Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album (72910 Views)

Tems Wins Grammy Award For "Best Melodic Rap Performance” Category / Grammy: Burna Boy Reacts As “Twice As Tall” Album Gets Nomination / Burna Boy Wins BET Best International Act 2020 (Full List Of Winners) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Greatfullheart: 10:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
nitrogen:
Lol

Davido in the mud? Anyway, I stan David and Wizzy, fuvk Burna Boy, arrogant brat!
davido's a better time should have won. Na ojoro abeg
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
Traviscottt:
grin..somebody go soon leave this music for una.. grin
Who d breath E choke grin

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
Congratulations..

Those insulting davido... are monkeys...

Burna is bringing his gold home... wizkid congrats.. but its only documented for the world..

Beyonce is holding back the award...

So some silly Nigerians should work hard like Davido if e sure them... that is if they can reach half of his earnings... silly things

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by GeeBoss(m): 11:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
femlex:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-56393983?__twitter_impression=true

How come no one is talking about it in Nairaland. Burna Boy with his Twice as Tall Album wins Grammy. This is a bigggg deal. The First Nigeria solo Artist to win it
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Grandmeister(m): 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2021
luminouz:

You are exactly one of the reasons Nigeria is fuqed up. Blinded by sentiments and too egotistical to even consider that all those guys gave you hard proof, yet you not only wallowed in ignorance but actively, tirelessly and ferociously defended it.

Will it kill you to admit that you were wrong? Or is this some BS tribal sentiment again? Other Nigerians have won Grammy but burna boy is the first new generation artist to win it in your era.

Simple.

Gosh!!! Nigerians Mata na wa ooo undecided
His point is that those winners while having Nigerian ancestry are recognized as British artists. Burna boy is a certified Nigerian singer repping afro beats. That’s a huge one.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Goodvibes007: 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2021
tonididdy:

I'm not a music newbie boy.
Bob died in 1981, before and as at that time the time, the Grammy never had a recognition category for regae artist until 1985 (four years after his death).

Burna is only 29....give the dude a break, he hasn't even lived half the age of Fela.

Bob Marley was a great but wasn't recognized in the Grammy but his kids are very popular with the awards.
I can see you have been googling. Did burna win grammy for afrobeat category?

I said Bob was one of the world's greatest musician and not just a reggae musician. His music was making waves all around the world from the jungles of Africa to the ice fields of Siberia and up to the mountains in Canada, yet no grammy nominations.

You are a true indomie generation that you are. Please stick to music by Davido, Wizkid, burna, Olamide e.t.c.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by KingAlabi: 11:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
The only song I like here is real life the rest no follow abeg angry
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 11:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
Dantedasz:

grin

It appears you are not ready to take corrections for your ignorance. While congratulating Burna boy for his feat we should not twist or be blind to history. At least five Nigerians have Won the Grammy before him. This is a fact of history but if you choose to wallow in your ignorance I am afraid I can't help you.

You can't help me because its a fact that burna is the first Nigeria 'not in disapora' tobe nominated consecutively and win a Grammy Award the following year with his 'afrobeat' sound.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Ayobami7(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2021
congrats
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Sheedymadu1(m): 11:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
Where is that osun money confirm boy... I mean DAVIDO 30BG... Him mate done win Grammy

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
Goodvibes007:

I can see you have been googling. Did burna win grammy for afrobeat category?
You are a true indomie generation that you are. Please stick to music by Davido, Wizkid, burna, Olamide e.t.c.
Is there an afro beats category un the grammies?
Is there any genre of music known as" Best Global Music Album"

Burna was recognised for his afro beats sounds.

(Of course I have to prove to you that everything is in records and you can't go around spewing lies (claiming you are an oldbie)
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Felabarmudia: 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2021
garfield1:

So who is the greatest?
Burner is global
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Drone95(m): 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2021
Wetin dey sup!!! This is what is coming!!!
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by luminouz(m): 11:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
Grandmeister:

His point is that those winners while having Nigerian ancestry are recognized as British artists. Burna boy is a certified Nigerian singer repping afro beats. That’s a huge one.

Now you made a salient point.

I think not all are British artists, except seal and sade adu. Some were Nigerians who made music here and travelled to the U.S on tours and such. One of such is the Grammy drummer.

The way the guy was going about it was very wrong. A Win for burna boy is a win for all of us. All this screaming of burna Vs davido Vs WizKid is so lame.

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Dantedasz(m): 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2021
tonididdy:

You can't help me because its a fact that burna is the first Nigeria 'not in disapora' tobe nominated consecutively and win a Grammy Award the following year with his 'afrobeat' sound.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Educate yourself.
Good night.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
luminouz:

You are exactly one of the reasons Nigeria is fuqed up. Blinded by sentiments and too egotistical to even consider that all those guys gave you hard proof, yet you not only wallowed in ignorance but actively, tirelessly and ferociously defended it.

Will it kill you to admit that you were wrong? Or is this some BS tribal sentiment again? Other Nigerians have won Grammy but burna boy is the first new generation artist to win it in your era.

Simple.

Gosh!!! Nigerians Mata na wa ooo undecided
You mean other Nigerians in diaspora who are recognised for their unfamiliar african genre of music?

Did they win with afro beats sounds?

New generation my foot.... You think afro beats is an easy sound to master like burna has done and was recognised for internationally?

