Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) (18846 Views)

Wike’s Aides Resign, 13 Aspirants Jostle For PDP Ticket / Governor Obiano's Aides Resign In Droves, Join Umeoji Camp / Defection: Akpabio’s Aides Resign, Say "We Can't Follow You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Kosiso12(f): 8:05am On Mar 12, 2021
JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi’s Aides Resign, Give Reasons (Photos)

More resignations have hit Governor David Nweze Umahi’s government, Igbere TV reports.

Benjamin Obaji, Technical Assistant, and Mr. Amaechi Oken Senior Technical Assistant have all resigned their appointments.

In the letters of resignation seen by IGBERE TV, Mr. Oken said his monthly stipend was withheld over his refusal to join the All Progressives Congress, APC.

He, however, thanked Governor Umahi for finding him worthy for appointment but noted that he will not join APC.

In the same vein, Mr Obaji also noted that he has not been paid for months now but maintained that his resignation is not "politically inclined".

IGBERE TV reports that Umahi had said he moved to the ruling party, APC because of injustice metted out to the South-East by the PDP.

He said, “Let me clear the air and state that I never sort for the ticket of PDP Presidency and I will not. Whoever that said that I moved to APC because they refused to zone the ticket to me is being very mischievous. Because even if PDP promises me, an individual a presidential ticket, how does it work?

“It is expected that we’ll over 8000 delegates would elect the person and such promise can not happen without more than 10 or 20 people. People are being very mischievous but I tell you, there are a lot of prominent people from South-East that can take the slot of PDP.

“Why am I moving to APC?, some people said I was promised this and that but I tell you, there is no such discussion. APC never promised me any position, they never promised South-East any position, there was no such discussion, however I offered this movement as a protest to the injustice being done to South-East by the PDP since 1998 till date.”

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1384700/just-gov-umahis-aides-resign-give-reasons-photos/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 12, 2021
So what ? Both APC and PDP are the same.

5 Likes

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by DaddyRochie1642: 8:30am On Mar 12, 2021
What should I do with this news sad sad

1 Like

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by OBALOLA55(m): 9:53am On Mar 12, 2021
AND HE CONTESTED AND WON UNDER THAT SAME PDP grin

11 Likes

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by AsomughaChuks02: 9:59am On Mar 12, 2021
I heard that Umahi pays his aides 50k, 100k max, reason why political appointees find it so easy to resign in Ebonyi.

17 Likes

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by dignity33: 10:46am On Mar 12, 2021
I love this man no wonder he see money to do those gigantic projects in Ebonyi states. Those who join him because of money can continue resigning.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Kebbiprince: 11:20am On Mar 12, 2021
How una wan take get the number to win the pressidency if una no wan join APC, that's pathetic

1 Like

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:20am On Mar 12, 2021
This is ONLY for the wise people,
Kids and pessimistic dark souls should stay off the
Golden Words of the elders @[/b].
Y'all should scroll to the next post.......

Individuals need to freely express which party they support, or in some cases, which candidate they support, as individuals are not always in support of a candidate just because of the party they belong to.

However, respecting the political opinions of others goes beyond an individual’s rights, it has to do with personal integrity and just being a good person.
Judging someone based on which candidate they support is rubbish, as everyone has the right to support
who they want to support.
Allowing your judgement to shape your actions and the way you act towards someone is wrong and goes against the most important rule governing society – [b]THE GOLDEN RULE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by FalseProphet1(m): 11:20am On Mar 12, 2021
AsomughaChuks02:
I heard that Umahi pays his aides 50k, 100k max, reason why political appointees find it so easy to resign in Ebonyi.
No state civil servant in Ebonyi earns up to 100k, their salaries start from 20-60k. The reason why most of them still manage to cater for their families is because they attach petty farming to compliment their little wages.

Ebonyi is one of the poorest states in Nigeria, no industries, no firms, no companies... nothing, once you open a hand-to-mouth business, the state taxforce will wreck you with tax. It's that bad, most young boys there are into cultism while the girls prostitution.

Infrastructure is good, but infrastructure without security, jobs and healthcare is nonsense.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by blazepascal(m): 11:21am On Mar 12, 2021
APC is a big scam

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Bampeh: 11:21am On Mar 12, 2021
Politicians migrate to a ruling party either by threat or because of mouthwatering promises that will never be fulfilled.
This is a rare bravery from Umahi's aides. No surprise if EFCC and DSS start chasing them, that's Nigeria for you.

