Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) (68217 Views)

£4.2m Ibori Loot Paid To Delta State Government – Accountant General / Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways / Falana Criticizes FG, Says Ibori Loot Belongs To Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Olatomiwami(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2021
Occurstaem:

I don't know where you got the notion that Yoruba are against the money being return to Delta State. It seems to me that at any slightest opportunity you just like tarnishing the image of Yoruba.
Please tell me who is Femi Falana?
Wasn't he not the first person that asked the FG to return the money to Delta State?
Is he not Yoruba?

U get their time, leave them to their follies on faceless forum.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by 9japride(m): 10:58am On Mar 12, 2021
authority2006:

Trashy nonsense. Perhaps Femi Falana, the first and only lawyer to speak against the FG's decision is not from the Yoruba land but from your region. I don't even understand why many of you believe that it is the Yorubas that should be fighting your battles for you! How many people from your own state have spoken up?

Seriously, you should.
[color=#006600][/color]

Femi Falana is a rare breed westerner. Nobody should take another state money simple. I don't play politics of bitterness, I only state the facts. Oppression won't lead Nigeria anywhere. Let me ask you on one on one basis, do you support the federal government taking over the money or do you support the idea that the money should be used to facilitate infrastructural development in Delta state under strict supervision?
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:01am On Mar 12, 2021
Mindlog:
That is no excuse as the money still belongs to Deltans, what stops setting up a process where people impacting projects are identified,.for example renovations of selected public primary schools across the 25 local government areas of the state without the state government soley awarding the contracts but a tripartite of the UK's Department for International Development (DFID,), the Federal government and the Delta state government so that the children can enjoy conducive learning environment, what Ibori and his successors have denied them.
lonecatt:
This is no excuse
The federal govt can use the funds in executing federal initiated projects in delta state that will be fully supervised by the same federal govt, they don't have to return the loot to delta state government.

The loot is for delta people and should be used for the service of the people.
1MCN:
The money belongs to the people of Delta state. If the FG has helped to bring it back they can go ahead and collect the service charge ONLY.

Why is justice such a difficult thing in this part of the world?!

Lol but I thought former Governor of Delta state Uduaghan said no money was stolen? Which money are we talking about?

Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Olatomiwami(m): 11:05am On Mar 12, 2021
mogbeyiteren:
Ibori's wealth is not gotten from Delta State but rather Abacha.... everyone should take note, he never stole a dine from Delta State

What!!! Since Abacha never had wealth to his name or fore fathers, it was a stolen money, stole by Ibori, then is fed govt money according to your theory, loud it to Deltans then.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by membranus: 11:07am On Mar 12, 2021
bigfish3k:
SW has started with their nonsense and tricky journalism.
I noticed that most afonjas don't support that the money be returned to Delta State
I also noticed that most afonjas support wickedness and cheatings that is not directed at them

If Delta State were in the SW, would you have posted this?

I am still searching to see what wrong igbos did to these chameleons to deserve this hatred. Mtchew

Is Ibori now an authentic Igbo man, and no more a bastard outcast?

Another strategy for the Igbos to claim Deltans wealth.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Omanze: 11:47am On Mar 12, 2021
Who becomes the governor of a state is an internal affairs of that state.

Whatever is adopted in this instance will be applicable to any other state in the country.

Yes Delta State today. It may be kaduna or Kwara tomorrow.

The Court will however set the record straight on this matter. Not just AGF Malami.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Origin(f): 11:52am On Mar 12, 2021
Yes the money belongs to the people of delta ....

And should be used to pay directly for a project identified for each local government area in delta.

The money should be paid to contractors for a clearly identified project in each LGA.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by dotedote: 12:16pm On Mar 12, 2021
[b][/b]..
plaindealer:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13247204_3_jpeg182845aceb39c9e413e28fd549058cf8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13247202_6_jpegc57de7ffb63a04971dc3a933cf2f080d

[im.,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,, ,,, ,,,g]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/13247203_5_jpg032b2cc936860b03048302d991c3498f[/img]

Ibori is still the governor by proxy, he's still the kingmaker, this hot caller and the most powerful man in Delta state, Okowo is his errand boy and he won't hesitate to return that money to Ibori his master.

Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Ikinternational: 12:17pm On Mar 12, 2021
rockyh:
which Delta state its in Anambra state

Seriously laugh out loud
Are you even Nigerian sef.

Or imported from Mali.

