGuy1: 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2021
Yet jidennajason, MelesZenawi Beckham who I called ibori ...... sees it as an insult. Aren't you?

Anyway, this is another Monika if you could got that ban
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by Germi9: 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
Billyonaire666:

None of them is better oh. I've got a few old friends from there that I have decided to disassociate from cos they speak bad grammar and are notorious about cult and gangs even at their adult lives.

I really think morality has left the people of Edo-Delta axis, for them life seems to revolve around fraud, cult, prostitution, politicians worship and hard drugs and juju ritualists stuff. The ones among them who do not participate in these vices, never visit those States except it is very important.

It is true.
i do not agree with you totally because the West and East have a high level similarities, like the igbos are synonymous to rituals and fraud..mind you, nobody does wire fraud than the yorubas
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by Tap0lane: 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
But Delta stated no money was looted from it
chinjo:
That is wrong of the Federal government. The money was looted from the state's treasury hence the money belong to Delta state and not the federal government. The state government should proceed to the court immediately. Abubakar malami is the second most useless attorney general after Aondoaka Nigeria has ever produced.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by Olatomiwami(m): 5:15pm On Mar 11, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

The money Tinubu stole as Lagos state governor, did Lagos state report it missing? Common sense should tell you that the money should be be returned back to Delta State!

The way out is for u to write petition again your Lord Ibori first, then seek for Return Of the looted funds anything short of that is day dreaming, next time, Tinubu has never been convicted like your father Ibori, shut that trap u called mouth.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by SouthSouth1914: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2021
plaindealer:

Mumu like you are always short of words with their limited vocabulary when they can not formulate basic and elementary words to support their crooked and corrupt positions, very typical.

I am not going to draw myself into any argument with someone with a dysfunctional mentality of looking things from a left angle. The argument is clear enough, but how can you see when you are neck deep in ignorance!

I always have less words for asssholes!!
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by SouthSouth1914: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2021
Olatomiwami:

The way out is for u to write petition again your Lord Ibori first, then seek for Return Of the looted funds anything short of that is day dreaming, next time, Tinubu has never been convicted like your father Ibori, shut that trap u called mouth.

At least not yet, his case files are currently with the EFCC. Let’s give this some time. Hope Tinubu doesn’t fail this integrity test. Cheers
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by 9japride(m): 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Yes, I will.

What serious development are you talking about?

Was it the FG that asked Ibori to loot his people's money?

What is worrisome is the fact that you want the FG to hand the fund to Okowa, who is an absolute non-perforner and a stooge of Ibori.

It is petty to be considering state of origin of the said fund above judicious application of same, in the overall best interests of Nigerians.

[color=#006600][/color]

You are not being sincere, just like a typical Nigerian. Can't the federal government and state government in agreement with the British government tie the looted funds to specific projects in the Delta? Leave talk you are just being selfish and inconsiderate to the good people of Delta state. In my opinion the fund should never be handled over to Okowa rather it should be used as I explained above.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by nony43(m): 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2021
mechanics:
And up till, he has not owned up that he stole those money.

Abacha, Maina, Dansuki. Should we continue?
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by AmazingELixir: 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2021
garfield1:

You talk carelessly? Did delta not deny that ibori looted? Why can't Delta go to UK and get the money

Delta denied...are you seriously making such scathing statement..who is Delta and where did Delta tell you that?
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by mechanics(m): 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2021
nony43:

Abacha, Maina, Dansuki. Should we continue?
lolz.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by Newray: 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
FG, the money belong to Deltan. You can't take money that belongs to Deltan and fund it on other zone is wrong..is best you fund it on Deltan development and south south...
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by Olatomiwami(m): 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

At least not yet, his case files are currently with the EFCC. Let’s give this some time. Hope Tinubu doesn’t fail this integrity test. Cheers

If u believe that,u will believe anything, means u are toddler in politics.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by CoolAmbience(m): 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You are not being sincere, just like a typical Nigerian. Can't the federal government and state government in agreement with the British government tie the looted funds to specific projects in the Delta? Leave talk you are just being selfish and inconsiderate to the good people of Delta state. In my opinion the fund should never be handled over to Okowa rather it should be used as I explained above.

Exactly!

