Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,618 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable (22035 Views)

Buhari Meets Ooni, Sultan, Other Monarchs In Aso Villa / Top Ten Unresolved Murders Involving Top Nigerians / Nigerians Made The Mistake Of Voting For Buhari - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by dre11(m): 10:39am On Aug 07, 2021
How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable Despite Atrocities
How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable Despite Atrocities

The group had been accused of being responsible for the killings and slaughtering of innocent people in North-Central, South-East, South-West, and South-South regions.

In the last six years, different interest groups in Nigeria have asked the Muhammadu Buhari-led government to label the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) a terrorist group over its alleged involvement in banditry activities.

The group had been accused of being responsible for the killings and slaughtering of innocent people in North-Central, South-East, South-West, and South-South regions.

Formed in the early 1970s and headquartered in Kaduna State, MACBAN was as an advocacy group for Fulani herders for many decades.

The activities of the organisation involved liaising with the government on behalf of pastoralists, land use rights, nomadic education and conflict resolution between pastoralists and farmers.

It also supported protecting and increasing grazing reserves for cattle breeders in the country. However, not all pastoralists intended to stay within grazing reserves and the organisation provided information to convince grazing reserve skeptics among the nomads to buy into the idea.

As the major promoter of welfare of Fulani pastoralists, increase in clashes between herders and farming communities, mostly from other ethnic groups since the Buhari-led government brought MACBAN into a wider consciousness.

With death tolls on the rise, many people pointed accusatory fingers at the group.

However, some notable Nigerians of Fulani extraction and others who are patrons and board of trustees’ members of the association have made it untouchable.

Serving as grand patrons of the association are President Buhari and his predecessor, Goodluck Jonathan.

According to Wikipedia, the MACBAN’s board of trustees is always led by the Sultan of Sokoto.

“The group's board of trustees is led by the Sultan of Sokoto and it receives funding from the board and other donors. The national chairman is elected every four years. When MACBAN was founded it received support from Sultan Abubakar III, Aminu, Emir Zazzau, Usman Nagogo, the Emir of Katsina and Ado Bayero, late Emir of Kano. The emirs of these emirates compose a part of the group's board of trustees,” information about the group reads.

Muhammadu Sanusi, deposed Emir of Kano had in 2018 said he was a patron of the association.

“As I understand it when Miyetti Allah was first set up, they requested a few Fulani emirs to be their patrons in their capacity as emirs. The first grand patron was Sultan Abubakar III and he was replaced by successive Sultans – Dasuki, Maccido and Saad Abubakar now,” he told Punch.

“Other patrons were emir of Kano, Lamido of Adamawa and emirs of Zazzau and Katsina, I believe. So, my predecessor was a patron and on my ascension to the throne, I became a patron. This is all nominal.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/06/how-buhari-jonathan-sultan-other-top-nigerians-made-miyetti-allah-untouchable-despite

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 07, 2021
Who made Asari Dokunbo and Govt. Tompolo who is presently wanted untouchable?

When a southerner takes over in 2023, all this fulanis talk go reduce.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by ogododo: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2021
dre11:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/06/how-buhari-jonathan-sultan-other-top-nigerians-made-miyetti-allah-untouchable-despite

Lalasticlala

As in ?

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by 143WaZoBia: 11:10am On Aug 07, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Who made Asari Dokunbo and Govt. Tompolo who is presently wanted untouchable?

A valid question

Modified:
yinks77:

This question shows how heartless, and lacking in empathy you people are. How many times have Topolo and asari invaded other people's land, rape their women and killed them with impunity. You ask this question to justify why miyetty allah is untouchable because you benefit from the barbaric actions of the group against innocent citizens. One word for you evil people, suffering never last for ever. Your evil will boomerang and swallow you all someday.
If you don’t know something just shut up and don’t be acting a fool.
What the Ijaw boys did in Isawo ikorodu go and ask anybody living in Maba or Igbo olomu in ikorodu from 2013 to 2016 that Buhari took over government they will tell you how Ijaws were killing, robbing, raping and kidnapping both in the middle of the night and broad day light. My sister was almost hit by a stray bullet that went past her head right in her own house. I don’t think Ijaws are indigenous to ikorodu. They kidnapped a pastor on a Sunday morning when he was about conducting Sunday service right in his church. My friend that was friend to them always say nothing was going to happen because of the type of ammunition they had but I used to tell him that when government is ready they will be wiped off. Please when you see evil condemn it.
Make sure you read the attached link. It’s important.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/rccg-pastor-kidnapped/amp/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by sapientia(m): 11:13am On Aug 07, 2021
lol

we know who gave them the most power

Buhari

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by teigan: 11:15am On Aug 07, 2021

1 Like

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by aylive02(m): 11:15am On Aug 07, 2021
Fvck Both APC and PDP. Jonathan the clueless drunkard led us into voting the Daura bastard. I repeat, FvCk those parties and their supporters

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Sebastine1994(m): 11:15am On Aug 07, 2021
Hausa language should become the official language of Nigeria, since so many Nigerians are forced to learn hausa to communicate with their master

Igbo language is gradually going extinct like the ibani language. because Igbos are show off. half of all Igbos can speak hausa, and you don't want the fulani man to conquer you. let us see.

over 4million language have gone extinct in this world, a superior language takes over, that is survival of the fittest

I see a lot of political illiterates on this forum.

All they want is my opinion and reaction to every issue.

60% of southerners can speak hausa language but cannot speak their own language. later you complain that the hausa man is conquering you

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Aj1944(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
I
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Jerryherd: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
cool

2023 hand go begin tourch them

Can this idiots try this madness with General Abacha, or President Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by elganzar(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
They'll have their share of it, just exercise little patience...
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
They are the owner of Nigeria
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Gambit23: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
dre11:

Lies
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by dmbb: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
I love North and Nigeria in general but any group from the North or elsewhere that is not peaceful should be dealt with

1 Like

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Circuitlord(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
W
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by graphics101: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2021
shocked
Well, this is new. Kinda.
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Prosperous111(m): 11:17am On Aug 07, 2021
Everything get time. It would be over for all of them soon. Even buhari their leader
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Wizygreat12: 11:17am On Aug 07, 2021
Last last na God and Dis grace go meet them yeye people embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by omoadeleye(m): 11:17am On Aug 07, 2021
MACBAN is the official Nigeria terrorist...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by zombieHUNTER: 11:17am On Aug 07, 2021
undecided
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by greenie77: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2021
Unfortunate.
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by punisha: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2021
When the chicken comes home to roost.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by handsomeyinka(m): 11:19am On Aug 07, 2021
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Jomifo: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2021
I true
Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by b3llo(m): 11:20am On Aug 07, 2021
Supporting Fulani Government is a disaster even Jonathan follow.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari, Jonathan, Sultan, Other Top Nigerians Made Miyetti Allah Untouchable by Blessme4(f): 11:20am On Aug 07, 2021
How did Jonathan's name end up there..? You people won't leave him alone and focus on your mess

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister / Buhari Warned Of Impending Religious Crisis - Saharareporters / David Jang Meets Bishop Oyedepo Over His 2019 Presidential Ambition(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.