Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh (1082 Views)

Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by SATANICALLY: 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jesus Christ the Son of God, the only Saviour of mankind and Messiah of God gave us clear, unmistakable descriptions of how things are in the kingdom of God by the use of short stories called parables.

As usual, my only authority is Jesus Christ because he’s the one we are commanded to listen to. Since the Bible is full of self-contradictions, the only wise response to Bible incongruities is limiting oneself to Jesus Christ for those who are desperate in their search for God and his kingdom.

1. The Parable of the Sower.

Mat 13:3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

Mat 13:4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the wayside, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

Mat 13:5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

Mat 13:6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

Mat 13:7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprung up and choked them:

Mat 13:8 But others fell into good ground and brought forth fruit, some a hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

Mat 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

This is very straight forward: the sower is God and his children and the seed is the word of God (never mind ‘pastors’ who lie to us that seed is money); the “wayside” are those who receive the gospel but the devil (fowls of the air are demons) steals it from their hearts; the “stony places” are those who receive the gospel but lack roots or depth in themselves so are offended by trials and persecution that come due to the gospel; the “thorny ground” are those who receive the gospel but are carried away by the cares of this life while the “good soil” are those who receive the gospel and bear fruits according to their capacities.

So, it’s very clear here that everyone determines what sort of soil he becomes and there’s no mention of assistance in any way, shape or form from the sower to the soils. The decision to receive the gospel and how you fare with it is your sole responsibility; no grace or sacrifice is mentioned or implied here at all. Also noteworthy is that all the soils aren’t bad as we have been lied to by the scripture that condemns everyone as a sinner. Some people are not sinners according to Christ in this parable.

2. Parables of the Cross and Tower

Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Luk 14:28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Luk 14:29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

Luk14:30 Saying, This man began to build and was not able to finish.

The above scripture passage is simply telling us of the costs of eternal life, that salvation is not by any grace as preached by Paul neither is it free of charge as believed by Christians! It also says very loud and clear that no one, not even Jesus Christ, is going to do anything on our behalf. So, whatever he did is an example for us to follow and do the same.

No sacrifice is mentioned or implied here. Whatever adversity we suffer in the name of God/Jesus Christ is a cross and that we must prayerfully bear ourselves. Jesus Christ bore his own cross, not ours!!

3. Good and Bad Trees

10 Even now the axe of God’s judgment is poised, ready to sever the roots of the trees. Yes, every tree that does not produce good fruit will be chopped down and thrown into the fire

Trees represent human beings in scriptures. It’s also crystal clear again that it’s the bad tree that gets cut down and thrown into the fire, not the good ones and there’s no sacrifice or vicarious assistance provided to save bad trees from being cut and fed into the fire. All the trees aren’t bad as we have been taught from childhood, some trees are actually good and fruitful. The righteous exist, though in precious little minority.

4. The Threshing Floor

Matthew 3:12

12 He is ready to separate the chaff from the wheat with his winnowing fork. Then he will clean up the threshing area, gathering the wheat into his barn but burning the chaff with never-ending fire.”

Here, Jesus Christ tells us the nature of his judgement as well as the fact of the existence of righteous or good people. Everything on the floor isn’t chaff and the wheat won’t be burnt together with the chaff. The wheat became wheat by itself and the chaff became chaff by itself, no sacrifice was required to make the wheat become wheat.

As in Mk 4:26-28, we become whatever we elect to become by ourselves. God doesn’t interfere at all. We get saved or damned on our own accounts. If one wants to be righteous, let him ask God for the ability. This is the message of Jesus Christ, any other contrary message from Paul or anyone else is to be rejected completely.

5. Two Foundations

Matt. 7:24-29

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and ignores it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”

Jesus Christ implies in this parable that whereas some people won’t obey or live by his words, some others would and that whereas those who live by his words would withstand life’s trials and God’s final judgement, those who don’t live by his words won’t. There’s no mention of sacrifice or any other construct which would save those who don’t live by Jesus’ words neither does Jesus Christ say here that he’d enable some people by his grace to live by his teachings and not enable some others, etc. as in Paul’s ungodly doctrine of partiality which states that God capriciously decides to favour some people and not to favour some others. Paul usually creates a construct without basis in God which leads him to present God as a mystery because he is unable to support his ungodly position with facts.

6. Two Classes of People

Mat 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need, not a physician, but they that are sick.

Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

How much more obvious would a thing be? How much more tautological and down to earth would Jesus Christ be for us to understand his teachings? He came, not to die as a sacrifice as we have been lied to but to open the eyes of sinners to the good news which is that God would forgive them if they repent!! Why do we like complicating things that have been simplified for us by Christ? Jesus says here that some people are sick while some are not but Paul says that everybody is sick, how’s that possible?

