Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 (212 Views)

Witchcraft Wickedness Proliferation In Western World As Africa Pleases GOD More / Living A Life That Pleases GOD / Sabbath Holy-day. A day of selfless services & doing what pleases GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Clementoons: 7:01am On Mar 12, 2021
a life that pleases GOD is a life every christain must posses,a true christain must love GOD and have faith in him, obeying his word, doing good works,carrying out the word in action,preaching the word,obeying your parents,authorities and follow every rules and regulation of this country even when others are violating. You cannot say you love GOD and you still have an unforgiven heart,let your heart free from every conscience that may seems to judged you in heart,then right from this moment, make your way right before GOD and live an holy life everyday, 'follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see the LORD [hebrews 12:14]then, when you live that pleases him that would paved way for his blessing in our life with full assurrance, you cannot enjoy GOD if you are not born again, you must ensure you take the steps of salvations and then posses the fruit of repentance right from onset. FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENT,AND ALWAYS BE MINDFUL OF HIS PRESENCE EVERYWHERE YOU GO.
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Kobojunkie: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2021
Clementoons:
a life that pleases GOD is a life every christain must posses[b],a true christain must love GOD and have faith in him, obeying his word, doing good works,carrying out the word in action,preaching the word,obeying your parents,authorities and follow every rules and regulation of this country even when others are violating. You cannot say you love GOD and you still have an unforgiven heart,let your heart free from every conscience that may seems to judged you in heart,then right from this moment, make your way right before GOD and live an holy life everyday, [/b]'follow peace with all men and holiness without which no man shall see the LORD [hebrews 12:14]then, when you live that pleases him that would paved way for his blessing in our life with full assurrance, you cannot enjoy GOD if you are not born again, you must ensure you take the steps of salvations and then posses the fruit of repentance right from onset. FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENT,AND ALWAYS BE MINDFUL OF HIS PRESENCE EVERYWHERE YOU GO.
There you go again convolution the very teachings of Jesus Christ.

According to Jesus Christ, those who abide in Him are those who accept(trust) His teaching (not the doctrines and traditions of men) and obey them.

Obedience of your parents, authorities etc as you listed there are not included as part of His law. Matter of fact, anyone who comes to Jesus Christ thinking that Christ calls His own to obey parents etc is thoroughly deceived.
The very same Jesus Christ tells you that He came not to bring peace but a sword, to put at odds, fathers and their sons, daughters and their mothers, daughter-in-laws and their parent-in-laws. Jesus Christ started that your very enemies will be those in your own family.
So how can you state that a true Chrstian is one who obeys parents? undecided
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Clementoons: 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Clementoons: 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
He that loveth is life rather than the things of GOD, Is going to lose it, but he that forsake all other things for the things of christ without caring about his life will find it. For it is better one to deny by one's parent, mentor and loved ones for christ than christ deny one. I pray may GOD help us. Amen
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
Clementoons:
GOD first other lasts,after GOD , Your parents is the second god they are a gift from above given to us by GOD,
I am afraid you are not speaking the language of Jesus Christ at all by your claim above.
Below is the commandment that Jesus Christ gave His followers...

Matthew 10 vs 34-39
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34. “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.[h]
35. I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law.
36. Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’
37. “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me.
38. Those who will not accept the cross that is given to them when they follow me are not worthy of me.
39. Those who try to keep the life they have will lose it. But those who give up their life for me will find true life.
Are you certain that what you trust in are the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself?
Clementoons:
if you fear GOD and still hold grudge with your neigbourhoods, it shows you do not obey his commandment what does the Bible says about 'love your neighbours as yourself please are you an antichristain?
I am afraid you are not even in a position to ask that question, since you have shown so far that Jesus Christ's own teachings do not seem to agree with your person.

