Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,158 members, 7,864,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:33 AM

Buhari Broke Into Tears - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Broke Into Tears (32837 Views)

For The First Time Buhari Broke Gej Record / Buhari Broke Tinubu's Heart By Choosing Osinbajo - Leadership / Buhari Broke Tinubu's Heart By Choosing Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by rasputinn(m): 9:50am On Apr 14, 2011
[img][/img]

Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Demdem(m): 9:53am On Apr 14, 2011
^^^^^ Yes, weeping for our dear nation
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Blazing99: 9:53am On Apr 14, 2011
rasputinn:

If Buhari is a good man,then I don't need good men

No he's certainly not a saint, but good to a great extent. If GEJ's ur definition of "good", then you certainly need to re-consult your dictionary on the definition of good or consult a 7-year-old who would tell u something similar.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Dahbutter(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2011
Jmaine! i am really surprised at yr reply, so u agree yr presido has been compromised abi. in a follow up i put it to u the stolen money was actually Gej's loot but becos he hadnt the guts to do it himself he channeled thru his wife. Again i tell you the cabal are not ready to change their life and GEJ's hands are not just TIED but SOILED as well. D curse of poverty upon Nigerians is as a result of corruption and people like u who excuse it easily. i weep 4 u, cos am better off
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by rasputinn(m): 10:00am On Apr 14, 2011
Blazing99:

No he's certainly not a saint, but good to a great extent. If GEJ's your definition of "good", then you certainly need to re-consult your dictionary on the definition of good or consult a 7-year-old who would tell u something similar.

grin grin grin grin
What is this,AY's open mic thingyare you a comedian??I ask cos you amuse me.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by bennie1980(m): 10:05am On Apr 14, 2011
I aint moved by the crocodile tears. But what I know is that who ever becomes the president should be ready to work and put smiles on the faces of Nigerians. People are really suffering!
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by danteweb: 10:07am On Apr 14, 2011
Guys, there's this online service that lets you campaign to your Friends specially to those who may not have access to the Internet. Let's win this election men. Its obvious that Ribadu is the right guy.
http://thetimeisnownigeria.com/campaigns/sms_message/new

Read what really happened at the alliance talk here:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/why-acn-cpc-talks-collapsed/
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by 3kay945(m): 10:07am On Apr 14, 2011
Blazing99:

No he's certainly not a saint, but good to a great extent. If GEJ's your definition of "good", then you certainly need to re-consult your dictionary on the definition of good or consult a 7-year-old who would tell u something similar.

dont persuade him, they will soon come back here some month to come to defend Gej maladministration.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by rasputinn(m): 10:15am On Apr 14, 2011
"God has used Bakare's refusal to sign the post dated resignation letter to stop an unholy alliance of two strange bed fellows who were destined to fail. Tinubu was selfishly pushing for this alliance because he wants to be vice president in the alliance. His wife has already been made a senator elect. Jonathan can never act this way. Nigerians, please open your eyes and see through the deceit of these selfish politicians. I am glad that with the collapse of this ACN/CPC alliance, ACN will likely join other parties to mobilise their supporters to vote massively for Jonathan. Jonathan has a Goodluck indeed"

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/why-acn-cpc-talks-collapsed/#disqus_thread

[size=16pt]VOTE GOOLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT[/size]
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by oderemo(m): 10:26am On Apr 14, 2011
this crocodile tears shows this our man has not learnt the act of politic/politiking. let him move over for the next generation of good hearted nigerians to carry the baton.
crying wount win the election, its all about numbers and his as of now dont add up. shikenna.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by blackwood(m): 10:31am On Apr 14, 2011
i dont see why Nigerians are so blind, God gave us Goodluck on his own and we are refusing, is it not clear God has a hand in this man being where he is? why go back to this same Buhari that started the rot in this country? is he not too old by the way? we dont want another sick president O! Lets be wise and vote wisely
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Johns83: 10:34am On Apr 14, 2011
This was just forwarded to my phone:Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows:1. LGA returning officers N5mil each2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each3. INEC directors N3mil each4. All DPOs N500,000 each5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each6. Other INEC officials N2milThe monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by1. Alh Hussaini Jallo2. Alh Hamisu Mairago3. Alh Lawal ismail4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.)PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election.Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers.Pls use ur phone to snap and record all dealings.Protect your vote.Vote Wisely
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by agabaI23(m): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2011
enyojo:

[size=60pt]JESUS WEPT[/size]
JOHN 11V 35
THE SHORTEST VERSE IN THE HOLY BIBLE

The moment you begin to compare Buhari with Jesus, you removing the remaining chance(s) if he had any. Ask Herod!
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Pataki: 10:42am On Apr 14, 2011
blackwood:

i dont see why Nigerians are so blind, God gave us Goodluck on his own and we are refusing, is it not clear God has a hand in this man being where he is? why go back to this same Buhari that started the rot in this country? [b]is he not too old by the way? we dont want another sick president O! [/b]Lets be wise and vote wisely

How old was Awolowo when he contested for Presidency in 1983? He was 74years old!

