Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President (9740 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: It’s Dangerous To Release IPOB Leader – Arewa Youths President / Falana: Hold Government Responsible For Herdsmen Killings / Samuel Ortom: If I Die Today, Hold The Federal Government Responsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Mightyhaiz: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
say bughari

4+4+4

next upper levos

1 Like

Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by StreetFight: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
It's obvious nah. Buhari, Atiku, TY Danjuma, Muhammed Ndimi, Jeremiah Useni, IBB, Abubakar Abdulsalami, Yakubu Gowon and other semi literate Almajaris are the funding and arming their Fulani brothers to overrun the South. But, it shall end in tears for them.
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by lexy2014: 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:
That's true

This is what happens when you run a non-productive economy like Nigeria...an economy based on over importation and selling of raw materials and extractive products.

At the end of the day, the money earned is not enough because we don't control the price (Prices for oil and even agricultural and minerals are not controlled by the countries that produce them, they are controlled in London and New York)...plus we stifle job growth by importing and importing.

That's one reason why I don't back the breakup of Nigeria, because there is going to be a big fight over control of exportable resources. In every part of Nigeria, the rich people are either exporters of raw materials, or people who sell imported stuff to the employees of exporters of raw materials. People like Innoson and Dangote are the exception.

If you want the youth to be well employed, support parties and politicians committed to making Nigeria productive by being an exporter of industrial goods whose prices you can control. If you believe in splitting up Nigeria, then get your secessionist leaders to develop a plan that would see your new country become industrial fast....

Or we face anarchy either way....

How have all this u said got to do with d govts inability to provide security?

1 Like

Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by NwaNimo1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2021
dehiero:

What movie did you get this gif

Mad Max
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by pepericozi: 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
Abeg. Na your palava be dat o. Restrict your nonsense to the north
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
lexy2014:

How have all this u said got to do with d govts inability to provide security?

That's a different and important matter too.

And for that, we have to find a way to improve funding for security...because our police budget can't fund the police of a big city in the first world..

If we become a productive economy, based on producing goods whose prices we can control, maybe we would also end up with the income/gdp needed to fund the police....

Short term, we can raise our tax to gdp ratio to get the money needed to fund and improve the police, as well as remove subsides on petrol and so on....but since Nigerians will scream poverty....

Anyway, that's my idea. APC though is not on the same wavelength.
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by bilag17(m): 3:28pm On Mar 14, 2021
Too much talk with no action. Kaduna is the kid business center at the moment. Start from there without delay.

1 Like

Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by lexy2014: 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:

That's a different and important matter too.

And for that, we have to find a way to improve funding for security...because our police budget can't fund the police of a big city in the first world..

If we become a productive economy, based on producing goods whose prices we can control, maybe we would also end up with the income/gdp needed to fund the police....

Short term, we can raise our tax to gdp ratio to get the money needed to fund and improve the police, as well as remove subsides on petrol and so on....but since Nigerians will scream poverty....

Anyway, that's my idea. APC though is not on the same wavelength.

What has tax, gdp, subsidy and income got to do with govts inability to provide security?
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Eriokanmi: 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2021
So, no be Tinubu dey cause am again? I blame the agbaaya onijekuje of a man who gave such an inconsequential ethnic group power to be flexing their muscles anyhow. In his next life, he would heed the elderly's advice before joining force with evil.

These fulanis are supposed to be forever grateful to him but they're paying him back with his coins. My KD friend who used to live on independence Road once said buhari and his children before 2015 were living in a building on one plot of land in kaduna, with faded paint. Now tinubu has made the children celebs and billionaires for life while his people down south are wallowing in abject poverty. He deserves the treatment they're giving him hawt-hawt

1 Like

Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
lexy2014:

What has tax, gdp, subsidy and income got to do with govts inability to provide security?

First, I am not excusing APC if that's what you think I am doing.

Second, our police budget is $1.3 billion. For policing a country of 211 million people. (By contrast, UK spends $22-24BILLION to police less than 70 million people). As you can see, our police is too poorly equipped to fight bandits, herdsmen, and other criminals...to the point that they have had to rely on the Army...itself not too well funded...for help.

