Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,370 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello (18845 Views)

Sanni Halilu Shaibu: What EndSARS Protesters Failed To Do / Real Protesters Should Be Separated From Yahoo Criminal And Kidnappers / Inside Yahaya Bello's Multi-Billion Naira Mansion By TheNigeriaTimes.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by adenigga(m): 1:45am On Sep 20, 2022
Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, on Monday night said the unforgettable incident of EndSARS protest where several young Nigerians were shot at Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos could have been averted if the demonstrators had channeled their anger into politics.

Bello, who was appointed as National Youth Coordinator of the Tinubu-Shettima Presidential Campaign Council on Sunday, made the statement when he appeared on Politics Today, a popular programme on Channels TV.

The development is coming less than a month to the commemoration of the ugly shooting incident that has remained indelible in the minds of Nigerians.

The #ENDSARS protests lasted between October 7th and 20th in Lagos and several other states in the country.

While the demonstrations lasted, relations, friends and associates of missing persons claimed their relations had either been killed or held incommunicado by security agents.

Of particular concern was the Lekki toll gate shooting of Tuesday, October 20, where peaceful #ENDSARS protesters were shot at by security agents, leading to a number of casualties.

Responding to questions on how he hopes to pacify and woo the Nigerian youths to look beyond the incident and vote for his principal, the national youth coordinator of APC Presidential Campaign Council said it was not an impossible task.

According to him, the incident could have been averted.

He said, “The first area where the EndSARS protesters were supposed to vent their anger was to channel their anger to politics and participate politically to decide their choice of leaders.

“Street protests and agitations are completely different from voting, election and electoral process.

“Recall that I was the first elected governor to have identified with the EndSARS protest and made myself known. I think I also addressed them three times and they listened to me, especially those that held in Kogi State. After the protest, I had the opportunity of meeting with some of the leadership of EndSARS and told them exactly where they got it wrong.

“Now, I am equally going to sensitise and tell them if they do not follow the right way. And the right way is to vote Senator Bola Tinubu, who will come and display his prowess in solving the problems we are being confronted with.”

When asked what he planned to tell some of the nation’s youths who are still angry and leaving the country for abroad over the manner the EndSARS phenomenon was handled, the Kogi governor admitted that his motive was to tell them the truth.

This is even as Bello noted he would be bringing the experience he garnered as a young governor who met a chaotic situation on ground to bear in his interaction with the Nigerian youths.

“I will tell them nothing but the truth that I am known for. First of all, the strikes, agitations and the menace going on in our tertiary institutions and various other sectors are completely uncalled for.

“We shall also sensitise them (youths) to be able to differentiate between political problems using this particular menace, those who are holding them back at home, why they are doing it and the need to take our destiny into our hands.

“Our leader, Asiwaju Tinubu, has identified me as a worthy man because of my performance in Kogi State. I came in at a time when schools including secondary teachers and tertiary institutions in the state were on strike. Upon assumption of office and up to six years counting now, not one single strike happened again in Kogi.

“So we are going to tell them those who have held them down and the need to hold them accountable. It is not APC, Buhari, or our presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu.

“We are also going to show them how to read between the lines whenever any political party comes to use ASUU or any institution as a tool for campaign,” he said.

Source: https://punchng.com/What-#EndSARS-protesters-should-have-done-Yahaya-Bello

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Franklyspeakin: 2:35am On Sep 20, 2022
See if you can japa, please run away. Nigeria is spoiling ooo. Its gradually detoriating. Leave all the big big grammer politicians are using. Business are suffering and barely surviving forcing many to cut corners e.g measure10mm rods being sold in the markets today. They are barely 8mm. They are shrinking the moulds so you see why buildings aren't strong anymore, have you heard they now re bag cement. So many substandard materials abound..hmm . Patronage has dropped and profits reduced. Salaries of the glorified govt workers that used to look big before has been reduced to rubbish. Imagine someone who earned 200k when rice was 7,500 a bag with now thats 30k a bag or when a bag of cement was 1,700 now its 4k or then when fuel was N45 or even N85 to now that its N185. Let me give a practical example notice all those neighbors wey dey run diesel 24/7 for my area gen no the dey on for long again. Some business are now using big fuel gen instead. Even if Disel is high, dosent it mean they arent makimg enough profits to maimtain running disel anymore. I wonder how banks are currently faring. I see a future where alot of private entities will downsize massively. I fear that soon families won't be able to afford good accommodations. Anarchy is looming. Soon there would be a rise in discontent. Before majority where enjoying while minority suffered but now minority are enjoying while majority suffer. The funny part is that politicians will tell you Nigeria is doing well. I fear for the repercussions soon to follow.

