Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Graduates Earning Less Than 35k A Month, How Do You Survive? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduates Earning Less Than 35k A Month, How Do You Survive? (506 Views)

How Do You Survive A Bad Boss? / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Graduates Earning Less Than 35k A Month, How Do You Survive? by Apeshy101(m): 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2021
Preamble: I'm currently taking a python course on Udemy and would love to go further into AI and ML.

I have perceived that my limited knowledge of mathematics (O level) will be a problem for me.

In lieu of the above I was contemplating on writing Jamb and seeking admission or outrightly enrolling for online mathematics classes.

I later opted to go to a formal school. So that even if things didn't go as planned, I would fall back on my certificate.

Why the Question:

However, looking at the current situation in Nigeria.

1. You would need some level of connections to get a decent job in Nigeria.

2. If you don't have connections, you would rely on:

A. Money to sorte things out.
B. Extra ordinary/ outstanding hardwork/performance
C: Luck/Miracle.

I said Extra ordinary hardwork and not just hardwork because in Nigeria, it's only an overly bright person gets recognized and gets opportunities even without connections and money.

For an average student, graduating with a good result and possibility of getting decent jobs are limited.

Now I'm wondering if this is a right choice after all, is the certificate really worth it's reverence without connections and money?

To the Question:

I have read, heard about and seen graduates who earns less than 35k a month.

Those mostly affected are teachers in private schools, employees in low end private establishments, etc.

Most of them take these low paying jobs after several years of futile job hunting.

I don't have connections to get good jobs, they don't have money to spend and lucky also isn't on their side or lets just say there is no miracle forthcoming.

I was recently going through my pdf monthly statement sent by the bank, my total credits for month exceeds 250k but it all almost goes out in debits.

Things are really expensive, inflation has skyrocketed.

Now I'm wondering how do you graduates earning quite low still manage to survive in Nigeria?
Re: Graduates Earning Less Than 35k A Month, How Do You Survive? by purpletrips: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2021
Re: Graduates Earning Less Than 35k A Month, How Do You Survive? by Apeshy101(m): 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2021
purpletrips:

This should be A1 in space booking

(1) (Reply)

Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Internship & Exp. Job Recruitment / Urgent Walk-in-interview / Bleu Orange Oxford Ace A Subsidiary Of Oxford International Group Is Seeking To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.