Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps (29417 Views)

Payhippo Raises $3 Million In Seed Funding To Extend Quick Loans To SMEs / Financial Difficulty/health Problems Isn't A Legal Defence To Debt Owed In Dubai / When Should You Hire A Lawyer For Cases Related To Debt Collection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by santuse: 7:40am On Mar 14, 2021
OK, noted
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Kimjongun: 7:47am On Mar 14, 2021
I was here, I just got out, but I used my own money well so no regrets
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by MartinsD12(m): 7:48am On Mar 14, 2021
Otobroto:

https://dailytrust.com/how-trending-quick-loans-lure-workers-smes-to-debt-traps
If you must borrow please borrow from your bank the interest are good, according to what I read here 80k to pay 82k with access bank, if it's branch loan or any of those loans apps that gives you 80k am sure the interest would be 20 to 25k na die be that, branch and Migo, and other loan apps are suffering Nigerians worst is there is no regulation as regards interest rate, it's a pity lots of Nigerians are applying for loans on all these high interest rates loan apps, cbn should look into this I believe they are on nairaland and they are hearing us, it's too much imagine 5k to pay 8k under 7 days. Please run away from them, borrow from your bank most banks now have fast loan.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by emmydee(m): 7:53am On Mar 14, 2021
Nigerians should stop borrowing from these people. They are wicked and when you default, then you would understand that kaki no be leather!

1 Like

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Jeffy1206(m): 7:55am On Mar 14, 2021
If you ask me why people are defaulting is cos of their high interest rate with short time repayment. Most of the companies are criminals too. How can you give people loans about 35% interest to pay in 8 days? �

5 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Alejobs: 8:00am On Mar 14, 2021
This is really sad and disheartening, we lack any social safety net as a people not to talk of our poor health infrastructure. Recommend my power solution for your home and IT friends and colleagues, it can charge your phones for up to a week, power laptop for over 10 hours and works well with solar. 0806531,6307
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 14, 2021
From personal experience, the best quick loans with moderate rates flexible tenor and good customer service

Branch
Paylater
GT quick loan
Access loan
Palm credit
Easy credit
Kwik
Quick check
Fairmoney

The one's with useless rude demonic customer service representatives, fraudulent choking rates and devilish tenors

9ja cash
9credit
Cashhere
Okash
Gocash
Sokoloan
Kashkash

For the love of your life avoid anything CASHHERE they run a criminal syndicate and anything sokoloan wicked rates and tenors. NEVER GO NEAR THESE DEMONS AND THEIR STAFF. NEVER

I AM STILL WONDERING WHY EFCC HASN'T CLOSED DOWN CASHHERE.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by bodmas119(m): 8:13am On Mar 14, 2021
If it happens I collected their loan and am unable to meet the repayment as at due date and cos of that they sent messages to all my contacts, calling me a criminal and all that, it means they have collect the money am owing them. I would never pay them back again. Sokolaon are wicked criminaly, they are inhumane

5 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by favour32(m): 8:14am On Mar 14, 2021
Avoid loan if you can....then you be a free person....na greek gift!
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Midex88(m): 8:18am On Mar 14, 2021
Loan ain't for me
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Yeyenairaland(m): 8:19am On Mar 14, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....

Am not a fan of quick loan....I hate borrowing..

I always heed to my grandfather's advice...which states that .....son.....always prepare for the worse and hope for the best....

Borrowing leads to poverty- tea
May we drink all type of tea in this life except pover-TEA

Depending on what you borrowed money for

You really need to unlearn somethings and get fresh insight

2 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by pocohantas(f): 8:19am On Mar 14, 2021
Banks were given a mandate to increase their risk assets (loans), that is why commercial banks became risk-friendlier and started rolling out different individual loan packages. It is not like they wanted to give you before. cheesy

Previously, most RMs shy away from risk. No one wants to book a bad loan that would kill his/her career and even affect their branch. Recovery is another issue, Nigerians have bad character and I am sure it is because of us they added that to the Cs of credit.