How old was Nelson Mandela when he contested for Presidency in South Africa?

We had a Yar'Adua who was too weak to go about campaigning in the 2003 presidential elections, yet the same PDP government forced him on us! Buhari has traveled across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria, often times by car, thronged and supported by massive crowd amidst the chaos and noise, and yet in none of these occasions, did we ever hear of him breaking down and falling ill!

Please look for another punch line against the Peoples General!

We are going to decide and we are surely going to make history this Saturday!

Buhari/Bakare 2011!!!
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Kizilala: 10:49am On Apr 14, 2011
Cry me a river,the tears of a loser  cry cry cry
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by danteweb: 10:50am On Apr 14, 2011
Guys, there's this online service that lets you campaign to your Friends  specially to those who may not have access to the Internet. Let's win this election men. Its obvious that Ribadu is the right guy.
http://thetimeisnownigeria.com/campaigns/sms_message/new

Read what really happened at the alliance talk here:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/why-acn-cpc-talks-collapsed/
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by agabaI23(m): 10:57am On Apr 14, 2011
Johns83:

This was just forwarded to my phone:Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows:1. LGA returning officers N5mil each2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each3. INEC directors N3mil each4. All DPOs N500,000 each5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each6. Other INEC officials N2milThe monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by1. Alh Hussaini Jallo2. Alh Hamisu Mairago3. Alh Lawal ismail4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.)PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election.Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers.Pls use your phone to snap and record all dealings.Protect your vote.Vote Wisely

Tell the person who sent that to you that he is a saboteur and a coward if he has such information and has not reported to EFCC. Why is he waiting for another to do it?
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by 3kay945(m): 11:00am On Apr 14, 2011
even if Gen Buhari losses,, i will still be glad
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by blackwood(m): 11:08am On Apr 14, 2011
This Buhari man sef, he thinks he can take us for a ride, why ask Bakare to sign a post dated resignation, why form an alliance with Ibrahim Babangida,Atiku Abubarkar and co. are these not the people who killed our dear country? Do these people think Nigerians are stupid, how do the followers of Nuhu ribadu feel, when they know their candidate can be told to step down? CPC and ACN are not sincere. lets think and vote wisely
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Ericomoto(m): 11:21am On Apr 14, 2011
It is so ridiculous the kind of comments being made here about this great man. For those who were still using Pamper or not yet born when this man rose to the occassion in 1983 when our nation was on the verge of total collapse they might not understand the huge service he has rendered to this country. 1.He is one man who fought corruption and corrupt leaders to sanitise our country and building a foundation for generations to come
2.This is one man who has held many public offices and came out clean without looting and he challenged anyone to come out and proof him otherwise when he said he has never stolen public money(remember he was petroleum minister and PTF chairman without an oil block or even a filling station today.How many has passed thru without amassing wealth?)
3.He is the only former president without a house in Abuja even the one who spent just 3 month has.
Even if you think he does not deserve your vote,please appreciate the fact that he is selfless(how many is?) and has lived by example to the youth of this country. Dont call his tears crocodile tears, he is only weeping for the future of this generation because what an old man can see sitting, a young man cannot see even standing. I weep too for us if all we want to celebrate is mediocrity and incompetence by letting another 4 years of this generation to be wasted.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by tolaakins: 11:23am On Apr 14, 2011
@donlittle, its obvious dat uve done little or nottin with ur life dats y u are good are cursing
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by tolaakins: 11:28am On Apr 14, 2011
@donlittle, its obvious dat uve done little or nottin with your life dats why you are so good at cursin
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by juman(m): 11:29am On Apr 14, 2011
The tears of honest man. This is the third time General Buhari has been trying to help the nation.

Well that's life.

President Jonathan is also honest and really want and ready to take Nigeria to the comity of serious nations. He is reliable and responsible.

Let vote for President Jonathan. Last free and fair election show to us the capability of President Jonathan in handling the situation in Nigeria.

