Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps (29418 Views)

Payhippo Raises $3 Million In Seed Funding To Extend Quick Loans To SMEs / Financial Difficulty/health Problems Isn't A Legal Defence To Debt Owed In Dubai / When Should You Hire A Lawyer For Cases Related To Debt Collection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by pocohantas(f): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2021
Kondomatic:
Banks cannot give you loan until you provide hard evidence to prove that you actually don't need a loan grin but a businessman is got no options. You must patronize them anyways.

Yea, recovering loans from Nigerians is a tough job that's why these loan apps go the hard way. Once your grace period expires, they will declare you wanted and forward the message to all your contacts, no joy grin

Hey, log out and go to church before emepem anyam

I got one of such messages from them, obviously a contact collected loan. I sent a her a WhatsApp message “Go and Pay ooo”.

Na businessmen collect pass, na them default pass kwa. Some of them have integrity though, some situations beyond their control...
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by nsiba: 8:59am On Mar 14, 2021
AerialMapper:
Avoid these Shylock loan apps; they’ll not only entrap you but embarrass you as well!

Never allow them access your contacts. If you must, delete all contacts from your phone especially if you plan on defaulting. They will blast SMS to every phone number in your contacts in the event that you default.

In this Nigeria is there anything like embarrassment again?
Most especially coming from some criminal funded enterprises

1 Like

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by gfon(m): 9:01am On Mar 14, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
kindly share your experience.
i got addictf to it,had to give myself sense cause i wasn't making any savings

1 Like

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by sylve11: 9:07am On Mar 14, 2021
bodmas119:
If it happens I collected their loan and am unable to meet the repayment as at due date and cos of that they sent messages to all my contacts, calling me a criminal and all that, it means they have collect the money am owing them. I would never pay them back again. Sokolaon are wicked criminaly, they are inhumane

grin grin grin cool
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by LauraClasikVibe(f): 9:07am On Mar 14, 2021
gfon:
i got addictf to it,had to give myself sense cause i wasn't making any savings
You have FREE coin waiting! Join #Binance and we'll both get $100 of either Ada or BNB FOR FREE. Sign up with https://accounts.binance.cc/en/register?ref=71948646
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:10am On Mar 14, 2021
karzyharsky:
They like to threaten guarantor with this kind of message

Good day, this is in regard of Abu with phone number 0702725263740 who has failed to pay back the loan he took from US, kindly reach and urge him to make payment to avoid us taking LEGAL ACTIONS against him, IF WE DONT GET the PAYMENT BEFORE 5PM TODAY,HIS PICTURE WILL DISPLAY ON ALL SOCIAL MEDIA AS A FRUADSTER AND HE SHOULD GET A GOOD LAWYER THAT CAN DEFEND HIS FRAUDULENT ACT. Finally, be informed that you are one of HIS EMERGENCY CONTACT, we have your information, you can as well tell him to exclude you if you do not know about this loan.

That's true! They sent such a message to me urging me to tell my friend who took a loan. I was confused until I had to call him. He admitted that he took the loan, but he'll pay.

Guy, you're right. Wow!
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by JackWolfskin: 9:14am On Mar 14, 2021
79733139:
How do they get borrowers' phone contacts?

Those little 'permissions' you give/accept while installing and using the app.

Camera (some)
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by SEGLIZ: 9:37am On Mar 14, 2021
authority2006:

The guy I quoted said "borrowing leads poverty-tea", he was being general and not specific.
I quoted you too on Lapo issue. All those loan apps, I understand everything about them and I wouldn't advise anyone to borrow from them. But micro finance banks are entirely different. Let me give you an example: if a member default in a particular week, another member who wants to take loan will be ask to pay for the defaulter for that week. They don't take extreme measures like what I'm reading here. Me, I'm a cooperative societies guy.

what I know about the online platform is they cast everywhere even down to you family members.
though for micro LAPO, I can confirm to you they extra miles in redeeming the fund. I have one on my street, besides I've had people I that did the scheme even before the one on my street came, the way they scamper to pay back is hypertensive.
for cooperative scheme bro you be chairman o, you money is the one speaking and working for you now. unlike this one without dividend and still you over pay interest.
it better to go into contribution or cooperative than all this devilish soft loan scheme. you running a scheme that gives you rest of mind and room to sleep unlike all this soft loan and micro scheme. the greed in our people won't make them want to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by isaac65: 9:40am On Mar 14, 2021
Short term loans helps provided you repay on time. I have been with Kwikpay credit for so many years. I only borrow when I need to but always payback when I receive my salary.

3 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by authority2006(m): 9:48am On Mar 14, 2021
SEGLIZ:

what I know about the online platform is they cast everywhere even down to you family members.
though for micro LAPO, I can confirm to you they extra miles in redeeming the fund. I have one on my street, besides I've had people I that did the scheme even before the one on my street came, the way they scamper to pay back is hypertensive.
for cooperative scheme bro you be chairman o, you money is the one speaking and working for you now. unlike this one without dividend and still you over pay interest.
it better to go into contribution or cooperative than all this devilish soft loan scheme. you running a scheme that gives you rest of mind and room to sleep unlike all this soft loan and micro scheme. the greed in our people won't make them want to .