Even as friendly as banks were, they were still not accessible to the average person, that is why these independent loan companies became more popular. I’ll say, avoid them. Loans are not for personal hard times, weddings or vacations. You have your family and friends for such soft loans...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by clemzo101(m): 8:21am On Mar 14, 2021
These people dealt with me until I told myself I was going to stop no matter what. It's been over 1year now I have not collected a dime.

Next they started using phone calls to disturb my life. I told them I am not interested anymore, yet they keep calling.

Last time I told the lady that called me that she is a very wicked and a bad person, instead of being happy that I got saved and free from the slavery, she is busy encouraging me to come back.

Stay away from it guys.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by nsiba: 8:23am On Mar 14, 2021
Funkeshuga:

they where sending terrible text to a friend contact all because he defaulted 2days after reaching out to them

like calling him a criminal, and we should report him to police. I've to put a call through, he was so embarrassed

how much is this money he said 16k but they collected 23,947. those evil, I've to send him 15k immediately and beg him to find means for the rest and save himself for the embarrassment

Embarrass wetin?

In Nigeria you are still talking embarrassment, lemme tell you if I am ur friend I won't pay shi shi again
Politicians, Army , Buhari aren't embarrass na me go come de embarrass
Thunder fire dem

2 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 14, 2021
sylve11:

my friend stop this nonsense talk. I know you are one of them loan agents. angry cool

If i took a loan from you, and i did not pay, how would you get your money back?
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by SlahJoe(m): 8:25am On Mar 14, 2021
[quote author=Yeyenairaland post=99870030]
I.e whether it's bad or good loan cheesy wink
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by nsiba: 8:26am On Mar 14, 2021
clemzo101:
These people dealt with me until I told myself I was going to stop no matter what. It's been over 1year now I have not collected a dime.

Next they started using phone calls to disturb my life. I told them I am not interested anymore, yet they keep calling.

Last time I told the lady that called me that she is a very wicked and a bad person, instead of being happy that I got saved and free from the slavery, she is busy encouraging me to come back.

Stay away from it guys.

When next they call you put ur phone near a loudspeaker and let the call run

1 Like

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by SlahJoe(m): 8:26am On Mar 14, 2021
I.e whether it's bad or good loan cheesy wink
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by authority2006(m): 8:27am On Mar 14, 2021
SEGLIZ:

sir it seems you don't know or understand this loan we are debating here? it's not even a soft loan na quick loan, sharp sharp loan, it is generally know as LAPO in my environment, though there different schemes that has the same modus operandi.

The guy I quoted said "borrowing leads poverty-tea", he was being general and not specific.
I quoted you too on Lapo issue. All those loan apps, I understand everything about them and I wouldn't advise anyone to borrow from them. But micro finance banks are entirely different. Let me give you an example: if a member default in a particular week, another member who wants to take loan will be ask to pay for the defaulter for that week. They don't take extreme measures like what I'm reading here. Me, I'm a cooperative societies guy.
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by nsiba: 8:29am On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:

If i took a loan from you, and i did not pay, how would you get your money back?

My brother me and my guys don chop no be today, make dem dare come hold on top the criminal high interest na person head go hear am
Awon werey, where dem self go get d money?
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Kondomatic(m): 8:30am On Mar 14, 2021
pocohantas:
Banks were given a mandate to increase their risk assets (loans), that is why commercial banks became risk-friendlier and started rolling out different individual loan packages. It is not like they wanted to give you before. cheesy

Previously, most RMs shy away from risk. No one wants to book a bad loan that would kill his/her career and even affect their branch. Recovery is another issue, Nigerians have bad character and I am sure it is because of us they added that to the Cs of credit.

Even as friendly as banks were, they were still not accessible to the average person, that is why these independent loan companies became more popular. I’ll say, avoid them. Loans are not for personal hard times, weddings or vacations. You have your family and friends for such soft loans...
Banks cannot give you loan until you provide hard evidence to prove that you actually don't need a loan grin but a businessman is got no options. You must patronize them anyways.