Yes, Jesus Christ calls you to love your neighbor even as you love yourself but He never commanded you to set your neighbor as gods unto your person, not even your parents. He in fact states that if you want to become worthy of Him, you should be willing to abandon your parents, family, children, for Him.
His apostles were commanded to do the exact same, and they did just that. Why can't you?
Clementoons:
then why don't you learn rather than you being a contradictor of the word. Please do not scare away others with the word of GOD by being an opposer of what GOD want to issue out to those who are out violating what LORD's command them but the LORD want them to amend from their ways through the preachers .my brother it is right time you also create your own thread rather than you convincing others with your aggressive attitude of attacking preachers online who are trying to motivate others who do not have the full knowledge of the word with your own understanding.Do not try to bring back the work of the flesh into the ministry of GOD. Christ command is to preach the gospel to every creature
If what you are trying to teach others are nothing but teachings that are against the very commandments of Jesus Christ i.e. AntiChrist idea... then what good is your claim to preach the gospel when what you preach are lies that have nothing to do with Jesus Christ?
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Clementoons: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2021
sorry about that, but what i was trying to say in essence is this' when you fear GOD, that has power thathas power to destroy both the soul and body in hell, so you not to fear no man but respect others according to your point you are trying to buttress, also remember you treat other equal the ways you treat yourself. Because they will hate us the true christain for CHRIST's SAKE
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
Clementoons:
sorry about that, but what i was trying to say in essence is this' when you fear GOD, that has power thathas power to destroy both the soul and body in hell, so you not to fear no man but respect others according to your point you are trying to buttress, also remember you treat other equal the ways you treat yourself. Because they will hate us the true christain for CHRIST's SAKE
The cliche saying "Fear God" is overused at this point, don't you think? The same is said, the world over, by Christians who go about living according to how they want to as well.

What does it mean to fear God? As Jesus Christ said, it means to accept(Trust in the word of God) and obey the Teachings of God through Jesus Christ... that is what Jesus Christ said those who are His followers will do.

Jesus Christ said that the world will hate His followers, not those who call themselves Christians but do not worship Him, Jesus Christ in truth and indeed.
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Clementoons: 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The cliche saying "Fear God" is overused at this point, don't you think? The same is said, the world over, by Christians who go about living according to how they want to as well.

What does it mean to fear God? As Jesus Christ said, it means to accept(Trust in the word of God) and obey the Teachings of God through Jesus Christ... that is what Jesus Christ said those who are His followers will do.

Jesus Christ said that the world will hate His followers, not those who call themselves Christians but do not worship Him, Jesus Christ in truth and indeed.
Now i get your point mister, ever since i read the word i have always skip that part of the scripture . But glory be to JESUS , who used matt 10 and you to guage up my spiritual state today, for you may have been in the LORD ever since, i am just a babe in the LORD so i always keen on maintaining my stand in the LORD. Because this world is now full of false prophets coming in the name of the LORD.
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Mar 12, 2021
Clementoons:
Now i get your point mister, ever since i read the word i have always skip that part of the scripture . But glory be to JESUS , who used matt 10 and you to guage up my spiritual state today, for you may have been in the LORD ever since, i am just a babe in the LORD so i always keen on maintaining my stand in the LORD. Because this world is now full of false prophets coming in the name of the LORD.
Yes, there are many false teachings out there, and Jesus Christ warned us against listening to such teachings since they nullify the power of God in our lives when we accept them instead of His own teaching.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
The doctrines and traditions(commandments) of men are lies and not of God. They rob those who say they believe in Jesus Christ of the very power of God, rendering their worship meaningless. These are lies meant to keep people from believing the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, and the world today is indeed filled with false teachers and prophets, all of them professing their lies in the name of Jesus Christ, just as Jesus Christ said they would.

The Power of God is in the very teachings of Jesus Christ... and these teachings are found written of in the 4 Gospels. When one is grounded in these teachings, accepting(trusting) and obeying them, then the Spirit of God, as Jesus Christ said, will abide in such a one, and lead such a person into all Truths that belong to Jesus Christ.
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Clementoons: 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
Yes, there are many false teachings out there, and Jesus Christ warned us against listening to such teachings since they nullify the power of God in our lives when we accept them instead of His own teaching.

** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
The doctrines and traditions(commandments) of men are lies and not of God. They rob those who say they believe in Jesus Christ of the very power of God, rendering their worship meaningless. These are lies meant to keep people from believing the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, and the world today is indeed filled with false teachers and prophets, all of them professing their lies in the name of Jesus Christ, just as Jesus Christ said they would.
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2021
Clementoons:
what is the name of the version of your Bible? I want to copulate the word of GOD Together with other version but not too different from My kjv
I use any translation that presents the teaching in the easiest English translation possible. I prefer to read from the Easy-to-Read Version(ERV) of the Bible, but when I post, I choose from a list of translations..... ERV, ESV, NIV, KJV...depending on my audience.

