Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa (34427 Views)

How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable / Osinbajo, Patience Jonathan, Tinubu, Orubebe, Ooni,sultan At Aisha's Book Launch / Buhari Hosts Ooni, Sultan, Others To Iftar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by Shine86: 1:03am On Mar 12, 2021
Rugaria:
They are always positioning the sultan first... Trying hard to make it look like he is the premier traditional stool in Nigeria, which is nothing but a fat lie. Both the Oni and the Obi as traditional institutions have been there before the Hausas surrendered to these folks from Futaa jallon few years ago.. Trying to make it look like the overdressed sultan is the highest "traditional deity" in Nigeria is not just preposterous, it amounts to a great disservice to history..
Blame the reporter my brother. The media is part of the problem, you can see how the reporter simply put it "the sultan, oni and others, without according any respect to the obi who represents the interest of a major stakeholder. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by TAO11(f): 1:09am On Mar 12, 2021
Coronabirus:
[s]You need to accept fact even in shame. There was strong traditional institutions with very good leadership structure in the North before all those u aforementioned know how to wear clothes. Over 700yrs back there was religion, education, schools, traditional attire & perfect leadership system in the north through which the current sultan inherited today that is why when whites came they handed over & favour North because the amazingly saw what they never expected to see in Africa in the North. Those years down the south many people walk naked untill when whites rescued then and bless them with religion, education & clothes which were all enjoyed many centuries before whites step their foot in Nigeria.
Sultan has more followers, have stronger institution than any other monarch in Nigeria, is among the most prominent persons who command high level of respect in the world. Queen Elizabeth has more respect for late Ado Bayero than any other monarch in the world, she knows better![/s]
The Sokoto Sultanate or Caliphate was founded by Uthman Dan Fodio in 1803.

His son Sultan Muhammad Bello succeeded him to the throne in 1817.

Their descendent Muhammadu Sa'ad Abubakar (present Sultan) ascended the throne in 2006.

In other words, the over-hyped Sokoto Sultanate began only 218 years ago.

Whereas, ordinary Benin kingdom has its first oba-ship dating to circa year 1200 — that is, about 821 years ago.

Do I need remark separately on the antiquity of the sacred kingdom of IFẸ̀ which is the grand-father of them all??

Modified:
Lest I forget your ludicrous and foolishly ignorant remark on clothes.

Listen, the Yorubas have been manufacturing textiles, glass, dichroic beads, metals, etc. centuries before your ‘greatest’ monarchy was established.

For example, my DP shows an ancient ‘bronze’ cast of a certain Ooni of Ife who is evidently lavished with beads, quality textile, etc.

This ‘bronze’ cast is dated by thermoluminescence test to about 721 years ago [see: D. Calvocoressi & Nicholas David, (1979), p. 18.]. And there are several much more older samples than this.

In other words, we’ve been using clothes centuries before your ‘greatest’ monarchy was first founded.

Cc: Rugaria

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by calcal: 1:13am On Mar 12, 2021
post=99804315:

Whatever will move our nation forward and bring lasting peace us all we are after @[/b].

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo as they move our nation forward.

[b]God bless Nigeria.

I can pay you more!
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:36am On Mar 12, 2021
TAO11:
That’s false.
Each of them is a co-chairman of the council.
someone must be chairman btw them but based on sitting sultan is the chairman
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by TAO11(f): 1:56am On Mar 12, 2021
hakeemhakeem:
someone must be chairman btw them
The Nigerian Government clearly has a long way to go on education.

To educate you again though: No single one of the duo is the chairman.

I have provided you with evidence for this fact. You have instead provided me with ignorant stubbornness.

Moreover, the English word “Co-Chairman” (which you also used) should have informed you that there are two* individuals with the same authority in the council.

... but based on sitting sultan is the chairman
What sitting arrangement is that? The one attached below?

And what is the relevance of such sitting arrangement to the English word “Co-Chairman”?

———————
*”Two” in this context.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by IAMPEDRO: 2:01am On Mar 12, 2021
IamAsiri:

No. I think he needs to go for English classes first.
Lol....... Better
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by IAMPEDRO: 2:08am On Mar 12, 2021
GeneralPula:

I’m sure he would be there if invited..
Ok sir. lwkmd...........
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by bmaks: 3:11am On Mar 12, 2021
wwwihy:
Ranking of Obas

Sebi it was done on purpose to send all of you to think that's what it should be.... You think they don't know why they did that to skew history and silent your reasonings
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by 9jaRealist: 3:35am On Mar 12, 2021
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by ThatFairGuy1: 4:55am On Mar 12, 2021
lexy2014:

Who is a patriot & who is an enemy of f d statr?
Someone like you who keep asking infuriating questions are enemies of The State. All of us from Manna are Patriots angry
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by Karlosorji(m): 5:08am On Mar 12, 2021
post=99804315:

Whatever will move our nation forward and bring lasting peace us all we are after @[/b].