Make Nigeria great. Vote for Jonathan/Sambo team.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 14, 2011
Post by fukings
A Jeta Amata production in Assocition with BB latterrain Northside productions presents, The Tears of A General

It is Attahiru Jega production in assocaition with ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This movie will be released on Saturday by Jega watch out!
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by drgica74: 11:43am On Apr 14, 2011
Oh!he's crying. How will he pay back all he has borrowed,for this election, having seen the handwriting on the wall. Me I dey laugh shaa.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by drgica74: 11:47am On Apr 14, 2011
I bet my two testes, Buhari no fit win this election. Any challenger?
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by calaway: 11:58am On Apr 14, 2011
SHAMELESS CROCODILE TEARS OF AN OLD FOOL!!!!! HE WOULD DO BETTER BEGGING FOR
VOTES.

WHO DOES HE THINK HIS FOOLING? DID HE JUST WAKE TO SEE NIGERIA AS IT IS?
WHY DID HE NOT WEEP FOR NIGERIA:
1.WHEN HE TRUNCATED A DEMOCRATIC PROCESS AND HAD THE GUTS TO SUSPEND
THE VERY DOCUMENT THAT MAKE OUR NATION?
2.WHEN ABIOLA'S MANDATE WAS TAKEN FROM HIM BY ABACHA,IBB AND CO?
3.WHEN ABACHA WAS TRYIN TO TRANFORM HIMSELF TO AN EMPEROR WHILE
MILKING AND SUPPRESSING THE NIGER DELTA EVEN MURDERING KEN SARO WIWA?
4.WHEN THE CABAL HELP POWER AND OBSTRUCTED GEJ TO ASSUMING HIS COSTITUTIONAL
ROLE
5.ETC

ALL THE SHAMELESS SUPPORTERS OF A COUP PLOTTER ON NL ARE JUST AS
SCREWED UP AS THE NIGERIA WE FIND OURSELVES LIVING IN TODAY.

THINGS ARE STARTING TO WORK IN NIGERIA AND YET THIS IDIOT WEEPS FOR
WHAT?

LIGHT HAS IMPROVED,ROADS ARE GETTING BETTER,YOUR VOTES COUNT,RAILWAYS
ARE BACK,
FUEL QUEUES ARE VANISHING, REFINERIES ARE ALL UP AND RUNNING AND YET SO
MANY CLUELESS ODD FELLOWS CALL GEJ NAMES.
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFEE, NIGERIA HAS GOT LUCKY WITH GOODLUCK.
CHANGE IS GEJ.MAY GOD BLESS, HELP, PROTECT AND PRESERVE GEJ FOR ALL
WELL MEANING NIGERIANS.

LONG LIVE GEJ, LONG LIVE NIGERIA.
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by gamesb: 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2011
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 2:08 PM
Subject: FW: 31 reasons

Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 11:43 AM
To: Onuorah Stanley; Okoro Chibuike
Subject: 31 reasons

This is what somebody posted as feedback to an article of vanguard(April 7th 2011 online Edition) concerning Buhari.

Some people dey keep record o!

31 REASONS WHY BUHARI DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR VOTE

In my books, Buhari is a pretentious anti-corruption fighter. The trajectory of a man's journey in public life matters. For the following reasons I cannot vote for Buhari:

1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be put under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers who's land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

1(c) Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo township.

2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution.

3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases was supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.

5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under an emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."

6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of a Northern population majority

7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

8. He is a coup plotter.

9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-caled trust fund.

10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country.

11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in KiriKiri Prison by mean-hearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka's offence.

13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President,the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!

15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.

16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, coordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame

?17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the Nort, h. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.

18. Buhari is unforgiving. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, he even remembered an article written a very very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army functions where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.

19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates (and a few of them protested), Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.

20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologised at anytime.

22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three - Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilised citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilised thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.
23. Let's informed Buhari that Lateef Jakande's $60 million metro rail project for Lagos, which he cancelled immediately after he over-threw the Second Republic, has now accumulated a debt profile of over $3 billion for Lagos State, making the state the most indebted state to Paris Club in the federation.
24 let also remind Buhari that Gbolahan Mudashiru, his Military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him on the clause in the contract agreement that would yoke the state to this debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally, and that he replied Mudashiru, that he didn't care a damn.Though the fund for the execution of that project which would have given the people of Lagos an intra-city light train transport system would not have come from Buhari's Supreme Military Council, General Buhari, as Military Head of State, cancelled this wonderful project of the state government, with ethnicity on his mind.
25. Let us again tell him that his action of jailing Dr Alex Ekwueme, then Nigeria's vice president, from Anambra, and keeping President Shehu Shagari, from Sokoto State in a house arrest in Ikoyi was also ethnically fired.
26. So also was the shorter end of the stick he handed the South, as chair of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), in the execution of projects.
27. Shagari's regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari's wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo's era as military head of state that preceded Shagari's. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Buhari, Obasanjo's appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee's report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari's regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter soon after the 1983 general elections.
28. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari's account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
29. Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure.
30. Buhari's conflicting statements on the money laundering charges involving his ADC in 1984 on the 53 suit cases saga, has indicted him.
31. He should reveal to us his health status, Buhari at 69 yr old is a clear liability on Nigeria and Nigerians is Nigeria a health insurance scheme?
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by enyojo(f): 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2011
[size=16pt]Presidential standard bearer of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), shed tears while presenting his speech on the occasion, marking the end of his presidential campaign at the International Conference Centre in Abuja yesterday.

