Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele (22066 Views)

Ronaldo Reveals His Best Goal Out Of His 701 Career Goals / Cristiano Ronaldo Nets Four Goals For Portugal Against Lithuania In EURO 2020 / When Nani Ruined One Of The Greatest Career Goals Ronaldo Scored(throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by fergie001: 10:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo reacts to his 770 official career goals.

Ronaldo has placed himself at the top of the world's goalscoring list.

ESPN FC

He scored a perfect hat-trick inside 32 minutes as Juventus bounced back from their midweek Champions League exit by beating Cagliari 3-1 away in Serie A on Sunday.

The 36-year-old striker found the net with a header, a right-footed penalty and a left-foot shot and celebrated by pointing to his ear in an apparent response to recent criticism, hitting his 57th career hat-trick.

Sporting Lisbon - 5 goals
Manchester Utd - 118 goals
Real Madrid CF - 450 goals (highest in club history)
Juventus - 95 goals
Portugal - 102 goals (highest for the selecao)

The last few weeks were filled with news and stats considering me the World’s Top Scorer in football history, overcoming Pelé’s 757 official goals. Although I’m thankful for that recognition, now it’s time for me to explain why I didn’t acknowledge that record until this moment.

My everlasting and unconditional admiration for mister Edson Arantes do Nascimento, such as the respect that I have for mid-20th century football, led me to take into account his 767 score, assuming his 9 goals for São Paulo State Team, as well as his single goal for the Brazilian Military Team, as official goals. The World as changed since then and football as changed as well, but this doesn’t mean that we can just erase history according to our interests.

Today, as I reach the 770.º official goal in my professional career, my first words go straight to @pele . There’s no player in the World who hasn’t been raised listening to stories about his games, his goals and his achievements, and I’m no exception. And for that reason, I’m filled with joy and pride as I acknowledge the goal that put’s me on top of the World’s goalscoring list, overcoming Pelé’s record, something that I could never have dreamed of while growing up as a child from Madeira.

Thanks to all of those who took part of this amazing journey with me. To my teammates, to my opponents, to the fans of the beautiful game all over the World and, above all, to my family and close friends: trust me when I say that I couldn’t have done it without you.

Now I can’t wait for the next games and challenges! The next records and trophees! Believe me, this story is still far from being over. The future is tomorrow and there’s still a lot to win for Juventus and Portugal!

Join me in this journey! Let’s go! ����

Cristiano Ronaldo

Pele greets CR7:

@cristiano , life is a solo flight. Each makes his own journey. And what a beautiful journey you are having! I admire you a lot, I love watching you play and this is no secret to anyone. Congratulations on breaking my record of goals in official matches. My only regret is not being able to give you a hug today. But I leave this photo in your honor, with great affection, as the symbol of a friendship that has existed for many years.

Edson Arantes do Nascimento (Pele)

Portugal greets CR7:

The best ever is Portuguese! ��⚽ Cristiano Ronaldo is the ������ �������� in the history of world football! �� Thank you, captain! Let's all go. #VamosComTudo

Portuguese National Team

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by fergie001: 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
Yes, you are the ORORO of our time.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by BabbanBura(m): 11:27pm On Mar 14, 2021
fergie001:
Cristiano Ronaldo has reacted to his 770 official career goals.

He scored a perfect hat-trick inside 32 minutes as Juventus bounced back from their midweek Champions League exit by beating Cagliari 3-1 away in Serie A on Sunday.

The 36-year-old striker found the net with a header, a right-footed penalty and a left-foot shot and celebrated by pointing to his ear in an apparent response to recent criticism.

Cristiano Ronaldo

lalasticlala mynd44

Hurray to the legend!

23 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by paulolee(m): 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2021
congrats to a goal machine..too bad ur goals don't come when needed..
this 3 goals would have helped juve assuming it came during the UCL against Porto..
we all know he would surely score goals in Turin but winning the UCL for juve is almost impossible bcoz dt juve bad squad isnt ready for "mr new challenge"
maybe he needs to try his luck in PSG next season or he stays in juve and continue padding his stats with goals from the league and forget about the UCL..