A typical Nigerian wants to hear you say what they want to hear, otherwise you'd be pre-judged as being insincere. I can't be blackmailed into speaking out of emotion or myopia.

Just forget it, no matter how emotional you get, there isn't anything wrong with handing the money back to the FG, simple.

Do Deltans not live across Nigeria or would they be prevented from using the amenities that the FG intends to use the funds for?

Does the 2nd Niger Bridge not directly and significantly impact the economy and people of Delta?

Sincerely, I do not see the point in your disagreement with the FG, as it relates to application of the fund, at all.

No vex, Delta state does not have to be involved in anything here. Let them go and use the funds that they are currently receiving to fix their needs.

Go and see the rot in DESOPADEC and other compartments of goverment....a state where leaders know next to nothing about priorities, quality amenities and human capital development...a group of wasteful and fraudulent individuals masquerading as leaders.

A state of SSAs and SAs. Everybody is an SA to the governor....including persons who can barely articulate their thoughts or scribble anything in writing..

Bro, abeg make we leave that matter...
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by 9japride(m): 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Exactly!

A typical Nigerian wants to hear you say what they want to hear, otherwise you'd be pre-judged as being insincere. I can't be blackmailed into speaking out of emotion or myopia.

Just forget it, no matter how emotional you get, there isn't anything wrong with handing the money back to the FG, simple.

Do Deltans not live across Nigeria or would they be prevented from using the amenities that the FG intends to use the funds for?

Does the 2nd Niger Bridge not directly and significantly impact the economy and people of Delta?

Sincerely, I do not see the point in your disagreement with the FG, as it relates to application of the fund, at all.

No vex, Delta state does not have to be involved in anything here. Let them go and use the funds that they are currently receiving to fix their needs.

Go and see the rot in DESOPADEC and other compartments of goverment....a state where leaders know next to nothing about priorities, quality amenities and human capital development...a group of wasteful and fraudulent individuals masquerading as leaders.

A state of SSAs and SAs. Everybody is an SA to the governor....including persons who can barely articulate their thoughts or scribble anything in writing..

Bro, abeg make we leave that matter...

[color=#006600][/color]

Not really, a typical Nigerian is a hypocrite. When it comes to playing politics all logical reason is left behind. Everything boils down to survival, anyone eyeing the money that does not originate from Delta state is basically not sincere. That's just the truth and not emotional blackmailing. I still maintain its pepper eye kind of politics that non indigenes are exhibiting towards this issue. I personally, I am not from Delta state but I see a wrong act in the whole process. The British government that coordinated the funds distribution are not morally in the right place to do that because they are one the major causes of Nigeria problems. We all know if it were to be a northern state, the southern zone will not see shishi. The way you support your points, is same way those who are ripping off the wealth of the Niger Delta and also marginalization of eastern region do. That's why it will be difficult for real togetherness amongst the citizens due to oppressive tendencies of other tribes.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by plaindealer: 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

I am not going to draw myself into any argument with someone with a dysfunctional mentality of looking things from a left angle. The argument is clear enough, but how can you see when you are neck deep in ignorance!

I always have less words for asssholes!!

Actually, this is what I keep seeing after your senseless posts.

I was actually expecting you to explain to us how Tinubu entered the discussion or how Tinubu stole your money in Delta state or if he orchestrated with Ibori to loot you dry, achieved mansion all over the world including luxury cars.

Is Tinubu the reason why Delta is the 3rd largest debtor state in Nigeria on top of the massive allocations, derivations, IGR, NDDC, and so on?

Show us what the people of Delta benefited from the massive funds flowing into that state every day, show us the last time anything was commissioned in that state.

Mentally lazy and corrupt people like you just can not face your crooked, looting, and stealing leaders that left you backward and bankrupt, you'd rather travel many states away to look for other people to blame for your woes, misery and backwardness.

Oh yes, our leaders are allowed to loot and steal because Tinubu is looting in Lagos too. It's like saying it's ok for you to steal because other people are stealing.

You are too mentally corrupt and backward for your own good.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by SouthSouth1914: 6:51am On Mar 12, 2021
plaindealer:

Actually, this is what I keep seeing after your senseless posts.