Third, if you want a well equipped, well funded, and well paid police, who will do a good job without asking for kola, or for petrol or for bribe the budget for the police has to go up.

It is that simple really

The problem is, the government runs a resource dependent economy which does not raise income unless prices or the resources we sell are high. That leaves us with a vulnerable economy, and a poorly funded police...and a resurgent criminal base.

Hope you get it.
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Jostoman: 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
W
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by lexy2014: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:

First, I am not excusing APC if that's what you think I am doing.

Second, our police budget is $1.3 billion. For policing a country of 211 million people. (By contrast, UK spends $22-24BILLION to police less than 70 million people). As you can see, our police is too poorly equipped to fight bandits, herdsmen, and other criminals...to the point that they have had to rely on the Army...itself not too well funded...for help.

Third, if you want a well equipped, well funded, and well paid police, who will do a good job without asking for kola, or for petrol or for bribe the budget for the police has to go up.

It is that simple really

The problem is, the government runs a resource dependent economy which does not raise income unless prices or the resources we sell are high. That leaves us with a vulnerable economy, and a poorly funded police...and a resurgent criminal base.

Hope you get it.

Did u see APC in any of my questions?

D $1.3billion given to d Nigerian police force, how did they spend it?

D $22billion given to d UK police force, how did they spend it?

How does d "resource dependent economy" prevent d govt from providing security?
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Funkeshuga(m): 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
Northerners should hold the govt responsible, we southerners will forestall any attempt to enlarge your banditry and kidnapping in south will be foiled with heavy resistance

southeast have lead, I'm sure southwest will followed soon then south south
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
lexy2014:

Did u see APC in any of my questions?

It's implied obviously

D $1.3billion given to d Nigerian police force, how did they spend it?

D $22billion given to d UK police force, how did they spend it?

Ask them , it's a free country.

Plus how do you police 211 billion people with just 1.3 billion? When it should be twenty to thirty times that>

Good afternoon. I think I have answered your questions. Take it or leave it.
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by lexy2014: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:

It's implied obviously

Ask them , it's a free country.

Plus how do you police 211 billion people with just 1.3 billion? When it should be twenty to thirty times that>

Good afternoon. I think I have answered your questions. Take it or leave it.

Implied where? Can u produce d implied that u say is obvious?

Am asking u since u no police budget in Nigeria & UK. Are u saying u have no idea how d budgets were expended? Or does budget just end with allocation?

Since u are asking:

"Plus how do you police 211 billion people with just 1.3 billion? When it should be twenty to thirty times that?"

Then u should be able to tell us how d nigerian police spent it's $1.3billion.

U haven't even started answering my questions
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
lexy2014:

Implied where? Can u produce d implied that u say is obvious?

Am asking u since u no police budget in Nigeria & UK. Are u saying u have no idea how d budgets were expended? Or does budget just end with allocation?

Since u are asking:

"Plus how do you police 211 billion people with just 1.3 billion? When it should be twenty to thirty times that?"

Then u should be able to tell us how d nigerian police spent it's $1.3billion.

U haven't even started answering my questions

Okay, I believe you can live on N5000 a month, no need to take loans , pay your bills and so on out of that money.

Obviously the police is poorly funded, or why was ENDSARS HAVING funding of the police as one of their demands?

You don't want to accept my answer because like most Nigerians you think we have money in a bottomless pit. You also think you can buy a ferrari with N20 .....and get change even

We don't. Corruption makes it worse.

Now, good day. I will hold no more conference with thee. Thou art free to gloat, I suppose.
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by lexy2014: 4:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:

Okay, I believe you can live on N5000 a month, no need to take loans , pay your bills and so on out of that money.

Obviously the police is poorly funded, or why was ENDSARS HAVING funding of the police as one of their demands?

You don't want to accept my answer because like most Nigerians you think we have money in a bottomless pit. You also think you can buy a ferrari with N20 .....and get change even

We don't. Corruption makes it worse.