Buhari, who was honoured as the ‘Noble Father of Nigerian Youths and the Icon of Nigerian Democracy’ by the Nigerian Youths Organisation (NYO), regretted that the 12 years of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) administration in the country had witnessed a painful and unforgettable look of dejection and despondency on the faces of Nigerians, adding that it had left Nigerians without hope of respite in the near future.

Moved with emotion, Buhari, who continuously wiped away tears from his eyes as he read his speech, said that Saturday’s presidential election would be the last time he would offer himself for election into the office of the president.

He reminded Nigerians that he never touched any kobo belonging to the public throughout his involvement in the management of public funds, challenging all the presidential candidates to make the same claim before the Nigerian public if their conscience was clear.
Buhari said: “The suffering majority of Nigerian citizens have witnessed the systematic despoiling and pillaging of the country’s economy by parties and individuals without much thought for due process or care for tomorrow.”

He noted that the process had turned a potentially-rich Nigeria into an international basket case, turning all golden opportunities in the country into an intractable problem. Buhari also said he was seeking to replace the PDP government because it has done so much havoc to the Nigerian people and their reputation, stressing that he joined the presidential race out of personal conviction and concern for the welfare of the Nigerian people.

In his statement, the NYO chairman, Ebenezer Oyetakin, said t he youths of Nigeria decided to give the two awards to the former military head of state because the group has followed his proven integrity, as well as his antecedents since his engagements in public office as an incorrupt leader who has relentlessly insisted that democracy should be practiced constitutionally. [/size]
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by hbrednic: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2011
drgica74:

Oh!he's crying. How will he pay back all he has borrowed,for this election, having seen the handwriting on the wall. Me I dey laugh shaa.
He ve been moving around with a rented jet and the bills are pilling up.
Reality will soon hit him in the face  embarassed
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by wewe1(m): 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2011
In 1985, IBB was the president of Nigeria, our teacher told us about buhari being the former president.
THEN OUR TEACHER AGAIN TOLD US WE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW.
25 years later, IBB and BUHARI are still contesting for president,
so here is the question,
why
(A) Our teachers lied to us that we are the leaders of tomorrow
(B) Our leaders are too greedy or power drunk to the extent that they can result into fake cry to stimulate empathy/sympathy vote
(C) Our tomorrow will never come

i want BB suporters to pick 1 out of the above option or explain why a man like buhari should overthrown a democratically elected president and now wants our vote
i just dont understand how some people could be so daft into believng dat buhari is the answer in this current global dispensation.
buhari has used his own time and wants to use another person's time. at his age, he should go and sit down and play with his grand children. he should allow another young people to do it. we dont want to bury anoda presi
Re: Buhari Broke Into Tears by Ayowumie(m): 12:18pm On Apr 14, 2011
drgica74:

You are dead wrong. Buhari never borrowed from any god damn living thing. And all the rented jets have been duly paid for from personal contributions of his poor followers. I, based on personal conviction, personally paid a token to his campaign fund. Even if he doesnt win, i wouldnt regret voting for him.
I had an opportunity of been into a high level conversation between Buhari and a governor in North-Western state. The SA to the governor revealed a shocker. Aliero was in a bid to defect to CPC, thereby offerring Buhari 1.5billion as a 'token' to his presidential campaign fund. The SA said that Buhari said his campaign does not need up to that.

Tell me, how many of the candidates have such high regard for moral uprightness? How much has GEJ spent on his campaign, where is the money coming from, how much is his salary?

Although, i am impressed with the logic behind GEJ campaign however, the more i think about it, the more annoying and incredible it becomes. What is the source of his campaign fund?
Have we all bothered to ask ourselves this single question? How do you think GEJ is going to pay back to those (the old politicians) whose consultations he sought in the course of his campaigns? Definitely he is going to sacrifice merit on the alter of political compensation? With this, can we ever be able to curb corruption?
I AM TOO DEPRESSED TO TALK FURTHER.

We still have a long way to go

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar / Buhari And Nigerians In Diaspora In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.