Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album - Music/Radio (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album (72983 Views)

Tems Wins Grammy Award For "Best Melodic Rap Performance” Category / Grammy: Burna Boy Reacts As “Twice As Tall” Album Gets Nomination / Burna Boy Wins BET Best International Act 2020 (Full List Of Winners) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by LongNipple(m): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2021
I think Burna wasn't the first to win a Grammy. Look what I saw on Twitter.

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by IronGalaxy: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2021
JaceBlaze:
These days you can walk into the studio and fart and wait for your Grammy trophy.
grin cheesy we not gonna hear the end of it I swear. You know their legendary chest beating

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by IronGalaxy: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2021
LongNipple:
I think Burna wasn't the first to win a Grammy. Look what I saw on Twitter.
She's British.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by IronGalaxy: 11:09am On Mar 15, 2021
Kudos to Burna cool
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by lymelyte(m): 11:20am On Mar 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....
Bar man give me more bottles
I told you all that 2face, burna boy and wizkid are the only real niggarrrrs in the music industry....

Damnnnnn.....I am gonna smoke all night

Barman or waitress give us more bottles..
I told you all......Jesse jags........please you are the next...that niggarrrr is talented
that your small white phone is a bomb detonator grin
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:51am On Mar 15, 2021
inumidun2010:

Well, I apologize if my comments hurt you. I'm sorry.. back to the matter... SIKIRU ADEPOJU is a man who plays TALKING DRUM( Gangan) and he's a Typical Nigerian... All I'm saying is that Nigeria has been making waves before now..its just because hip-hop is the new rave.. People have been bagging awards in different Genre..
Once again... I'm so sorry for my earlier comments

Apologies accepted. I apologise for my own rude response too.

The point I intend to make is that Burna Boy is first Nigerian solo artiste to win the Grammys.

All the Nigerians that have won it previously are either now citizens of other countries or band members.

There are many Nigerians doing exploits abroad. But many of them are now citizens of other countries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by JaceBlaze: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
IronGalaxy:
grin cheesy we not gonna hear the end of it I swear. You know their legendary chest beating

I know grin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by jimmychang: 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2021
caracas:

Oga the fact that he won a Grammy does not make him better than davido.
Wole shoyinka won a Nobel price in literature, but we all know he is no where near the literary icon, chinua Achebe . Victor ikpeba, amuneke, yekini all won the African footballer of the year award,but we all know they are no where near Jay Jay magic Okocha.
Point is awards do not necessarily prove or show anyone as the best or better person in any field.

E just dey pain you grin grin grin grin grin......abeg calm down and digest it...in what aspect is Davido better than Burna....voice , talent ..the only thing Davido has is Money grin grin grin grin.... nothing else ...

Burna boy has a fucking Grammy ....I know it is hard ...but digest it

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Polchiz(m): 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2021
Givaxy:

Sade adu is from ekiti state born in Ibadan before migrating overseas. sikiru adepoju is from eruwa born in oyo state before migrating to Lagos state then usa.
OK thanks!
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by DisLifeSha: 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2021
Who is the first?

Givaxy:

not the first Nigerian musician
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
oduademon:

Bra, I have 4 likes, tells you the mentality is top-notch.

ok
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by PaulThor: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
Nigerians.. World's most evil people. Just because of Grammy now una Don dey insult una selves and my igbo language join.
Una black in both skin and heart.
Congrats to Burna Boy. Mehn so happy for you.
Congrats to Wizzy. I was furious when bey didn't recognise you for that song during nomination. I'm glad Grammy didn't forget.
Congrats to plantazun boys, Idris Abudkarin and Tony Tetula and of course, Prime times..
You all started this journey.
We are now set to conquer the world, musically..
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Givaxy: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2021
[quote author=DisLifeSha post=99905297]Who is the first?
/quote] Sade adu from ekiti state born in Ibadan
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by Wierdceo: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright.....
Bar man give me more bottles
I told you all that 2face, burna boy and wizkid are the only real niggarrrrs in the music industry....

Damnnnnn.....I am gonna smoke all night

Barman or waitress give us more bottles..
I told you all......Jesse jags........please you are the next...that niggarrrr is talented
This guy and this phone. The phone fine sha.
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by onomejames(m): 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2021
Congrats burna boy

https://heylink.me/69musicroom/

Check out this playlist
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by donforeign: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2021
molas02:

Do I have any business with you? Pls am not a kid

Mc oluomo na ur role model na, OgA age mate lmao.. e pain dem
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by azpekuliar: 2:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
danduchi:
Well deserved award for burnaboy but the other other guy's is just a side win even 9year old Blue Ivy also won

cheesy
Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by jimmychang: 2:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
caracas:

Oga the fact that he won a Grammy does not make him better than davido.
Wole shoyinka won a Nobel price in literature, but we all know he is no where near the literary icon, chinua Achebe . Victor ikpeba, amuneke, yekini all won the African footballer of the year award,but we all know they are no where near Jay Jay magic Okocha.
Point is awards do not necessarily prove or show anyone as the best or better person in any field.

On what ground is Davido better than Burna ? grin grin grin grin....if na money no problems....but the rest abeg park well

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Wins Grammy With 'Twice As Tall' Album by caracas: 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
jimmychang:

On what ground is Davido better than Burna ? grin grin grin grin....if na money no problems....but the rest abeg park well
Foolish question
Comparing goat(burna) to lion

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Latest Naija Songs / Who's Richer?fuji Musicians Like Pasuma And R N B Singers Like 2face / 8 States With Highest Numbers Of Radio Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.