7. Disciple and Teacher

Matthew 10:24 – 25

24 “Students* are not greater than their teacher, and servants are not greater than their master. 25 Students are to be like their teacher, and servants are to be like their master. And since I, the master of the household, have been called the prince of demons, * the members of my household will be called by even worse names!”

If I would be treated precisely as my Lord and Master Jesus Christ was treated, what then did he do on my behalf? The truth is that he set examples for us to follow and do the very things he did. He didn’t do things so we don’t have to do them again as the sacrifice and grace doctrine teaches.

8. The Two sons

Matthew 21:28-32

28 “But what do you think about this? A man with two sons told the older boy, ‘Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.’ 29 The son answered, ‘No, I won’t go,’ but later he changed his mind and went anyway. 30 Then the father told the other son, ‘You go,’ and he said, ‘Yes, sir, I will.’ But he didn’t go. 31 “Which of the two obeyed his father?” They replied, “The first.”* Then Jesus explained his meaning: “I tell you the truth, corrupt tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the Kingdom of God before you do. 32 For John the Baptist came and showed you the right way to live, but you didn’t believe him, while tax collectors and prostitutes did. And even when you saw this happening, you refused to believe him and repent of your sins.”

The explanation of this parable is within it. Jesus Christ repeats the same theme (which runs through all his teachings) here which is that his message is of repentance and mercy but evil people changed it to sacrifice and grace which Jesus Christ never mentioned or implied in any of his sermons. We either repent or we perish.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/8-reasons-why-jesus-christ-isnt-a-sacrifice-for-sins/

Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
SATANICALLY:
Jesus Christ the Son of God, the only Saviour of mankind and Messiah of God gave us clear, unmistakable descriptions of how things are in the kingdom of God by the use of short stories called parables.

As usual, my only authority is Jesus Christ because he’s the one we are commanded to listen to. Since the Bible is full of self-contradictions, the only wise response to Bible incongruities is limiting oneself to Jesus Christ for those who are desperate in their search for God and his kingdom.

1. The Parable of the Sower.

This is very straight forward: the sower is God and his children and the seed is the word of God (never mind ‘pastors’ who lie to us that seed is money); the “wayside” are those who receive the gospel but the devil (fowls of the air are demons) steals it from their hearts; the “stony places” are those who receive the gospel but lack roots or depth in themselves so are offended by trials and persecution that come due to the gospel; the “thorny ground” are those who receive the gospel but are carried away by the cares of this life while the “good soil” are those who receive the gospel and bear fruits according to their capacities.

So, it’s very clear here that everyone determines what sort of soil he becomes and there’s no mention of assistance in any way, shape or form from the sower to the soils. The decision to receive the gospel and how you fare with it is your sole responsibility; no grace or sacrifice is mentioned or implied here at all. Also noteworthy is that all the soils aren’t bad as we have been lied to by the scripture that condemns everyone as a sinner. Some people are not sinners according to Christ in this parable.

2. Parables of the Cross and Tower
The above scripture passage is simply telling us of the costs of eternal life, that salvation is not by any grace as preached by Paul neither is it free of charge as believed by Christians! It also says very loud and clear that no one, not even Jesus Christ, is going to do anything on our behalf. So, whatever he did is an example for us to follow and do the same.

No sacrifice is mentioned or implied here. Whatever adversity we suffer in the name of God/Jesus Christ is a cross and that we must prayerfully bear ourselves. Jesus Christ bore his own cross, not ours!!

3. Good and Bad Trees

Trees represent human beings in scriptures. It’s also crystal clear again that it’s the bad tree that gets cut down and thrown into the fire, not the good ones and there’s no sacrifice or vicarious assistance provided to save bad trees from being cut and fed into the fire. All the trees aren’t bad as we have been taught from childhood, some trees are actually good and fruitful. The righteous exist, though in precious little minority.

4. The Threshing Floor

Here, Jesus Christ tells us the nature of his judgement as well as the fact of the existence of righteous or good people. Everything on the floor isn’t chaff and the wheat won’t be burnt together with the chaff. The wheat became wheat by itself and the chaff became chaff by itself, no sacrifice was required to make the wheat become wheat.

As in Mk 4:26-28, we become whatever we elect to become by ourselves. God doesn’t interfere at all. We get saved or damned on our own accounts. If one wants to be righteous, let him ask God for the ability. This is the message of Jesus Christ, any other contrary message from Paul or anyone else is to be rejected completely.

