Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Michigan National Guard Vaccinates State Police - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Michigan National Guard Vaccinates State Police (107 Views)

Emir Of Yauri's Guard Killed In Hippopotamus Attack In Kebbi State / COVID-19: Ogun Vaccinates Isolation Centre Frontline Workers / Face-Mask Suffocates Security Guard To Death In Abeokuta (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Michigan National Guard Vaccinates State Police by Terrancal: 2:45am On Mar 15, 2021
DIMONDALE, Mich. – The Michigan National Guard administered the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to Michigan State Police employees at department headquarters on March 4.
“We have a lot of contact with the public,” said 1st Lt. Jay Poupard, operations section commander, Michigan State Police. “We want to ensure our employees, who choose to receive the vaccine to help keep them safe, have that opportunity. It’s important for us to display to the public that we’re willing to get this vaccination so that others can have confidence in it, too.”
While the vaccine provides an extra layer of safety, MSP employees are still required to perform the same COVID-19 safety measures they have been taking for the past year, such as wearing a mask and frequently washing their hands.
“Our agency’s primary concern is always public safety, and this public safety threat is just a different type of threat,” said Poupard. “Ultimately, it’s the safety of our citizens that is our primary focus regardless of what the threat is.”
Part of the response the MSP has been performing during the pandemic is to assist the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Michigan National Guard during mass testing and vaccination events. The three departments are strengthening their ties, helping communities through this crisis.
“I knew I couldn’t just sit on the sidelines anymore and I had to do something,” said Michigan Army National Guard Capt. Daniel Sackmann, the officer in charge of the Michigan State Police vaccination clinics. “I had to volunteer for this mission. I had to do something for my community.”
Sackmann, who is part of COVID-19 Vaccination Testing Team (CVTT) Task Force Spartan, is making lasting connections and helping those who serve and protect communities.
“I like it a lot because I get to give back to the people that are always protecting,” said Sackmann. “We get to protect them for once – that’s why I love doing this mission here.”
While the MSP clinics are some of Sackmann’s favorites, he has enjoyed traveling the state helping out wherever the missions lead him. His first mission was at a long-term care facility where some nurses and patients cried after receiving their initial vaccine. It was the first time in nearly a year that patients left their rooms.
He said it was a phenomenal experience when he returned to administer the second dose.
“I think the phrase for this is, ‘A mission of hope,’ and we’re giving hope in a world full of darkness,” said Sackmann. “Everything is so negative right now, but out here, we’re making a difference to save lives, and I think that’s what the world needs to hear.”

(1) (Reply)

Health Security: Why Nigeria Should Invest, Prepare Ahead Of Disease Outbreaks / Endometriosis -- The Secret Of Female's Infertility / Quick Weight Shedding Tips, The Secrets Of Losing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.