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by paulolee(m): 12:04am On Mar 15, 2021
fergie001:
Yes, you are.
nobody follow am argue dt wan...wetin we wan hear na when him go win the UCL with Juve..
or the new challenge dt made him move to italy was just to score goals? I thought it was to win the UCL with them?
jive were already winning the league consecutively b4 he came and this season it seems juve are already losing their normal birthright..
because it seems juve would end the season as a bad one bt no problem bcoz ur god cr7 is padding stats with goals...
call me when he wins the UCL he promised....DTS d new challenge u all were shouting when dt move was made..

7 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by fergie001: 12:25am On Mar 15, 2021
paulolee:

nobody follow am argue dt wan...wetin we wan hear na when him go win the UCL with Juve..
or the new challenge dt he seeked in italy was just to score goals? I thought it was to win the UCL with them?
jive were already winning the league consecutively b4 he came and this season it seems juve are already losing their normal birthright..
if Juve finish dis season without the UCL and the scudetto, dts would spell doom for them n its 2 steps backwards and drastic decisions would be made, maybe selling cr7..
All this epistle because of 770?
grin grin grin

He has won the UCL with Man Utd & RM....When will Messi win it with City or PSG nah?

If only Messi had been scoring his penalties accurately, he would have gotten up to 2000 goals.

I remember very vividly the Copa America final in 2016 I watched alongside my brother JidennaJason and ghettokid1, against Chile.

I remembered Messi sending his PK outside the stadium, we had to pick the ball at Abonnema, or is it his S/final gift against Chelsea in 2012?

Check up again....I have edited it properly grin

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by punisha: 1:05am On Mar 15, 2021
amazing feat.
I fear this guy may play ball till he is 50years old.

10 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by Feranchek(m): 2:49am On Mar 15, 2021
paulolee:

or the new challenge dt he seeked in italy was just to score goals? I thought it was to win the UCL with them?
if Juve finish dis season without the UCL and the scudetto, dts would spell doom for them n its 2 steps backwards and drastic decisions would be made, maybe selling cr7..

What yeye drastic decision?? The worst would be to relieve @CR7 of his job at Juve. And one fact you and I know is that, he'll still get offers from across Europe. With Pirlo still at the helms of affairs, adding Messi, Halland and even Mbape to that Juve team still won't bring them the UCL. That guy (Pirlo) is still a baby when it comes to coaching on the big stage and that, my friend, was Juve's greatest undoing.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by Officialhorlah(m): 3:39am On Mar 15, 2021
ORORO!!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by Xscape047: 5:43am On Mar 15, 2021
Next levels Sportsmanship

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by Alejobs: 5:45am On Mar 15, 2021
cry
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by seguno2: 5:47am On Mar 15, 2021
From how many matches, compared with how many matches by Pele

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by PrinxArthur1(m): 5:48am On Mar 15, 2021
Eiber man destroyer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by MrWomodi: 5:49am On Mar 15, 2021
Ronaldo! Agba! The GOAT.

____

LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 70% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦2,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Contact us on WhatsApp via the number on the flyer below to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263088_get01_jpeg244697957fd2ba75d65b1ca5c1b7fa09

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263092_marr01_jpeg76110f727b4c2b1a435bfd5533a37bf3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263090_aa01_jpegd02f1f05ba2ae046ce617eb0204cc519

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263094_of_jpegbff4bac45bc461931b269c5bb272f34b

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by slawormiir: 5:49am On Mar 15, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....

I can bet my balls 90 percent of those goal are penalties
Penaldo for a reason

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by brightovio007(m): 5:50am On Mar 15, 2021
CR7

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by nrexzy: 5:52am On Mar 15, 2021
Penaldo..... Congratulations
U na star....
But e get one sun wey Dey block ur shine.....

