Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ (51171 Views)

Wizkid Wins 3 Trophies At The AFRIMA Awards 2021 / Wizkid Wins Soultrain Awards 2019. See Full List Of Winners. / Brown Skin Girl - Beyoncé Ft. Saint JHN, Wizkid & Blue Ivy Carter – Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Oshokalo: 11:35pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jagznation:
Beyonce won the Grammy not wizkid
go collect am for him hand na

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
Royaldave200:
Nigeria Afrobeats stars Burna Boy and Wizkid have both won awards at the 2021 Grammys.

Burna Boy won the Best Global Music Album category while Wizkid won the Best Music Video for his song with Beyoncé

You are a very unintelligent fellow and I doubt you are a graduate or will ever ever one

How can you say wizkid won a grammy ?

Did he own the song or was he the video director ? Beyonce won the award not wizkid

Illiterate like you
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by KushLyon(m): 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
Saltybear:

You are a very unintelligent fellow and I doubt you are a graduate or will ever ever one

Did he own the song or was he the video director ? Beyonce won the award not wizkid

Illiterate like you

So Grammy is lying or is that not Blue Ivy's name I'm seeing at the bottom as the youngest Grammy award winner? Abi na blue Ivy get the song? No go let hypertension kill you this night sha grin

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by TheStrongest: 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
Saltybear:

Illiterate like you
Why are you pained like this Why the hate on another man’s success? Shey Grammy wey get the award wey say Wizkid win na illiterate too? Nawa ooo

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
TheStrongest:
Why are you pained like this Why the hate on another man’s success? Shey Grammy wey get the award wey say Wizkid win na illiterate too? Nawa ooo

Which grammy ? You are obviously not educated

Beyonce won the grammy for her video not wizkid

Dummy

Go to school
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 14, 2021
KushLyon:

So Grammy is lying or is that not Blue Ivy's name I'm seeing at the bottom as the youngest Grammy award winner? Abi na blue Ivy get the song? No go let hypertension kill you this night sha grin

See this yoruba hater grin

My bro Burna boy wom his own grammy

Wizkid is only mentioned because he sang back up in the song whose video won a grammy he gets nothing and is only recognized due to his chorus singing in the song

Go to school afonja
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by WinterMinter(m): 11:44pm On Mar 14, 2021
WarriAproko:
credits is given to all even the music director

Alright,but who owns the music?
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by KushLyon(m): 11:45pm On Mar 14, 2021
Saltybear:

Wizkid is only mentioned because he sang back up in the song whose video won a grammy he gets nothing and is only recognized due to his chorus singing in the song

Go to school afonja
Oya go remove his name from the award na or go argue with grammy...ode jati jati grin and also, wizkid sang the first verse of the song not the chorus

Ps: I'm full blooded igbo

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by emmyrate1(m): 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
LesbianBoy:
I am not hating o, but Grammy lost its value since.

Some of the biggest artists in the US with a huge fan base have other awards apart from Grammy.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
u already sounding hate cry cry baby. Rejoice with the great sọ u can be great

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2021
KushLyon:

Oya go remove his name from the award na or go argue with grammy...ode jati jati grin and also, wizkid sang the first verse of the song not the chorus

Ps: I'm full blooded igbo

Mumu I have posted the rejoinder from.grammy website mumu like you

Go to school gala hawker
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by emmyrate1(m): 11:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jagznation:
is beyonce related to u?
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by KushLyon(m): 11:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
Saltybear:

Mumu I have posted the rejoinder from.grammy website mumu like you

Go to school gala hawker
Wizkid's name will be in Grammy's hall of fame forever as a Grammy award winner, go use your goat teeth take remove am....omo ale grin

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
KushLyon:

Wizkid's name will be in Grammy's hall of fame forever as a Grammy award winner, go use your goat teeth take remove am....omo ale grin

Along side video director and not artists who won it so sorry Omo ale

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by KushLyon(m): 11:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Saltybear:

Along side video director and not artists who won it so sorry Omo ale

Shey wizkid name no dey there? Sorry I forget say you no fit read...nursery school drop out grin

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by fowlyansh181(m): 11:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
Jagznation:
google Jcole first Grammy ..