177 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by casavagarri: 2:38am On Sep 20, 2022
Endsars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Obidient4life2: 2:42am On Sep 20, 2022
The beating APC will receive at the 2023 poll from labour party will be like wetin Usyk do Anthony Joshua

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Gentino(m): 2:48am On Sep 20, 2022
Every member of APC knows that APC is a sinking ship. They keep on insulting the memories and sacrifice of Nigerian youths they killed at the Lekki tollgate. How do you intend to convince the youths to vote for a great grandpa Tinubu who never for once condemned the massacre of the youths that occurred in his backyard?

Thank God that Nigerian youths have channeled their angers and frustrations into politics and Peter Obi is the face of the youths, face of the endsars, face of hope and face of a better Nigeria

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by limeta(f): 4:39am On Sep 20, 2022
Topic APC should run from is what they using to campaign
Apc should not mention lekki,Buhari ,Tinubu ,security
Education or democracy at all it upsets the people more .

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Chinjo2: 4:54am On Sep 20, 2022
I listened to how this man was talking with so much arrogance yesterday. Don't worry, Nigerian students are coming for you.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Lexusgs430: 5:03am On Sep 20, 2022
God Forbid Yahaya Bello, gets the presidential ticket........ In years to come.....

But this is Nigeria, anything can happen........ If a 90 year old crook is campaigning.........

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by weezydee(m): 5:05am On Sep 20, 2022
Look at who's talking cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by CSTRR: 5:07am On Sep 20, 2022
And they have channelled that anger into politics, like you said.

You will hear from them in 2023 elections.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by CalabarPikin: 5:08am On Sep 20, 2022
People like this make me see reasons why youths are actually not ready to be in power

8 Likes

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Ekehwinz: 5:09am On Sep 20, 2022
They always know the truth but always choose to dwell in lies and deceit. Naija politicians

5 Likes

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by PhonesNG: 5:10am On Sep 20, 2022
Imagine the load of crap!

Endsars protesters should vote for the same man that embodies the system that they're protesting against? Is Yahaya on some cheap weed?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by YorubaYouth: 5:11am On Sep 20, 2022
Ok
Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Keaton(m): 5:11am On Sep 20, 2022
Always talking like someone with brain tumour

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by tempem: 5:12am On Sep 20, 2022
Lol
Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Keaton(m): 5:12am On Sep 20, 2022
Franklyspeakin:
See if you can japa, please run away. Nigeria is spoiling ooo. Its gradually detoriating. Leave all the big big grammer politicians are using. Business are suffering and barely surviving forcing many to cut corners e.g measure10mm rods being sold in the markets today. They are barely 8mm. They are shrinking the moulds so you see why buildings aren't strong anymore, have you heard they now re bag cement. So many substandard materials abound..hmm . Patronage has dropped and profits reduced. Salaries of the glorified govt workers that used to look big before has been reduced to rubbish. Imagine someone who earned 200k when rice was 7,500 a bag with now thats 30k a bag or when a bag of cement was 1,700 now its 4k or then when fuel was N45 or even N85 to now that its N185. Let me give a practical example notice all those neighbors wey dey run diesel 24/7 for my area gen no the dey on for long again. Some business are now using big fuel gen instead. Even if Disel is high, dosent it mean they arent makimg enough profits to maimtain running disel anymore. I wonder how banks are currently faring. I see a future where alot of private entities will downsize massively. I fear that soon families won't be able to afford good accommodations. Anarchy is looming. Soon there would be a rise in discontent. Before majority where enjoying while minority suffered but now minority are enjoying while majority suffer. The funny part is that politicians will tell you Nigeria is doing well. I fear for the repercussions soon to follow.

That's why I left

18 Likes

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Omahleigh(f): 5:14am On Sep 20, 2022
Yeye bello
Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by VictorDivine: 5:14am On Sep 20, 2022
Street protest is not a crime and it's a way of demonstrating grief. Moreso, not everyone is interested in playing the animalistic politics of this zoo.