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by bouncin04(m): 5:52am On Mar 15, 2021
and so ?
ProfAmaben:

Cassano was a monumental failure at real madrid, same club that CR7 registered 450 goals.
I stan Ronaldo but I think Cassano knows better . grin

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by lordempire(m): 5:54am On Mar 15, 2021
My guy

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 15, 2021
paulolee:
this 3 goals would have helped juve assuming it came during the UCL against Porto..
we all know he would surely score goals in Turin but winning the UCL for juve is almost impossible bcoz dt juve bad squad isnt ready for "mr new challenge"
maybe he needs to try his luck in PSG next season..
there are no players out there that score needed goals more than Ronaldo

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by BizBayo: 5:57am On Mar 15, 2021
Legendary!

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by karzyharsky(m): 5:57am On Mar 15, 2021
Ewure

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:00am On Mar 15, 2021
Ororoooooooooooo

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by Kingcalls: 6:03am On Mar 15, 2021
paulolee:
maybe he needs to try his luck in PSG next season..

U gas lighter....so the goals he scored yesterday were not needed...or the one the has been scoring winning titles were not needed... well , how often does Messi score needed goals...nobody scores needed goals in football than Ronaldo...if u hv no reasonable thing to say ,stay off his thread... bad belle ...it pains u so much when he shames u haters

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by ekevwe(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2021
When I was growing up. In current affairs, I use to see Pele scored over 1100 goals. FIFA are truly corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by Karleb(m): 6:05am On Mar 15, 2021
Kingcalls:

U gas lighter....so the goals he scored yesterday were not needed...or the one the has been scoring winning titles were not needed... well , how often does Messi score needed goals...nobody scores needed goals in football than Ronaldo...if u hv no reasonable thing to say ,stay off his thread... bad belle ...it pains u so much when he shames u haters

Leave him, haters will always hate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by palechestnut: 6:05am On Mar 15, 2021
fergie001:

All this epistle because of 770?
grin grin grin

He has won the UCL with Man Utd & RM....When will Messi win it with City or PSG nah?

If only Messi had been scoring his penalties accurately, he would have gotten up to 2000 goals.

I remember very vividly the Copa America final in 2016 I watched alongside my brother JidennaJason and ghettokid1, against Chile.

I remembered Messi sending his PK outside the stadium, we had to pick the ball at Abonnema, or is it his S/final gift against Chelsea in 2012?

Check up again....I have edited it properly grin
cheesy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by AlhajiNatty(m): 6:07am On Mar 15, 2021
Ototo nwa. Ome ihe ukwu. I salute you o yee god of soccer

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by Kingcalls: 6:08am On Mar 15, 2021
paulolee:

Now u sound not intelligent... so because he dint score against Porto, he has failed?? Is that what ur little mind tells u?? So the goals he scored against lyon last year, ajax and atletico in the knock ours 2 yrs ago is what?? Despite being the only juve scorer to hv scored in a knock out round in 2 straight seasons ... but ur messi that just had his first goal in 6 yrs in a final game that he gets knocked out is a success to u... messi fans are sick psychopaths

24 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by DenreleDave(m): 6:09am On Mar 15, 2021
Feranchek:

What yeye drastic decision?? The worst would be to relieve @CR7 of his job at Juve. And one fact you and I know is that, he'll still get offers from across Europe. With Pirlo still at the helms of affairs, adding Messi, Halland and even Mbape to that Juve team still won't bring them the UCL. That guy (Pirlo) is still a baby when it comes to coaching on the big stage and that, my friend, was Juve's greatest undoing.

Failure defending failure.. Get the fvck outta here...

Useless Ronaldo that cudnt score a goal against Porto.... Failurenaldo.

He has bulk of failed supporters also

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Nets 770 Official Career Goals, Surpasses Pele by Kingcalls: 6:10am On Mar 15, 2021
seguno2:
From how many matches, compared with how many matches by Pele

Just like pele played lesser games compared to Messi when Messi broke his single club goals record

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tottenham Fan Arrested For Throwing Banana At Aubameyang / We Won’t Beg Enyeama To Stay – NFF / Pictures And Videos From The Asisat Oshoala All-Star Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.