5. Two Foundations

Jesus Christ implies in this parable that whereas some people won’t obey or live by his words, some others would and that whereas those who live by his words would withstand life’s trials and God’s final judgement, those who don’t live by his words won’t. There’s no mention of sacrifice or any other construct which would save those who don’t live by Jesus’ words neither does Jesus Christ say here that he’d enable some people by his grace to live by his teachings and not enable some others, etc. as in Paul’s ungodly doctrine of partiality which states that God capriciously decides to favour some people and not to favour some others. Paul usually creates a construct without basis in God which leads him to present God as a mystery because he is unable to support his ungodly position with facts.

6. Two Classes of People
How much more obvious would a thing be? How much more tautological and down to earth would Jesus Christ be for us to understand his teachings? He came, not to die as a sacrifice as we have been lied to but to open the eyes of sinners to the good news which is that God would forgive them if they repent!! Why do we like complicating things that have been simplified for us by Christ? Jesus says here that some people are sick while some are not but Paul says that everybody is sick, how’s that possible?

7. Disciple and Teacher

If I would be treated precisely as my Lord and Master Jesus Christ was treated, what then did he do on my behalf? The truth is that he set examples for us to follow and do the very things he did. He didn’t do things so we don’t have to do them again as the sacrifice and grace doctrine teaches.

8. The Two sons
The explanation of this parable is within it. Jesus Christ repeats the same theme (which runs through all his teachings) here which is that his message is of repentance and mercy but evil people changed it to sacrifice and grace which Jesus Christ never mentioned or implied in any of his sermons. We either repent or we perish.
The author would have made his meaning clearer if he had in fact provided in his article what he refers to as "sacrifice and grace".

By the way, I believe when Paul that in his letters, the word "grace" he uses to refer to the New Covenant, which is embodied in the person of Jesus Christ, i.e. the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ.

Sacrifice - I don't know where to begin in looking at the possible meaning of that up.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
SATANICALLY:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/8-reasons-why-jesus-christ-isnt-a-sacrifice-for-sins/

For once, this is a very factual submission devoid of unnecessary conjectures.
The truth is that followers of biblical Jesus left his core teachings for teachings of other men.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The author would have made his meaning clearer if he had in fact provided in his article what he refers to as "sacrifice and grace".

By the way, I believe when Paul that in his letters, the word "grace" he uses to refer to the New Covenant, which is embodied in the person of Jesus Christ, i.e. the teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ.

Sacrifice - I don't know where to begin in looking at the possible meaning of that up.

You are still looking for something to squeeze in?
It's self explanatory.The onus lies on the preachers of Grace and sacrifice to give us the meaning and originator of those concepts.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:
You are still looking for something to squeeze in?
It's self explanatory.The onus lies on the preachers of Grace and sacrifice to give us the meaning and originator of those concepts.
You assume I even understand what "Grace and Sacrifice" preaching refers to. So point me in the right direction as far as this "grace and sacrifice" which he speaks of. undecided
In fact, I had originally opened this to read the explanation to the Title " Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins!"
I am here reading this guy trying to use Jesus Christ's parables to explain what he refers to as "grace and sacrifice" and I am like, why use the parables which were given by Jesus Christ to confuse the already confused. undecided
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 5:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You assume I even understand what "Grace and Sacrifice" preaching refers to. So point me in the right direction as far as this "grace and sacrifice" which he speaks of. undecided
In fact, I had originally opened this to read the explanation to the Title " Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins!"
I am here reading this guy trying to use Jesus Christ's parables to explain what he refers to as "grace and sacrifice" and I am like, why use the parables which were given by Jesus Christ to confuse the already confused. undecided

It's just simple English language.
No "abracadabra" from pastor

Look at item 8. Carefully, it summarizes all you need to know that you just need to repent of your wrong doing to be forgiven.

Verse 31b ; I tell you the truth, tax collectors & prostitutes will get into the kingdom before you
Verse 32 for John came and showed you the right way but you didn't believe him, while tax collectors & prostitutes did. And even when you saw this, you refused to REPENT( this is a clause that qualifies verse 31)

But same confused Romans brought in concept of sacrifice to be held unto and guaranteed the kingdom of God, even when biblical Jesus himself said prostitute will enter the kingdom by repenting.(events before the recreated stories of death of a human as a necessity for forgiveness of sins)

So it's simple GES 101. there is no concept of sacrifice here (whether animal or human). It could only have been recreated
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:
It's just simple English language.
No "abracadabra" from pastor

Look at item 8. Carefully, it summarizes all you need to know that you just need to repent of your wrong doing to be forgiven.