Just imagine a so called graduate not knowing that Niger Bridge + 2nd, is both Delta n Anambra
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Freedomforever(m): 12:22pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ibori na proven criminal and should be treated as one,if you know the monumental fraud committed by this man, u will know he should still be behind bars.about 5 hundred billions in naira will be brought back to Nigeria from u k,just imagine what that would have done for deltans but this criminal decided to steal our wealth to another country.Am happy his alive to witness what this nonsense has led deltans to.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Ikinternational: 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2021
Difrent:

What's the correlation between Ibos and urhobos?
Urhobos can never have any affiliation with Ibos they strictly belong to benin and by extension Yoruba

Go and kill yourself

Another self appointed spokesman on nairaland spotted.
There's so many of you I always lose count
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Eagba(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2021
bigfish3k:
I don't understand how people can support injustice against other people
most especially this afonja people, that was how I ask my afonja friend," it's right for the south east not to have a single rail project, even though they will participate in paying for other regions" this afonja friend of my mind said," the igbos didn't vote buhari."
forgetting that if you support injustice anywhere, when it will come for you, your supporter might be downtrodden enough to support you.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by nengibo: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2021
shegoon:
Cant believe people like u still exist. You still have the impetus to defend this thief, saying he was set up even in foreign land??Nepotism, corruption and tribalism have really ruined this country. Meanwhile, this same ibori was guilty with stealing and money laundering but he was set free by the Nigeria judge. Uncle allamesia(former bayelsa gov) did same and was caught in same foreign land before he escaped back to Nigeria and his region celebrated his return. I support the federal government to use the money or else the money will be relooted by Delta state government who will now view it as "awoof money" or return back to their political master(ibori) . This i believe will serve as deterrent to other leaders who want to or has already venture into such dastardly act.
So why was the Abacha(FG) loot returned back to the FG?
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Ikinternational: 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2021
gawu1:

So James Ibori from Delta state is qualified to be called Igbo but the chief of defense staff who is also from delta state is not Igbo?
Why are you igbos so myopic in your senses of reasoning!

"Why are you igbos"

Keep in mind he's talking to an anonymous single person that posted their opinion

People here are funny as fvck. Just love to hyperventilate
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Ikinternational: 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
drlateef:

I can see how you have turned truth on its head. These are PDP politicians who stole Nigeria dry and they are still in power in delta State. What has that got to do with APC? Are you angry that APC is recovering their loot?

When does APC receive their Sainthood?
As a certified catholic, Meeting the Pope is on my bucket list
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by kazma1010(m): 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
They should use it for a project in deter state and the FG should monitorr d project.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by EMMY76: 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
This is no excuse this buhari led apc govt are even far more corrupt the money should be used to revamp warri ports and other federal infrastructures in delta that can create jobs for the thausands of jobless youths in delta state.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Babzrockman: 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2021
bigfish3k:

Have you ever seen any incumbent who is in a good term with his predecessor accusing him of looting?

We all know it's delta state money.
BTW, former governor uduaghan is reported to be a cousin to Ibori.
Do you expect him to accuse him.

My brother no be lie, na Delta State obviously.

But the case has gone to the court and in court, u have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that u aren't guilty.
Delta said no be their money. By so doing, they pave way for FG to claim the money.

Uduaghan allows personal relationship to hindered the chance of Delta State richer with 527Billion
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Adakintroy: 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Ibori loot delta dieeee
But na the same ibori....Delta people dey praise and worship

Is there something am not understanding

There is a kind of foolishness theat is circulating amongst tht erest of Nigerians. Is like saying goodluck stole Nigerian money.

That's the Niger deltans money. Only the north and south west people can steal from Nigerian. If the oli belongs to Niger Delta, then that's ibori money.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by bigfish3k: 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
Olatomiwami:

I know Yorubas are ur nightmares, can u proof it that all the comments on Ibori are Westerners? This is faceless forum, borrow yourself small sense.
The OP is a westerner and that is their thought process and style of writing. I know them well
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by bigfish3k: 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2021
jrusky:

You have serious mental issue so whatever came out here is from Afonja Bro pls where is your senses? Whom did you borrowed it to

You are in a faceless forum and you still think this way? Then see your doctor. ASAP.

Imagine the statement *supporter of Delta* and you went to school bah

Good day.
You have no point other than abuses.
Good bye
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by DavidEsq(m): 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
Betrand3:
Should not be a basis for the Fed government to ‘steal’ Delta state’s money.
Wike was Ameachi’s employee...does Wike have to suffer for Ameachi’s crime or will Amaechi suffer for Wike’s crime? No!

It is also essential to note that Ibori had a great output in Delta State, meaning he hasn’t been the worst thief; he has simply been the targeted thief.