Now, good day. I will hold no more conference with thee. Thou art free to gloat, I suppose.

U haven't answered my question:

How did d nigerian police spend it's $1.3billion budget?
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by onuman: 4:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/14/insecurity-nigerian-govt-responsible-for-banditry-kidnapping-others-arewa-youths/

No. We hold IPOB responsible. Because IPOB wants to spoil our Arewans’ Party of cheap cash from crude oil in one Naijeeriyaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Ihatemumu: 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
Godarz:
That's true

This is what happens when you run a non-productive economy like Nigeria...an economy based on over importation and selling of raw materials and extractive products.

At the end of the day, the money earned is not enough because we don't control the price (Prices for oil and even agricultural and minerals are not controlled by the countries that produce them, they are controlled in London and New York)...plus we stifle job growth by importing and importing.

That's one reason why I don't back the breakup of Nigeria, because there is going to be a big fight over control of exportable resources. In every part of Nigeria, the rich people are either exporters of raw materials, or people who sell imported stuff to the employees of exporters of raw materials. People like Innoson and Dangote are the exception.

If you want the youth to be well employed, support parties and politicians committed to making Nigeria productive by being an exporter of industrial goods whose prices you can control. If you believe in splitting up Nigeria, then get your secessionist leaders to develop a plan that would see your new country become industrial fast....

Or we face anarchy either way....

So how many years until that leader comes?
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
Ihatemumu:

So how many years until that leader comes?

Maybe you are the leader?
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by thatigboman: 4:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
lexy2014:

it does o, but an excuse.
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by Rikkely: 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
dehiero:

What movie did you get this gif

Mad Max by Mel Gibson
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by lexy2014: 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:
it does o, but an excuse.

Leave d excuse. Explain d reason. What has tax, gdp, subsidy and income got to do with govts inability to provide security?
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by thatigboman: 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
lexy2014:

Leave d excuse. Explain d reason. What has tax, gdp, subsidy and income got to do with govts inability to provide security?
crimes arise in places where the rate of unemployment is high.
And to fund the security personnel, like police, govt uses tax.
If we have a booming economy where many majority of the citizens are in employment and unemployment rate is very low, crime rates and criminals will reduce, corruprion will reduce, money gotten from taxes will increase and the funding of security like police will increase and the people will be more secured.
It's simple economics sir. Govt get their money from taxes and excise duty. That's why tax defrauders in sane countries like US and europe go to jail, no matter how highly placed they are, because that's where govt gets money from.
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by catloaded: 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
The leaders are responsible
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by thatigboman: 4:57pm On Mar 14, 2021
lexy2014:

See nigeria govt's source of income.
Basically tax and excise duties.
So if u get money from tax, how will u fund police?

Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by MarvelousMe: 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
Lmao
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by obama30: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/03/14/insecurity-nigerian-govt-responsible-for-banditry-kidnapping-others-arewa-youths/

this Arewa people most be totally mad, which government? government of the north by the north. is arewa now a southern group?

During end sars protest, they claim that the protest is against good working goverment, so who are the Nigerians they are talking to?

time for all lovers of Nijeria from north to fight the battle they create against Jonathan.
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by rotadeco27: 5:45pm On Mar 14, 2021
Which government? The one collecting returns from ransoms taken by the bandits . it is only a fool that wont know that kidnapping is the oil basin discovered in the north!
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by oloshun(m): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
And this guy in the picture is considered a youth. All is well.
Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by lexy2014: 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:

That doesn't explain anything. Instead of answering d question I asked, u are asking me a question:

Re: Banditry, Kidnapping: Hold The Government Responsible – Arewa Youths President by lexy2014: 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
thatigboman:

U haven't explained anything. I actually thought u knew what u were talking about. Instead of answering d question I asked, u are asking me a question.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency: APC In Dilemma Over Zoning, May Throw Race Open / Sacked APC Senator, Joel-Onowakpo Vows To Challenge Tribunal Verdict / Can The North Secede?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.