Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

What Would You Do If You Were President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would You Do If You Were President? (495 Views)

My Speech, If I Were President Buhari By Ik OGBONNA / If You Were President, What Sector Would You Focus On To Kickstart Development? / “If Goodluck Jonathan Were President During Coronavirus” By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Were President? by thereals: 12:05am On Mar 13, 2021
For me, I will first focus on stabilizing the Nigerian economy and making it a lot better.

What about you? What would you do if you were president?
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by andyblinks05: 12:06am On Mar 13, 2021
Lol na till you enter dia you will know it's not to make mouth
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by doggedfighter(f): 12:31am On Mar 13, 2021
Cut down on the cost of governance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by overseasnbeyond: 12:33am On Mar 13, 2021
Break the country
thereals:
For me, I will first focus on stabilizing the Nigerian economy and making it a lot better.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by pharmagba: 1:04am On Mar 13, 2021
1- increase the Nigerian military to 4 times their present capability
2- increase the present Nigerian police to 20 times their present cababilty
3- state police to come into effect while the federal police to stay. Federal police only in serious crime. I don't trust the state govt they may decide not to pay their police
4-abolish state of origin and local government area of origin
5- autonomy for local government complusory
6- -all local government of the federation to have a well equipped sport center, minimum of 15 sports to be in effect in each we're youth can develop talent
7- push for legislation that all churches and mosques that have more than 100worshippers must have a cottage industry where at least 10 people are on salary

8- push for one legislative house at federal level. All 1st tier traditional rulers and prominent religious leaders appointed by their body will elect ( 5 each of Christian, muslim and traditional worshippers) in addition to peoples electives 3 in each state)

9- Ajaokuta must work to 100% capacity, no story

10-all refinery to be sold and licenced to private refinery minimum of 20 refinaries in addition to modular refinaries

10- ministry of science and technology must sponsor till large scale production of at least 20 project of technical colleges and polytechnic annually

11- introduce rangers and forest reserve and boost tourism industry, there.should be in my top 5 revenue
12- joint ownership with an indigenous enterpre ur to set up at least 6 mega phone producing accessory in Nigeria then ban importation of phone accessory

12- re invent the local textile industry then ban importation of fabrics in Nigeria

13- a national carrier must be in place
14- all minster and political appointee must have KPI, to be evaluated every 6months, failure to deliver after 18months must be sacked

15- create investment in Agriculture and ban all processed foods

16 - high speed train to be constructed

17-push for legislative for corrupt public officials to die by firing squad

18- push for legislation that Niger state to break into 4 state, Borno state 3 state, kaduna 2 state, Taraba 2 state, Adamawa 2 state, Kwara 2 state, Oyo 2 state,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:26am On Mar 13, 2021
I would form Yoruba Nation, I would give the Igbos their Biafra and Hausa their Arewa Republic.

Then I would declare a war against against Fulani Herdsmen, a shoot on sight order

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by realstars: 1:54am On Mar 13, 2021
I Will promiss to Make Dollars Equall To Nira, from the day i resume office in the oear 2815.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by optionalY09: 3:38am On Mar 13, 2021
don’t worry nobody want to be Nigeria president again don’t waste your time. The Yoruba people have decided to leave and we will leave Nigeria very soon.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by Karlovych: 4:08am On Mar 13, 2021
grin grin I'll freeze Tinoubou's assets and sign an executive order to split the zoological fraud.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by ProfessorBerlin(m): 4:54am On Mar 13, 2021
Aint doin nothing
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by WonderManly(m): 5:05am On Mar 13, 2021
Let me consult with my Oracle first...

Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by stonemasonn: 5:18am On Mar 13, 2021
Cleaning up Buhari's mess is more than enough work for four years.

I'll retrench all federal civil servants who own assets worth over 1billion naira.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by thereals: 7:37am On Mar 13, 2021
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by thereals: 7:38am On Mar 13, 2021
andyblinks05:
Lol na till you enter dia you will know it's not to make mouth

Well, I probably would never be a president, except, of course, the patriarch allows a woman to be one someday. However, this is just one of my major concerns as a Nigerian.

I've done my research and I know it's not an easy thing, but someone who is passionate and concerned about his country will do it anyway. Our government is just relaxed, they are comfortable while the masses suffer.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by thereals: 7:39am On Mar 13, 2021
WonderManly:
Let me consult with my Oracle first...

Lol, are you done consulting?
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by SmartPolician: 8:01am On Mar 13, 2021
thereals:

I laugh in Japanese. You think say stabilizing the economy na beans? Listen, having a stable economy is a function of long-term efforts coordinated to make it so. It's not an overnight thing.

For me, I will invite the heads of Senate and HoR to a crucial meeting. Loby them and send a bill for constitution amendment so we can restructure this shithole.

1. Every state will control their resources and pay 15% tax to the federal government. The money will be used to maintain our military and other key non-revenue-generating agencies.

2. Unbundle the police and let states manage them. I will also set up a commission that closely watches how state governors run the police. If state governors use it against the opposition during elections, the commission will take over the police until end of tenure of that governor.

3. The constitution amendment will see to it that we shut down the Senate after my administration because we cannot sustain it. Understandably, those old crooks will not want that to happen, but it will come into effect after my 8 years in office.

4. The president will not be appointing the INEC chairmen after my tenure. Interested people who have good track records and good programs for the position should apply and house of rep will interview them and vote. The man with the highest number of votes wins.

