Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

How Ogun Lost Opportunity To Be Number One In Cement Production - Niyi Olatidoye - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Ogun Lost Opportunity To Be Number One In Cement Production - Niyi Olatidoye (452 Views)

Niyi John Olajide Leads CCA Delegation To Nigeria For Trade Investment Talks / Who Has Experience In Cement Selling Business / Opportunity To Own a Free Plot Of Land in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Ogun Lost Opportunity To Be Number One In Cement Production - Niyi Olatidoye by arthur247(m): 9:16am On Mar 14, 2021
Prince Niyi Olatidoye: The problem is multifaceted. The civil servants are myopic, in that they only listened to the voice of their bosses: the Senators, Governors and Commissioners. The type of education we received then was totally different from what we have today. In oversea, for instance, we were trained to be strong, self-reliant, and self-sufficient. We were not trained to collect gratification.

During our time, I was the project evaluation officer for Ibese cement and we had call on China to do the feasibility study and built one million tons per annum that would made Ogun state the number one in cement production, but it was truncated because of greed of Late Chief Olabisi Onabanjo. Unfortunately, the military came and wiped them out.

After that, Otunba Gbenga Daniel who knew nothing about the project, came 25 years after the project has been put together with so many effort, sold it to Dangote.

This project would have fetched the state lot of billions but it was sold, because we are not enlightened, and we don’t look forward. Otunba Gbenga Daniel was naïve because he knew nothing about the effort that was put into it, and that was how the glory of this state was giving away, because it was signed, sealed and delivered. Ibese formation was the best cement and was even there before Ilaro trading company. I kept the report of the project for posterity. I have a documentary I have written and I have used it to write a book which I planned to update now. All these things will be there for posterity. The people in school now are not well baked and groomed, they are servile.

https://thesparklightng.com/2021/03/14/how-ogun-under-olabisi-onabanjo-lost-opportunity-to-be-number-one-in-cement-production-niyi-olatidoye/

Re: How Ogun Lost Opportunity To Be Number One In Cement Production - Niyi Olatidoye by Baawaa(m): 9:22am On Mar 14, 2021
After that, Otunba Gbenga Daniel who knew nothing about the project, came 25 years after the project has been put together with so many effort, sold it to Dangote.

This project would have fetched the state lot of billions but it was sold, because we are not enlightened, and we don’t look forward. Otunba Gbenga Daniel was naïve because he knew nothing about the effort that was put into it, and that was how the glory of this state was giving away, because it was signed, sealed and
Gbenga Daniel and Obasanjo really dealt with Ogun during PDP era

(1) (Reply)

What Does Piggyvest Entails? / With 100k..... / Is Union Pay Or Alipay Still Available In Nigeria ? Via ATM OR Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.