I was actually expecting you to explain to us how Tinubu entered the discussion or how Tinubu stole your money in Delta state or if he orchestrated with Ibori to loot you dry, achieved mansion all over the world including luxury cars.

Is Tinubu the reason why Delta is the 3rd largest debtor state in Nigeria on top of the massive allocations, derivations, IGR, NDDC, and so on?

Show us what the people of Delta benefited from the massive funds flowing into that state every day, show us the last time anything was commissioned in that state.

Mentally lazy and corrupt people like you just can not face your crooked, looting, and stealing leaders that left you backward and bankrupt, you'd rather travel many states away to look for other people to blame for your woes, misery and backwardness.

Oh yes, our leaders are allowed to loot and steal because Tinubu is looting in Lagos too. It's like saying it's ok for you to steal because other people are stealing.

You are too mentally corrupt and backward for your own good.

I am saying the questions you posed in your comments, can you answer them regarding Lagos. You said Tinubu stole money, but since he is from Lagos he cannot be put in the spotlight, but rather Ibori should be.., isn’t this selective justice?

I only asked that the funds recovered be returned to the state where it was stolen from. There is a new system of things and a new governor. It is only logical the funds be returned back to Delta State!

My point is a logical argument, there should be no double standards in dishing out punishment for past, present or future politicians. Tinubu carried 2 bullion vans loaded with money to his house, and said it is his money, if this was done by someone from the south, everyone one of you westerners would scream blue murder!

This is the reason Nigeria is not one. What works in one part of the country, does not work for another. A selective justice system! But it is good to know that the chicken has finally come home to roost!!
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by CoolAmbience(m): 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Not really, a typical Nigerian is a hypocrite. When it comes to playing politics all logical reason is left behind. Everything boils down to survival, anyone eyeing the money that does not originate from Delta state is basically not sincere. That's just the truth and not emotional blackmailing. I still maintain its pepper eye kind of politics that non indigenes are exhibiting towards this issue. I personally, I am not from Delta state but I see a wrong act in the whole process. The British government that coordinated the funds distribution are not morally in the right place to do that because they are one the major causes of Nigeria problems. We all know if it were to be a northern state, the southern zone will not see shishi. The way you support your points, is same way those who are ripping off the wealth of the Niger Delta and also marginalization of eastern region do. That's why it will be difficult for real togetherness amongst the citizens due to oppressive tendencies of other tribes.

Lol...

Marginalization of the East and ripping off of the Niger Delta indeed.

In the first instance, Deltans never agreed that Ibori stole. So, what money are they expecting to get?

You do not have to misrepresent fact or outrightly tell a lie just to make a point.

Did Plateau and Taraba states get funds recovered from former governors Joshua Dariye and Jolly Nyame? Answer me please.

What about funds recovered from former governor Ikedi Ohakim of IMO state? Was it returned to Ndi Imo?

Oga, abeg forget that matter, Delta state is not deserving of the fund, no matter how you look at it, morally or otherwise; and will not get a dime from the fund.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by plaindealer: 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

I am saying the questions you posed in your comments, can you answer them regarding Lagos. You said Tinubu stole money, but since he is from Lagos he cannot be put in the spotlight, but rather Ibori should be.., isn’t this selective justice?

I only asked that the funds recovered be returned to the state where it was stolen from. There is a new system of things and a new governor. It is only logical the funds be returned back to Delta State!

My point is a logical argument, there should be no double standards in dishing out punishment for past, present or future politicians. Tinubu carried 2 bullion vans loaded with money to his house, and said it is his money, if this was done by someone from the south, everyone one of you westerners would scream blue murder!

This is the reason Nigeria is not one. What works in one part of the country, does not work for another. A selective justice system! But it is good to know that the chicken has finally come home to roost!!

I said Tinubu stole money? Where was that asserted by me?

Is this a sad case of inability to read and comprehend or you smoked something?

What you should be doing is explaining to us why you are shouting Tinubu in a topic and thread about stolen funds in Delta state.

Instead of addressing the thief who stole your money, you want to excuse your looting and stealing uncle who denied you progress and development, you are obsessed with Tinubu, you are pointing to Tinubu in Lagos who you can not even for the sorry life of you explain to us how he stole anything from you, from your state or how he's collecting your allocations, IGR and. derivations.

