Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo (425 Views)

Coup Scare: I Regret My Action, Will Be Careful In Future, Says Fani-kayode / Buhari Has Mortgaged Nigeria’s Future, Says Don / May Day: Let’s Dedicate Ourselves To Hopeful Future, Says Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 8:07pm On Mar 14, 2021
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo SAN delivers remarks at the 1st Year in Office Anniversary Interdenominational Church Service of Governor Hope Uzodinma in Imo State, Nigeria. 14th March, 2021. Photos; Tolani Alli
The challenges Nigeria currently faces as a nation are not insurmountable, but they are stepping stones to a great future, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

Prof. Osinbajo stated this today in Owerri at a special interdenominational thanksgiving service to mark the first anniversary of the administration of the Imo State Governor Hope Uzodinma.

The Vice President, who delivered the felicitations of President Muhammadu Buhari to the Imo State governor and the people, also observed that faithful service to the people in public office is a way of honouring God who gave the opportunity in the first place to leaders.

“Let me say that despite the challenges our Nation faces, by the grace of God, we, the Nigerian people, are more than able to surmount them. So I say to you, people of Imo and the great people of Nigeria; yes, we have work to do, yes we have much to repair, but we are undaunted. The problems we see today are the stepping stones to our great future. We are, by the grace of God, mightier than our challenges,” the VP said.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo SAN with Governor Hope Uzodinma and Barr. Uzodinma at the 1st Year in Office Anniversary Interdenominational Church Service of Governor Hope Uzodinma in Imo State, Nigeria. 14th March 2021. Photos; Tolani Alli
The Vice President was received at the airport by host Governor Uzodinma, as well as some former Governors – including Orji Kalu of Abia and Mohammed Bindow of Adamawa. There were also FEC members like the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, SAN, and the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige.

While he acknowledged some of the strides so far recorded under Governor Uzodinma, the VP urged him to stay focused on delivering quality leadership in service to the people of Imo State, while ensuring their well-being remains a cardinal point for the state government.

“There are at least three possible forms of opposition to the government. One is political opposition, the second is time, and the third is the leader himself – i.e. when the leader is discouraged or distracted. But the most critical factor is you, the leader. How you deal with time and political opposition will determine success or failure. Don’t look back. Keep focused. Stay on track,” he said.

Charging the Governor, Prof. Osinbajo noted that, “this is a State with a population of close to five million people. Since this state was created in 1976, there have only been 16 governors and you, Gov. Hope Uzodinma, are one of them. Since 1999, only six elected governors and you are one of them.

“Some may say that you are here because you are the smartest, I am sure you know that being the smartest doesn’t mean you will get here.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Governor of Yobe State Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Ekiti State Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Governor of Imo State Sen. Hope Uzodinma and Governor of Kogi State Yahaya Bello at the 1st Year in Office Anniversary Interdenominational Church Service of Governor Hope Uzodinma in Imo State, Nigeria. 14th March, 2021. Photos; Tolani Alli.
Referencing the Holy Book, the VP noted that, “Time and chance happen to them all. And the Almighty God controls Time and chance. So you are here today by the Grace of God. And so, my brother, life is a loan and public office is a loan of an even shorter tenor.”

He added, “Morning shows the day, and you have started well. I am aware that over the past year, your administration has invested extensively in the construction and rehabilitation of physical infrastructure, the rehabilitation of educational and health institutions, as well as markets.

“The administration is currently undertaking a number of measures aimed at restoring power supply to rural communities and increasing power supply to urban areas. I know that you have also issued an executive order reducing the right of way charges for telecom companies laying broadband infrastructure – which bodes well for the use of technology and the emergence of an innovation economy in this state.

“I understand that these are only a few of the initiatives that this administration is undertaking. I am told that this year’s budget has been tagged a “budget of wealth creation.” This theme is apt because we recognize that our major challenge as a nation is that of creating enough wealth and opportunities to meet the expectations of our fast-growing population. The theme also gives an insight into your focus and orientation.”

Prof. Osinbajo then wished Gov. Uzodinma administration good success in piloting the affairs of the State in the years to come.

The service, which featured ministrations from Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, and Pentecostal clergy, also had in attendance the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan and Deputy Senate President, Ovie Omo-Agege; Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ahmed Wase; and a coterie of State Governors – including Alhaji Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State, who is also the APC Caretaker Committee Chairman. Others include Governor of Ekiti State and Chairman, Nigeria’s Governors Forum, Dr. Kayode Fayemi; Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu; Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. Dave Umahi; and Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi, among others.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/03/14/nigerias-challenges-are-stepping-stones-to-a-great-future-says-osinbajo/

Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
We have come thus far as a nation, Nigeria shall prevail against all odds.
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by OgundeleTeju: 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
A great one �
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Zeemam: 8:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nigeria shall prevail, so sure of that
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Maxymilliano(m): 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
Stop all these motivational talks and fix the country! You people were not voted for to motivate . angry
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Tumbulum: 8:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
Political correctness is the greatest problem of the south
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Thunder1010: 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2021
"The problems we see today are the stepping stones to our great future. We are, by the grace of God, mightier than our challenges,” ..... See word of encouragement from a great leader.
Nigeria will surely prevail.
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Monogamy: 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
That's only if we take action now
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Joylove2324(f): 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2021
smiley
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by maybanks: 8:29pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nigeria will prevail, Our Unity is non negotiable

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by mbaise1000: 8:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
Dreaming is free,
Being in denial is a choice, and
Doing ostrich too.
But none of these will change the truth,
We must face reality, the inevitable must come to be, no amount of epistle will stop the sun from rising when the time comes, there are things you don't wish or force or hate or insult away.
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Joyce95: 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
Colorful Event, Congratulations Gov. Hope
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Jhayphil: 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
Congratulations on his first year anniversary. We shall prevail.
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Joyce95: 9:30am On Mar 15, 2021
This is an awesome Event, Nigeria will surely prevail soon
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Racoon(m): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2021
Nigeria has been having challenges since the post independence era with irresponsible leadership, avoidable multiple ethno-religio-politico-military crisis.

Then now, the more dangerous widespread insecurity and forced ethnization/fulanization of the Nigeria state under the present govt among many the ills bedevilling Nigeria today.

The question is why have all these challenges never led to the elusive Nigeria greatness in the past 60years of forced and failed nationhood.

VP Osinbajo should refrain from making unnecessary motivational/inspirational speeches.He knows deep down in his heart that Nigeria is not and will never be unity. For "unity without veracity & acceptability is a conspiracy."
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Mabizeka: 9:42am On Mar 15, 2021
Monogamy:
That's only if we take action now
Shut up
Re: Nigeria’s Challenges Are Stepping Stones To A Great Future, Says Osinbajo by Igbankpa(m): 9:49am On Mar 15, 2021
Really! we've been having challenges since the inception of this contraption.

Mondays can be really depressing for me, reminds me more of my current state of joblessness.
Abeg who get job for me? Even if it's not a job per se, something like training/mentorship Or if you know anywhere I can volunteer please point me to that direction cos I'm really tired of staying idle. I'm a graduate of political science passionate about service to humanity currently on a journey of self development and my dream is to gain enough experience so as to be able to serve at a bigger and better capacity. Please if you can help me in anyway I'll really appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

We Need More Education Than Flyovers – Kwankwaso Tells Kano State Governor / Gbadamosi To Buhari, Tinubu: Stop Pouring Empty Encomiums, Address Issues Odumak / Laundering: how Nigerian Twitter Influencers, PR Firm Got Involved With Saab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.