Verse 31b ; I tell you the truth, tax collectors & prostitutes will get into the kingdom before you
Verse 32 for John came and showed you the right way but you didn't believe him, while tax collectors & prostitutes did. And even when you saw this, you refused to REPENT( this is a clause that qualifies verse 31)

But same confused Romans brought in concept of sacrifice to be held unto and guaranteed the kingdom of God, even when biblical Jesus himself said prostitute will enter the kingdom by repenting.(events before the recreated stories of death of a human as a necessity for forgiveness of sins)

So it's simple GES 101. there is no concept of sacrifice here (whether animal or human). It could only have been recreated
Romans? What Romans?
As for the blood of Jesus Christ being shed for the forgiveness of our sins, Jesus Christ Himself said it is so.

Matthew 26 vs 26-29(ESV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.”
27. And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you,
29. for this is my blood of the[c] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
30. I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”
I am afraid what you say is GES101 does not seem to appear as clear to me as you think it should. I don't what you mean by sacrifice... are you suggesting that people are in fact sacrificing animals in the name of Jesus Christ today? undecided
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Romans? What Romans?
As for the blood of Jesus Christ being shed for the forgiveness of our sins, Jesus Christ Himself said it is so.

I am afraid what you say is GES101 does not seem to appear as clear to me as you think it should. I don't what you mean by sacrifice... are you suggesting that people are in fact sacrificing animals in the name of Jesus Christ today? undecided

I'm very sure. You wouldn't say something is unclear to you in a WAEC English exam especially when you know what you are writing . My explanation is not different from what op wrote. But of course, this clear structure will still be unclear to you because of your religion
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:
I'm very sure. You wouldn't say something is unclear to you in a WAEC English exam especially when you know what you are writing . My explanation is not different from what op wrote. But of course, this clear structure will still be unclear to you because of your religion
Was my response to your statement about sacrifice incorrect? If yes, then I am still clueless.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=99883064] Romans? What Romans?

I'm not here to argue on discrepancies which is a common thing in the Bible. From Op's write up there is no concept of sacrifice as a necessity for forgiveness. I also pointed out that same confused Romans still sold the idea of sacrifice.
So which came first? So from this answer you could deduce a recreated story. Not holding brief for the original concept though

See highlights of basic teachings for forgiveness of sins(no human sacrifice what so ever) just by repenting

2chronicles 7:14
Jerem 36:3
Daniel 4:27
Hoseah 14:1-3
Ezekiel 18:1-4
Prov 16:6
Deutr 24: 16
Etc

Hope you find Deuteronomy 24:16 very interesting.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:
I'm not here to argue on discrepancies which is a common thing in the Bible. From Op's write up there is no concept of sacrifice as a necessity for forgiveness. I also pointed out that same confused Romans still sold the idea of sacrifice.
So which came first? So from this answer you could deduce a recreated story. Not holding brief for the original concept though

See highlights of basic teachings for forgiveness of sins(no human sacrifice what so ever) just by repenting

2chronicles 7:14
Jerem 36:3
Daniel 4:27
Hoseah 14:1-3
Ezekiel 18:1-4
Prov 16:6
Deutr 24: 16
Etc

Hope you find Deuteronomy 24:16 very interesting.
1. Why do you keep insisting on mentioning the Romans? Who are the Romans at this time? Nigerian Christians or what? undecided

2. And the Bible references you provided all have to do with Old Covenant teachings, whereas the OP focused on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I am sure you are trying to help but I think you are instead complicating this one. All I want to know is what the OP keeps referring to in his article. I believe he instead refers to a particular teaching he calls "sacrifice and grace" teaching
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Why do you keep insisting on mentioning the Romans? Who are the Romans at this time? Nigerian Christians or what? undecided

2. And the Bible references you provided all have to do with Old Covenant teachings, whereas the OP focused on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I am sure you are trying to help but I think you are instead complicating this one. All I want to know is what the OP keeps referring to in his article. I believe he instead refers to a particular teaching he calls "sacrifice and grace" teaching

I think you are afraid to read
We are reacting on Op's write up. And I chose sacrifice for example. The least you could do is weigh up which concept came first since it is a common thing to find discrepancies in the good book.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:
I think you are afraid to read
We are reacting on Op's write up. And I chose sacrifice for example. The least you could do is weigh up which concept came first since it is a common thing to find discrepancies in the good book.
To read what? Which concept came first? I did explain that in reference to Jesus Christ's dying necessary for the forgiveness of sins, that is in fact the Truth according to Jesus Christ. But as far as some arbitrary reference to "sacrifice" , I am not certain where it comes from or in.