In fact, what was your ignorant and unintelligent logic and analogy? That it's ok for Ibori to loot you dry and leave you poor, backward and underdeveloped because Tinubu is also looting in Lagos?

You see how rettarded you sound with that warped and corrupt Tinubu talk?
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by SouthSouth1914: 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2021
plaindealer:

I said Tinubu stole money? Where was that asserted by me?

Is this a sad case of inability to read and comprehend or you smoked something?

What you should be doing is explaining to us why you are shouting Tinubu in a topic and thread about stolen funds in Delta state.

Instead of addressing the thief who stole your money, you want to excuse your looting and stealing uncle who denied you progress and development, you are obsessed with Tinubu, you are pointing to Tinubu in Lagos who you can not even for the sorry life of you explain to us how he stole anything from you, from your state or how he's collecting your allocations, IGR and. derivations.

In fact, what was your ignorant and unintelligent logic and analogy? That it's ok for Ibori to loot you dry and leave you poor, backward and underdeveloped because Tinubu is also looting in Lagos?

You see how rettarded you sound with that warped and corrupt Tinubu talk?

I admire your energy at this gibberish talk, plus your total commitment to it.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by 9japride(m): 11:37pm On Mar 12, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Lol...

Marginalization of the East and ripping off of the Niger Delta indeed.

In the first instance, Deltans never agreed that Ibori stole. So, what money are they expecting to get?

You do not have to misrepresent fact or outrightly tell a lie just to make a point.

Did Plateau and Taraba states get funds recovered from former governors Joshua Dariye and Jolly Nyame? Answer me please.

What about funds recovered from former governor Ikedi Ohakim of IMO state? Was it returned to Ndi Imo?

Oga, abeg forget that matter, Delta state is not deserving of the fund, no matter how you look at it, morally or otherwise; and will not get a dime from the fund.

[color=#006600][/color]

I won't argue with you. The eastern region is really being marginalized since after the Civil War, it's only mischievous person that pretends not to know. When you start hearing statements such as the Igbos will never be president of Nigeria then you begin to wonder. Majority of people who have such mindset are in corridors of power and making wicked policies. I don't know much on those states you mentioned, what is wrong is wrong no two ways about it. It doesn't mean if a mistake was done before, it should then continue? The nairaland resident zom.bies will eventually grow up to be adults and they will continue with their hatred and animosity towards Igbos which will translate to negative policies towards the east. The truth of the matter is that 1. You are not sincere because of it was your state money you won't be talking like this 2. I am sure you are sympathetic to APC 3. You must either be from western Nigeria or Northern Nigeria. What I see daily here in nairaland is just people trying to play pepper eye politics and majority too catching cruise. Lastly, Delta state won't take any statement made by political elites as the final say.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by CoolAmbience(m): 11:01am On Mar 13, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I won't argue with you. The eastern region is really being marginalized since after the Civil War, it's only mischievous person that pretends not to know. When you start hearing statements such as the Igbos will never be president of Nigeria then you begin to wonder. Majority of people who have such mindset are in corridors of power and making wicked policies. I don't know much on those states you mentioned, what is wrong is wrong no two ways about it. It doesn't mean if a mistake was done before, it should then continue? The nairaland resident zom.bies will eventually grow up to be adults and they will continue with their hatred and animosity towards Igbos which will translate to negative policies towards the east. The truth of the matter is that 1. You are not sincere because of it was your state money you won't be talking like this 2. I am sure you are sympathetic to APC 3. You must either be from western Nigeria or Northern Nigeria. What I see daily here in nairaland is just people trying to play pepper eye politics and majority too catching cruise. Lastly, Delta state won't take any statement made by political elites as the final say.

Quit saying what you know nothing about.

I am Igbo and my wife is Urhobo.

Everyone does not have to be you, who likes to thrive in petty ethnicity.

It is only irresponsible people that spend their lives blaming others for their misfortunes.

How does Igbos not producing the president amount to marginalization? Is presidency given on a platter of gold? You have to work hard to earn it.

You don't earn the presidency by being all over the social media talking nonsense, hating and insulting people from other ethnic groups, whom you need to achieve your presidency.