Yea, recovering loans from Nigerians is a tough job that's why these loan apps go the hard way. Once your grace period expires, they will declare you wanted and forward the message to all your contacts, no joy grin

Hey, log out and go to church before emepem anyam

1 Like

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by omonla10(m): 8:30am On Mar 14, 2021
obonujoker:

How?? Details??
type specta on Google. Continue from there.. Finished paying my loan feb 28..and have collected another
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Gbagura: 8:31am On Mar 14, 2021
Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit If you must borrow at all, don't ever borrow from them. They are the worst and the rudest. Sokoloan is far better than them, pun intended.
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by OceanEye: 8:32am On Mar 14, 2021

2 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 14, 2021
nsiba:

My brother me and my guys don chop no be today, make dem dare come hold on top the criminal high interest na person head go hear am
Awon werey, where dem self go get d money?

If i took a loan of one million naira from you and then i refused to pay, how would you get it back?

It is like you are saying you will forgive me the loan.?

Okay, that means that everyone can come and borrow money from you without anyone paying back because you are so generous

Till you are down to your last one naira.

Thanks
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by yorke1: 8:36am On Mar 14, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Those apps are nothing but loan sharks. The amount of interest they place on loan is too high. They know you can't pay back on time.
Theyy know you can't pay back on time so they call your contacts, girlfriend, exgirlfriend, neighbors, your in-laws ND co-workers. They send out text messages too that will tannish your image

Please.my question is, how do they get their contact phone numbers?
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by nsiba: 8:37am On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:

If i took a loan of one million naira from you and then i refused to pay, how would you get it back?

It is like you are saying you will forgive me the loan.?

Okay, that means that everyone can come and borrow money from you without anyone paying back because you are so generous

Till you are down to your last one naira.

Thanks

For dis 9ja as long as me and you didn't put pen to paper and sign in the presence of our lawyers, OYO 4u
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by nsiba: 8:41am On Mar 14, 2021
OceanEye:

Something I am battling right now. These bastard loan app sent embarrassing messages to my contacts when I was about to pay them. Then I told them frankly that I am not going to pay back, that the damages they have caused can't be redeemed with the money I owe. They said they are going to arrest me and I am waiting for that. I even demand for there physical address with they refused to give me. One of my contacts who received the message even advised me to take legal action! And I have already reported them to the authority. I like trouble, if you ask me, same as they do.

Just imagine, where did write that they were going to tarnish your image?

My colleague told one customer care after they did same to him that it is over his dead body they will get back their 50k
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 14, 2021
nsiba:

For dis 9ja as long as me and you didn't put pen to paper and sign in the presence of our lawyers, OYO 4u

Okay so people can come and take money freely from you

Thanks.

By the way in taking a loan from a loan app you agree to their terms and conditions which is a legal document

And should you go to.court you will lose

And not paying back the loan makes it difficult for the loan app to give loans to other people in need

And they go out of business

And then the poor have to go to banks who demand collateral and other high faulting stuff before you can get a loan

So if you cant pay a loan back don't take it.

Good morning to you
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by LauraClasikVibe(f): 8:51am On Mar 14, 2021
gfon:
My eyes see shege for this matter
kindly share your experience.
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by nsiba: 8:51am On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:

Okay so people can come and take money freely from you

Thanks.

By the way in taking a loan from a loan app you agree to their terms and conditions which is a legal document

And should you go to.court you will lose

And not paying back the loan makes it difficult for the loan app to give loans to other people in need

And they go out of business

And then the poor have to go to banks who demand collateral and other high faulting stuff before you can get a loan

So if you cant pay a loan back don't take it.

Good morning to you

How many of them are following the CBN guidelines in giving out of loans?
Why can't they report you to CBN instead of tarnishing ur image?
I will dash you loan more than Dangote and Adenuga combined.

I won't lose if we go to court cause I know many of them are not abiding to d necessary rules and regulations set out by CBN

1 Like

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by AerialMapper: 8:52am On Mar 14, 2021
Avoid these Shylock loan apps; they’ll not only entrap you but embarrass you as well!

Never allow them access your contacts. If you must, delete all contacts from your phone especially if you plan on defaulting. They will blast SMS to every phone number in your contacts in the event that you default.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Various Ways Of Making Money Online! Hot Tutorials / CBN To Announce New Currency Policy Tomorrow (June15) / Tribunal sacks Kano House of Reps member, Yerima over fake certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.