FYI It is in the teachings of Jesus Christ that we are called to Trust God in, not in the translation of the bible.
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Clementoons: 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
that very sure, it does not matter about the translation the translation ,what matter really most is about the way you hear the word and the way the holy spirit ministered the word to you that is the vital reason why he sent his holy spirt to us to be our guide in all things we do before we Embark on any work he comman as said in
ACTS 1 VS 4,8
And, being assembled together with them,commanded them that they should not depart from jerusalem but wait for the promise of the father which saith he ye have heard of me.But ye shall receive power,after that the holy ghost is come upon you and ye shall be witnesses unto both in jerusalem,and in all judaea and in unto the uttermost part of the earth.
so in everything, make sure you trust in his word and keep his commandment and fear him above every other things. As for me, i fear nobody except from GOD my father in heaven, and there is no other father than himself
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Clementoons: 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2021
In 1 thess 1 vs 4
But as we were allowed of GOD to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but GOD, which trieth our hearts.
verse 5
for neither at any time we use flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness, GOD is witness .
summary
abide with him , trust and obey in his word and follow his footstep he has lay down for us and do not please anyone but GOD, with that it shows you are pleasing him, do your own best it is GOD that crown every efforts,DO NOT FEAR ANYBODY BUT GOD HIMSELF AND NEVER COMPARE WITH ANYBODY ALWAYS BE THE BEST YOU CAN , . And we must alway cease from speaking vain words to anyone. Every mistake is a lesson. Shalom
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Clementoons: 5:30pm On Mar 12, 2021
In 1 thess 1 vs 4 kjv
But as we were allowed of GOD to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but GOD, which trieth our hearts.
verse 5
for neither at any time we use flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness, GOD is witness .
summary
abide with him , trust and obey in his word and follow his footstep he has lay down for us and do not please anyone but GOD, with that it shows you are pleasing him, do your own best it is GOD that crown every efforts,DO NOT FEAR ANYBODY BUT GOD HIMSELF AND NEVER COMPARE WITH ANYBODY ALWAYS BE THE BEST YOU CAN , . And we must alway cease from speaking vain words to anyone. Every mistake is a lesson. Shalom
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by budaatum: 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:

The cliche saying "believe" is overused at this point, don't you think? The same is said, the world over, by Christians who go about living according to how they want to as well.

What does it mean to "believe"? As Jesus Christ said, it means to understand the Teachings of God through Jesus Christ... that is what Jesus Christ taught those who are His followers will do if they want to obey Christ.

Because one can not obey that which one does not understand.
Re: Living The Life That Pleases GOD Part 2 by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Mar 12, 2021
budaatum:

The cliche saying "believe" is overused at this point, don't you think? The same is said, the world over, by Christians who go about living according to how they want to as well.

What does it mean to "believe"? As Jesus Christ said, it means to understand the Teachings of God through Jesus Christ... that is what Jesus Christ taught those who are His followers will do if they want to obey Christ.

Because one can not obey that which one does not understand.
Let us examine the very teachings of Jesus Christ in order to understand what it means to believe in Him, as He said to do in John 3

John 3 vs 16-21 (ERV)
16. “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
Again, in another verse, we learn that those who believe, in fact are baptized.

Mark 16 vs 15 -16(ESV)
15. He said to them, “Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to everyone.
16. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But those who do not believe will be judged guilty.
So, according to Jesus Christ, those who believe in Him and are baptized are saved from the condemnation of sin(Death), and gifted instead with eternal life.
Searching through His teachings still, we find in the the passage below, that in order to obtain eternal life, the eating of the body and flesh of Jesus Christ is already necessary.

John 6 vs 47- 59 (ESV)
47. “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48. I am the bread that gives life.
49. Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying
50. Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52. Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53. Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54. Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55. My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56. Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.
57. “The Father sent me. He lives, and I live because of him. So everyone who eats me will live because of me.
58. I am not like the bread that your ancestors ate. They ate that bread, but they still died. I am the bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever.”
59. Jesus said all this while he was teaching in the synagogue in the city of Capernaum.

Putting all that together, we can extrapolate to believe in Jesus Christ, one believes His claim of who He says He is, is baptized, and also eats of His flesh and drinks of His blood, in order to be saved.

(1) (Reply)

I Woke Up Happy Today / Ponder On This Tonight / The Ascended Masters Speak on Twin Rays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.