You are the problem with Nigeria because you have stuck to archaic methods hence the reason you voted in 78yrs old clueless president

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by tonididdy(m): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
Dantedasz:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Educate yourself.
Good night.
So sad I couldn't help you
Waste your money and you're only out of money, but waste your time and you've lost a part of your life.

Thanks for the time. Ciao
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by JustCruise(m): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
I never had a doubt, dude been fire from his first EP. Odogwu congrats bro,more wins.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by kmaster007: 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
nitrogen:
Lol

Davido in the mud? Anyway, I stan David and Wizzy, fuvk Burna Boy, arrogant brat!
E choke you
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by greggng: 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
The day I listened to burna boy monster ...that was when I knew it was a matter of time for him to win Grammy .That song deserves double award

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
RedSquid:

Seal and Sade Adu were solo artists when they won it na

Keep quiet they never ide tifued as Nigerians

Burna boy is the first to be living in Nigeria and won it from Nigeria identified as Nigerian

Shut up

Yoruba hater

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Goodvibes007: 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
tonididdy:

Is there an afro beats category un the grammies?
Is there any genre of music known as" Best Global Music Album"

Burna was recognised for his afro beats sounds.

(Of course I have to prove to you that everything is in records and you can't go around spewing lies (claiming you are an oldbie)

My last post on this topic:

I said Bob was one of the world's greatest musician and not just a reggae musician. His music was making waves all around the world, from the jungles of Africa to the ice fields of Siberia and up to the mountains in Canada. He is an household name all around the world just like Michael Jackson. Yet, he has no grammy nomination.

You are also digressing. You mentioned that one has to win a grammy to be classified as a world great, and I pointed out that Bob Marley never had a nomination let alone winning one. We all know he should have won or earned nominations for album, song and record of the year while he was alive.

Have a good afternoon.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by yetunsbay(m): 11:16pm On Mar 14, 2021
IJEYdiamond:
Congratulations..

Those insulting davido... are monkeys...

Burna is bringing his gold home... wizkid congrats.. but its only documented for the world..

Beyonce is holding back the award...

So some silly Nigerians should work hard like Davido if e sure them... that is they can reach half of his earnings... silly things
let most youths get same supporting factors surrounding OBO & in which he had benefitted then see how dem go blow
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by kanmie(m): 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
I dey tell you my guy, you know my style
E no be Jazz, them dey sell am for eBay
If you say you get mind and you wanna try
You go go die, iberibe
It's been a landslide for a long time
But them no wan believe me
All of una combine, shey you wan try
Oya do am, if e easy
Who bad enough? Who do it like me?
Make una phone my cellular (wait)
Your back and your spinal cord e go break
If you carry my weight
Because I'm way too big
Way too big to be fucking with you
To be fucking with you, mmh
Because I'm way too smart
Way too smart to be falling in your trap
Fucking with you, mmh
'Cause I'm way too cool
Way too cool to be losing my cool
(Oluwaburna)
Truly, truly
I bring the thunder like Muri
They say I'm on drugs, ti mi o mu ri
But everything dem talk still no dey do me
Them say na because me I be skuri
Before my life changed I lived in a movie
Used to roll with the shank just like Julie
Still Popcaan 'cause I'm unruly
Beat my case 'cause of hung jury
Took my place as the shine shine bobo of
The Nigerian music
Because I'm way too big
Way too big to be fucking with you
To be fucking with you, mmh
Because I'm way too smart
Way too smart to be falling in your trap
Fucking with you, mmh
'Cause I'm way too cool
Way too cool to be losing my cool
Na your problem
I done tell say na your problem
You just mad because I'm poppin'
Na your problem
Say, na your problem
I done tell say na your problem
You just mad because I'm poppin'
Na your problem
I dey tell you my guy, you know my style
E no be Jazz, them dey sell am for eBay
If you say you get mind and you wanna try
You go go die, iberibe
It's been a landslide for a long time
But them no wan believe me
All of una combine, shey you wan try
Oya do am, if e easy

After listen to this song... I knew Burna Boy is way above the likes of Davido and wizkid

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
inumidun2010:

Do your Assignment right... he's not the first Nigerian to win Grammy... Google is your friend

But I love the ODOGWU... OLUWABURNA

Shut up yoruba boy
Because wizkid and Davido weren't even norminated and won nothing you are envious

Go drink sniper na
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by nitrogen(m): 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
donforeign:
ode

Lol, e pain and choke you? Your fav is a fuvking brat!
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
JaceBlaze:
These days you can walk into the studio and fart and wait for your Grammy trophy.

See yoruba boys everywhere angry and hating grin

Tribalism no go kill una

Go collect the grammy give wizkid na

With all his love love love songs that no body cares about
Hahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Nychillax(m): 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
Emmadoc:
Let's face reality, burna boy wouldn't have won without diddy influence same goes for wizkid, wizkid only won because of beyonce.

Imagine, blue ivy also won an award, if that little rat can win a grammy, then there is no glory in the award for wizkid.

Anyways congrats to them.

Na wizzy gat the song or na him go collect the award, wizzy no win anything na Beyonce gat the award abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

"Khalid Deflowered Me Here In Biggie's House” - Daniella Reveals (Video) / Latest Naija Songs / Who's Richer?fuji Musicians Like Pasuma And R N B Singers Like 2face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.