Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros (7443 Views)

RE: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heroes (Counter Thread) / Aisha Buhari: Bad People Have Taken Over The Country From Us / How Many Igbo People Have You Worked With? - Peter Obi Asks El-rufai (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 15, 2021
We all know about the Hausa empire, the fulani empire, the benin empire, the Old oyo empire and their heros, we all hear about the history of some of their heros, we hear about usman dan fudio, Afonja, queen aminat, Sango and how they went to battle against other empires and defeated them.

But something amazes me, i have never heard about any igbo empire, never heard about any igbo hero, never heard about any igbo wars. other empires organized wars against the colonists, they resisted and fought until they were subdued, never read any resistance of the colonists by the igbos.

The only war, we know the igbos fought was the civil war in which they were defeated by NIGERIA.

The only igbo hero i know was a fictional one in Chinue Achebe book, Okonkwo in things fall apart.

This is something to ponder about, please if you know any igbo empire or any igbo hero, mention them, i am curious.

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Monogamy: 10:13am On Mar 15, 2021

This one strong oo.

Hope South East people would be able to dispute this

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 10:15am On Mar 15, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry grin grin grin grin angry grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by harmargedon: 10:15am On Mar 15, 2021
have you made your research before coming to a conclusion that they don't.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 15, 2021
harmargedon:
have you made your research before coming to a conclusion that they don't.

Yes, if you know any igbo empire and their heros, mention them.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by illicit(m): 10:25am On Mar 15, 2021
But they get fine fine yellow babes

Talking from experience....

Amaka God bless you for the infatuation and lust that we shared for almost two years

it was a sweet swell time

tongue
Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 15, 2021
illicit:
But they get fine fine yellow babes

Talking from experience....

Amaka God bless you for the infatuation and lust that we shared for almost two years

it was a sweet swell time

tongue

What has babe got to do with my writeup??

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Daddysidhan: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2021
And you believe that uthman Dan fodio is a hero hmmmn Wonder shall never end. What is the difference between Dan fodio and shekau? Both names sounds like a terror

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2021
They don't have

6 Likes

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Finnese001: 10:36am On Mar 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

What has babe got to do with my writeup??

How can arsenal win Tottenham 2-0 yesterday

4 Likes

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Okpotokpo: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2021
It surprises me that you included afonja who betrayed his own people and letter died a coward.
I don't think it's your fault, history is banned in Nigeria schools that's why you eat every propaganda they fead you, so dumb.
The igbos resisted the British colonialist and their hausa Fulani Yoruba slaves for 33 years, all thanks to anioma people, they fell at ogwashi uku at asaba at onitsha when trying to conquer Igbos etc.
But it took them less than a month to overran the whole Yoruba land. I think it took them few days to take over Kano. And you here talking rubbish, oga go and research before saying what you don't know anything about.
You and your so called massive empires what has it benefited you, yet the women warriors of Benin republic gave you a run for your dear lives. grin

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 15, 2021
Okpotokpo:
It surprises me that you included afonja who betrayed his own people and letter died a coward.
I don't think it's your fault, history is banned in Nigeria schools that's why you eat every propaganda they fead you, so dumb.
The igbos resisted the British colonialist and their hausa Fulani Yoruba slaves for 33 years, all thanks to anioma people, they fell at ogwashi uku at asaba at onitsha when trying to conquer Igbos etc.
But it took them less than a month to overran the whole Yoruba land. I think it took them few days to take over Kano. And you here talking rubbish, oga go and research before saying what you don't know anything about.
You and your so called massive empires what has it benefited you, yet the women warriors of Benin republic gave you a run for your dear lives. grin

Which history books are you reading

The one created by Nnamdi kanu??

Yoruba - Old Oyo Empire.

Hausa - Hausa Empire

Fulani - Fulani empire

Benin - Benin Empire.

Igbo - ?

We know of jaja of opobo even in his small riverine area, he was a hero.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by ajailer(m): 10:52am On Mar 15, 2021
ibos benefitted most from the white man's coming to Africa...unlike other tribes, they only lived as clans. The white man was the one that came and labelled the ibo ppl a tribe.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by theTranslator: 10:55am On Mar 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
We all know about the Hausa empire, the fulani empire, the benin empire, the Old oyo empire and their heros, we all hear about the history of some of their heros, we hear about usman dan fudio, Afonja, queen aminat, Sango and how they went to battle against other empires and defeated them.

But something amazes me, i have never heard about any igbo empire, never heard about any igbo hero, never heard about any igbo wars. other empires organized wars against the colonists, they resisted and fought until they were subdued, never read any resistance of the colonists by the igbos.