5. Political cross-carpeting will be outlawed. However, this will happen upon completion of my tenure because, again, those crooks in house of rep and Senate will never agree. The idea is for them to enjoy the nonsense now and stop it if they still want to represent their people. The moment you decamp, you lose that position.

6. The presidency will be rotated between the north and south. This is to run an all-inclusive government. Every Nigerian deserves a shot at the presidency, irrespective of tribe, party affiliation or religion.

7. Strengthen and make the institutions independent. More importantly, the antigraft agencies can try anyone, including past presidents. The EFCC must have weekly report of state government's spendings. That way, they can keep close tabs on state government activities.

8. 50 years imprisonment for frauds of 1m million and above. 20 years imprisonment for frauds between 50k to 999k. Nobody will be killed for corruption but the penalty will be weighty.

9. Have an 8-year plan that will make state governors generate their electricity. The national grid nonsense is annoying. A state can buy electricity from another if they cannot generate independently.

Abeg ideas plenti; we are not just ready to fix Nigeria. Plus, all these initiatives will have a legal backing so that no idiot will take over and reverse it when I have left the office.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by blackpanda: 8:08am On Mar 13, 2021
thereals:

You have actually said nothing. Stabilizing economy can mean anything.

If I am the president I will fire all Nigerians heading mdas and hire foreign professionals. All Nigerians from richest to poorest, oldest to youngest are all greedy selfish and corrupt
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by TotoGame(m): 8:08am On Mar 13, 2021
1 willl legalize Clitocurrency and cryptocurrencies

2 dissolve EFCC

3 Established skull mining factories in the waste .....baby factories in the yeast and School of banditry and terrorism technology in Aboki land
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by andyblinks05: 9:13am On Mar 13, 2021
thereals:

Well, I probably would never be a president, except, of course, the patriarch allows a woman to be one someday. However, this is just one of my major concerns as a Nigerian.

I've done my research and I know it's not an easy thing, but someone who is passionate and concerned about his country will do it anyway. Our government is just relaxed, they are comfortable while the masses suffer.
woman will someday be president…. but for the fact is that nigerians are glue with problems. even if you mean well for nigerians you wouldn't be able to achieve much cos from the elite down to poor masses we are all our problems. sabotaging the process just to suit our selfish interest
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by theTranslator: 9:52am On Mar 13, 2021
Restructuring 1. Give the regions autonomy as a real federation This would lead to healthy competition 2. Reduce the central powers 3. Reduce Fulani powers 4. Stop all borrowing for anything at all

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by WonderManly(m): 10:57am On Mar 13, 2021
thereals:

Lol, are you done consulting?
Yes ooooooo grin grin grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by Perfectbeing(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2021
If your goal as a presidential aspirant isn't how to multiply the revenue of the country by at least, times four, then you have already failed.. The country isn't as rich as you think.
Re: What Would You Do If You Were President? by Perfectbeing(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2021
SmartPolician:

I laugh in Japanese. You think say stabilizing the economy na beans? Listen, having a stable economy is a function of long-term efforts coordinated to make it so. It's not an overnight thing.

For me, I will invite the heads of Senate and HoR to a crucial meeting. Loby them and send a bill for constitution amendment so we can restructure this shithole.

1. Every state will control their resources and pay 15% tax to the federal government. The money will be used to maintain our military and other key non-revenue-generating agencies.

2. Unbundle the police and let states manage them. I will also set up a commission that closely watches how state governors run the police. If state governors use it against the opposition during elections, the commission will take over the police until end of tenure of that governor.

3. The constitution amendment will see to it that we shut down the Senate after my administration because we cannot sustain it. Understandably, those old crooks will not want that to happen, but it will come into effect after my 8 years in office.

4. The president will not be appointing the INEC chairmen after my tenure. Interested people who have good track records and good programs for the position should apply and house of rep will interview them and vote. The man with the highest number of votes wins.

5. Political cross-carpeting will be outlawed. However, this will happen upon completion of my tenure because, again, those crooks in house of rep and Senate will never agree. The idea is for them to enjoy the nonsense now and stop it if they still want to represent their people. The moment you decamp, you lose that position.

6. The presidency will be rotated between the north and south. This is to run an all-inclusive government. Every Nigerian deserves a shot at the presidency, irrespective of tribe, party affiliation or religion.

7. Strengthen and make the institutions independent. More importantly, the antigraft agencies can try anyone, including past presidents. The EFCC must have weekly report of state government's spendings. That way, they can keep close tabs on state government activities.

8. 50 years imprisonment for frauds of 1m million and above. 20 years imprisonment for frauds between 50k to 999k. Nobody will be killed for corruption but the penalty will be weighty.

9. Have an 8-year plan that will make state governors generate their electricity. The national grid nonsense is annoying. A state can buy electricity from another if they cannot generate independently.

Abeg ideas plenti; we are not just ready to fix Nigeria. Plus, all these initiatives will have a legal backing so that no idiot will take over and reverse it when I have left the office.
Smart. Very Smart. In fact the smartest I've seen here.. But one thing I know is that for every smart solution we the masses have to take Nigeria to the greatest height imaginable, we can't deny the fact that some of those in power also know this.. Now the problem is why don't they implement this solution. I think when we know why then we're good to go..

And also, to make all these plan a reality in a democracy, you'd need not just be the president. You'd need to have the backing of most of the senators else you'll end up fighting the NASS for 8 years and end up doing absolutely nothing. And you'll end up being worse than even the worst president of Nigeria, whoever he is.

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes / Pdp Wins Isoko North Constituency Bye Elections / What You Need To Know About The Super Tucano Combat Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.