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo as they move our nation forward.

[b]God bless Nigeria.
our problem in this country is that we are never realistic in tackling our problems. We are just too selfish for development
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by Karlosorji(m): 5:19am On Mar 12, 2021
SegFault:

Bros this doesn't really mean anything, must we always turn everything to a tribal problem. Tribalism is really worse than racism.
You can’t force different tribes to live together and expect them not to promote tribalism. It’s in our nature
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by lexy2014: 5:28am On Mar 12, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

Someone like you who keep asking infuriating questions are enemies of The State. All of us from Manna are Patriots angry

How does asking u infuriating questions make me an enemy of d state and what makes all of u from manna patriots?
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by ddeola: 5:35am On Mar 12, 2021
Waste f time, they will never tell him the truth. Just-collect-and-go kinda meeting. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by 247Dior(m): 5:39am On Mar 12, 2021
wwwihy:
Ranking of Obas
Ranking by who?

Read
Copied
That are always positioning the sultan first... Trying hard to make it look like he is the premier traditional stool in Nigeria, which is nothing but a fat lie. Both the Oni and the Obi as traditional institutions have been there before the Hausas surrendered to these folks from Futaa jallon few years ago.. Trying to make it look like the overdressed sultan is the highest "traditional deity" in Nigeria is not just preposterous, it amounts to a great disservice to history..
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by Daum: 6:29am On Mar 12, 2021
Oba of Benin no day go gathering like this now. These gatherings barely even bring any meaningful results. It's just a picture gathering
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by KenModi(m): 6:32am On Mar 12, 2021
Daddysidhan:
3nd class monarch are not invited.

The Oba of Benin is not an asslicker.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2021
TAO11:
The Nigerian Government clearly has a long way to go on education.

To educate you again through: No single one of the duo is the chairman.

I have provided you with evidence for this fact. You have instead provided me with ignorant stubbornness.

Moreover, the English word “Co-Chairman” (which you also used) should have informed you that there are two* individuals with the same authority in the council.

What sitting arrangement is that? The one attached below?

And what is the relevance of such sitting arrangement to the English word “Co-Chairman”?

———————
*”Two” in this context.

since you decided to copy from net read this (

HOMEWATCH LIVENEWSOUR SHOWSTV GUIDEADVERTISEABOUT SILVERBIRD TELEVISIONCONTACT US

POLITICS UNCATEGORIZED

Ooni Ogunwusi Takes Over as NCTRN Co-Chair

Kunle Awosiyan 5 years ago 6.4 K

SHARES

WhatsappGoogleTweetShare

The Ooni of Ife, His Imperial Majesty, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi has been announced as the Co-Chairman of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria, NCTRN in which His Eminence, Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji (Dr) Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar is the Chairman.

This was contained in an advertorial placed by the council in a national newspaper, Leadership and signed by the secretary of the council, His Royal Majesty, Oba Aderemi Adedapo, Alademore of Ido-Osun.

The advertorial stated, “The general public is hereby notified that the above council, which has approval of Corporate Affairs Commission for registration under part ‘C’ of the Companies and Allied Matters, Act 1990 has amended its composition consequent upon the demise of Ooni Okunade Sijuwade, Olubuse II, the council has amended its composition and replaced with Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi. He is also the Co-Chairman.)simple life scenario among two person one must be head
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by ThatFairGuy1: 7:22am On Mar 12, 2021
lexy2014:

How does asking u infuriating questions make me an enemy of d state and what makes all of u from manna patriots?
No be me and you this morning.
Dey there dey expect response. It'll come to a time I'll just view your mention and face front.

Mr questionnaire

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by lexy2014: 7:25am On Mar 12, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

No be me and you this morning.
Dey there dey expect response. It'll come to a time I'll just view your mention and face front.

Mr questionnaire

Name calling doesn't answer questions. I thought u would be excited to explain how u are patriot just because u are from manna:

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by 4four(m): 7:37am On Mar 12, 2021
SegFault:

I don't believe in such, if we had looked above tribe in Nigeria, we would have been far ahead but look at us now. You define your identity and who you are, you don't need any race, nation, tribe or group to define who you are, the sooner we realise this that is the moment a lot of problems would be solved.
what u said is true for Sane country where every tribe are equal both by laws and on reality but this country called Nigeria is Insane country being lead by insane leaders, country where one particular tribe believe it is more supreme to other tribes, take for instance, there is one major tribe in Nigeria that had already been over run by this tribe that want to dominate others, from their traditional stood, to their political class down to their land had been over run by this tribe. Me I will not want that to happen to my tribe in the name of one Nigeria
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by LANDLORD72: 8:31am On Mar 12, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....
Oba of Benin can't go to such a cesspit
Oba of Benin is dead listen to Murphy faze on YouTube
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by SaintBeehot(m): 8:33am On Mar 12, 2021
TAO11:

Their descendent Muhammadu Sa'ad Abubakar (present Sultan) ascended the throne in 2006.