You sounded like you know alot, yet you claim you do not know about the cases of Joshua Dariye and Jolly Nyame. How sincere is that?

Abeg, go rest joor.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by 9japride(m): 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Quit saying what you know nothing about.

I am Igbo and my wife is Urhobo.

Everyone does not have to be you, who likes to thrive in petty ethnicity.

It is only irresponsible people that spend their lives blaming others for their misfortunes.

How does Igbos not producing the president amount to marginalization? Is presidency given on a platter of gold? You have to work hard to earn it.

You don't earn the presidency by being all over the social media talking nonsense, hating and insulting people from other ethnic groups, whom you need to achieve your presidency.

You sounded like you know alot, yet you claim you do not know about the cases of Joshua Dariye and Jolly Nyame. How sincere is that?

Abeg, go rest joor.

[color=#006600][/color]

I only used the aspect of president post to drive home my point, why because if a large percentage can vow that Igbos will never be president shows a deep hatred towards the Igbos and if they have the keys to nuclear weapon warhead, they will happily press the button. As regards blaming others statement by you, so if those who are negatively affected by Buhari policies complain it then means they are just blabbing? The only thing I love about the northerners is their unity when it comes to serious matters, they drop their political party affiliation/ethnicity/religious differences to achieve their aims but in southern a lot of people will be influenced my political party affiliation/tribe and making a fool of themselves. After all, people will always support what seems to be either right or wrong as far as it pleases them.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by CoolAmbience(m): 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I only used the aspect of president post to drive home my point, why because if a large percentage can vow that Igbos will never be president shows a deep hatred towards the Igbos and if they have the keys to nuclear weapon warhead, they will happily press the button. As regards blaming others statement by you, so if those who are negatively affected by Buhari policies complain it then means they are just blabbing? The only thing I love about the northerners is their unity when it comes to serious matters, they drop their political party affiliation/ethnicity/religious differences to achieve their aims but in southern a lot of people will be influenced my political party affiliation/tribe and making a fool of themselves. After all, people will always support what seems to be either right or wrong as far as it pleases them.

The issue we have down South is we act as though we know, when we know next to nothing.

When I hear people talk about the North hating Igbos and Southerners, I just laugh. There is no such things as 'deep hatred' by one tribe for another. It only exists in the minds of 'little' people.

I will give you two clear examples, before the APC / AD merger, the average Nigerian believes that Tinubu hated Buhari. As a matter of fact, prior to that merger, Tinubu said a lot of unprintable things about Buhari, including to the effects that he was an ethnic bigot and unqualified to be president. Refer to google to check out some of the things Tinubu said about Buhari.

Fast forward to 2015, Tinubu and his allies helped Buhari win all the states in the South west, except Ekiti. So, where did Tinubu / South west hatred for Buhari / North disappear to?

Secondly, as at today, most Southerners, especially people from the South south and South east, believe that Jonathan lost in 2015 because the North hated him and the South. If the North hated Jonathan, how come Jonathan won elections in states in the North, such as Adamawa, Taraba etc, four years earlier?

I was born in the North and I lived about two decades across its length and breath. I have been literally everywhere in Nigeria. Oga, this hatred thing is absolute nonsense. Who cares where the taxi driver, suya man, tailor, trader, doctor, mechanic etc, comes from, if they need to patronise one?

Why are there still Igbos scattered everywhere in the North, doing businesses running into several billions, and making lifelong investments in real estates, transportation, manufacturing etc?

Why are Northerners all over the nooks and cranies, including the remotest enclaves, of the South east, and elsewhere down South? Which sane person goes to reside, year in year out, in the homeland of someone he / she considers an eternal enemy, while raising families and making business investments that transcend generations?

I really do not think that it is the unity among the Northerners that you like. I think it is the incurable, deep-rooted greed of the average Southerner that worries you, as well as the increasing mutual suscipicion too. The sooner we acknowledge this, the better for our collective advancement, otherwise the presidency of Nigeria will continue to elude us.

Let me ask you just one question: name one policy of Buhari that is inimical to one group or section of the country? Just one.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by 9japride(m): 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2021
CoolAmbience:

The issue we have down South is we act as though we know, when we know next to nothing.

