Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes (496 Views)

LP Postpones Ondo Rally Over Communal Clashes & Killings Happening In The State / Communal Clashes Between Effium/Ezza-Effium People Of Ebonyi State In Pictures / Ondo Farmers Jobless, Hungry After Herders Fed Their Crops To Cattle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by okefranci: 8:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has assured the people of Egedege in Ebonyi State of justice over the recent herdsmen's attacks during his visit to their community on Sunday.

He said that government would seek justice on behalf of those who are dead, "not just because they are victims but because they are human beings and they deserve justice."

"Anybody who watches another killed next to him and does not feel angry and pain, and does not feel that the person deserves justice must answer the law ultimately, so do not be under any illusion, so far as it lies within our powers, we will make sure that justices is served," Osinbajo said.

The Vice President, Prof Osinbajo, SAN, who arrived the state on Sunday, in his meeting with the elders of the affected communities, condemned the the March 29 attacks, while he promised them of relief from the Federal Government.

In his address, the Vice President said, "I am here on behalf of Mr President, not just by myself. At times, when things like this happen, when people are killed, when incidents like this happen and we feel particularly outraged, particularly angry about what has happened, the reason being that the people who have been mercilessly massacred are people like you and I, human being like you and I.

"These are young ones, women and children, who have woken up in the morning expected to go about their daily business, expected to go out to fend for themselves and ended up dead not because they've done anything wrong but because of the cowardly wicked act of some other people who lived in the community they are.

Osinbajo, in assuring the elders and people of the communities on government's plans to ensure that the dastard acts do not repeat itself, said it was very important to beef up security in the state, especially the affected communities.

The Vice President said he was already in talks with the General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Army in the state about ensuring that more security was provided, while he informed the people that the GOC had already made some provisions, "but obviously there is need for even greater security," Osinbajo said.

He also charged the people of the local communities to be ready to support the security operative with information on the activities of suspected people around them.

He said: "The local communities themselves must be ready to give more information and prompt information to all of the law enforcement agencies so that prompt actions can be taken in the event that anybody wants to do any further harm.

"Let me assure that we will seek justice on behalf of those who are dead, not just because they are victims but because they are human beings and they deserve justice.

"The community leaders have given me a list of phone numbers and some photographs, I think they are about four or five photographs of some people, I do not know, I can not say weather these people are responsible, this is what must be investigated thoroughly.

"I do not want to leave here given the impression that I have the list of all those who committed offenses, I do not have that in the list, I'm a lawyer, I am a professor of law, I want to make sure that we are clear as to what we have here, the offense could not have been committed by three or four people, there must have been many others. I will make sure investigations are done thoroughly.

"At the level of the National Economic Council (NEC), which is the meeting between the Federal Government representative (that I have the privilege of chairing) and all the Governors of the states are members, we've agreed on certain things where things like this had happened.

The Vice President said, at the NEC level, "We will jointly pursue justice; We will also make provisions as mush as possible between the FG and State Governments for those who have lost their lives and valuables on whatever can be done to help those communities."

Vice President Osinbajo also visited the Effium community where there has been communal clashes, calling on the leaders to ensure that peace reigns, as he described the communal clashes within the community as needless.

Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Naturopathic: 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
I believe so much in OSINBAJO'S word
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by TheRareGem1(f): 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
It's just so unfortunate that fellow Nigerians will be killing each other. The world is such a cruel world, we suppose to be showing one another love not hatred.
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by faithfullness1: 8:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
angry
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Joyce95: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
I so much believe in VP OSINBAJO'S in what ever he say always bring better results
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Nigeriabiafra82: 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
Igangan need that assurance more cause we won’t allow this slide
Vengeance is for God
But revenge is for man
The reprisal will be brutal
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
One moniker deceiving himself here

Naturopathic

TheRareGem1

Joyce95

Waiting for your Okefranci and Munareal.

The only reason you are on nairaland is to polish a failure and disaster.

All the killings in Oyo, Ogun , info he was quiet and suddenly the errand boy found his voice in Ebonyi state...

Nigeria will never experience a disaster like this again.
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Conrod: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
faithfullness1:
angry
Believe this man at ur peril,a man who was helpless to his own ogun people is here promising the same thing they couldnt give to plateau,benue,and almost all the southern states.
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Bakinwuta(f): 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2021
I am from the North and what the VP did atimes is all that is expected from PMB.

Listen to the warring communities. Talk, appeal for calm , share there pain and console the communities in grief.Then investigate and set examples of the culprits.

We really missed having a president that directly engages the populace or says something to ease the pains on the people.

Honestly PMB has not tried in managing the inter-communal violence ,rivalry or suspicions. His silence and careless attitude has made everything seem impossible.

Well-done VP....We need more of this problem solving and direct assessment of situations/ community engagements. Atimes it's all that is needed to bring peace.

Not everything you stay in Abuja to direct others to act.
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Abascoh: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2021
Talk, talk, talk, all they do is talk. This government is the most useless government ever.
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by youngeagle(m): 9:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
This one go do provoke his slave masters
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
Naturopathic:
I believe so much in OSINBAJO'S word
See what APC has done to you

Cc lzaa ngadaawo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Bakinwuta(f): 9:08pm On Apr 04, 2021
youngeagle:
This one go do provoke his slave masters

No slave or master here. As a leader he did his part and it's a start. We can do more. But we should learn not to belittle others effort.

It's not easy as people think to manage the complexity in this nation.
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Thunder1010: 9:10pm On Apr 04, 2021
I'm very confident within me that Nigeria will take a better and new shape soon. We are going there
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by ablejesus26(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
Bakinwuta:

No slave or master here. As a leader he did his part and it's a start. We can do more. But we should learn not to belittle others effort.

It's not easy as people think to manage the complexity in this nation.

Abegii all the ones they have been saying how many have they brought justice to.

if we start listing the justice we have been waiting for nairaland go full begin throway, all they do is talk talk talk talk and more talk

nonsense and Apcheat

everyday yehn yehn yehn yehn yehn

Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by Joylove2324(f): 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2021
Our security operatives need to step up their games in other to curb the insecurities across the country. May God save Nigeria/Nigerians from enemies within
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by rayvelez(m): 10:39pm On Apr 04, 2021
Believe this fake pastor at your own peril, they never get tired of empty promises a whole governor was attacked yet nothing have been done talkless of the helpless villagers.
Re: Ebonyi: Osinbajo Assures Of Justice After Herders Attacks, Communal Clashes by LZAA: 10:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
imhotep:

See what APC has done to you

Cc lzaa ngadaawo
Sai mama grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Anti Buhari Protesters Taunt Pro Buhari Protesters Into Leaving Abuja House In U / ESN and EBUBEAGU and AMBAZONIA / We Were Laughing At Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.