Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Money Meant For Arms Missing Under Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs -NSA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money Meant For Arms Missing Under Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs -NSA (287 Views)

Funds Meant For Arms Purchase ‘Missing’ Under Buratai, Other Service Chiefs -NSA / US, UK Won’t Accept Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs As Ambassadors; Ex-NIIA DG / Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs, NSA Monguno Absent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Money Meant For Arms Missing Under Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs -NSA by donnie(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2021
Kayode Oyero

The National Security Adviser to the President, Maj.-Gen Babagana Monguno (retd.), has said some funds meant for the purchase of arms to strengthen the country’s anti-terror war got missing under the leadership of the ex-service chiefs.

The ex-service chiefs are Chief of Defence Staff, General Abayomi Olonisakin; Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Tukur Buratai; Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Ibok Ekwe Ibas; and Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar.

The NSA in an interview with BBC Hausa on Friday, said, “No one knows what happened to the money but by God’s grace, the president will investigate to find out whether the money was spent and where the arms went.”

The NSA also added that the new service chiefs have not seen any of the arms that the funds were supposed to be used to procure.

In January, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), appointed new service chiefs after a persistent clamour from Nigerians that he introduce fresh blood in the country’s anti-terror war, especially against Boko Haram in Nigeria’s North-East region.

The new service chiefs are Major-General Leo Irabor as Chief of Defence Staff; Major-General I. Attahiru as Chief of Army Staff; Rear Admiral A.Z Gambo as Chief of Naval Staff; and Air-Vice Marshal I.O Amao as Chief of Air Staff.

https://punchng.com/money-meant-for-arms-missing-under-buratai-ex-service-chiefs-nsa/

Re: Money Meant For Arms Missing Under Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs -NSA by oladeebo: 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2021
.I completely lost hope in Nigeria exist.

1 Like

Re: Money Meant For Arms Missing Under Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs -NSA by festacman(m): 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Knowing that former COAS Buratai and NSA Babagana Monguno are sworn-enemies for some MYSTERIOUS reasons, I will await an independent inquiry to get a clear picture.

1 Like

Re: Money Meant For Arms Missing Under Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs -NSA by youngeagle(m): 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2021
Nothing good to say, maybe the next person might have something

1 Like

Re: Money Meant For Arms Missing Under Buratai, Ex-service Chiefs -NSA by Mynd44: 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2021

(1)

God Is Preparing My Son To Change Gay Community — Doyin Okupe / Breaking: Ekiti Bye-election, Stray Bullet Hits NYSC Member As Violence Mars Ele / Sir Allwell Ihunda Starts His Port Harcourt LG Campaign In Ward 1 And 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.