Whereas, ordinary Benin kingdom has its first oba-ship dating to circa year 1200 — that is, about 821 years ago.

Do I need remark separately on the antiquity of the sacred kingdom of IFẸ̀ which is the grand-father of them all??

Modified:

Listen, the Yorubas have been manufacturing textiles, glass, dichroic beads, metals, etc. centuries before your ‘greatest’ monarchy was established.

For example, my DP shows an ancient ‘bronze’ cast of a certain Oni of Ife who is evidently lavished with beads, quality textile, etc.

This ‘bronze’ cast is dated by thermoluminescence test to about 721 years ago. And there are several much older examples. [see: D. Calvocoressi & Nicholas David, (1979), p. 18.]

In other words, we’ve been using clothes centuries before your greatest monarchy was first founded.
she's back again with proven facts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by JuniorEmmanuel: 8:46am On Mar 12, 2021
MysteryShopper:
Obi of Onitsha representing the SOUTHEAST

Ooni of Ife representing the SOUTHWEST

Sultan of Sokoto representing the NORTH

These are the 3 most influential and powerful stools in Nigeria
And Obong of Calabar representing the SOUTH -SOUTH
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by okhaiii(m): 8:58am On Mar 12, 2021
BABA no dey waka anyhow rather na them go find am come. We only have 1kingdom in naija which is benin kingdom.
Daddysidhan:
3nd class monarch are not invited.
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by TAO11(f): 9:50am On Mar 12, 2021
hakeemhakeem:
[s]since you decided to copy from net read this (

HOMEWATCH LIVENEWSOUR SHOWSTV GUIDEADVERTISEABOUT SILVERBIRD TELEVISIONCONTACT US

POLITICS UNCATEGORIZED

Ooni Ogunwusi Takes Over as NCTRN Co-Chair

Kunle Awosiyan 5 years ago 6.4 K
SHARES

WhatsappGoogleTweetShare

The Ooni of Ife, His Imperial Majesty, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi has been announced as the Co-Chairman of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria, NCTRN in which His Eminence, Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji (Dr) Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar is the Chairman.

This was contained in an advertorial placed by the council in a national newspaper, Leadership and signed by the secretary of the council, His Royal Majesty, Oba Aderemi Adedapo, Alademore of Ido-Osun.

The advertorial stated, “The general public is hereby notified that the above council, which has approval of Corporate Affairs Commission for registration under part ‘C’ of the Companies and Allied Matters, Act 1990 has amended its composition consequent upon the demise of Ooni Okunade Sijuwade, Olubuse II, the council has amended its composition and replaced with Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi. He is also the Co-Chairman.)simple life scenario among two person one must be head[/s]

You keep embarrassing yourself repeatedly, and you keep happily displaying your utter disregard for facts and common sense.

Muhammad Sa’ad was the (only) chairman of the council during the short while when there was no Ooni at Ife.

But as soon as Oba Adeyeye ascended the Ife throne (after the passing of the late Ooni — Oba Sijuwade); the council went back to status-quo of having two co-chairs.

A Gentle Reminder — A.K.A. ENG 101:
In the English language, there is no such thing as “a chairman and a co-chairman”.

The correct wording is either “two chairmen” or “two co-chairmen”.

These are the correct wordings if indeed this subject and your replies are in the English language.

A good example (in this context) is the word “co-parent”. There is no such thing as “a parent and a co-parent”.

You have either “two parents” or “two co-parents.” The correct wording is one of these.

You seem to be a good evidence of why this country requires an urgent education reform.

Catchment based education is indeed a terrible thing. [facepalms].

Cheers!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by TAO11(f): 10:42am On Mar 12, 2021
AreaFada2:

[s]Obi of Onitsha is a very very great monarch. He comports himself with much wisdom and dignity.

Oba of Benin does not go out that much to places that much. He can. After all see these leaders at will.
Oba of Benin considers the reason for such meetings carefully.

People show a picture of Oba at the back in a picture, well the Oba must have a scepter bearer next to him. In that picture the Oba went to tell visiting prince Charles that Britain should return Benin Art works, not just a for the Jamboree. It is on record he told prince Charles just that.