When I hear people talk about the North hating Igbos and Southerners, I just laugh. There is no such things as 'deep hatred' by one tribe for another. It only exists in the minds of 'little' people.

I will give you two clear examples, before the APC / AD merger, the average Nigerian believes that Tinubu hated Buhari. As a matter of fact, prior to that merger, Tinubu said a lot of unprintable things about Buhari, including to the effects that he was an ethnic bigot and unqualified to be president. Refer to google to check out some of the things Tinubu said about Buhari.

Fast forward to 2015, Tinubu and his allies helped Buhari win all the states in the South west, except Ekiti. So, where did Tinubu / South west hatred for Buhari / North disappear to?

Secondly, as at today, most Southerners, especially people from the South south and South east, believe that Jonathan lost in 2015 because the North hated him and the South. If the North hated Jonathan, how come Jonathan won elections in states in the North, such as Adamawa, Taraba etc, four years earlier?

I was born in the North and I lived about two decades across its length and breath. I have been literally everywhere in Nigeria. Oga, this hatred thing is absolute nonsense. Who cares where the taxi driver, suya man, tailor, trader, doctor, mechanic etc, comes from, if they need to patronise one?

Why are there still Igbos scattered everywhere in the North, doing businesses running into several billions, and making lifelong investments in real estates, transportation, manufacturing etc?

Why are Northerners all over the nooks and cranies, including the remotest enclaves, of the South east, and elsewhere down South? Which sane person goes to reside, year in year out, in the homeland of someone he / she considers an eternal enemy, while raising families and making business investments that transcend generations?

I really do not think that it is the unity among the Northerners that you like. I think it is the incurable, deep-rooted greed of the average Southerner that worries you, as well as the increasing mutual suscipicion too. The sooner we acknowledge this, the better for our collective advancement, otherwise the presidency of Nigeria will continue to elude us.

Let me ask you just one question: name one policy of Buhari that is inimical to one group or section of the country? Just one.

[color=#006600][/color]

You made a good point. As regards Tinubu, it's just politics at play and it's all about interest. But when it comes to matter of politics that's when you can see the true nature of a zone. That cannot be said for true life situation for example nobody in he's/her right senses will allow someone like GMB to pilot a plane rather they will find a competent pilot. Such can't be said for politics. The earlier you accept the true situation of things the better for you. I won't allow my brother to be taken unaware, the political scene is very rough and full of mischief. Igbos don't play mumu kind of politics of selfishness. That's why others make jest of Igbos not knowing how to play politics. A situation were one will be mute instead of voicing he's /her displeasure to certain issues just to be in the good book of the oppressors. It's rubbish, please don't mislead ignorant Igbos thinking they are being love in this present Nigeria settings. The hate is real. As regards Buhari view of South East, it's not a good one. This present administration have starve the eastern region of serious infrastructural development. It's not today's matter, the eastern region has be starved of federal government presence. Just count the number of federal government presence in Kaduna state alone and you wonder if it's one Nigeria we all preach about. Politics of bitterness is what it's being practice down here that's why we are still left behind and also the issue of nepotism is another thing that is responsible for our setback; putting jokers in sensitive positions and you expect magic? Since we all are in same country, anyone can travel to any state to hustle. It's just for survival nothing more, when it comes to money making nothing like enemy man must chop first. Bros leave this matter, the whole thing is clear no need for arguments about the negative actions towards the east. It's only political party agents that think otherwise. It's just like asking those Igbo guys in APC who are presently chopping government money to say the truth? it's impossible and a bad table manners. I won't say much. One day I believe everything will turn around for the better for the east and those who deliberately try to put the eastern region down will all be put to shame.
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by CoolAmbience(m): 7:23am On Mar 14, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You made a good point. As regards Tinubu, it's just politics at play and it's all about interest. But when it comes to matter of politics that's when you can see the true nature of a zone. That cannot be said for true life situation for example nobody in he's/her right senses will allow someone like GMB to pilot a plane rather they will find a competent pilot. Such can't be said for politics. The earlier you accept the true situation of things the better for you. I won't allow my brother to be taken unaware, the political scene is very rough and full of mischief. Igbos don't play mumu kind of politics of selfishness. That's why others make jest of Igbos not knowing how to play politics. A situation were one will be mute instead of voicing he's /her displeasure to certain issues just to be in the good book of the oppressors. It's rubbish, please don't mislead ignorant Igbos thinking they are being love in this present Nigeria settings. The hate is real. As regards Buhari view of South East, it's not a good one. This present administration have starve the eastern region of serious infrastructural development. It's not today's matter, the eastern region has be starved of federal government presence. Just count the number of federal government presence in Kaduna state alone and you wonder if it's one Nigeria we all preach about. Politics of bitterness is what it's being practice down here that's why we are still left behind and also the issue of nepotism is another thing that is responsible for our setback; putting jokers in sensitive positions and you expect magic? Since we all are in same country, anyone can travel to any state to hustle. It's just for survival nothing more, when it comes to money making nothing like enemy man must chop first. Bros leave this matter, the whole thing is clear no need for arguments about the negative actions towards the east. It's only political party agents that think otherwise. It's just like asking those Igbo guys in APC who are presently chopping government money to say the truth? it's impossible and a bad table manners. I won't say much. One day I believe everything will turn around for the better for the east and those who deliberately try to put the eastern region down will all be put to shame.