I don't randomly examine doctrines - there are thousands out there. Hence the reason why I need specifics on what the OP is in fact referring to.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
To read what? Which concept came first? I did explain that in reference to Jesus Christ's dying necessary for the forgiveness of sins, that is in fact the Truth according to Jesus Christ. But as far as some arbitrary reference to "sacrifice" , I am not certain where it comes from or in.

I don't randomly examine doctrines - there are thousands out there. Hence the reason why I need specifics on what the OP is in fact referring to.

And I'm saying same biblical Jesus rightly pointed out who you should pray to directly for your forgiveness of your sin before other recreated stories of blood for atonement.
Before blood for atonement ..he clearly stated
1. From Op's write up you just need to repent to be forgiven
2. Biblical Jesus strictly gave an instruction on prayer (Lord's) prayer; forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
this is a prayer directly to almighty God

So my argument with you is not on discrepancies or establishing a truth.. but on which concept came first
Please be open minded when you read
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:
And I'm saying same biblical Jesus rightly pointed out who you should pray to directly for your forgiveness of your sin before other recreated stories of blood for atonement.
Before blood for atonement ..he clearly stated
1. From Op's write up you just need to repent to be forgiven
2. Biblical Jesus strictly gave an instruction on prayer (Lord's) prayer; forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
this is a prayer directly to almighty God

So my argument with you is not on discrepancies.. but on which concept came first

Please be open minded when you read
You don't get me at all. I don't know what "sacrifice and grace" is in reference to so I cannot argue for or against what the OP has there as a result of that. All I know is that indeed Jesus Christ declared that His blood was shed for the forgiveness of sins... and that is where my understanding of what is potentially going on here ends. undecided
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You don't get me at all. I don't know what "sacrifice and grace" is in reference to so I cannot argue for or against what the OP has there as a result of that. All I know is that indeed Jesus Christ declared that His blood was shed for the forgiveness of sins... and that is where my understanding of what is potentially going on here ends. undecided

That was what you would have told me since.,
that you are fixed on a belief system. grin
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:
I never stated anything about a belief system. I am not sure that you get that from.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:
I never stated anything about a belief system. I am not sure that you get that from. I stated clearly from the beginning that I do not understand the OP's point and that more information is needed.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 8:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I never stated anything about a belief system. I am not sure that you get that from.

We are still saying same thing ..you are fixated on your own understanding of concept of atonement. Because that's all you know and I'm not blaming you for it
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:
We are still saying same thing ..you are fixated on your own understanding of concept of atonement. Because that's all you know and I'm not blaming you for it
We are not saying the same thing.
Kobojunkie:
I never stated anything about a belief system. I am not sure that you get that from. I stated clearly from the beginning that I do not understand the OP's point and that more information is needed.
None of what I have said here means what you claim there.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
We are not saying the same thing. None of what I have said here means what you claim there.

So what were you saying when you said you had only an understanding of atonement? grin

Africa
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:

So what where you saying when you said you have only an understanding of atonement? grin
Africa
Again, Independent of what is written in the OP's statement, I am aware of the teaching of Jesus Christ as far as His blood and the forgiveness of sins under the New Covenant is concerned. undecided

Remove yourself from all of this and you will see that your assumptions are all you, not me. I have not said anything different now,more than 10 posts later, from what I said when I first responded - the article is missing vital information necessary for helping readers better understand what exactly the OP is on about.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Jman24(m): 8:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, Independent of what is written in the OP's statement, I am aware of the teaching of Jesus Christ as far as His blood and the forgiveness of sins under the New Covenant is concerned. undecided

Remove yourself from all of this and you will see that your assumptions are all you, not me.

Again you are saying I should remove my self from assumptions when you had clearly stated you have only knowledge for atonement.
I'm not establishing any truth remember.
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jman24:

Again you are saying I should remove my self from assumptions when you had clearly stated you have only knowledge for atonement.
Neither have I established any truth of my own here in this since I keep declaring that I do not understand the OP's message
Re: 8 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Isn’t A Sacrifice For Sins! - Simon Ifeanyi Ezeh by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
Jman24:
I finally realize now the possible meaning in the message posted by the OP there. I had to first encounter the definition of "grace and salvation" that could fit his narrative there - the very things I had complained about in my first response were missing. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Salvation, Or Just Blackmail? / A Testimony I Heard In Church Yesterday / Drama As Deeper Life Church Pastor Dumps Ministry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.