Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State (1789 Views)

NASS Election Coup: We Must Return To Regionalism Now - Dele Ogundele / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity / INEC Suspends 2 Eos Over Alleged Manipulation Of Osun Gov Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 12:32pm On Apr 13, 2011
I JUST HEARD FROM 92.3 FM 12:00 NEWS THAT INEC HAS SUSPENDED NASS ELECTION RESULTS BAYELSA STATE BECAUSE OF IRREGULARITIES, BALLOT BOX SNATCHING & VIOLENCE THAT LARGELY CHARACTERIZED LAST SATURDAY'S POLLS FROM THAT STATE.

THIS SUGGESTS THAT PDP MAY NOT HAVE WON THE ELECTION RESULTS DECLARED SO FAR FROM BAYELSA.

NA WA FOR PDP O.
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by maclatunji: 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
Expect more of the same on Saturday. The pertinent question here is; what are we going to do about it?
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by blacksta(m): 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
The problem with Nigeria is PDP . Remove this parasite and u fix Nigeria

PDp a party with no ideologies but a mere arrangement of self serving personalities whose aim is to hold on power at all cost with the only purpose of looting the treasury
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
blacksta:

The problem with Nigeria is PDP . Remove this parasite and u fix Nigeria

PDp a party with no ideologies but a mere arrangement of self serving personalities whose aim is to hold on power at all cost  with the only purpose of looting the treasury
who says they don't have ideologies ? A whole evil party of nigeria ? I dey lavv cuz they introduce Rigging,political thuggery,corruption,do or die politics,godfatherism,poverty,militant-government relation,over-bloating of contracts,oppression of opposition among others to Nigeria politics.
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by jackpot(f): 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^Your arguments are to be avoided. They're often vulgar and not convincing cool
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by Seun(m): 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
But there were irregularities. How can you blame PDP for the irregularities and violence and also blame them for cancellation of the election due to the irregularities and violence? That makes no sense; you can't have it both ways.
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by maclatunji: 1:25pm On Apr 13, 2011
Seun:

But there were irregularities. How can you blame PDP for the irregularities and violence and also blame them for cancellation of the election due to the irregularities and violence? That makes no sense; you can't have it both ways.

You do not get it, do you? Nobody is complaining about the results cancellation, we are complaining about those who induce violence to achieve their aim of distorting results and blackmailing INEC into either accepting flawed election results or cancelling elections thereby looking incompetent and unreliable.

Let us call a spade a spade. The greatest rigging machine in Nigeria and even beyond is the PDP. With the PDP you have more votes declared than the number of voters registered in a polling station. Collation centres become battle-zones and returning officers become game for target-practice.
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by Orikinla(m): 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
WE ARE GOING TO SACK THE PDP BY ELECTION OR REVOLUTION.
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
Ok . . . I have to ask this now. Are we still sticking to our guns that what we witnessed on Saturday was free and fair election? I mean it seems a good time to get a better idea of what should constitute a free and fair election. I mean right from the release of results, there have been claims of fraud, cancellations, and reports of violence -- 100 people reported to have died on that day. When I try to compare this to what was obtained back in 1993(See I am not even comparing with foreign standards), I fail to see how free and fair this election really was. And note, this is my personal assessment.
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by Knight1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
SO THE PREZ IS GOING TO HAVE TO GO AND VOTE AGAIN

COOL grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2011
This means saturday's gonna be bloody in Baileys state
Re: Breaking News: Inec Suspends Nass Election Results For Bayelsa State by maclatunji: 1:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
Knight1:

SO THE PREZ IS GOING TO HAVE TO GO AND VOTE AGAIN

COOL grin grin grin grin

I did not think about that before. Meanwhile he is busy telling us this on Facebook:

Together, we sent last Saturday and we will again by the grace of God next Saturday send a loud message to the World that Nigeria is on an unstoppable forward movement to free, fair and credible elections and a post election period of peace, progress and stability. God bless Nigeria. GEJ

(1) (Reply)

Acn Wins In Lagos, Ogun, Oyo And Ekiti. Olurin, Akala, And Dosunmu Flogged! / Elechi Hails Supreme Court Verdict, Pledges More Work / “count Me Out Of 2015″ – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.