Jame Ibori fell out with OBJ because he was the frontline fighter for the RESOURCE CONTROL battle. Which led to a 13% return to Oil producing states. He was hated by the federal government for this. This made him and Odili lose possibility of Vice Presidency. So Fed Govt kuku set the guy up, he did what others were doing, but them change him own for am.

Modifications

I am sorry if I didn’t explicitly condemn him. The way people take attack me, I fear. He did evil. He is a thief. Just like Ameachi, Seraki, Tinubu, Akpabio, Nnamani, Buhari...they are all thieves.
Irrespective of where the money is returned to, it would be relooted. My initial statements were like a ‘he without sin, cast the first stone’

grin grin grin grin grin grin guy

Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by DeepSight(m): 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2021
shegoon:
Cant believe people like u still exist. You still have the impetus to defend this thief, saying he was set up even in foreign land??Nepotism, corruption and tribalism have really ruined this country. Meanwhile, this same ibori was guilty with stealing and money laundering but he was set free by the Nigeria judge. Uncle allamesia(former bayelsa gov) did same and was caught in same foreign land before he escaped back to Nigeria and his region celebrated his return. I support the federal government to use the money or else the money will be relooted by Delta state government who will now view it as "awoof money" or return back to their political master(ibori) . This i believe will serve as deterrent to other leaders who want to or has already venture into such dastardly act.

Its Delta money, period. Worst case - the FG should apply the funds for projects in Delta State.
Although even this is illegal and if the Delta State Govt should go to court, they will likely win.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by MERCHANDISER: 2:29pm On Mar 12, 2021
Spending123:
Yahoo men!!! Huspuppy still the learn work.
All Nigerian politicians are veteran yahoomen
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by MERCHANDISER: 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
GeneralPula:
Delta state Governor looking for what to tell the media like,,

Ibori did not loot, he only took those funds and save them for the future of Delta..

Ibori loot but later changed his mind as a good father, hence why he saved the money in UK for delta state future..

No one will be so confused like Delta state Gov right now..

To tell the media that Ibori loot is a problem..
To keep quiet and watch £4.3m go to federal government is another problem..

The money doesn’t belong to FG nor Delta state Government. It belongs to delta citizens. They should joins hands together and collect their right..

£4.3m is about 22Billion.
Delta state population is about 5m
na roughly 4500 each individual go receive if they share am among Delta citizens based on their population
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Charly68: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
I think Delta state said they didn't lose any money under Ibori,it was the federal Govt that lost money and they have recovered their money..Those canvassing for the returning of the money to the state are not sincere.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by rockyh(m): 3:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ikinternational:

Seriously laugh out loud
Are you even Nigerian sef.

Or imported from Mali.

Just imagine a so called graduate not knowing that Niger Bridge + 2nd, is both Delta n Anambra
just like the first bridge is shared by both state because it is linked to asaba,same thing is happening when it comes to the second niger bridge.so technically,it is in Anambra state

Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by adonaimart(m): 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
See Don't Jazzy background... Hhaha

Meanwhile, I write résumés..
Patronise me
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2021
Years back when EFCC wanted to probe Ibori, the Delta State govt went to court stopping EFCC claiming no money was lost A state high court even ruled that lbori didn't steal any money from the state treasury.
The same Ibori was accused by Ribadu the former chairman of Efcc of bribing him with over fifteen million dollars which he deposited with the Central Bank. Till today Delta State govt has not made any move to recover the money but Ibori is celebrated.
Re: Reason Why Ibori Loot Never Returned To Delta State( Photo) by Sleekfingers: 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2021
bigfish3k:
SW has started with their nonsense and tricky journalism.
I noticed that most afonjas don't support that the money be returned to Delta State
I also noticed that most afonjas support wickedness and cheatings that is not directed at them

If Delta State were in the SW, would you have posted this?

I am still searching to see what wrong igbos did to these chameleons to deserve this hatred. Mtchew

igbos inferiority complex get Phd from havard university.......they say the yoruba hate them....the hausa/hate them....even claiming that the southsouth dont like them.........

For your information, the yorubas dont hate the igbos .....na una hate the yorubas.......una get Phd in tribalism from Yale university . And master degree form cambridge in wailing......

Is like a man who married 3 wives....and said, non of them is good....is it not obvious , that the man is the one with serious problem? Thats the issues of your people......always conplaining about everything....as if na only them dey for this country......awon olori pelebe jatijati.......

Delta state aint gonna get a penny.....shebi una say una son no steal money? Which money una come dey claim say na una own? Thr money belongs to the FG.....and the FG should use to complete all federal roads in lagos and kano......if una no like am like that....make una go drink sniper.....

If truly the money belong to delta state, then james ibori should come and claim it......abi na deaf and dumb be ibori?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.