I do weekly contributions as well, but that's not a direct loan. The problem with our people is impatience and sacrifice. You tell them that they have to save and wait for 6 months before they can obtain loan from the cooperative society, they will pass. Or, the weekly contribution that could span over a year!
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Tulsaguy: 10:06am On Mar 14, 2021
grin Crooked politicians stole public funds, and when Mr. integrity came to power they were so afraid that some drop off huge cash at the airport. those who can't bank their loot start quickloan biz. Mr. integrity & his cabinet are milking the country dry now, it's just that they are smarter thieves than the PDP robbers. This APC looters go plunder the common patrimony and still charge you to court for protesting or complaining.

1 Like

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Klechman(m): 10:24am On Mar 14, 2021
rangerover:
From personal experience, the best quick loans with moderate rates flexible tenor and good customer service

Branch
Paylater
GT quick loan
Access loan
Palm credit
Easy credit
Kwik
Quick check
Fairmoney

The one's with useless rude demonic customer service representatives, fraudulent choking rates and devilish tenors

9ja cash
9credit
Cashhere
Okash
Gocash
Sokoloan
Kashkash

For the love of your life avoid anything CASHHERE they run a criminal syndicate and anything sokoloan wicked rates and tenors. NEVER GO NEAR THESE DEMONS AND THEIR STAFF. NEVER

I AM STILL WONDERING WHY EFCC HASN'T CLOSED DOWN CASHHERE.
Cashhere is really demonic, sokoloan the mother of them all
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by SEGLIZ: 10:27am On Mar 14, 2021
authority2006:

I do weekly contributions as well, but that's not a direct loan. The problem with our people is impatience and sacrifice. You tell them that they have to save and wait for 6 months before they can obtain loan from the cooperative society, they will pass. Or, the weekly contribution that could span over a year!

you've finally open up our people and finished them. no one is willing to grow and groom their way to success but they want it quick and hot at the end it will get their tongue burnt and throat choked.
I strongly advise those around and who ever cares to listen to go into contribution for it is easy even faster than all the scheme they run after believing they are better, easier and faster but leaving them devastated for more longer time than they would have waited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by CyberEBOLA(m): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2021
OceanEye:

Something I am battling right now. These bastard loan app sent embarrassing messages to my contacts when I was about to pay them. Then I told them frankly that I am not going to pay back, that the damages they have caused can't be redeemed with the money I owe. They said they are going to arrest me and I am waiting for that. I even demand for there physical address with they refused to give me. One of my contacts who received the message even advised me to take legal action! And I have already reported them to the authority. I like trouble, if you ask me, same as they do.
Most people wont pay shishi after going through such embarrassment
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by mfoniso67157: 10:53am On Mar 14, 2021
:How?? Details??type specta on Google. Continue from there.. Finished paying my loan feb 28..and have collected another
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by razzydoo(m): 11:18am On Mar 14, 2021
Them no dey telli person, telli person...make i do small motivational speech, you cannot be in grace and be disgraced. Facto!!
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by MrFollowFollow(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2021
Shi2malaga:
na so dem de disturb me for 1k wer remains me to pay, the airtime Der use to call n send me text Don pass de money I de owe.

Las Las dem beg me to pay 7h say dem Don remove 30% ;Dna so dem de disturb me for 1k wer remains me to pay, the airtime Der use to call n send me text Don pass de money I de owe.

Las Las dem beg me to pay 7h say dem Don remove 30%

So what if it's just 1K, is that why you should not pay it back? angry
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by MrFollowFollow(m): 11:48am On Mar 14, 2021
Gbagura:
Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit Lcredit If you must borrow at all, don't ever borrow from them. They are the worst and the rudest. Sokoloan is far better than them, pun intended.

It appears you're a habitual debtor.

The reason why you hate them i because they refused to let you take them for a ride!

Sokoloan knows how to deal with people like you who borrow but don't like to pay back grin
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by MrFollowFollow(m): 11:51am On Mar 14, 2021
Ameboperoo:

The app will ask for access to your contact, sms, location etc. They would import all these to their end so if you delete the app, they already have it.
What annoyed me most is the way their customer's service talk to people. Very very rude. And they send messages to your contact that Mr so so is a criminal bla bla.
Imagine, your boss or in-law received such message.
I pray I never have reasons to take such loan again

If you are not firm in your approach a Nigerian debtor will never repay his loan! angry

1 Like

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by MrFollowFollow(m): 11:54am On Mar 14, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
please after sending these kind of stupid messages and destroying things for someone. Is the person still suppose to repay? Because this is exactly what I'm battling now with my contacts calling me up and down plus my boss...How can they call me a criminal and destroy my image over 2500naira delayed 2days on a 1week loan. 9credit is d mad loan app

A delay of just 1 day affects the revenue of the loan company because you have tied down money that would otherwise be lent to another person to earn revenue interest

3 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Rodwave: 11:56am On Mar 14, 2021
IjeBos:
5% per month? That's a 60% apr. I guess lending is risky in Nigeria, but those rates are atrocious. Need to get into that business.

