Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,912 members, 7,952,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” (332 Views)

Pastor Ibiyeomie: Ladies Shouldn’t See Their Fiancé’s Manhood Before Marriage / Jehovah Witnesses: Are You The Servants Of Your Fathers, As You Say Jesus Was? / A Verse Which Peoole Try To Use To Say Jesus Is Not God Actually Prove He Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 11, 2021
Why a Christian shouldn’t say “jesus is lord.”

(Phil 2:10-11 kjv) “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Phil 2:10-11 is where most Christians got that phrase “Jesus is lord” from which is actually a reference to a future event at the Great White Throne judgement. This event is yet to happen, and it will happen when all things shall be subdued unto Him (1 Cor 15:27-28 kjv).

However, in this church age, the correct phrase is “Jesus is the Lord.” There is a definite article “THE” to the Lord. Why? Because there are so any lords at the moment. Even the Devil is also a lord; the god of this world. So Jesus is lord and Jesus is the Lord are not the same, and it's a shame you see most churches keep saying Jesus is lord. Now do you think they are been ignorant of this, or just the Devil is the one using them because of their deceitful hearts? Only the Lord knows.
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by chatinent: 7:19am On Mar 11, 2021
I thought he wanted to say Jesus is the Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by doggedfighter(f): 7:28am On Mar 11, 2021
Confused lot at it again !
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 11, 2021
chatinent:

I thought he wanted to say Jesus is the Christ.

(Prov 26:4 kjv) "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

1 Like

Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by harmargedon: 7:34am On Mar 11, 2021
He's own case is Even worse. you're going deeper to prove nothing.
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
Confused lot at it again !

"The Lord" is what solidifies the deity of Christ.
He is not a lord, but the Lord.
He is not a man, but the Man
He is not a way, but the Way
He is not a door, but the Door.

That's why the first to comment on this thread was sad about it because he is a Jehovah's witness that doesn't believe that Jesus is God.
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 11, 2021
harmargedon:
He's own case is Even worse. you're going deeper to prove nothing.

(Prov 26:4 kjv) "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by chatinent: 9:00am On Mar 11, 2021
iyambz:

Yes, that's what I just did to you.
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 11, 2021
Language is very tricky which is why i no longer read the Bible because allowing confusion to accumulate in the mind is almost as dangerous as allowing impurities to accumulate in the body.
We don't need Confusing Concepts all we need is clarity.
Note: I have nothing against Christianity what i just mean is: let there be CLARITY.
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 11, 2021
chatinent:

Yes, that's what I just did to you.

And again...

Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 11, 2021
As expected.

Confusion leads to conflict; both Internal
and External.

You guys don't have to insult someone
to change their beliefs.

Because our beliefs are part of our identity.

Trying to change another person's beliefs
is like trying to remove a part of their
Identity.

And people will fight; in order to protect their
identity.

So no need to fight.

Both of you aren't going to convince each
other of anything.

Because; you are both trying to protect your
Beliefs and to a greater extent your identity.
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Kobojunkie: 11:55am On Mar 11, 2021
Ayo13945:
Language is very tricky which is why i no
longer read the Bible because allowing
confusion to accumulate in the mind is
almost as dangerous as allowing
impurities to accumulate in the body.

We don't need Confusing Concepts all we
need is clarity.

Note: I have nothing against Christianity
what i just mean is:
let there be CLARITY.
I hope you also dont read other books since it all concerns human language which according to you is confusion. undecided

Speaking of confusion, shouldn't you also remain rolled up in one corner, away from the world, since according to you, language is confusiong? undecided
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Hundredfold4lif(m): 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2021
iyambz:

JESUS IS THE LORD SHOULD BE THE RIGHT USAGE.
ONLY SPIRITUAL INFANTS WILL DISAGREE!

1 Like

Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2021
iyambz:
Why a Christian shouldn’t say “jesus is lord.”

(Phil 2:10-11 kjv) “That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Phil 2:10-11 is where most Christians got that phrase “Jesus is lord” from which is actually a reference to a future event at the Great White Throne judgement. This event is yet to happen, and it will happen when all things shall be subdued unto Him (1 Cor 15:27-28 kjv).

However, in this church age, the correct phrase is “Jesus is the Lord.” There is a definite article “THE” to the Lord. Why? Because there are so any lords at the moment. Even the Devil is also a lord; the god of this world. So Jesus is lord and Jesus is the Lord are not the same, and it's a shame you see most churches keep saying Jesus is lord. Now do you think they are been ignorant of this, or just the Devil is the one using them because of their deceitful hearts? Only the Lord knows.

Jesus Christ never gave you commandments on what to call Him or how to address Him. He cares more that you obey His commandments for that is the only way you can show that you love Him as you like to claim you do. undecided

And remember, those who love Jesus Christ are those who accept and obey His teachings. Jesus Christ taught His followers not to teach doctrines and rules of men in place of His very teachings, as the doctrines and traditions/rules of men are nothing but lies which serve only to nullify the power of God and make void our worship of God as a result. undecided

So please, Stop with these your doctrines and rules(commandments of men) which are not of God abeg!
Re: Why A Christian Shouldn’t Say “jesus Is Lord.” by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2021
Let me CLARIFY.

Language; as it is used in the Bible is very
confusing.

Because there were so many bad
translations.

(1) (Reply)

The First Time You Spoke In Tongues: Share The Experience / Christian Beliefs Are Ridiculous. / Bishop TD Jakes Sermons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.