Bampeh is observing

3 Likes

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by tigook: 11:23am On Mar 12, 2021
Ok
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by brainpulse: 11:23am On Mar 12, 2021
Whatever rocks their boat. You cant work for Jesus party and still be loyal to the devil party

1 Like

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by bigdammyj: 11:23am On Mar 12, 2021
Noted
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Aderewah: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2021
lol But you want APC presidential ticket automatically
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Rugaria: 11:25am On Mar 12, 2021
It's like joining a coven of vampires and revolting wizards..
How can you willingly join the janja-weed union!?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Sabadon(m): 11:25am On Mar 12, 2021
men with conscience

4 Likes

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by merits(m): 11:26am On Mar 12, 2021
smiley
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by goodradiance(m): 11:26am On Mar 12, 2021
men dem, l like their spirit

meanwhile check my signature for external drive deals

1 Like

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 12, 2021
supportnija:
So what ? Both APC and PDP are the same.

Plz stop this nonsense. Lack of conviction and principle is the bane of the African continent. They may look the same to you but the players are not the same.

5 Likes

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Tonyspecial(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2021
good move
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by gambia(m): 11:31am On Mar 12, 2021
[s]
post=99820891:
This is ONLY for the wise people,
Kids and pessimistic dark souls should stay off the
Golden Words of the elders @[/b].
Y'all should scroll to the next post.......

Individuals need to freely express which party they support, or in some cases, which candidate they support, as individuals are not always in support of a candidate just because of the party they belong to.

However, respecting the political opinions of others goes beyond an individual’s rights, it has to do with personal integrity and just being a good person.
Judging someone based on which candidate they support is rubbish, as everyone has the right to support
who they want to support.
Allowing your judgement to shape your actions and the way you act towards someone is wrong and goes against the most important rule governing society – [b]THE GOLDEN RULE

[/s]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Lawalemi(m): 11:31am On Mar 12, 2021
Integrity.
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by Cele123: 11:31am On Mar 12, 2021
cool
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by temiyato(m): 11:31am On Mar 12, 2021
All na for soft landing. If u know , u know.
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by bestman09(m): 11:33am On Mar 12, 2021
grin
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by DennisEche(m): 11:33am On Mar 12, 2021
OBASEKI HAD MORE AIDES THAT RESIGNED NOW WHERE ARE THEY. I GUESS THEY ARE IN IYAMOH COOKING FOR FOR ADAMS OSHOMOLE
Re: 2 Of Governor Umahi’s Aides Resign, Refuse To Join APC (Photos) by molotough(m): 11:35am On Mar 12, 2021
chiagozien:
See yorubas comments.
These people's hatred for Igbos is legendary.
Fact.
You're the one who's gullibility is legendary. Those people are not Yorubas, there are fulani black arab mongrels disguised as Yorubas and Igbos whose only assignments is to create threadsthat fuels bad blood between Yorubas and Igbos, go about to drop comments that are counter effective to the awakening and actualization of a southern unity by making comments that does nothing but to sow seeds of hatred and bitterness between genuine Yorubas and Igbos. They know the more we are divided within Yorubaland, Igboland, Benueland, etc-land, the more they can keep everyone in a state of despondency while maintaining the impossibility of Southern alliance. Wake up.

Seniorwriter:
Imagine!!!
Even the court is in support of injustice....
Well we youth should use all these lopsided acts of injustice to vigorously vote for a Leader
When are you all going to start using your brains that there can be nothing like real electioneering in this expired mere geographic expression which only exist on a map? You are asking youths to vote for a Leader, but the candidates in the parties Fulani-controlled INEC has signed up for you to consider are bunch of sadists and evil doers pretending to be that which you seek, promising you what's sweetens your ear. So, where is the leader you are asking people to go for when you should be stating why we should all go our separate ways. Are you all that blind to see that the system is founded on corruption and ment to always support corruptors in to position, if you're not compromised the Fulani operated system of Nijeriya will not consider you. There is no way a true leader can partake in the caliphates of kleptocracy you all continue to mistaken for government. The solution is to demand for the movement for the deamalgamation of the 1914-2014 contraption so that every ethnic nationalities who have already been existing indigenously before Lugard and his girlfriend forced you under Nigeria be on their own as a country. Wake up. Read more by going thru the post of POSTS
Temptee101:
Why is everything upside down in this country?

The executive, legislature and judiciary are filled with corrupt entities.

The leaders and the governed are all corrupt, what is lacking is the opportunity to steal.

This country is finished.

Take it or leave it.
The country is not finished. It has been finished long time ago. You all are just waking up to that reality now. Tell me, why are you all still believing in Nigeria six years after it has ceazed to exist, why do you all ignorantly refer to it as country when even the husband Lugard and wife Flora Shaw who birthed into existence only gave it 100yrs to serve British imperialism, shouldn't you all be agitating for its deamalgamation ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ango Abdullahi: Tinubu, Atiku Can’t Fix Nigeria / What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello / Adamawa REC: PDP Agent, Idi Hong Calls For Hudu Ari's Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.