Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? (557 Views)

Fintech Company, PASSYXCHANGE Signs Ammma, Thefeyiii, Softjo & Chisom E / Business Name Vs Limited Liability Company: What Is The Difference? / Best Mobile Recharge API Service Provider Company | What Is API (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by Hylla05: 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2021
Hello peeps!
I am gonna start a new fintech startup soon like Paystack and Flutterwave.

Fintech is a nice niche to venture in, in Africa due to the less condensed sphere.

I am gonna work very nicely on it and get the best teammates.

Meanwhile, what advice or recommendations can you give me on this project?
Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by aikfrank(m): 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2021
What's your start up capital?

1 Like

Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
If i have the money. What i should start in Nigeria and make billions of naira annually is a stock brokerage firm. A broker that will allow Nigerians in particular and Africans at large to buy and sell stocks listed on NYSE, Nasdaq and AMEX to name a few.

If you are an investor you will understand how terrible it is finding a broker that will allow Nigerians invest directly on any US stock. I know there are handfuls of brokers already in Nigeria like Passfollio, Trove, Chaka and Bamboo, but this firms only list companies they feel are safe thereby limiting your chances of making a big money from start up companies. This companies limit the kind of stocks you can trade. They don't list all the US stocks. In fact, they don't have up to 20% of the stocks. Passfollio is even better because its free commission trade. The only one left Nigerians can use is ChoiceTrade with poor interface, old website they have refused to update just like Nairaland grin ChoiceTrade is based in Chicago but Americans don't use it. How will they use it when they have hundreds of competitive brokers to choose from?

Many brokerage firms like Interactive brokers, TD Ameritrade, Trading 212 and Trade Station, allow every other African country except Nigeria. Reason being that Nigeria is a Red Zone. Insurgency and fulani Herdsmen. I almost cried one day begging a customer care representative to allow me open an account with them. He said based on regulations, Nigerians cannot open an account with them. Its a sin being a Nigerian and very frustrating if you are a stock market trader.

If i have the technical know-how, I will start a stock brokerage firm that can allow Nigerians trade the US stocks directly. I'm going to make it big and my clients will make big money too.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by bnanzip(m): 7:54pm On Mar 11, 2021
Ifesinachi22:
If i have the money. What i should start in Nigeria and make billions of naira annually is a stock brokerage firm. A broker that will allow Nigerians in particular and Africans at large to buy and sell stocks listed on NYSE, Nasdaq and AMEX to name a few.

If you are an investor you will understand how terrible it is finding a broker that will allow Nigerians invest directly on any US stock. I know there are handfuls of brokers already in Nigeria like Passfollio, Trove, Chaka and Bamboo, but this firms only list companies they feel are safe thereby limiting your chances of making a big money from start up companies. This companies limit the kind of stocks you can trade. They don't list all the US stocks. In fact, they don't have up to 20% of the stocks. Passfollio is even better because its free commission trade. The only one left Nigerians can use is ChoiceTrade with poor interface, old website they have refused to update just like Nairaland grin ChoiceTrade is based in Chicago but Americans don't use it. How will they use it when they have hundreds of competitive brokers to choose from?

Many brokerage firms like Interactive brokers, TD Ameritrade, Trading 212 and Trade Station, allow every other African country except Nigeria. Reason being that Nigeria is a Red Zone. Insurgency and fulani Herdsmen. I almost cried one day begging a customer care representative to allow me open an account with them. He said based on regulations, Nigerians cannot open an account with them. Its a sin being a Nigerian and very frustrating if you are a stock market trader.

If i have the technical know-how, I will start a stock brokerage firm that can allow Nigerians trade the US stocks directly. I'm going to make it big and my clients will make big money too.

Iam interested in this too but I need someone who has years of experience and knowledge of it.
Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by Mide3367: 8:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

I use passfolio. Can u recommend another I can use please?
Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2021
Mide3367:
I use passfolio. Can u recommend another I can use please?

ChoiceTrade
Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2021
Hylla05:
Hello peeps!
I am gonna start a new fintech startup soon like Paystack and Flutterwave.

Fintech is a nice niche to venture in, in Africa due to the less condensed sphere.

I am gonna work very nicely on it and get the best teammates.

Meanwhile, what advice or recommendations can you give me on this project?
In what areas do you need contributions, anyway, i will suggest you add an e-scrow service, mostly for international transactions, to reduce the rate at which nigerians are being scammed.
Meanwhile, i'm always available to work in your team.
Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2021
bnanzip:

Iam interested in this too but I need someone who has years of experience and knowledge of it.
Let's talk about this.
Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by Aquilazng(m): 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

We in the same shoe thinking same in same situ' . honestly that's why south Africans youths are thriving n soaring so high and eradicating poverty in their land. But opp is d case here. My resolution is that, I don't think its hard to start brokerage business here in naija. Let's brainstorm and come out with a good solution. Before the thieves will steal this idea.

1 Like

Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by Mide3367: 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

ChoiceTrade
thanks..
Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by Ifesinachi22(m): 11:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
Aquilazng:

We in the same shoe thinking same in same situ' . honestly that's why south Africans youths are thriving n soaring so high and eradicating poverty in their land. But opp is d case here. My resolution is that, I don't think its hard to start brokerage business here in naija. Let's brainstorm and come out with a good solution. Before the thieves will steal this idea.

So many ideas, so little money. How do we even start?

I read somewhere that you will write and pass two exams(Like Series 7 exam), before you can be a licensed broker. Getting regulatory licences requires money too. Another stock brokerage firm will sponsor you before you can get a licence. You will then belong to SIPC and FINRA.

Another way, after passing the exam you can decide to be your own broker. You can set yourself up as a self-employed trader. There is no license required to trade stocks in your own brokerage account. As a self-employed trader, the trading capital you use will be your own money, so if you are not a successful trader, it could be a very short-lived career. On the more positive side you can start small and learn how to trade profitably before you turn work as a trader into a full-time profession.
Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by wickyyolo: 6:35am On Mar 12, 2021
You came late for the party. Although if you want to enter there is a cheap way to do it that you will not need CBN expensive licenses
Re: I'm Starting A Fintech Company, What Advice Do You Have For Me? by jidowu84: 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

So many ideas, so little money. How do we even start?

I read somewhere that you will write and pass two exams(Like Series 7 exam), before you can be a licensed broker. Getting regulatory licences requires money too. Another stock brokerage firm will sponsor you before you can get a licence. You will then belong to SIPC and FINRA.

Another way, after passing the exam you can decide to be your own broker. You can set yourself up as a self-employed trader. There is no license required to trade stocks in your own brokerage account. As a self-employed trader, the trading capital you use will be your own money, so if you are not a successful trader, it could be a very short-lived career. On the more positive side you can start small and learn how to trade profitably before you turn work as a trader into a full-time profession.
I am also interested in this project but what I want to ship in is that we start by disruption. I.e fintech broker. Meaning we can leverage on technology to break into the brokerage mkt.

(1) (Reply)

How I Made My First Million – Obi Cubana / How Do You Start "X" Type Of Business / Is Banggood Legit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.