The only war, we know the igbos fought was the civil war in which they were defeated by NIGERIA.

The only igbo hero i know was a fictional one in Chinue Achebe book, Okonkwo in things fall apart.

This is something to ponder about, please if you know any igbo empire or any igbo hero, mention them, i am curious.
Taqqiya gang

Na Empire dey make una no get sense? undecided
Where are the empires now?
Southerners beware!
This aboki came to sow disunity!
Don't give him correspondence!
Monogamy:

In pidgin pls
Okay
na dem taqqiya
Shey na empire dey make una no get brain? undecided
Where dem empire dey nau?
Southerners shine ya eye!
Dis aboki wan scatter una!
No follow am talk!

22 Likes

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 15, 2021
ajailer:
ibos benefitted most from the white man's coming to Africa...unlike other tribes, they only lived as clans. The white man was the one that came and labelled the ibo ppl a tribe.

That is because they never resisted the white man.

Infact i read that the warrant chief title which is now the red cap title, it was the white man that created and imposed it on the igbos so as to organise them.

It seems many igbo cultures were changed by the white man because of their lack of resistance to him.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by AlexBells(m): 10:56am On Mar 15, 2021
You know nothing About Igbo people, first of all, we were not the empire people, then we had the Aro confedracy, which was the biggest market and force within the East, The Igbo federation was going to be as the advancement of the Aro confederacy continue as far in as Enugu.

Within the Nsukka Opi axis, a contact with the Middle belt kingdoms of Igala and Tiv/Idoma having long been established trade in horses and the rest was profound, the iron smelting town of Leja Nsukka and the Environs was there.

Onitsha (Aniocha) and Across to Asaba (Anioma) was booming and Nnewi Axis too was springing up, we are nation states just like Ancient greek, before Philip Alexander the greats father, the city states in greek was scattered, Alexander took it a bit far by unifying the nation states.

It was going to happen, but Aro confedracy held more repute to the British than most other empires, note also that government by elders was very common in most part of AlaIgbo, so maybe you were not paying interest to AlaIgbo just how even today you had not travelled to AlaIgbo.

It had always been a little restricted here especially for Invaders and foreigners, AlaIgbo remains a sole area by Igbos abd for Igbos, say whatever you want no inch of AlaIgbo is open to invaders so you can call us empire, we are Igbos and we are unapologetic

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by julaion: 10:57am On Mar 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

this is because we are practical republicans in nature with no kings, the first in africa just like the greeks.... so dont be an idiot!! read books so you dont become a dundee utd

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 15, 2021
julaion:

this is because we are practical republicans in nature with no kings, the first in africa just like the greeks.... so dont be an idiot!! read books so you dont behave like dundee utd

The greeks were highly organized, they had an empire which conquered nations and created western civilization.

your submission does not make sense.

You are not like the greek...stop disrespecting the greeks.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by EzeNri(m): 11:02am On Mar 15, 2021
The Ekumeku war was fought by your grand fathers abi?

While the Yorubas practically begged the Colonialists to colonize them, the Aro Confederacy in present day Abia fought the superior British firepower.

Go school, una no gree.

Go and study about Aro, Abam, Edda, Ohafia, Abiriba, Awka these were purely warrior clans.

While your people were busy killing themselves in tribal warfare, Ndi Igbo were busy perfecting the art of democracy.

It took Yorubas 100 years later to cast with bronze after Ndi Igbo achieved the feat. Today, no indigenous sculpt art is more sophisticated than Igboukwu bronze.

Arochukwu used to be an Ibibio land, but today it is Igbo by conquest. We didn't get it by begging but warefare.

Ndi Igbo is the only major ethnic group that didn't lose any part of its territory to an external aggression.

No matter who Igalas tired, no inch of land was ceded to them, today, we Nzam under our full control.

I don't blame una, na FG wey remove History from our Curriculum I dey blame.

As for the Civil war, Benue alone lost over 500k young souls. The records are there for you.

Na Britain, I blame.

Ndi ara

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by julaion: 11:03am On Mar 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The greeks were highly organized, they heard an empire which conquered nations and created western civilization.

So your submission does not make sense.
you are a big fool for saying that... have you read the history of ibos...

8 Likes

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Monogamy: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2021
theTranslator:

Taqqiya gang

Na Empire dey make una no get sense undecided
Where are the empires now
Southerners beware!
This aboki came to sow disunity!
Don't give him correspondence!

In pidgin pls

1 Like

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by princepee: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2021
Aboki u have been noticed! Everyone can see the empire and Hero's boko Boko Haram and bandits is building in your region... In about ten years from now you people will havest what you are sowing...