Talking about voting, are people not voting? Manipulation is what you guys can do. Pls just shut it up!

1 Like

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Davidonkonsults: 5:16am On Sep 20, 2022
This is so insulting. The same government that denied the shooting even after Sanwo-Iku admitted it to CNN.

The same Tinubu that instead was asking what were people doing there is what this degenerate is selling.

Schools on strike. Debt servicing ratio for a healthy country is between 0 to 20%. Nigeria is over 100%.

All our girls have become prostitutes and fetish deployers. While the boys are fraudsters and ritualists.

No roads, water, or light. Our security don't secure but oppress, rob, and steal. You can't travel for over 2 hours on road without having high blood pressure.

And this cretin comes to say this?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:17am On Sep 20, 2022
Talk is cheap mr. Yahaya Bello - why didn’t you come out on the streets and do it.

This man just wants Tinubu to consider him for something so he’s been running round Tinubu and Abuja seeking Favour’s

Wike told him to his face something along the lines of “even me who came second this is the first time I’m coming to abuja but you who didn’t even come 6th you’ve not let the people in Abuja rest”

He is trying to tell Tinubu he has the youth wrapped around his fingers and he’ll give Tinubu youth votes but we all know that’s a lie and Tinubu knows that’s a lie.

5 Likes

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Sixfiguresmart(m): 5:18am On Sep 20, 2022
Youths do not play with snakes. They are not toys.

So, he knows what to do but did not sound the clarion call. They are trying to play with your minds. Never believe any one these draculas.

Tinubu is the one who created this government. Hold him accountable. If Tinubu dejected you during the ENDSARS, deject him now. Do not let a proxy come to fool you. Once they get power, you will be killed.

If they lied once, never believe them the second time.

7 Likes

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by kennyz247(m): 5:18am On Sep 20, 2022
person wey no get Sense dey want advise people,no be juju be dat?
yahya Bello is a disgrace to Nigeria youth, imagine a right thinkimg youngest governor endorsing this old baba Emilokon for president ...what can such old baba offer us in this world of technology dan sleeping sleeping 247 in the office ...
believe it or not Nigeria as a country na SCAM and jungle

4 Likes

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Godfullsam(m): 5:19am On Sep 20, 2022
limeta:
Topic APC should run from is what they using to campaign
Apc should not mention lekki,Buhari ,Tinubu ,security
Education or democracy at all it upsets the people more .

APC na shameless party na.

Dem no get human feelings

Dem no get shame!

5 Likes

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by kpajie1: 5:22am On Sep 20, 2022
smileyu are a political bigot.no be for ure state they kill pdp women leader.ode ni ode,olodo ta gbafue here

2 Likes

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by onomeabuja: 5:22am On Sep 20, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/What-#EndSARS-protesters-should-have-done-Yahaya-Bello
Speaking Trash....
Nigeria Politicians Are The Worst In This Wide World. undecided
Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by tempest01(m): 5:26am On Sep 20, 2022
He should not be telling the youth any thing. He should be telling his party that killed unarmed young people carrying out civil disobedience how they could have handled the protests without resorting to killing their own.

It is now time to pay them back.

1 Like

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:27am On Sep 20, 2022
The protest was only suspended to a time like 2023

1 Like

Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by Maccar02: 5:28am On Sep 20, 2022
Ok
Re: What EndSARS Protesters Should Have Done – Yahaya Bello by lorenzobanks(m): 5:28am On Sep 20, 2022
The Nigerian youths have been insulted again. Imagine a well known criminal like Yeye Bello telling Us how to channel our frustration due to government failure. First, the Nigerian constitution was design to sideline genuine people into government, where the president is the alpha and omega of decision in the country. The institutions that suppose to provide platform for the youths with genuine interest have been rigged by those criminal old men. We can only change the scope of government if we go the revolution way like the Sri Lanka. But, we have many useless youths shouting APC, PDP and their mini demonic parties when they know that they can never get an opportunity to become the party flag bearer at the highest level. It is well with Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015: No Basis For Objection Over Buhari's Credentials- INEC / Nigerians Will See The Level Of Corruption In APC Government After 2019- Makarfi / Akpabio"s Defection : The Hypocrisy Of President Buhari's Anti Corruption War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.