1. The East put itself down, no one did.

2. Buhari isn't a pilot, hence not even his wife will fly in the same plane with him. Therefore, your analogy does not fit.

3. The East supported the Obasanjo and Jonathan presidencies for a cumulative of 14 years. What do they have to show for it? Name it!

4. Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Enugu-Port Harcourt Highway, 2nd Niger Bridge, Arochukwu-Bende-Ohafia, under construction under Buhari.

5. The Buhari administration paid N500million to ex Biafran warlords (former police officers) granted presidential pardon since 2000 but left to languish.

6. Revitalized the multimillion Ebonyi fertilizer blending plant, thereby boosting agriculture and creating jobs.

6. Completed the Ziks Mausoleum project that was awarded and abandoned since 2006.

7. What happened under Obasanjo when the Senate Presidency was zoned to the East? How many Senate Presidents did the East produce again? Remind me. Compare it to what transpired when the same position was zoned to the North central.

8. Buhari completed the Ikot Ekpene-Alaoji-Ugwuaji Switching Station and Transmission line.

9. What about the Diagnostic Center project at the Federal Medical Center in Owerri?

10. Isn't it foolish that Buhari can't be allowed to fly a mere plane, but can be allowed to fly (preside over) the entire country for 8 years?
Re: Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways by 9japride(m): 8:03am On Mar 14, 2021
CoolAmbience:

1. The East put itself down, no one did.

2. Buhari isn't a pilot, hence not even his wife will fly in the same plane with him. Therefore, your analogy does not fit.

3. The East supported the Obasanjo and Jonathan presidencies for a cumulative of 14 years. What do they have to show for it? Name it!

4. Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, Enugu-Port Harcourt Highway, 2nd Niger Bridge, Arochukwu-Bende-Ohafia, under construction under Buhari.

5. The Buhari administration paid N500million to ex Biafran warlords (former police officers) granted presidential pardon since 2000 but left to languish.

6. Revitalized the multimillion Ebonyi fertilizer blending plant, thereby boosting agriculture and creating jobs.

6. Completed the Ziks Mausoleum project that was awarded and abandoned since 2006.

7. What happened under Obasanjo when the Senate Presidency was zoned to the East? How many Senate Presidents did the East produce again? Remind me. Compare it to what transpired when the same position was zoned to the North central.

8. Buhari completed the Ikot Ekpene-Alaoji-Ugwuaji Switching Station and Transmission line.

9. What about the Diagnostic Center project at the Federal Medical Center in Owerri?

10. Isn't it foolish that Buhari can't be allowed to fly a mere plane, but can be allowed to fly (preside over) the entire country for 8 years?

[color=#006600][/color]

Bros let's leave this matter. Igbos are not easily deceived.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Building Sealed By EFCC In Wuse 2 Abuja Is Not GTB Property / Okorocha Hijacked APC Officials, Kept Them In Govt House - Sen. Uwajumogu (VID) / Ganduje: Kano Doesn’t Need ‘Shege Ka Fasa’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.