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
KushLyon:

Shey wizkid name no dey there? Sorry I forget say you no fit read...nursery school drop out grin

Mumu it has been corrected on every website out there mumu look at the time in your screenshot you fool

Now go and check latest updates

Wizkid won nothing he only featured ,he wasn't even in the video you fool , blue ivy won he sang back up on the audio

Hahaha grin
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by BLoomfrancs(m): 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
Wizkid didn't win anything.
Read the rules below from Grammy official terms

FEATURED ARTISTS
To be recognized as a GRAMMY nominee, a featured artist must be credited as a featured artist; and make a significant and artistic contribution beyond accompaniment.Featured artists are GRAMMY-eligible in Album Of The Year if they perform on more than 33% of the playing time of an album; they are eligible in the genre album categories if they perform on more than 51% of playing time; and are eligible in performance categories if they are credited as a featured artist on the track/single.If an album is credited to one artist but has many tracks featuring guest artists, it may have to be considered a “Various Artists” album. That determination will be made on a case-by-case basis by the Academy.
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by hollah123: 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
Saltybear:

Go to school afonja
so Grammy has even turn to tribal war....guy check yourself ooo
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by htron(m): 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2021
Beyonce win Grammy ooooo not wizkid in abeg make una dey correct unaself But a Big shout out to Wizkid on this one
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
hollah123:
so Grammy has even turn to tribal war....guy check yourself ooo

Smh

Trash
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by owila4luv(m): 12:01am On Mar 15, 2021
peppermint7:
How do I tell my younger sibling that small Blue ivy won a Grammy before davido
tell her with your anus
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:08am On Mar 15, 2021
The song is trash very trashy. Same for the lyrics. Burnaboy deserves it but you see Wizkid. They're just helping because of Beyonce my 2cents
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by TheStrongest: 12:08am On Mar 15, 2021
Saltybear:

Which grammy ? You are obviously not educated

Beyonce won the grammy for her video not wizkid

Dummy

Go to school
Ozuo... watch this video and tell me Who the award goes to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQXR5E9Lb8E

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 15, 2021
TheStrongest:
Ozuo... watch this video and tell me Who the award goes to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQXR5E9Lb8E

U are just an idiot

Read the article fool

Wizkid was given an honorable mention blue ivy won the award dirty thing

Haba you are just a useless illiterate
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by TheStrongest: 12:10am On Mar 15, 2021
Saltybear:

Go to school afonja
He wrote part of the song too... He’s heavily involved in that song.. Just wait until his plaque gets to him before you start crying...

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 15, 2021
TheStrongest:
He wrote part of the song too... He’s heavily involved in that song.. Just wait until his plaque gets to him before you start crying...

Plaque ko coffin ni

Oga shut up he didn't write any part of the song

Blue ivy owns the award video goes to her

Mumu like you
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by TheStrongest: 12:15am On Mar 15, 2021
Saltybear:

U are just an idiot

Read the article fool

Wizkid was given an honorable mention blue ivy won the award dirty thing

Haba you are just a useless illiterate
People Mumu for this world oooo grin grin grin. You watch video finish still talk say na honorable mention, blue ivy won the award but not Wizkid. How please?

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by XavierD(f): 12:15am On Mar 15, 2021
TheStrongest:
No go use envy kill yourself oo.. I know say the winning choke

Wizkid was not even norminated.

How can someone who was not norminated for Grammy win Grammy ?

As African is concern, two wins came to Africa, Burna Boy from Nigeria and one other guy from Mali
Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by TheStrongest: 12:16am On Mar 15, 2021
Saltybear:

Plaque ko coffin ni

Oga shut up he didn't write any part of the song

Blue ivy owns the award video goes to her

Mumu like you
We argue with facts... not pick from here, pick from there. Check songwriters list

Re: Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 15, 2021
TheStrongest:
People Mumu for this world oooo grin grin grin. You watch video finish still talk say na honorable mention, blue ivy won the award but not Wizkid. How please?

I can see you are too stupid to understand

I opened a thread and you can follow the link to verify

Websites have already corrected it

You are just too stupid to insult even

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Angelique Kidjo Is Burna Boy’s Biggest Threat In Grammy Awards Category / Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) / The Worst Lines Ever Used By Musicians In Songs