U are funny. Some are even as high as 15% per month.
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by MrFollowFollow(m): 11:59am On Mar 14, 2021
nsiba:

Stay which away I go chop their loan highly dem go bad mouth me, shey Government no de owe people

It is because of dishonest people like you that regular and honest people who need the loans are charged high interest rate due to perceived risk of such exposure by the quick loan company!

3 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Rodwave: 11:59am On Mar 14, 2021
StandardBuilder:
This loans help if taken by the right set of people, i.e someone with a functioning business, but some people take loan for party or just to get food. That is where the problem started .

No business can survive with that type of loan.

It's only good in boosting your credit rating for newbies.

2 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:59am On Mar 14, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

A delay of just 1 day affects the revenue of the loan company because you have tied down money that would otherwise be lent to another person to earn revenue interest
Then is it worth destroying my business relationship with my contacts right? Even not afraid to call my family a set of thieves on d run.

I wonder how they expect me to pay? I want to even find who sent that text to kill the person and let me go to prison (that's if I'm caught)

So be careful, You work for those fvckin chinese who pay to stipends less than 50k i guess to be embarrassing your people and go beyond limit. Do u know the message against me made me loose my biz deals and job trust....

One day One day a demented head like mine will trace ur num and kill u for destroying him over how much that would be eventually paid...it wasn't even my first loan with them i pay 2days bfr d due date.

I will teach those ur staff a lesson but they might not know it is d sms they are sending that killed them
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by MrFollowFollow(m): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
nsiba:

For dis 9ja as long as me and you didn't put pen to paper and sign in the presence of our lawyers, OYO 4u

You are a very dishonest person!

1 Like

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Ameboperoo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

If you are not firm in your approach a Nigerian debtor will never repay his loan! angry
I have work in the loan department of a Microfinance bank and I know that. But the approach of these apps is very wrong.
I was talking to one of their costumers care representative and he was just shouting that I'm lying, I had to end the call and sent a warning text to him. Why should I lie because of how much? An
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
OceanEye:

Something I am battling right now. These bastard loan app sent embarrassing messages to my contacts when I was about to pay them. Then I told them frankly that I am not going to pay back, that the damages they have caused can't be redeemed with the money I owe. They said they are going to arrest me and I am waiting for that. I even demand for there physical address with they refused to give me. One of my contacts who received the message even advised me to take legal action! And I have already reported them to the authority. I like trouble, if you ask me, same as they do.
Exactly. Myself also, i really intended paying them back with d default days charges but these Idiots are super rude when they call and then sent embarrassing messages like my family name are thieves and on d run.

How do they want me to pay again after this damage like they can redeem my image after d super rubbish they did. I swear i feel like i should never pay again..lets go to court, they destroyed a supply i normally make weekly with their Useless messages. They should better be smart and find other ways of getting their loan back than this format. My loan is 2500naira o
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by Gbagura: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
MrFollowFollow:

It appears you're a habitual debtor.

The reason why you hate them i because they refused to let you take them for a ride!

Sokoloan knows how to deal with people like you who borrow but don't like to pay back grin
As your moniker depicts, you're mere follower. Now crawl back to the hole you came from. Dangote inlaw that you are.

2 Likes

Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by harjay1986: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Those apps are nothing but loan sharks. The amount of interest they place on loan is too high. They know you can't pay back on time.
Theyy know you can't pay back on time so they call your contacts, girlfriend, exgirlfriend, neighbors, your in-laws ND co-workers. They send out text messages too that will tannish your image

you are right bro, but i have one conny friend that beat them, once he download the app during the registration he will give permission for his contact to be read but when he is ready to take the loan he will deny the permission, by this they will find no contact to copy
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
harjay1986:

you are right bro, but i have one conny friend that beat them, once he download the app during the registration he will give permission for his contact to be read but when he is ready to take the loan he will deny the permission, by this they will find no contact to copy
You can even move all ur contacts away and form ghost contacts. There are ways ofc to beat that shiit...but some of us had good intentions to pay back but after a day or two default and they go that length of destroying what they don't know you have built makes me despise them. Imagine saying all my family are criminals and on d run.

Nigerians will Deal with those chinese apps. They must go back to chinan fools
Re: How Quick Loans Lure Workers, SMEs To Debt Traps by MrFollowFollow(m): 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
AerialMapper:
Avoid these Shylock loan apps; they’ll not only entrap you but embarrass you as well!

Never allow them access your contacts. If you must, delete all contacts from your phone especially if you plan on defaulting. They will blast SMS to every phone number in your contacts in the event that you default.

For making this kind of suggestion it's obvious that you're a thief!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN To Announce New Currency Policy Tomorrow (June15) / Tribunal sacks Kano House of Reps member, Yerima over fake certificate / Various Ways Of Making Money Online! Hot Tutorials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.