Today a museum is being built in Benin that is capable of accommodating such precious art works. Inadequate museum was one of the major excuses UK was giving for keeping the works in UK.

Different monarchs have different histories and traditions, they do their things in that manner I presume.

Alafin also wasn't present. Leader of a former great empire too. Live and let's live.[/s]
You think you really need the the false patching and exaggeration?? Lol.

There should be no shame in saying things as they actually are — that is, your Oba of Benin was simply uninvited or probably disinvited. Lol.

He would have been in Abuja in a matter of ‘seconds’ if the President and Commander-in-Chief had cared to invite him. There is no pointing tricking your own mind otherwise.

Even the Chairman of Oredo LGA (in Edo State) is imbued with more power than the Oba of Benin. Let alone the Governor of Edo State.

Let alone the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces. You all play a lot. Lol.

In summary, the leadership of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria (NCTRN) was invited — the Ooni and the Sultan.

And they were obviously invited alongside the leading monarchs from the respective regions of Nigeria which are the determinants of the nation as a ‘going concern’.

Cc: Gbagura

——————
BTW, I learnt from a Benin source that the reigning Oba of Benin (Ewuare II) died recently and joined his Yoruba ancestors.

Can you confirm if this is true, or should we just wait for an official announcement from the Benin palace?

[Not the Chief Obasogie oo. I mean the Benin king himself].

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by ogbonti: 11:01am On Mar 12, 2021
Rugaria:
They are always positioning the sultan first... Trying hard to make it look like he is the premier traditional stool in Nigeria, which is nothing but a fat lie. Both the Oni and the Obi as traditional institutions have been there before the Hausas surrendered to these folks from Futaa jallon few years ago.. Trying to make it look like the overdressed sultan is the highest "traditional deity" in Nigeria is not just preposterous, it amounts to a great disservice to history..

whether Sultan or no Sultan - all these bunch are the reason Nigeria is backward today - They should all be dethroned and go get a regular job

They can not create peace in their communities, they are no longer feared and respected - so that means they can not even enforce the cultural

ways of taboos which makes it a sacrilege for certain things to happen - rape, killings and kidnappings everywhere. These bunch are of no economic

value, instead they are fleecing the system by collecting outrageous upkeep allowances at the detriment of the people. They are men of nuisance

value and they should all be dethroned with their palaces converted to IDP camps for the very citizens they betrayed whom they should serve!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by Rugaria: 11:15am On Mar 12, 2021
ogbonti:

whether Sultan or no Sultan - all these bunch are the reason Nigeria is backward today - They should all be dethroned and go get a regular job

They can not create peace in their communities, they are no longer feared and respected - so that means they can not even enforce the cultural

ways of taboos which makes it a sacrilege for certain things to happen - rape, killings and kidnappings everywhere. These bunch are of no economic

value, instead they are fleecing the system by collecting outrageous upkeep allowances at the detriment of the people. They are men of nuisance

value and they should all be dethroned with their palaces converted to IDP camps for the very citizens they betrayed whom they should serve!!!

I can't put it better! Totally Totally in agreement with you.. They should go and apply for jobs. Fat parasites! All of them!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by Rugaria: 11:29am On Mar 12, 2021
TAO11:

Modified:

For example, my DP shows an ancient ‘bronze’ cast of a certain Ooni of Ife who is evidently lavished with beads, quality textile, etc.

This ‘bronze’ cast is dated by thermoluminescence test to about 721 years ago [see: D. Calvocoressi & Nicholas David, (1979), p. 18.]. And there are several much more older samples than this.

In other words, we’ve been using clothes centuries before your ‘greatest’ monarchy was first founded.

Cc: Rugaria

I saw his post.. The whole thing was so full of haughty outbursts that I didn't know what to do with it..
Good you put him in his place. But will he be humble enough to learn?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 12, 2021
TAO11:

Modified:

You're very ignorant of history. Danfodio neither established nor brought religion to the North. There was traditional rule and religion many centuries before Danfodio's father was born. Danfodio is commonly known as restorer; he fought against injustice of Northern traditional rulers and replace their cruel system with Islamic justice system that's the only thing he did.
Go and learn history because our system doesn't start from Sultan era, it's long predated centuries before those years.
Re: Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa by dododawa1: 11:43am On Mar 12, 2021
meeting meeting and meetings no result

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Capture 2 Wives Of Boko Haram Commander In Adamawa / Buhari Sacks Director-Generals Of NTA, NBC, NOA & 3 Others / Hakeem Baba-Ahmed Dumps APC (Saraki’s Chief Of Staff)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.