Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Do You Sleep While Travelling? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Sleep While Travelling? (565 Views)

Man Burnt To Death While Travelling From Bauchi To Jos(graphic Photos) / Female Corper Burnt After In Motor Accident While Travelling. Graphic Photos / Inside China's Overnight High Speed Train You Sleep While Rolling Down The Track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Sleep While Travelling? by Ademola47(m): 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
I have seen a lot of people that fell asleep while travelling in a bus or train.

Personally, I find it hard to sleep even during long distance journeys of like 10 hours+. My eyes will be wide opened and brain at alert.

I can only attribute this partly as being security conscious (kidnapping here and there, robbery, etc) and partly for sightseeing (to create adventurous memories) through the bus/train window. I've not travelled by air before so I don't have any reason for that.

Do you sleep while travelling?

If no, give your reason(s).

Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by doggedfighter(f): 12:37am On Mar 13, 2021
Long distance? Yes

Inactivity leads to nothing but sleep grin
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by Mstravelindiva: 12:42am On Mar 13, 2021
Yes, I’m usually asleep before my flight takes off. I can sleep anywhere. Flying is very relaxing for me, so I dress comfortably, put my AirPods in and I’m off for a nap. The next message I usually hear is “welcome to xxxxx where the local time is xxxx”.
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by Onyenna(m): 3:25am On Mar 13, 2021
Nope, I don’t ......

It’s very hard for me....
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by LMS1(m): 6:11am On Mar 13, 2021
I Dont Sleep Because Of This Few Reasons;
Inter-state Travel:
If I Embark On Such Journey And It Happens I Boarded A Public Transport Then Children Noise And Cry Wont Let Me Sleep,
Also People Fart (mess) Wont Let You Sleep Added With Bad Highway And Bumbs. grin
But If I Was Unfortunate And The Driver Plays Any Fuji Music Then I Wil 'Force' Myself To Sleep.
Travelling Abroad:
You See This One Is A Once In A While Expirience So I Dont Joke With It,
Once Onboard And I Grab My Earpod Na To Jam Dem Weeknd, Post Malone, Lil Wayne, Minaj, Sia, Guetta, Strambellas, Chainsmokers, Rihanna And Dem Drake Songs On A Steady!.
Then Sit And Wonder Why The Guy Beside Me Is So So Fat Or Why We Have Only 2 Whites Onboard Or Why Some People Dress Like They Are Going To Return The Next Day grin
Omo Travel Sweet O,
Except The Ones You Board At CMS...
The Driver Go Just Dey Shout "aye Eni Da Fun Re!" , "baba Re!", "ekuro Lo Juano Eleribu"! Or "omo Ibo Ma Wole O" grin
The Only Time I Will Sleep Is When I Board Edo Airways Next Year grin
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by SUPOTOK(m): 6:20am On Mar 13, 2021
You neva travel long distance thats y u no sleep, 10hrs na long distance? if u travel from Ibadan to Damaturu You go sleep wake up, sleep wake up like that before u reach your destination.
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by Asquare84(m): 7:32am On Mar 13, 2021
I don't sleep during my journey, travelling is my hobby so I learn alot of things during the journey
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by Emmyk(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2021
If I was sleep deprived the night before the trip, I'll certainly sleep. But if I had enough hours of sleep, I won't sleep at all no matter the distance. The longest distance I've travelled by road is Abuja - Ilorin. About 12hours.

By flight, I don't sleep if it's a short trip. If it's a midnight flight, I sleep. grin
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by 1beat(m): 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2021
I don't sleep not that I don't wish to but because of insecurity in Nigeria. I just have to be watchful maybe because is till local hopefully I will have another story for international
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by ednut1(m): 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2021
Eyes always wide open.
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by Stephenmoka4(m): 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
I don't like sleeping, I prefer to see the environment and the happenings.
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by WhyNa: 1:35am On Mar 14, 2021
Me wey if small breeze blow I don sleep go no matter the distance
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by stubbornman(m): 2:32am On Mar 14, 2021
Nah that sleep I dey use calculate the journey ooh before I sleep 3 times wake up I don reach port harcourt
Re: Do You Sleep While Travelling? by Ademola47(m): 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
doggedfighter:
Long distance? Yes

Inactivity leads to nothing but sleep grin
Yes, you are correct. Boredom also makes people sleep.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

£20 And £50 Notes Out Of Circulation Before End Of 2022 / Safest Way To Travel From Abakaliki To Calabar / Delayed Form A For School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.