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2021
EzeNri:
The Ekumeku war was fought by your grand fathers abi?

While the Yorubas practically begged the Colonialists to colonize them, the Aro Confederacy in present day Abia fought the superior British firepower.

Go school, una no gree.

Go and study about Aro, Abam, Edda, Ohafia, Abiriba, Awka these were purely warrior clans.

While your people were busy killing themselves in tribal warfare, Ndi Igbo were busy perfecting the art of democracy.

It took Yorubas 100 years later to cast with bronze after Ndi Igbo achieved the feat. Today, no indigenous sculpt art is more sophisticated than Igboukwu bronze.

Arochukwu used to be an Ibibio land, but today it is Igbo by conquest. We didn't get it by begging but warefare.

Ndi Igbo is the only major ethnic group that didn't lose any part of its territory to an external aggression.

No matter who Igalas tired, no inch of land was ceded to them, today, we Nzam under our full control.

I don't blame una, na FG wey remove History from our Curriculum I dey blame.

As for the Civil war, Benue alone lost over 500k young souls. The records are there for you.

Na Britain, I blame.

Ndi ara

The Ekumeku war was fought by the anioma people..who were the heros??

Presently igbo people do not accept anioma people as igbos.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by 9japride(m): 11:07am On Mar 15, 2021
Op is a funny person and just catching cruise. I didn't bother to read the writeup. Everyday, they keep coming up with one controversial topic or the other just to keep Nigerian youths distracted from the true situations of things in the country. While the evil ones are mortgaging the future of youths underground. Tomorrow again they will come up with another senseless topic so as to keep the youths arguing aimlessly. It is well. If southerners are wise they should ignore any topic that encourages division of southern Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Atonsboy(m): 11:07am On Mar 15, 2021
Seen
Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2021
Typical afonja...lacks knowledge of history. Igbo was the last African tribe to be subdued by Britain. Britain vowed Igbos will never know peace in their lives for delaying their plans of Africa conquest and costing lots of money. The fact is Britain sees Hausa-Fulani and Yorubaa as a people with very low IQ; they will never tell you this, that's why they let you two run Nigeria because they know you guys cannot reason critically and nothing good will ever come out of Nigeria with you guys running it...that's a fact!. But Igbos, no no no, we can't use them at all.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 15, 2021
julaion:

you are a big fool for saying that... have you read the history of ibos...

Yes...extensively.

Please don't compare people who lived in hut houses with the greeks who were practically conquering the world

12 Likes

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by EzeNri(m): 11:10am On Mar 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The Ekumeku war was fought by the anioma people..who were the heros??

Presently igbo people do not accept anioma people as igbos.

Yet, an Anioma led Oha N'Eze Ndi Igbo.

You abokis need help.

For your sifia pains, read about how powerful Aro Confedercy is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aro_Confederacy

It's a confederacy because we believe in Democracy, not bowing to stupid pot-bellied autocratic kings.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by EzeNri(m): 11:12am On Mar 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Yes...extensively.

Please don't compare people who lived in hut houses with the greeks who were practically conquering the world
Your people are still living in hut houses today. It's only in the north you will a full city filled with only hut houses.

When Aro was conquering the South, all the way to ND, where were your ancestors?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by chiagozien(m): 11:13am On Mar 15, 2021
Where are the Old Oyo Empire,Hausa Empire, Fulani empire, Benin Empire today?

People that believed their ancestor fall down from sky will be talking nonesense.

21 Likes

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Letthrmsay(m): 11:15am On Mar 15, 2021
julaion:

this is because we are practical republicans in nature with no kings, the first in africa just like the greeks.... so dont be an idiot!! read books so you dont behave like dundee utd

Igbos,no traffic here,if nah Tinubu's issue,this thread for don long.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo People Have No Empire And No Heros by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 15, 2021
EzeNri:

Yet, an Anioma led Oha N'Eze Ndi Igbo.

You abokis need help.

For your sifia pains, read about how powerful Aro Confedercy is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aro_Confederacy

It's a confederacy because we believe in Democracy, not bowing to stupid pot-bellied autocratic kings.

There was no oha neze ndi igbo during that period.

In the wiki link you posted, no mention of war by the aro confederacy against the colonists.

You don't believe in democracy...if you believe what is democracy in igbo language.

Lets get things straight.

The igbo people before the colonialism were highly disorganized, they were scattered around which made it hard for the organization of different clans.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State, for President? / Presidency Never Zoned To North – Obasanjo / FG Agency Blames Multiple Taxes, Others For High Cost Of Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.